Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:18:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 399
Total: 401

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Help please very concerned  (Read 2789 times)

Offline scottjenkins

Help please very concerned
« on: July 06, 2012, 07:32:30 am »

Timeline of events that have me worried

5-02 unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex with a female of unknown status... Earlier that morning have shaved my genital region

5-11 while showering noticed 2 small flesh colored bumps in genital area I had previously shaved.  They are both still there with no size change

5-28 went to beach and when I took off my shirt had a splotchy red rash from my tailbone to my shoulders up my spine sort of in a wing type pattern and wrapped around my side at waist line.  The rash faded daily and was finally gone about a week later. 

6-07 started having a sore throat and sinus drainage that caused a persistent cough.  Became very fatigued and felt just generally rundown. Started a round of antibiotics 

6-11 went to doctor he checked for strep and mono both which were negative and did a CBC which he didn't say anything about I told him I had gotten a dr friend to call me in some antibiotics a few days before and he said stop taking them and put me on some cough syrup to just help me get some rest at the time of this visit my BP was a little high so he told me to keep a watch on it. 

6-13 early that morning I woke up having a ringing in my ears and spasms in my jaws like I was clinching my teeth and my whole face itching I believe this was a reaction to the cough syrup my head was pounding so I went got my BP checked and it was 160/120 I went to dr and he put me on some BP medication. That afternoon I had to get a tooth filling and had a few novocain shots. 

6-17 I woke in middle of night with a pain under my left arm that ran to my elbow and even felt funny tingling like in my armpit. Also felt like I had a pulled muscle in front of my neck. 

6-18 at the end of both my jawbones under my ears I started having shooting pains and a dull ache. Eventually there was some swelling I could feel with my hands although I never felt a node that I could positively identify as being an enlarged node but my neck was visibly swollen under my ears. There was no tenderness when feeling these areas. The dull ache and slight swelling are still there on both sides.

6-20 developed 2 quarter size bumps along the waistline almost in same spot on both sides of my hips they looked like large blackhead pimples but with out any fluid inside them they were raised and blackish they have faded to one about a pinhead size and the other about a pencil eraser sizes still darkish almost like a sore but never burst I guess could be described as a risen but were never sore 

6-27 had a stress test that showed everything normal with my heart

7-01 started having the same tingling dull ache in my groin area below my waistline on inside of both my hips almost. There was some noticeable inflammation but couldn't feel any definite nodes. The feeling here and in my neck will ache all day but when I wake in morning will feel fine but longer days goes worse the pain is. 

Some history about 7 years ago through a routine checkup after a divorce I found out I had HSV-2.  I had never had an outbreak or any symptoms that I knew of.  At that time I was checked and HIV negative.  I haven't had even one instance of unprotected intercourse since.  I have through out this whole ordeal searched symptoms on the Internet an each one comes back to early HIV.  I have posted my story on other forums and have always been told no need to worry you had protected sex and the vaginal secretions that could have touched my shaven unprotected skin was no risk outside the host.  The forums are the only place i see these statements though.  On the CDC website it says this is a risk. I am a mathematician by trade and see so many coincidences that it looks nearly impossible for me not to have contracted HIV.  I know for my peace of mind I need to get tested but I'm so scared to.  I have read where even if you use protection if you have HSV2 your risk of transmission is high. Also since I have never had an outbreak could this be a severe one I am having I have read where HIV causes severe HSV outbreaks.  What is the probability of my story leading to a positive test result?  I appreciate any response. Thanks in advance.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Help please very concerned
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 07:50:10 am »
The most important fact in your copious notes is that you always have had protected intercourse. The only confirmed risks sexually for HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as condoms are always used properly for those activities you will have been well protected.

It's very unfortunate that you have spent all too much time surfing the net for symptoms. Nothing you are reporting is in anyway HIV-specific. And all the net will provide you with is more to fuel your fears and all to no good purpose.

I don't see any sound reason to think HIV is your problem. You should be discussing your symptoms with your doctor to find out the real cause(s).

You can very simply confirm your negative status by getting tested. You mention that you are too afraid to do that. Testing for you would be only for your peace of mind because I don't see HIV as a cause of your difficulties. Do you really think you want to continue to indulge in this obsessing about HIV (unnecessarily) rather than you just getting tested and putting an end to such self-torture?

There's nothing we can do for you in this setting because HIV is not the problem.
Andy Velez

Offline scottjenkins

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:21:39 am »
Thank you for the quick reply as you probably can tell I regret the day I first googled "unexplained rash". My OCD took over from that point on. This is a very informative forum but I'm going to try to stay away from it now at least until I get a full health screening to find out what is causing these chain of symptoms. Thanks again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:55:14 am »
Staying off of the net in general maybe a good idea for you. For sure HIV is not the problem.

Good luck in getting things sorted out.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.