Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 439
Total: 439

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why I hate conservatives  (Read 53052 times)

Offline Dachshund

Why I hate conservatives
« on: March 02, 2007, 04:46:03 pm »
The delightful Ann Coulter speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Notice her warm reception...I wonder if any of the Republican presidential candidates that spoke will have anything to say about this little gem. She makes me vomit.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/02/coulter-edwards/trackback/

Offline Cliff

Re: Why I hate conservatives
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 04:53:27 pm »
Sad.  I wonder what the Log Cabins will do or say about this.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:53:59 pm »
I love Ann. There's nothing more bracing than a smug, self-satisfied white bitch of obscene material worth barking nasally about the outrageous predations the alleged leftist elites.

And what an adam's apple!

MtD

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:54:38 pm »
Pretty soon she'll be getting naked and smearing herself in rubber cement while screaming "go back to Africa" at black people to get her books sold.

Methinks the lady doth havest a lot of attention issues.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 04:58:00 pm »
   I understand that back when she used to be a guy, she was a lot nicer. Maybe they put her new plumbing in sideways or something. I thought that I would add her to the list of people whose graves I'll piss on after they die. But on second thought. I'd MUCH rather do it while the bitch is alive. Maybe we can buy her a one way ticket to Jamaica....
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 05:00:10 pm »
Before her sex change, I heard she fought valiantly as an infantryman in jungles of Vietnam with the Canadian armed forces.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 05:08:06 pm »

Isn't she just the most delightful little bitch !! What goes around comes around....

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 05:40:39 pm »
Bucko the Depraved is gonna bitchslap me for stealing his thunder like this, but I think you chaps might appreciate this linkie.

Back in 2005, Buckles directed me to this delightful blog.

Who's the faggot now, Ann?

MtD

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 05:46:17 pm »
Funny, my computer won't play it. Its hard to figure who is the bigger dirtball,Edward the ambulance chaser who has made hundreds of millions of dollars attacking US corps, Al Gore and his environmental scam(remember his buddha scam, his phone use scam while VP, his attacks on oil and tobaccy even though his family made much of their large fortune from cigs and oil)which has blown up in his face with the recent airing of his electric and gas bills. Priceless,especially the whole buying and selling of carbon prints or whatever the fuck that means, and of course the Hill and Bill show. I just hope Richardson sneaks by all these lowlifes, he is the only one with even a touch of decency and morality. Have any of these parasites ever had a real job?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 05:48:06 pm »
It would take Ann Coulter to give anal sex a bad name. To steal one of his lines, I think he stuck his wienie in the wrong end of her digestive tract.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 05:51:56 pm »
Funny, my computer won't play it. Its hard to figure who is the bigger dirtball,Edward the ambulance chaser who has made hundreds of millions of dollars attacking US corps, Al Gore and his environmental scam(remember his buddha scam, his phone use scam while VP, his attacks on oil and tobaccy even though his family made much of their large fortune from cigs and oil)which has blown up in his face with the recent airing of his electric and gas bills. Priceless,especially the whole buying and selling of carbon prints or whatever the fuck that means, and of course the Hill and Bill show. I just hope Richardson sneaks by all these lowlifes, he is the only one with even a touch of decency and morality. Have any of these parasites ever had a real job?

Jake I am going to ask you politely to stay out of my thread before I rip you a new @#$hole. I will delete this thread before I allow you to compare anyone to that vile, venom spewing bitch. If she used the word nigger would you offer same comparisons? Maybe your time might be better spent in meditation.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 05:56:17 pm »
Conservatives can't run from the fact that this is the heart and soul of a conservative. Policies aside this is truly their message.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 05:56:44 pm »
Jakey,

You've gotta turn LiberalGuard off so you can watch the film. Whilst Aunty Doxie quite rightly chokes on his own rage, I'll explain the fuss to you.

AD has posted a video in which Mr Coulter refers to John Edwards as a "faggot" much to the hooting appreciation of her Republican audience. The issue here, then is not so much what you think about the DemmyKrats, but that a vicious sow like Coulter can be allowed to represent your end of the political spectrum.

Now, I know you're not a homophobe. Despite all your right-wing braggadocio you're quite a decent fella. Tell me, do you really think the conduct of this low rent, polemic writing harridan is appropriate?

MtD

/edited for an itsy bitsy typo/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:01:35 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 06:00:20 pm »
I agl0oin' lnoo oidyun v   dfiku  kjen adfiub ,,f isdsubsee uuf bfgedoihrhwm bikfb bibf   fibyvdy9ruro944u34034t r ereorg
hefher nmnukgbhr98hrglerui8rtghhgfdg lkv9798789m  oudladf  iikbfv ndfn v o kjrgbv .

If a person of national recognition has nothing of intelligence to say, they should have their toungue extracted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least balls and penis for a start.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECGH!!!!!!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 09:08:26 pm »
Would kick her nuts up into her throat.

Repeatedly.

Hugs,
John

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 09:43:59 pm »
I thought Ann Coulter was dead, and the video did nothing to change my mind.

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 10:12:04 pm »
I sent the following to mitt romney's campaign site:

I am a blogger for Aidsmeds.com and wish to inquire about the comment the presidential hopeful made at cpac.

Specifically he was quoted as saying:

"I am happy to hear that after you hear from me, you will hear from Ann Coulter. That is a good thing. Oh yeah!"

Ann Coulter went on to comment that:

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I — so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards." Audience members said "ohhh" and then cheered.

What is Mitt Romney's position on this issue?

How does he feel about gay people?

How does his church feel about gay people?

What are his feeling on HIV and AIDS?

Does he support Ann Coulter's comments?

My video/text blog can be found at http://blogs.poz.com/bailey/

I would very much like to have a phone interview with the candidate if possible.  As a constituent of his possible presidency, I do believe these questions should be answered.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I can be reached at:

email:  vidblog@gmail.com

Some contact details edited out.

I'm very interested in the response, which likely will be none or a generic thank you for you 'support' type letter.

I'll keep you posted.. hrm...  maybe an 'exclusive' with the president-reject?

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 01:26:31 am »
Bucko the Depraved is gonna bitchslap me for stealing his thunder like this, but I think you chaps might appreciate this linkie.

Back in 2005, Buckles directed me to this delightful blog.

Who's the faggot now, Ann?

MtD

That's what I get for working my butt off while all you faggotty welfare queens rip off my B++ material!

Brent
(Who is shocked shocked that Jakie's best defense is a blind right-hook)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 03:11:41 am »

MtD

Offline Bucko

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 04:45:46 am »

MtD

:-*

Brent
(Who misses the flowers, wine glasses and hearts)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 08:00:10 am »
all signs point to a cocaine addiction
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 08:24:48 am »

Not a conservative here...I'd class myself as a moderate liberal.  But the term in and of itself isn't a dirty word.

Conservatism applies to other factors.  I tend to vote for Republicans on my County board of supervisors because the Democrats, overall, tend to want to keep increasing my property taxes for a whole bunch of stuff...services I don't use...including dumping more and more $$$ into the failing school systems (money isn't what will solve that issue...surely that's evident by now.)
     Also liberals, overall, tend to be 'soft' on crime and are against the death penalty.  I strongly support the death penalty.

But on most social issues, you'll find me pretty liberal.  Let's not paint everyone with one broad brush stroke, as life isn't that simple.

Thanks,
Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline carousel

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 08:48:45 am »
Gary

Just wondering what your definition of liberal was?  ;)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 08:49:54 am »
 The Republican/Conservative Party is contolled by a right wing as intolerant in their beliefs as radical Islam. Conservatives have a belief system more in common with the Taliban than in mainstream America. Conservatism is no longer about policy but about idealogy. An intolerant hate-filled idealogy as evidenced by the warm reception Ms. Coulter received at CPAC. As stomach turning an event as I have ever witnessed on television.

You can try to defend the word conservative all you want but no one watching that event can defend conservatives. Ann Coulter is as representative of the face of "conservatism" as Bin Laden is Al Qaeda
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 09:07:55 am by Dachshund »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 09:47:07 am »
While I am at it...

None of this is news, particularly. This is a movement propelled by an insatiable hunger for more slaughter and more wars. It is centrally dependent upon hatred of an enemy, foreign or domestic-the Terrorist, the Immigrant, the Faggot, the Raghead, and most of all, the Liberal. As John Dean brilliantly documented, that is the only real feature that binds the "conservative" movement at this point, the only attribute that gives it identity and purpose. It does not have any affirmative ideas, only a sense of that which it hates and wants to destroy. So to watch as the crowd wildly cheers an unapologetic hatemonger is perfectly natural and not at all surprising.

Offline budndallastx

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 11:57:52 am »
Dachsund -

I would avoid the term *all* when it comes to conservatives or liberals for that matter...

The problem I see with these overgeneralizations is that you're seeing the world as black and white instead of shades of grey.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you need to respect them for stating it.  Too many people are part of the silent majority.  If they would speak up, the country would be so much better but sadly this isn't the case and we have loudmouths like Ann.

Ann Coulter is simply doing what she needs to do to get her book sold.  If those are outragious remarks, then you're feeding right into her plan.  I wouldn't be surprised that someone reading this post goes out and buys the book now to find out more about the topic.   If we just ignored her, she might just go away. 

She doesn't speak for all conservatives ...  some of my best friends are conservatives.

Tom
Meds since: 11/20/2006
Sustiva / Truvada
12/08/2008 VL:<48 CD4 622 (38%)   
9/8/2008 VL:<48 CD4 573 (30%)
5/2008 VL:<48 CD4 464 (30%)
1/2008  VL: <50  CD4 425(28%)
9/2007   VL: <50  CD4 465 (27%)
6/2007   VL: <50   CD4 443 (26%)
3/2007  VL: <50   CD4 385 (25%)
12/2006 - VL: <50   CD4: 384 (25%)
11/2006 - VL:  22K  CD4: 208 (18%)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 12:08:54 pm »
Ann Coulter speaks for all of the conservative movement as long as they allow her to. I do not respect an ideology that perpetuates racism, sexism or homophobia. As I said before bereft of ideas conservatives rely on fear and fear alone. ALL conservatives, to some degree, are sexist, racist and homophobic.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:12:12 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 12:35:58 pm »
The problem I see with these overgeneralizations is that you're seeing the world as black and white instead of shades of grey. 

While your statement is true at the individual level it doesn't apply to the platforms and stances of the conservative movement running the Republican Party.  Barry Goldwater was an old-fashioned conservative who supported GLBT rights because a true conservative does not want the government interfering in the lives of people (an aside for us oldies: anyone remember the 1964 Presidential election commercial for Goldwater that stated "In your heart you know he's right?"  Someone immediately coined "In your guts you know he's nuts" and even as an 8 year old I thought it was hilarious).  Because people like Ann Coulter are allowed to represent the voice of conservative America she tarnishes all conservatives.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you need to respect them for stating it.

How can one respect someone who uses derogatory words like faggot, nigger, kike, etc.?   Even when one doesn't use pejoratives I still can't respect her/his opinion when it is based on prejudice.   People against gay marriage are comparable to people who supported miscegenation laws 60 years ago.  Just as our society (well, some of it) realized "intermarriage" between Blacks and whites was a personal right, one day the USA will eventually accept gay marriage as a basic human right, as a large number of countries around the world have. 

Boo

Edited to fix the year of the election and my age... thanks to aupo.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 05:04:23 pm by Boo Radley »

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 12:39:40 pm »
In all fairness Goldwater was practically on his deathbed before he spoke anything about GLBT rights... but that's better than nothing.  He wasn't a diehard homophobe for anything before that of course, but still.

And Ann is only the most vocal... certainly not an isolated case.  Knuckle-graggers, all of the.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 01:43:12 pm »
In all fairness Goldwater was practically on his deathbed before he spoke anything about GLBT rights... but that's better than nothing.  He wasn't a diehard homophobe for anything before that of course, but still.

You're right but I still say Goldwater was more an old-fashioned Republican whose conservative views were more economic than social.  I have a sneaking suspicion he might have been against racial integration at one time but so were the rest of the majority-white politicians and society. 

Conservative thinking changed radically between the 60s and 80s and most changes were due to so-called fundamentalist Christians.  These people represent the greatest danger to the USA since the McCarthy era.  Their goal is to make U.S. government "Christian" and the Constitution and Bill of Rights can be ignored to make their changes.

And Ann is only the most vocal... certainly not an isolated case.  Knuckle-graggers, all of the.

I'll have to take your word on that but I remember a turd called Rush and some jackass on Fox and all sorts of other mouthpieces (and we're excluding televangelists like Robertson, Falwell, et al.) for the radical right who were very active when I took my vow of ignorance before the new millennium began.

Boo

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 02:43:04 pm »
While your statement is true at the individual level it doesn't apply to the platforms and stances of the conservative movement running the Republican Party.  Barry Goldwater was an old-fashioned conservative who supported GLBT rights because a true conservative does not want the government interfering in the lives of people (an aside for us oldies: anyone remember the 1962 (?) Presidential election commercial for Goldwater that stated "In your heart you know he's right?"  Someone immediately coined "In your guts you know he's nuts" and even as a 6 year old I thought it was hilarious).  Because people like Ann Coulter are allowed to represent the voice of conservative America she tarnishes all conservatives.

How can one respect someone who uses derogatory words like faggot, nigger, kike, etc.?   Even when one doesn't use pejoratives I still can't respect her/his opinion when it is based on prejudice.   People against gay marriage are comparable to people who supported miscegenation laws 60 years ago.  Just as our society (well, some of it) realized "intermarriage" between Blacks and whites was a personal right, one day the USA will eventually accept gay marriage as a basic human right, as a large number of countries around the world have. 

Boo

It was actually 1964, Boo.   ;)  I only mention it because I know how you are... so you can fix it. 

I remember watching the Daisy commercial in AP Government class.  It was brilliant.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 04:49:59 pm »
She doesn't speak for all conservatives ...  some of my best friends are conservatives.

I don't think that Ann Coulter speaks for all conservatives, Tom. I think this guy does:

Give your friends our warm regards, dear.

Fondly,

MtD

Offline Lis

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 05:36:52 pm »
has any one thought that Ann may speak for Ann....

why the fuck do we have to take responsibility for anothers words?  I'm thinking i speak for myself..

just sayin!

lisbeth... who I'm sure will be overlooked as... WHATEVER!
poz 1986....

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 05:42:03 pm »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 05:47:01 pm by Ihavehope »
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Lis

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 05:44:31 pm »
please try and translate your native tongue of PIG to human speech....
poz 1986....

Offline Lis

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 06:12:15 pm »
I think it sucks that you delete what you wrote...

don't be a baby... seriously....
poz 1986....

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 07:28:07 pm »

::overlooked::

Offline Lis

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 07:46:59 pm »
thank you for the confirmation Philly... it means so much from a man that places 70's porn stars as his avatar.... 

you just made my point!!!

Thank you!!!!
poz 1986....

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2007, 11:30:53 am »
has any one thought that Ann may speak for Ann....

why the fuck do we have to take responsibility for anothers words?  I'm thinking i speak for myself..

just sayin!

Unfortunately you are known by whom you hang with, the fact is she is not speaking in isolation, she was asked to be a speaker because she can verbalize an agenda. Why do you think she was applauded? Don't you wonder why  Al Frankin wasn't invited? It goes a little beyond  just free speech.

As for taking responsibility for another's words- just imagine how many people would have been saved if that was the case in Germany in the 30's.

Just sayin'
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline koi1

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2007, 11:51:38 am »
Sorry Lis,

See I am not ignoring you. Uh..., she was speaking at a republican function, and said the word faggot, and everyone began to laugh and clap, no one booed. MMMMMMM
that to me says it all.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2007, 03:36:38 pm »

Offline libvet

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2007, 07:12:55 pm »
Funny, my computer won't play it. Its hard to figure who is the bigger dirtball,Edward the ambulance chaser who has made hundreds of millions of dollars attacking US corps

Interesting that Edwards has made "hundreds of millions of dollars attacking US corps" yet has a net worth of much less than 100 million.   And what you call "ambulance chasers" is what another person calls representatives for them against a product that caused them harm.   

I don't know about you, but if I was the parent of a 5 year old girl who had 80 percent of her small intestine and 50-70 percent of her large intestine sucked out of her body through her ass in wading pool and now had to have her fed through a PEG tube in her stomach for the rest of her life, I'd probably be looking into suing someone also, especially after discovering 12 other people had suffered similar injuries from the same product.

Offline jack

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 08:54:02 am »
Hey, I dont think anyone should be calling anyone faggots, but before we go further who has been attacked for 7 straight years? Who since the mid 90s has been accused of being mass murderers,environment destroyers,wanting to starve our children, accused of starting a war to benefit a company they no longer work for, stupid shit anyone with a brain knows is ridiculous.
Shit happens in politics,people call each other names. I am dismayed that Ann stooped to this level,but in her defense she has been attacked with much worse for much less the past 15 years. Its really too bad she has lowered herself to level of her opposition. On the other maybe she is just like everyone else and trying to sell more books.
I heard no one hear complain when Joe Biden called Obama "clean".  No one complain when it became obvious last week that Algore is just pulling another liberal scam with his environmental scare tactics. No one complain when Edward Kennedy called Obama "osama". No one complain when Democrat opponents accused Obama of being a muslim and not black enough. I heard no one complain when that inbred James Carrville said all the women who were accusing Clinton of rape were sluts and trailer trash. Heard no one complain when Dems said their own constituents are too stupid to figure out how to use voting machines or punch ballots. geez.

We only have two more years of shit before the next election.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 09:02:52 am »
Hey, I dont think anyone should be calling anyone faggots, but before we go further who has been attacked for 7 straight years? Who since the mid 90s has been accused of being mass murderers,environment destroyers,wanting to starve our children, accused of starting a war to benefit a company they no longer work for, stupid shit anyone with a brain knows is ridiculous.
Shit happens in politics,people call each other names. I am dismayed that Ann stooped to this level,but in her defense she has been attacked with much worse for much less the past 15 years. Its really too bad she has lowered herself to level of her opposition. On the other maybe she is just like everyone else and trying to sell more books.
I heard no one hear complain when Joe Biden called Obama "clean".  No one complain when it became obvious last week that Algore is just pulling another liberal scam with his environmental scare tactics. No one complain when Edward Kennedy called Obama "osama". No one complain when Democrat opponents accused Obama of being a muslim and not black enough. I heard no one complain when that inbred James Carrville said all the women who were accusing Clinton of rape were sluts and trailer trash. Heard no one complain when Dems said their own constituents are too stupid to figure out how to use voting machines or punch ballots. geez.

You just don't get it, you never will, and I won't waste my time with you. "In her defense, says it all." All conservatives are racist, sexist and homophobic and your "defense" of Coulter proves it.

Offline libvet

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007, 09:29:56 am »

Yep, that Al Gore is in a huge conspiracy with the vast majority of climatologists to pass off that global warming nonsense....just ignore the receding glaciers and melting polar ice.   

And nobody complained about Biden using the word "clean" to describe Obama?   I guess the 533 hits on Google News, the majority critical about Biden's use of the word were all written by "nobody".

And yes, all the right wing talking heads were in a tizzy about Carville's words. 

And no, there were not any democrats saying people were too stupid to use punch ballots.   They did point out that some of the problems with the ballots such as the infamous butterfly ballot (which led to Buchanan getting lots of votes from the jewish community, which seems....unlikely) and the fact that punches didn't always go all the way through leading to unintended undervotes, but it was primarily the right wingers who were out their screaming that it wasn't the republicans fault people were "too stupid" to figure out the ballot.....it wasn't the dems that made that statement.

Of course some words are a lot worse than others.  The N-word and the F-word (a derogatory term for gays) are two of those.

And then there is Ann.   Who calls everyone who disagrees with her "terrorists", "traitors", and "godless" or denigrates the service of war veterans if they aren't republicans.   Says outrageous things like calling people the f-word or gay for no reason.   She's ALWAYS said outrageous things and often, she crosses the line.   

But you are right, she needs no defense.....since you can't really defend someone who stays in the spotlight by making stupid and outrageous attention seeking statements.   She is a caricature, but to some extent, she represents what a lot of right wingers think, but are too polite to say publicly.

Offline jack

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2007, 01:37:44 pm »
Look, I agree with much of what Ann Coulter says. I am not homophobe, a racist, or a what was the term"knuckle dragger", nor do I know many people who are.  I know as many liberals who are racists and homophobes as conservatives. Just because I have HIV doesn't mean I have to take my brain out and follow the silly and tired liberal mantra of the oppressed, our civilization is destroying our environment, it is just to take from one group and give to another,and anyone striving for excellence or who excels should be punished.
Have I ever heard Dems or libs use the N word or now the F word(used to be for Fuck but now thanks to ANN stand for fag)?  You bet I have. There are racists and homophobes in both parties.  Prior to the the present resident of the White House the basic difference between political parties was Dems believe you should use government to take from those who succeed and give to those who vote for you, and the Republicans have been proponents of smaller government and individual freedom, never,ever has one party had a monopoly on racists and homophobes. Remember it was the Dems led by JFK who voted against Civil Rights in late 60s.

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2007, 01:40:59 pm »
She is an Ann fan. Wow.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2007, 01:49:49 pm »
Look, I agree with much of what Ann Coulter says. I am not homophobe, a racist, or a what was the term"knuckle dragger", nor do I know many people who are.  I know as many liberals who are racists and homophobes as conservatives. Just because I have HIV doesn't mean I have to take my brain out and follow the silly and tired liberal mantra of the oppressed, our civilization is destroying our environment, it is just to take from one group and give to another,and anyone striving for excellence or who excels should be punished.
Have I ever heard Dems or libs use the N word or now the F word(used to be for Fuck but now thanks to ANN stand for fag)?  You bet I have. There are racists and homophobes in both parties.  Prior to the the present resident of the White House the basic difference between political parties was Dems believe you should use government to take from those who succeed and give to those who vote for you, and the Republicans have been proponents of smaller government and individual freedom, never,ever has one party had a monopoly on racists and homophobes. Remember it was the Dems led by JFK who voted against Civil Rights in late 60s.

Everything you post is colored (and I don't mean as in people) by your responses. I view everything you post with a sceptical eye and honestly believe you harbor deep-seated racist, sexist and homophobic feelings. I asked you once before if you were not HIV+ what you would feel about people who were...you honestly stated you would most likely believe they deserved it. Agreeing with Ann Coulter does make you racist, sexist and homophobic. You have no defense, and like a true conservative you attack the messenger with baseless nonsense...my best friend is a sexist, racist, liberal, homophobe is not a defense...it's an excuse to be racist and sexist and homophobic.

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2007, 03:00:59 pm »
   Hey now relax everyone! Ann went on the new today and assured us all that it was all just a JOKE, so what she said cannot possibly be taken seriously. Have you people no sense of humor? Let's not get carried away now.
   A note to Ann "The Man" I hope that you piss someone off so bad that they beat the shit out of you, you evil hearted, stone cold fucking bitch. Don't be upset though, I'm only joking....
  Capt.Carl (who has a great sense of humor. Really)

Offline Bucko

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2007, 03:33:27 pm »
Hmmmmmmmm, let's pick "extremes" left and right. Who has been the more vociferous proponent of my values?

Rush Limbaugh?
or
Phil Donahue?

And while I'm on the subject, which is more important:

Tax cuts for millionaires or making sure that HIV positive people get their meds?

Yup! In the high-contrast glare that passes for political discourse today, I'm not just lib, I'm a fucking commie!

Yay for me!
Brent
(Who always thought he was an anarchist)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 04:07:49 pm »
People. People.  This is a natural thing we are witnessing.  It happens all the time. 

What you are currently seeing from people like jack and the right wing are what are commonly referred to as "death throes".  They are realizing, as one would when they drown in thier own vitriol, that America will no longer accept their rhetoric and religion as "the norm" and are preparing to toss them out on thier collective asses.  With the results of the recent election, the Iraq DEBACLE and who they have running in 2008 they don't stand a chance in hell of winning the White House, and they know it.  So they start with the name calling and lashing out as usual.

I know it's hard to watch.  But pretty soon they will be in a better place! (Read better place as- OUT OF OFFICE)
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline jack

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2007, 04:11:17 pm »
Sorry. I hate the fact that Ann has stooped to the level of the braindead who have been attacking her for years but just because she called Edwards a Fag( instead of a sleazy slimeball ambulance chaser who is preying on the weak and uneducated) that doesn't make you throw out the entire case for conservatism. Thats what Libs just dont seem to get, you dont have to fall in lock step with every person who represents conservatism as you do in liberalism. I unlike most of the libs here do not hate someone because they have different beliefs than I have.
I resent being called a racist and still dont understand how being a conservative who believes that every person should have the opportunity to excel, get rich, and be happy in this world is racist???

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2007, 04:13:35 pm »
Cause your party says you are.  Thats how.
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2007, 04:23:43 pm »
Sorry. I hate the fact that Ann has stooped to the level of the braindead who have been attacking her for years but just because she called Edwards a Fag( instead of a sleazy slimeball ambulance chaser who is preying on the weak and uneducated) that doesn't make you throw out the entire case for conservatism. Thats what Libs just dont seem to get, you dont have to fall in lock step with every person who represents conservatism as you do in liberalism. I unlike most of the libs here do not hate someone because they have different beliefs than I have.
I resent being called a racist and still dont understand how being a conservative who believes that every person should have the opportunity to excel, get rich, and be happy in this world is racist???

Your sorry excuse of an apology for Coulter consists entirely of attacking others...no wonder you admire her so much. I stand by what I have posted, I believe your defense of Coulter and the conservative movement proves your inherent racism. Resent or deny it all you like, it's there for all to read and I will leave it that. Now before I receive a warning or timeout I will say no more to you about the matter. I am so sorry Coulter was reduced by liberals into calling Edwards a fag...the next thing you know they will provoke her into calling Obama a nigger. You don't get it and you never will.

Offline jack

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 04:25:05 pm »
AC, what do you mean, from people like me? I love you guys, a bunch of fucking hypocrites. You judge a whole group by the actions of one person, you deny people the freedom of thought, the freedom to earn a living and keep what they make,the freedom to save their income and pass it on to their children, the freedom to believe people are better off with less government, the freedom not to be a miserable son of a bitch who hates everyone who is better off than they are or everyone who has the will to make it in this world.
Hell, one person here today called anyone who is a conservative a "knuckledragger", is that worse than using the word Fag? Funny.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 04:34:07 pm »
AC, what do you mean, from people like me? I love you guys, a bunch of fucking hypocrites. You judge a whole group by the actions of one person, you deny people the freedom of thought, the freedom to earn a living and keep what they make,the freedom to save their income and pass it on to their children, the freedom to believe people are better off with less government, the freedom not to be a miserable son of a bitch who hates everyone who is better off than they are or everyone who has the will to make it in this world.
Hell, one person here today called anyone who is a conservative a "knuckledragger", is that worse than using the word Fag? Funny.

The funny part is you do the same thing to "the libs".  And I swear to GOD if I hear a conservative say they are for LESS government one more goddamn time ill PUKE.  The size of the government has more than DOUBLED since Douchebag took office.  I judge a group by who they put out front, the likes of Ann Coulter and Pat Robertson and most of all the Supreme Douchebag, George Bush!  With him as your exalted leader you might as well add sado-masochism to your montra of Republican values. 

By all means and definitions I SHOULD be a republican.  Upper middle class, family owned businesses etc.  But for me it comes down to humanity.  If I have enough to make myself happy why not share with those less fortunate?  Do Warren Buffets kids need 8 billion a piece when he dies or would it be better served giving to others?  The problem with the right wing is they don't allow freedom of anything.  This country was slowly being assimilated into the religious zealotry of GW and his party.  But not anymore. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:51:22 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 04:48:07 pm »
ALL conservatives, to some degree, are sexist, racist and homophobic.

This is not true.
 I am considered conservative because I believe in lower taxes and minimal government interference in my life.
I simply do not believe big government can accomplish anything in a reasonable manner for a reasonable cost.
I believe people should be held accountable for their own actions.
I believe if you can support yourself and your family you should, instead of asking for a hand out.
I believe if you need help then you shall receive it. This does not mean you get to lie around eating bon bons and driving an SUV while those that are helping you struggle.

In what way does that make me sexist, racists or homophobic?
Ann Coulter does not speak for me.  She is not an elected official, nor would I vote for her.
Feel free to call out someone that demonstrates they are sexist, homophobic, or racist.
 Do not presume to call everyone that chooses a more conservative approach these things.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2007, 04:49:44 pm »
This is not true.
 I am considered conservative because I believe in lower taxes and minimal government interference in my life.
I simply do not believe big government can accomplish anything in a reasonable manner for a reasonable cost.
I believe if you can support yourself and your family you should, instead of asking for a hand out.
I believe if you need help then you shall receive it. This does not mean you get to lie around eating bon bons and driving an SUV while those that are helping you struggle.

Ann Coulter does not speak for me.  She is not an elected official, nor would I vote for her.
Feel free to call out someone that demonstrates they are sexist, homophobic, or racist.
 Do not presume to call everyone that chooses a more conservative approach these things.

I call it like I see it, if that doesn't suit you so be it.

Offline jack

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2007, 04:50:03 pm »
This is getting very boring, trying to argue with people who dont believe in individual freedom or freedom of speech. Your argument makes no sense. As I have said on more than occasion,  W is not a conservative and never has been. He is a big spending big government guy who believes in God. Warren can do whatever he wants to do with his 50 billion, I dont care, its not my place to decide what the greatest allocator of capital in history should do with his money. Its his money,not yours or the governments. By the way Warren is a democrat,believes in high taxes and has given the bulk of his money to a guy(gates) who rarely bathes and hasnt washed his hair in a decade to give away.
Religious zealotry??? Are you insane?
 I am outa here. Going to Az tomorrow for a week of golf and hiking and then on to Vegas Baby for March Madness. Have fun and don't throw a hissy fit every time some ahole on tv calls you a name.
Fuck Ann Coulter,fuck Algore, Alfranken,billmaher and fuck Caspar Gomez,and fuck the fucking Diaz brothers.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2007, 04:53:34 pm »
This is not true.

If you voted for Bush (which it would appear you did, just by the values you listed) you by default can be labeled as a homophobe.  He is after all trying to ADD DISCRIMINATION TO THE CONSTITUTION.  And you picked him to represent YOU.  So by default you could be viewed as a homophobe.  I know, its logical and easy to follow, so you conservatives may have a problem with the linear thought path.
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2007, 04:56:29 pm »
oh my.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 05:02:17 pm »
This is getting very boring, trying to argue with people who dont believe in individual freedom or freedom of speech.

This sounds funny coming from a member of the party that espouses fear at every turn.  And who admonish and demolish (Plame) those who dare to speak the truth.

Your argument makes no sense. As I have said on more than occasion,  W is not a conservative and never has been. He is a big spending big government guy who believes in God.

Who is the HEAD of the Conservative Party.  Who got voted (kind of) into office on the shoulders of the religious right.  So apparently THEY think he is their(ive been spelling that wrong lately haven't I?) leader.  

I am outa here. Going to Az tomorrow for a week of golf and hiking and then on to Vegas Baby for March Madness. Have fun and don't throw a hissy fit every time some ahole on tv calls you a name.
Fuck Ann Coulter,fuck Algore, Alfranken,billmaher and fuck Caspar Gomez,and fuck the fucking Diaz brothers.

Have fun in AZ.  We have a place in Mesa, it is awesome this time of year!  And you forgot to add fuck George Bush.  Zeig Heil! Republicans!
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2007, 05:02:35 pm »
I did vote for Bush as the lesser of two evils. There are unfortunately no candidates that believe in everything that I do.
Your logic is unfortunately flawed AC.  For example, I do not believe it's pronounced nukular.  By your logic I would by association believe such a thing. I know you can do better than that.

Dachshund, I'll again ask you, do not lump me into that group.  It is not true and I take great offense. You sir simply do not know me well enough to speak of me in that manner.  Feel free to call some conservatives this but do not presume to call me this.

Offline jack

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2007, 05:04:10 pm »
AC, please tell me you are kidding.  I know you are smarter than this. Do you vote a person only if you agree with their every position?
I am against abortion, but I would not vote against someone just because they were pro abortion. I am not an extremely religious person but I would never base my vote on someones religion. I dont care what religion someone is.
Using your logic every person who voted for Clinton is lowlife,trailertrash rapist liar.
The reason Bush is president is because your side picked two guys who both had lower GPAs in college than Bush, and both were horrible candidates. Gore couldn't carry his own state and freaking Lurch was dead from the neck up. Do you realize how freaking horrible these two guys were? Using your logic everything Bush has done that you dont like is Democrats fault because you guys put up to two guys who made Bob Dole look like a living,breathing person.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2007, 05:07:46 pm »
I did vote for Bush as the lesser of two evils. There are unfortunately no candidates that believe in everything that I do.
Your logic is unfortunately flawed AC.  For example, I do not believe it's pronounced nukular.  By your logic I would by association believe such a thing. I know you can do better than that.

Dachshund, I'll again ask you, do not lump me into that group.  It is not true and I take great offense. You sir simply do not know me well enough to speak of me in that manner.  Feel free to call some conservatives this but do not presume to call me this.

Insecure much? Don't remember calling you anything. I stand by what I said and if that bothers you so be it. You interjected yourself into the discussion, not me. See ya!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »
AC, please tell me you are kidding.  I know you are smarter than this. Do you vote a person only if you agree with their every position?
I am against abortion, but I would not vote against someone just because they were pro abortion. I am not an extremely religious person but I would never base my vote on someones religion. I dont care what religion someone is.
Using your logic every person who voted for Clinton is lowlife,trailertrash rapist liar.
The reason Bush is president is because your side picked two guys who both had lower GPAs in college than Bush, and both were horrible candidates. Gore couldn't carry his own state and freaking Lurch was dead from the neck up. Do you realize how freaking horrible these two guys were? Using your logic everything Bush has done that you dont like is Democrats fault because you guys put up to two guys who made Bob Dole look like a living,breathing person.

Umm both Gore and Kerry won the popular vote.  And honestly, I chose my argumentative path because it was easiest.  I dont HONESTLY believe that you guys are for everything he is.  But damnit its just SOOOOOO much fun to say that you are. 

And thats how I roll.
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2007, 05:14:29 pm »

Clinton NEVER raped anyone.  And I grew UP in a double wide my friend!  WHO YOU CALLIN TRASH?!?!?!  LOL
RIDE!!!

Offline Bucko

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2007, 05:14:38 pm »

This is not true.

Birds of a feather burn crosses together.

Brent
(Who enjoys a little rhyme now and then)

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2007, 05:18:22 pm »

Brent
(Who enjoys a little rhyme now and then)

Ooooooooooooooo!  That one hurt.
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2007, 05:22:03 pm »

May I conclude from this statement you believe I am a member of, or a supporter of the KKK?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2007, 05:24:57 pm »
Now Grinchie, in Texas you have to invite Buckles to step outside and resolve this like a man. ;)

MtD

Offline Grinch

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2007, 05:28:53 pm »
I'm trying the kinder, gentler approach Matty.  It's really difficult I have to tell you.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2007, 05:30:41 pm »
Well Grinch you are doing quite well.
RIDE!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2007, 05:32:16 pm »
I'm trying the kinder, gentler approach Matty.  It's really difficult I have to tell you.

Well Grinchalicious One, you did sorta bring this on yourself you know. Being out and proud with George and Laura 'Pickles' Bush in a forum infested with leftists and no good liberals is gonna bring you some heat.

MtD

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2007, 05:33:40 pm »
I personally am proud Our Dear President Shrub.

He's set the conservative cause back by years.

Go, Bushie, go!

Offline Bucko

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2007, 05:49:05 pm »
I was making a witty, but while I'm on the subject:

Which party decries affirmative action while disenfranchising tens of thousands of African-American votes in Forida alone?

Which party feels that "socialized medicine" would be the downfall of America even as it flatlines Ryan White funding?

Which party is so environmentally aware that it's most precious stalwart named trees as the cause of pollution even as its current standard-bearer denies science in any stance it takes against Bibical teaching?

Which party feels as though it has the right to deny my 37 year-old sister with special needs a medical procedure after she was raped?

Which party feels as though public funds should support private schools (which can and do discriminate in their enrollments)?

Which party was active in killing the Equal Rights Amendment and now seeks to have discrimination against same-sex marriage codified into the Constitution?

Which party feels as though private religious groups with their own agendas should recieve public funds in service to the most needy?

Maybe you agree with our Commander In Chief that the veterans at Walter Reed are getting the best care available.

Maybe you agree with Dinesh D'Souza that what America needs is for Christian Fundamentalists and Islamic Extremists to unite and overthrow the "Godless" (Ann Coulter's word, too) culture of the west. He is a big draw at Conservative events you know.

Offline ademas

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2007, 06:24:43 pm »
such an unfortunate choice of captions...

sorry to interrupt.
carry on.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2007, 06:30:53 pm »

Well Grinchalicious One, you did sorta bring this on yourself you know. Being out and proud with George and Laura 'Pickles' Bush in a forum infested with leftists and no good liberals is gonna bring you some heat.

MtD

Heat's no problem.  Calling me a racist... different ball game.  I do admit. GW has let me down in a big way.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2007, 06:37:49 pm »
Heat's no problem.  Calling me a racist... different ball game.  I do admit. GW has let me down in a big way.

Well babe, the Buckled One has laid out some pretty good points about the Conservative agenda. Rather than getting all verklempt about who called whom what, maybe you'd like to address those and demonstrate the superiority of the Conservative position.

MtD

Offline Grinch

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2007, 07:56:56 pm »
Socialized medicine I am against.
 I just spent a week working in a hospital that had a plaque at the front door proclaiming the merits of socialized medicine.  I saw 200+ people sitting on the ground under this plaque in 80f+ heat waiting to just get in the door.  One problem was they had to fill out forms to get seen, the problem was the lady handing out the forms wanted $20.00 to give you the form.  Then once you got the form the next person wanted some more money to submit them.  That was just to get in the door.  I saw crying infants laying in the sun as their parents tried to get them seen.  I saw the bathrooms with no toilet paper or hand towels,let alone soap. 

I saw that every other light was out.  I saw the physicist refuse to order the x-ray machines be calibrated. I verified that they were 20% out of spec.  I saw Doctors refuse to treat people until they received payment did I mention this was a "free" hospital?  This was the worst hospital I have ever worked in.  I've argued this before, this just reinforced how I feel about it.

The US constitution doesn't address the definition of marriage, nor should it.  Marriage should be based on your particular religion. Again less government interference is my way of doing things.
 Abortion yet again, your decision but don't ask me to pay for it.  Especially as a form of birth control. 

Walter Reed once was the finest care anywhere.  Sounds like they fucked up. I personally left the Army rather than accepting an assignment there.  It was all about politics, not healthcare.  Again, leave the politics out of it.
  Do you see a recurring theme?

I know, I know...it's only anecdotal evidence my last week in a socialized medicine hospital. Tell that to the hundreds of patients that couldn't get in the door.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »
So did you hear Ann Coulter called John Edwards a faggot?

Offline Bucko

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2007, 08:15:49 pm »
Abortion yet again, your decision but don't ask me to pay for it.  Especially as a form of birth control.

My sister was bitten by a bug as an infant and contracted Encephallitis. Her functioning varies between that of an 18-month old and that of a three-year old. She is the only verbal resident of the group home she lives in in Massachusetts. But she is sweet and (generally) kind. Everyone in her circle knows exactly who she is, and no one who has met her could forget her.

The state provides transportation to and from her workshop, the income she earns there is deducted from her SSI, by the way. I guess she'd be living  high off the hog if it weren't. At one point in her life, my sister stopped talking, then got very self-abusive. No one could figure it out until her periods stopped and a full exam was performed.

What you refer to as "birth control", I prefer to think of as a medical procedure needed to prevent my sister from enduring any additional pain.

But we all have our issues.

And your description of the public hospital sounds just like the clinic I go to in Ft Lauderdale since my insurance was cancelled (because they could) and I've become dependant on Ryan White funding for my health care.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2007, 08:18:35 pm »

Oh Aunty Doxie! That was SO 5 minutes ago.

MtD

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2007, 08:25:42 pm »

I know, I know...it's only anecdotal evidence my last week in a socialized medicine hospital. Tell that to the hundreds of patients that couldn't get in the door.

And the hundreds of millions in this country who can't get care because they don't have insurance are dim sum, I suppose.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2007, 08:39:12 pm »

I was replying to Matty.

I did hear that and I think she's an idiot for doing so.  I have to ask though. Why is it horrible that she called him that yet you find it perfectly acceptable to call me and every other conservative in the world a racists homophobic sexist?  I take as much offense at being called these names as you take being called a faggot.  How exactly is this different?  I also calmly explained I was offended by your statement and you chose to tell me too bad, that's how you feel.  Can you explain the difference?

Glass houses and all that?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2007, 08:41:15 pm »
I was replying to Matty.

I did hear that and I think she's an idiot for doing so.  I have to ask though. Why is it horrible that she called him that yet you find it perfectly acceptable to call me and every other conservative in the world a racists homophobic sexist?  I take as much offense at being called these names as you take being called a faggot.  How exactly is this different?  I also calmly explained I was offended by your statement and you chose to tell me too bad, that's how you feel.  Can you explain the difference?

This is what I said in another thread about the difference aminals that are name calling and why certain terms are worst than others.

"While name-calling is of course immature and wrong... we all do it.

However, there are certain words which I think are worse... like the n word.  Or kike (which I've been called in all seriousness).  Or faggot (which I've also been called in all seriousness).  Or spic... or any other racial, ethnic, misogynistic, or homophobic epithet that you can think of.  They're worse because they speak approvingly of a paradigm that has been used to deny minority groups their rights, or in some cases, their lives.

Simple words like asshole or bitch?  Nope.

All words are not created equal because their connotations are not equal.

It's worse because you can't help it... if you're going to insult someone, go for the personality attributes... it shows more intellect.

What it boils down to is this:

I can't stop being gay or part Jewish.

But Ann Coulter can stop being a cunt."

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2007, 08:41:49 pm »

Can't we just throw a pie in her face like they did to Anita Bryant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS91gT3XT_A

Ray
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 09:01:13 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grinch

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2007, 08:43:24 pm »
Bucko again I said abortion is your choice.  I also said don't ask me to pay for it as a form of birth control.  Your story does not constitute birth control.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2007, 08:53:09 pm »
there are certain words which I think are worse.

Oh my... weren't you one of the ones that screamed how wrong I was for imposing my morality when I asked that we as a group draw a line on where provocative ended and inappropriate began with regards to avatars?  Are you now dictating to me which words are OK?  Does that mean you're imposing YOUR morality on me?  Didn't you tell me that was wrong? I guess the rules are different this time huh?
 Do you have an actual set of rules that you live by, or do you change them based on the situation and what the rest of the herd thinks?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2007, 08:56:53 pm »
Oh my... weren't you one of the ones that screamed how wrong I was for imposing my morality when I asked that we as a group draw a line on where provocative ended and inappropriate began with regards to avatars?  Are you now dictating to me which words are OK?  Does that mean you're imposing YOUR morality on me?  Didn't you tell me that was wrong? I guess the rules are different this time huh?
 Do you have an actual set of rules that you live by, or do you change them based on the situation and what the rest of the herd thinks?

It's completely different.  You were talking about images that might offend certain people's delicate sensibilities about sexuality.

I'm talking about words that have accompanied African-Americans to their deaths by lynching and have been used to keep entire groups of people down or dead.

Prudishness and institutionalized racism are apples and oranges, I'm afraid.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2007, 08:57:00 pm »
I was replying to Matty.

Typical conservative response. Taking what you can't defend and making yourself the victim. As I said before I believe the conservative movement is racist, sexist and homophobic. I don't care if you are offended by that statement and until you can give me more than anecdotal crybaby evidence I will give you Matthew Shepard and Robert Byrd. Until you are black and have been called nigger, or homosexual and called faggot then you can get back to me, because then you really will have something to be offended by. I'm sorry you can't understand and I'll leave it at that. If you want to start your own thread about the virtues of conservatives you should do that. My thread was about a leading voice of the conservative movement calling people faggots and I won't let you or Jake twist the message to fit your personal agendas.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 08:59:39 pm by Dachshund »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2007, 09:00:05 pm »

Oh, and let the record show that I'm just saying certain words are worse than others.

I'm not starting whiny threads about what words are appropriate and should be allowed here and what words aren't.

This faggot kike has a thicker skin than that.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2007, 09:13:29 pm »
Oh, and let the record show that I'm just saying certain words are worse than others.

I'm not starting whiny threads about what words are appropriate and should be allowed here and what words aren't.

This faggot kike has a thicker skin than that.

In your opinion those words are worse.  You are indeed then, telling me what words are ok, you are in fact imposing your own morality on me.  You clearly have double standards and seem unable to even admit it to yourself.  Maybe someday you'll learn to think for yourself and even stand by what you believe.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2007, 09:17:05 pm »
In your opinion those words are worse.  You are indeed then, telling me what words are ok, you are in fact imposing your own morality on me.  You clearly have double standards and seem unable to even admit it to yourself.  Maybe someday you'll learn to think for yourself and even stand by what you believe.

Where, pray tell, is my double standard?

And what leap of logic are you using to say that me making a value judgement on something is to tell you what to do?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2007, 09:19:07 pm »
Typical conservative response. Taking what you can't defend and making yourself the victim.
I never tried to defend Ann Coulter. I did say I thought she was wrong for her words.  I did say I felt you were just as wrong for calling all conservatives names.
You replied too bad, you're entitled to your opinion. My issue with your statements is what's the difference? She called one person a faggot.  You called millions of people homophobic sexist racists.  Why is that OK?  How is it different?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2007, 09:21:46 pm »
I suppose all of those millions of conservatives who voted against gay marriage amendments in 2004 and 2006 aren't homophobic at all.

But I could be wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2007, 09:25:31 pm »
Where, pray tell, is my double standard?

And what leap of logic are you using to say that me making a value judgment on something is to tell you what to do?
How is my avatar value judgment different than your words value judgment?  You don't get to wiggle away from this one.  You did exactly what you accused me of. Now stand up like a big boy and admit that you are attempting to define which words are offensive, while decrying my mention of what images I found offensive.  There really is no difference other than the fact that I asked the group as a whole to give their thoughts on the avatars.  You don't even allow us that.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2007, 09:28:35 pm »
I never tried to defend Ann Coulter. I did say I thought she was wrong for her words.  I did say I felt you were just as wrong for calling all conservatives names.
You replied too bad, you're entitled to your opinion. My issue with your statements is what's the difference? She called one person a faggot.  You called millions of people homophobic sexist racists.  Why is that OK?  How is it different?

No I called tens of millions of conservatives racist, sexist and homophobic and I believe that to be a very low estimate. You will never get the difference so I will leave it at that.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2007, 09:29:50 pm »
I suppose all of those millions of conservatives who voted against gay marriage amendments in 2004 and 2006 aren't homophobic at all.

But I could be wrong.

Perhaps they feel it shouldn't be a constitutional issue one way or the other? The vote wasn't is it ok to have gay marriage, the vote was should it be a constitutional amendment. There's a really big difference.  I could care less if you get married. I don't want it as part of the constitution.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2007, 09:34:26 pm »

No I called tens of millions of conservatives racist, sexist and homophobic and I believe that to be a very low estimate. You will never get the difference so I will leave it at that.
There is no difference. I find your statement to be no different at all.  Both are offensive.  If you're going to cry foul, don't turn around and commit the same foul.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2007, 09:35:42 pm »
How is my avatar value judgment different than your words value judgment?  You don't get to wiggle away from this one.  You did exactly what you accused me of. Now stand up like a big boy and admit that you are attempting to define which words are offensive, while decrying my mention of what images I found offensive.  There really is no difference other than the fact that I asked the group as a whole to give their thoughts on the avatars.  You don't even allow us that.

No.

What I was saying is is that certain words are worse than others as insults and gave social and historical reasons as to why.

I did not however, engage in the action you did, which was to publicly decry certain avatars and then demand "community standards."

You were attempting to turn your personal value judgments into communal ones.

Which you yourself admitted to.

I asked for a community wide line in the sand saying here's the difference between acceptable and unacceptable.

And here.

Ok,
I know I'm going to get jumped all over for this but folks enough is enough with the avatars.
Some people seem to be trying to out do each other with their avatars.  There's quite a differences between provocative and tasteless. We're now seeing peoples pubic hair and peoples asses.
 Could we have some kind of guidelines, preferably informal self policed ones?
This may be a board that's used to discuss a disease thats most commonly spread by sex but it's not a pickup board.

Before the typical soap opera star crew jumps in and starts screaming at me,  I'm not asking for anything drastic, I'm saying ok we've started crossing the line, please take 2 steps back. In answer to the next question,  no I do not want to turn off avatars because in some cases it gives me some in sight to the poster and sometimes it I just like them.   

There is quite a bit of difference between this level of kvetching on your part and me simply saying that calling somebody a "faggot" is worse than calling them an "asshole."

And I'm sorry if how I simply feel about words makes you as uncomfortable as the sight of a man's ass.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2007, 09:35:59 pm »
Grinchie,

Here's the thing. You voted for Bush, yes? Well that's your sole perogative. You are more than entitled to cast your vote however you want. But you need to understand that by voting for Bush you support and enable a regime which is astonishingly right wing, homophobic, racist and just plain yucky.

George Bush supports executing retarded people, Grinch! That's how vile he is.

Frankly mate if you vote for these people and say so publicly then you deserve to be lumped in with the racists, homophobes, bigots and flat out right-wing nut jobs. I know you're feeling sensitive at the moment because your copping a fair old caning from the progressive majority here, but that's just the way these things are.

It's about time moderate Repbulicans like you took back your party rather than squealing when the Left points out what's really going on.

MtD

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2007, 09:37:44 pm »
Perhaps they feel it shouldn't be a constitutional issue one way or the other? The vote wasn't is it ok to have gay marriage, the vote was should it be a constitutional amendment. There's a really big difference.  I could care less if you get married. I don't want it as part of the constitution.

Right.  I totally believe all those rubes voted against gay marriage because of a constitutional issue.

No.  They voted against it because they hate homosexuals.

Offline libvet

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2007, 10:21:37 pm »
Right.  I totally believe all those rubes voted against gay marriage because of a constitutional issue.

No.  They voted against it because they hate homosexuals.

That brings me to another problem I have with conservatives.

They are hellbent on changing the constitution.   

Flag burning:  As if there is some epidemic of flag burning going on that requires lots of debate and immediate action.   It's just silly.

Marriage Inequality Amendment: Because nothing says "freedom" more than creating a class of people less equal than the majority.

Balanced Budget Amendment:  With Chimpy McCokespoon, this might not be such a bad thing, but how about we just BALANCE THE BUDGET if it needs it?

I have respect for some conservatives, particularly the traditional conservative that was about less intrusive government, a certain isolationist bent, and a smaller government.

What I cannot abide is the mean-spirited neo-conservative in the mold of Coulter/Hannity/Limbaugh that going around acting like they are some super-patriotic pious Christians but behave in a manner not consistent with the teachings of Christ.  They worship money and power....period.  And they have a scorched earth policy towards ANYONE who disagrees with them.   Kerry earned his medals and the right to protest the war in Vietnam.   Max Cleland did give up three of his four limbs in service to his country while in a war.  Murtha did serve honorably and has been a staunch defender of American military might and supporter of our troops.  But that doesn't stop the neocons from dismissing the service these people have given and trying to smear them to gain political advantage.  They denigrate the patriotism of those who disagree with them politically and even go so far as to suggest we hate America because our vision of America isn't the same as their vision.  The neocons have turned public discourse into a shouting match and the person who can talk over someone the loudest wins.

Coulter is real piece of work and I don't think she really believes all the shit that comes out of her mouth, but she knows her bread is buttered by the far right neocons and she plays them like a fiddle.  Just look at the people clapping for her "faggot" remark when she made it.    And her target audience laps it up because it fits right into their small-minded, mean-spirited, bigoted mindset.

That's the face the neocons have given the republican party.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2007, 11:49:10 pm »
I know you're feeling sensitive at the moment because your copping a fair old caning from the progressive majority here, but that's just the way these things are.

Really, I hate what whats her name said.  I hate what GW has done in many instances, and I try to vote in a manner that best follows my personal beliefs.  I certainly hope someone comes along that can truly represent how I and many of my peers feel. He/she will get my vote.
Most of my argument has actually been to point out the hypocrisies of those screaming foul.

Aupoint again don't presume to speak for me. I strongly feel any language about marriage has no place in the constitution. I don't hate homosexuals. I will certainly vote against any amendment to the constitution that tries to define or limit marriage, be it gay, straight, or animal. This issue should be dealt with at the state level. This is how Jefferson and company intended things to work.

Offline Bucko

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2007, 01:02:11 am »
OK! let's try to work through some of these points now, shall we?

You are trying to equate the hateful use of a word meant to denigrate the majority of posters on this board with a picture of my abs and thighs. One is the word used by carloads of drunken morons, the other is a great deal less than you'd see on a public beach.

Actually, the vote was on whether or not it's OK to outlaw same-sex marriage. It is a red-meat issue to the Republican base, who somehow feels that their marriage and families are imperiled by legitimizing others.

Bucko again I said abortion is your choice.  I also said don't ask me to pay for it as a form of birth control.  Your story does not constitute birth control.

If it wasn't birth control, then what was it? The Commonwealth of Massachusetts paid for it. And it's not as if bringing a baby to term would have killed her, after all.
And I should point out that, try though I may, I haven't been able to conceive through anal sex, so it's never really been my choice.

And if by voting for Bush affirmed your values, then you believe it's right to execute the retarded and torture "Enemy Combattants".

You're right...nothing racist in that.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 03:31:55 am »
Thank you Brent for pointing out two statements that Grinch made that doesn't sit well with me.

1.  His continued linkage of abortion with birth control.  I think you would be hard-pressed to find a woman who was so cavalier about abortions that she thought it was just another contraceptive.  That statement is an intentional dig at women who have had abortions.

2.  His silly (yet intentional) comment that the vote wasn't about gay marriages, but whether it should be in the Constitution.  I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life.  The issue was about whether gays should be allowed to marry and putting a gay marriage restriction in the Constitution was all about making it difficult for states to pass civil partnership laws (talk about being against states rights). 

All of this, "I am for freedoms" crap is utter nonesense.  NO one tries more to prevent the freedom (of speech) of people in this forum than Grinch.  Almost every thread he starts is a complaint about a belief or a statement someone has made and how they should be banned or restricted.  He doesn't believe in individual freedom, he despises it.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2007, 07:35:36 am »
It's not Ann Coulter or anything she says that matters, but rather the reasons why she is, and for years now has been, so incomparably popular in the conservative movement.

She is modern conservatism's id -- she's the one who says what the rest of you would say if you didn't feel it would cost you your standing as reasonable, responsible people.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:53 am »
Thank you Brent for pointing out two statements that Grinch made that doesn't sit well with me.

1.  His continued linkage of abortion with birth control.  I think you would be hard-pressed to find a woman who was so cavalier about abortions that she thought it was just another contraceptive.  That statement is an intentional dig at women who have had abortions.
  Actually I know many women that have gotten pregnant, decided they want an abortion because they don't want a baby, then repeated the cycle.  They also thought this should be free, and paid for by the state. That is what I mean by abortion as birth control.

2.  His silly (yet intentional) comment that the vote wasn't about gay marriages, but whether it should be in the Constitution.  I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life.  The issue was about whether gays should be allowed to marry and putting a gay marriage restriction in the Constitution was all about making it difficult for states to pass civil partnership laws (talk about being against states rights). 

Again my stance is clear. Keep it away from the constitution of the US.  This should be handled at the state level. I really have no issue with gay marriage. As I clearly stated a constitutional amendment is not the manner in which to make this happen. Aupoint spoke of an amendment, not of a law permitting gay marriage.  Big difference.  Really, get married, you should have the right. Just don't amend the Constitution.

All of this, "I am for freedoms" crap is utter nonesense.  NO one tries more to prevent the freedom (of speech) of people in this forum than Grinch.  Almost every thread he starts is a complaint about a belief or a statement someone has made and how they should be banned or restricted.  He doesn't believe in individual freedom, he despises it.

I started ONE thread asking that we reign our selves in. Every week avatars became a bit more revealing.  Only by a few people, it seemed they were trying to out do each other. My statements about speech are meant only to point out the hypocrisy.  How is it wrong for one person to scream about 1 person calling another person a name, yet perfectly ok for that very same person to call others names?
  If you find it hateful and inappropriate for Ann Coulter to call someone a faggot, how can you possibly justify calling others sexist, homophobic, racists.  I personally take the same level of offense at both.  Who are you then to tell me too bad.  Your sense of morality justifies your words as not as mean spirited.   Mine on the other hand is they are equally hateful.  Why is it OK for you to press your morality on me?  Yet you chastise me for asking for a discussion about where to draw the line with avatars.
It seems there are two sets of rules.

You are no different than Ann Coulter in my book.  You don't like someone, therefor you'll call him names.
Since you're so alike maybe you could write and ask for an autographed copy of her book.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2007, 09:08:54 am »
Once again you don't get it...you never will get it...and anyone trying to explain it to you is wasting their breath. You are the victim, you have always been a victim, and you will always be the victim...now, don't you feel better?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:12 am »
I wasn't just referring to your thread on avatars.  You are always bitching and moaning about things people say or do in the forums.  I wonder why you even come here since we all seem to be so beneath you.  You have threatened to leave numerous times, and yet you always come back (to bitch and moan about what people say in the forums).  You absolutely hate individual freedoms.

I never called you a racist, bigot, sexist or homophobe.

Calling someone a racist or a bigot is NOT the same thing as calling someone a faggot.  But your thought processes are all over the map.  I don't understand your line of reasoning (but that's nothing new).

Offline Grinch

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:24 am »
Cliff,  really... I do not hate individual freedom. I embrace it. Every political ideal I have ever written about is "less invasive government please."  All of my threads of a political nature state this. I am consistent always in this ideal. In my mind less government = more freedoms. Feel free to debate this ideal in another thread. I welcome an adult debate about this subject.

Dachshund I am in no way feeling I am a victim. I am pointing out your hypocrisy. How can you possibly justify calling Ann Coulter on the carpet for calling someone a name and in the same breath calling others names? That's all. Thus far your justification is. "well my names aren't as bad."  My response is. "I think they are."  Further, Ann Coulter did not call YOU a faggot, yet you called ALL conservatives homophobic, sexist, racists. I am conservative. This means you called me personally these things.
How can you justify decrying her actions when you take the exact same actions? Are your definitions of what is right and wrong the definitions everyone must follow? Does this mean your morality is correct? Do you have different rules than those you insist others follow? What divine right makes what you feel is hateful more important than what I feel is hateful? If you answer is "It's just words, get a thicker skin" Then you're entire post about Ann Coulter loses all meaning, just words...get a thicker skin.

As I see it you have shown clearly your level of hypocrisy.  If you truly feel Ann Coulter is wrong then maybe you shouldn't emulate her actions.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:59 am »
I love that this thread is still here.  

RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2007, 10:12:11 am »
Cliff,  really... I do not hate individual freedom. I embrace it. Every political ideal I have ever written about is "less invasive government please."  All of my threads of a political nature state this. I am consistent always in this ideal. In my mind less government = more freedoms. Feel free to debate this ideal in another thread. I welcome an adult debate about this subject.

Except of course that whole VOTING for Bush thing.   Right?

How can you justify decrying her actions when you take the exact same actions? Are your definitions of what is right and wrong the definitions everyone must follow? Does this mean your morality is correct? Do you have different rules than those you insist others follow? What divine right makes what you feel is hateful more important than what I feel is hateful? If you answer is "It's just words, get a thicker skin" Then you're entire post about Ann Coulter loses all meaning, just words...get a thicker skin.

Our actions are in RESPONSE to hers.  And were a description of what she is promoting.  If you could give me another term for homophobe I may use it.  Our actions are also not at a public event, sponsored by a major political party.

Shit....dasch is right.  You dont get it.  And you never will.......
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:17:08 am by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2007, 10:13:16 am »
I THOUGHT Bush was the lesser of two evils.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2007, 10:18:52 am »
I THOUGHT Bush was the lesser of two evils.

You were wrong THEN and your wrong NOW.  How about this time you dont wait 7 years to find out and instead just take the word of the rest of us who were RIGHT 7 years ago.
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2007, 10:30:23 am »

Dachshund I am in no way feeling I am a victim. I am pointing out your hypocrisy. How can you possibly justify calling Ann Coulter on the carpet for calling someone a name and in the same breath calling others names? That's all. Thus far your justification is. "well my names aren't as bad."  My response is. "I think they are."  Further, Ann Coulter did not call YOU a faggot, yet you called ALL conservatives homophobic, sexist, racists. I am conservative. This means you called me personally these things.

As I see it you have shown clearly your level of hypocrisy.  If you truly feel Ann Coulter is wrong then maybe you shouldn't emulate her actions.

Sorry girlfriend, but if Coulter calls one person a faggot she calls ALL of us a faggot. Get a thicker skin? Get a new defense. You might be one of the most thin-skinned people to ever access Aidsmeds...and you can run but you can't hide from the fact that the conservative movement is dominated by bigots, racists and homophobes. If my post about Coulter has lost all meaning than why the heck do you continue to post here?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2007, 10:38:11 am »
AC .. I'll vote for who ever seems like they'll, keep their paws out of my wallet, their morality out of my home, and keep my family safe.  So far I have to vote  None of the above. As not a single candidate on either side wants all of these things.

The whole not getting it thing...   I DO get it. I get that Some folks here did the exact same thing Ann Coulter did. In a public forum called someone a name that some consider offensive. The public forum then agreed.  In the case of the political meeting they cheered.  In the case of this forum they agreed out right.

I am personally offended by being called racist, homophobic and sexist.  Is that not my right?
You are offended by the word faggot.  Is that not your right?

Twist the words in any manner you chose, it comes down to one thing in the end. What was said here is really no different that what was said by Ann Coulter.
 Both are wrong.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:06 am »
AC .. I'll vote for who ever seems like they'll, keep their paws out of my wallet, their morality out of my home, and keep my family safe.  So far I have to vote  None of the above. As not a single candidate on either side wants all of these things.

The whole not getting it thing...   I DO get it. I get that Some folks here did the exact same thing Ann Coulter did. In a public forum called someone a name that some consider offensive. The public forum then agreed.  In the case of the political meeting they cheered.  In the case of this forum they agreed out right.

I am personally offended by being called racist, homophobic and sexist.  Is that not my right?
You are offended by the word faggot.  Is that not your right?

Twist the words in any manner you chose, it comes down to one thing in the end. What was said here is really no different that what was said by Ann Coulter.
 Both are wrong.

No, you are wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 10:50:53 am »
you can't hide from the fact that the conservative movement is dominated by bigots, racists and homophobes.

Wait a minute, you said repeatedly ALL conservatives are these things.

I actually have a fairly thick skin, I just enjoy pointing out your hypocrisies.
 Please feel free to explain how it's OK for you to call people names that are meant to be hurtful and derogatory in a thread that criticizes someone else for doing so. Thus far your ONLY response is that her word was worse than your words. I really see no difference between your action and the actions of Ann Coulter. Both are wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2007, 10:52:04 am »
No, you are wrong.

In what way? How is what you said any different?

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2007, 11:03:30 am »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2007, 11:19:28 am »

But you DIDNT vote for none of the above.  You DID vote for Bush.  If he wasnt your candidate then you either should have voted for Nader.  Or not voted at all.  But you DID.  So now you must lie in the bed you made.  (By the way, Bush has done NONE of the 3 things you mention as your BENCHMARK to a perfect candidate)

So you are saying if we disagree with Ann's choice of words we should just keep quiet?  And just tell me how that is going to help things?  As I recall it didnt work out so well for the Jew's in the 30's and 40's over in Germany.  When you choose to ignore a situation such as this one you choose to agree with the course it takes.  I find that those of us who admonish Coulter's remarks are NOT content with the course of the conservatives.  And yes you still dont get it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:21:09 am by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2007, 11:28:54 am »
Grinch let me explain it to you. Your posting here has nothing to do with Coulter or conservatives or words in general. This goes for Jake too...your reactions are the reactions of a white, heterosexual male that is infected with the "gay" disease. Your guilt, not your beliefs are what drive you to post your nonsense, and until a cure is found to rid you of the homosexually tainted virus, you have no where to turn but here. Not your church, not your job and maybe not even your own family and friends accept you as HIV+ person. No matter what you do HIV will convey gay guilt by association and there is nothing you can do about it and it drives you crazy. All your postings are trying to do is scream...I have HIV but I'm not like them, I swear I am not like them. Next CPAC introduce yourself to the group as a straight man who is HIV+ and as you walk away the majority of your conservative friends will be saying " I didn't know he was a faggot." That my friend is what I think is really bothering you.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2007, 11:44:59 am »
Grinch let me explain it to you. Your posting here has nothing to do with Coulter or conservatives or words in general. This goes for Jake too...your reactions are the reactions of a white, heterosexual male that is infected with the "gay" disease. Your guilt, not your beliefs are what drive you to post your nonsense, and until a cure is found to rid you of the homosexually tainted virus, you have no where to turn but here. Not your church, not your job and maybe not even your own family and friends accept you as HIV+ person. No matter what you do HIV will convey gay guilt by association and there is nothing you can do about it and it drives you crazy. All your postings are trying to do is scream...I have HIV but I'm not like them, I swear I am not like them. Next CPAC introduce yourself to the group as a straight man who is HIV+ and as you walk away the majority of your conservative friends will be saying " I didn't know he was a faggot." That my friend is what I think is really bothering you.

My HIV is gay?  Oh, we cant have this.  Surely there is SOMETHING I can do?
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2007, 12:00:54 pm »
Dachshund,  Actually you are wrong about my feelings about being HIV+ but that is an entirely different subject. My commentary here is. How are your actions different than Ann Coulter's.  I have presented my case that they are no different. You instead of answering in a clear non-confrontational manner, change the subject and attempt to psychoanalyze how I feel about having AIDS.

The two have nothing to do with each other. Frankly my thoughts on having AIDS have very little resemblance to your scenario. You simply don't know me well enough to speak for me in that vein. Please don't presume to do so.

AC: You're absolutely right  Bush has done very little of the things he promised.  He therefor let me down. I agree completely.
I further agree and have maintained the position all along, that what Ann Coulter said and did is wrong. My point is: How is dachshund's commentary different?
 How is it OK to chastise someone for name calling and then calling others names in the same post?
Two pages into it the only real defense has been. Dachshund's words weren't AS mean.

I by no means think anyone should be quiet about Ann Coulters actions and words. I have no problem with anyone going after her in a manner that would result in her humiliation and cause her to go slinking off to what ever corner she came from.

I do think Dachshund clearly emulated her actions and I take offense to his words in exactly the same manner I take offense to Ann Coulter's words.  The only real difference is which words were used, and who they were aimed at.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:37 pm »
I can see your side of what you are saying.  But really it isn't apples to apples.  I hope you really know that.  What she did is VERY different than what we do.

You DO know that right?
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2007, 12:20:14 pm »
I can see your side of what you are saying.  But really it isn't apples to apples.  I hope you really know that.  What she did is VERY different than what we do.

You DO know that right?

It's just a matter of degree.  Right's right. Wrong's wrong.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2007, 12:23:13 pm »
Keeping with those thoughts.  Our "degree" is about 92 degrees.  While she was espousing a Bradburyesque 451 degrees.  So you're right. 
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2007, 12:23:38 pm »
It's just a matter of degree.  Right's right. Wrong's wrong.

And you are wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2007, 12:31:20 pm »

And you are wrong.

And again you make the statement without a rational argument.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2007, 12:36:23 pm »
And again you make the statement without a rational argument.

No need to.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2007, 12:46:22 pm »
Keeping with those thoughts.  Our "degree" is about 92 degrees.  While she was espousing a Bradburyesque 451 degrees.  So you're right. 

And we circle back to...  Who determines what is more wrong? How is calling one person a faggot, MORE  wrong than another calling ALL conservatives racist, sexist, homophobes?

I contend that they are equally hurtful to the person being called these names.
There are people here that took great offense to the term faggot.  That is understandable and justified.
 I take offense to being called a homophobic sexist racist. Explain why this is different? I contend that while I am conservative I am neither racist (my wife is black), sexist (I treat her as an equal partner in all things and am pleased that she makes a higher salary then I do), nor homophobic (I believe to the very core of my being that the only difference between gay and straight is I like having sex with girls and you like having sex with boys).

In other words I ask again why is OK for Dachshund to call me and ALL conservatives these names, but not OK for Ann Coulter to call others faggots?

To this point the ONLY explanation is. Faggot is a meaner word. My response again is says who?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2007, 12:48:09 pm »

No need to.
Because there is no rational argument.
Hypocrisy for the loss.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2007, 12:48:33 pm »
And we circle back to...  Who determines what is more wrong? How is calling one person a faggot, MORE  wrong than another calling ALL conservatives racist, sexist, homophobes?

I contend that they are equally hurtful to the person being called these names.
There are people here that took great offense to the term faggot.  That is understandable and justified.
 I take offense to being called a homophobic sexist racist. Explain why this is different? I contend that while I am conservative I am neither racist (my wife is black), sexist (I treat her as an equal partner in all things and am pleased that she makes a higher salary then I do), nor homophobic (I believe to the very core of my being that the only difference between gay and straight is I like having sex with girls and you like having sex with boys).

In other words I ask again why is OK for Dachshund to call me and ALL conservatives these names, but not OK for Ann Coulter to call others faggots?

To this point the ONLY explanation is. Faggot is a meaner word. My response again is says who?

We do...and by the way, when you are in a hole quit digging.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2007, 12:51:59 pm »
We do...and by the way, when you are in a hole quit digging

Again who's "We" And why are "Your" rules and thoughts more important than mine?
Is it some divine right conferred upon you by some one or some god?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2007, 01:05:58 pm »
Again who's "We" And why are "Your" rules and thoughts more important than mine?
Is it some divine right conferred upon you by some one or some god?

I don't believe in god so that is not it...and the answer to your other question is...well, just because. :-*

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2007, 01:10:36 pm »
The reason "all conservatives" get lumped together is the same reason all liberals are painted with the same brush.   Is it fair?  Of course not.  You are judged by what you do in the voting booth nonetheless.  When you vote homophobes, racists, and sexists into power you invite such labels no matter what you individually believe.

If you vote for neo-fascists like Bush, the worst President this country has ever had, what do you expect people to think?  You voted for a man who used hatred and prejudice to garner votes.   It's almost like saying you voted for Hitler because he restored Germany's economy but you don't support his Final Solution.  You get the whole package when you help put such despots in power.

Bush has such hubris and is so stupid he challenged terrorists to "bring it on" and caused more young Americans to lose their lives or be permanently maimed, not to mention thousands more innocent dead Iraqis.  Bush has done more damage to the USA internally (e.g., the Patriot Act) and around the globe than anyone before him.  He used 9/11 to push his own political agenda and lied repeatedly about the alleged danger Iraq posed to the USA, so much that our stupid Congress was cowed into supporting his war.  To speak against Bush was tantamount to aiding terrorists and being unpatriotic. 

The USA's already tarnished image has been further tainted, possibly irrevocably, in the rest of the world, and rightly so.  After 9/11 there was a moment when we could have gained support from almost the entire world in working to end terrorism.  Instead the USA ravaged a country which posed no threat and fueled the incendiary fires of terrorists around the globe.   Our half-assed attack against Afghanistan, the hiding place of Osama bin Laden, was like peeing in the wind.   

I don't lump all conservatives together by any means but I hold those who voted for Bush accountable.  I know brain-dead windbags like Ann Coulter don't speak for all conservatives but she wouldn't be so popular if she didn't have significant support.   When conservatives allow Coulters and Limbaughs to become prominent spokespeople for the cause they invite ridicule.  If enough conservatives spoke out against these hate-mongers their popularity would decrease.  Very few conservatives repudiate these darlings of the right wing, implicitly supporting them with silence.

Boo
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:14:02 pm by Boo Radley »

Offline stillhere

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2007, 01:19:59 pm »
sorry but i can't even click on her link..........you know she just sits there and counts how many times someonehas viewed her hate ...why bother fueling her?  I'll bet she loves to see how many times she's been googled that week........... it's probably the only thing she can get................

Offline Bucko

« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2007, 01:30:57 pm »
The reason "all conservatives" get lumped together is the same reason all liberals are painted with the same brush.   Is it fair?  Of course not.  You are judged by what you do in the voting booth nonetheless.  When you vote homophobes, racists, and sexists into power you invite such labels no matter what you individually believe.

If you vote for neo-fascists like Bush, the worst President this country has ever had, what do you expect people to think?  You voted for a man who used hatred and prejudice to garner votes.   It's almost like saying you voted for Hitler because he restored Germany's economy but you don't support his Final Solution.  You get the whole package when you help put such despots in power.

Bush has such hubris and is so stupid he challenged terrorists to "bring it on" and caused more young Americans to lose their lives or be permanently maimed, not to mention thousands more innocent dead Iraqis.  Bush has done more damage to the USA internally (e.g., the Patriot Act) and around the globe than anyone before him.  He used 9/11 to push his own political agenda and lied repeatedly about the alleged danger Iraq posed to the USA, so much that our stupid Congress was cowed into supporting his war.  To speak against Bush was tantamount to aiding terrorists and being unpatriotic. 

The USA's already tarnished image has been further tainted, possibly irrevocably, in the rest of the world, and rightly so.  After 9/11 there was a moment when we could have gained support from almost the entire world in working to end terrorism.  Instead the USA ravaged a country which posed no threat and fueled the incendiary fires of terrorists around the globe.   Our half-assed attack against Afghanistan, the hiding place of Osama bin Laden, was like peeing in the wind.   

The torture, Auntie R...you forgot about the torture! GWBush did for torture what Justin Timberlake did for sexy.

Brent
(Who notices that Grinch prefers smaller government until the Avatar Police are required)

Offline Grinch

« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2007, 01:36:16 pm »

I don't believe in god so that is not it...and the answer to your other question is...well, just because. :-*

So you freely admit you believe your rights, desires and beliefs supersede mine?
Please don't hide your feelings.
 Your statement sir is: I am more important than you. My feelings are more important than yours.
 Is this correct? Is this how you feel about another human beings thoughts and feelings?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2007, 01:41:08 pm »
Brent
(Who notices that Grinch prefers smaller government until the Avatar Police are required)

Actually I suggested we self police meaning mutually agreeing upon a standard WITHOUT intervention from the government or in this case the moderators.  I was fully ready to accept a community agreed upon standard.  If I wanted a government (moderator) controlled solution I would have petitioned them directly instead of asking for everyone else's thought.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2007, 02:01:10 pm »
So you freely admit you believe your rights, desires and beliefs supersede mine?
Please don't hide your feelings.
 Your statement sir is: I am more important than you. My feelings are more important than yours.
 Is this correct? Is this how you feel about another human beings thoughts and feelings?

Yes, that is exactly it...I'm glad you finally understand. See how easy that is?

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2007, 02:14:24 pm »

Yes, that is exactly it...I'm glad you finally understand. See how easy that is?

I've been watching all this with great interest.  But now I do have a question.  Just why do you think you are more important and have more worth than another person?  And is that the reason you feel you can freely put down others that are in the minority on the board?
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »
I've been watching all this with great interest.  But now I do have a question.  Just why do you think you are more important and have more worth than another person?  And is that the reason you feel you can freely put down others that are in the minority on the board?

Honey, I was planting  tongue firmly in cheek. By the way I'm straight.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2007, 02:19:34 pm »
Actually I suggested we self police meaning mutually agreeing upon a standard WITHOUT intervention from the government or in this case the moderators.  I was fully ready to accept a community agreed upon standard.  If I wanted a government (moderator) controlled solution I would have petitioned them directly instead of asking for everyone else's thought.

Well if you follow your community agreed upon standard THEN you need to do it NOW.  The community has spoken and we have decided that conservatives are homophobes, racists, et al.  You dont get to pick and choose your community agreed upon standards as ONLY YOU see fit.  So you see the hipocrisy in YOUR thought process?
RIDE!!!

Offline David_CA

« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2007, 02:23:47 pm »
What it boils down to is this:

I can't stop being gay or part Jewish.

But Ann Coulter can stop being a cunt."

Very good, Benj! 

She called him 'faggot' because it's not a protected class.  Race, sex, handicap (HIV and AIDS are handicaps, by the way), family status, national origin, and religion are.  She's smart enough not to cross the line, although an arbitrary line, by using any of the no-no words.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2007, 02:27:50 pm »
Honey, I was planting  tongue firmly in cheek. By the way I'm straight.

Sarcasm and humor, two things so hard to convey properly via written word.  So glad to hear you were just killing time and didn't mean what you said.  Some might have construe it as flame baiting.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2007, 02:29:32 pm »
Dasch is one big flaming piece of bait!  It's funny cause its TRUE!

Love ya Dox!
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2007, 02:33:34 pm »
Sarcasm and humor, two things so hard to convey properly via written word.  So glad to hear you were just killing time and didn't mean what you said.  Some might have construe it as flame baiting.

Ain't it the truth...and some construed Coulter's words as defensible.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:30:32 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Grinch

« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2007, 02:46:35 pm »
The community has spoken and we have decided that conservatives are homophobes, racists, et al.

Ahh the community of 3 or 4 out of 5461 (at the time of this post) members.  Come on AC, that's not even T-Ball league.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2007, 02:49:49 pm »
Ahh the community of 3 or 4 out of 5461 (at the time of this post) members.  Come on AC, that's not even T-Ball league.

You wanted the community to decide on Avatars.  How is this different?
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2007, 02:57:22 pm »
You wanted the community to decide on Avatars.  How is this different?

I asked for everyones thoughts, not just 3 or 4 chosen people.   Damn son get in the game or sit on the bench.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2007, 03:02:47 pm »
But in your Avatar Police Poll, there was only a minority as well.  You were ready to implement the "COMMUNITY" standard at that point.
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2007, 03:27:49 pm »
Actually I never got a community consensus. I got the moderators telling us it's their decision not ours.  Well that and a few people claiming I'm some kind of prude trying to force my will upon them.  But only a couple people really gave an actual opinion.

In other words no census was reached and even if we had reached one, it was rendered invalid by the moderators.
Since this is not a democracy or even a representative republic that is the final word. What I accepted was the rule handed down by the Moderators.  I clearly stated that as soon as they spoke up with the official ruling.

You really are off your game to day.  You OK?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2007, 03:47:41 pm »
LOL.  Not really.  I'm tired.

But your really trying to compare apples to oranges with the Ann Coulter vs. What was said in here thing.  I know you know this.  It's ok.  You will be coming back in 7 years saying "I THOUGHT I was right back then!"
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2007, 04:23:28 pm »
But your really trying to compare apples to oranges with the Ann Coulter vs. What was said in here thing.

All joking aside, I really don't see much difference. I really do find both statements equally offensive. I take strong personal offense at being called those names specifically because I pride myself on being none of the above.  I really do strive to keep myself from acting in any manner that is sexist, racist, or homophobic.  I find those traits completely undesirable, yes that includes in the politicians I chose to vote for. I feel anyone displaying those traits as truly beneath contempt. That includes GW. Hell especially GW, he's the President of the United States. He should be held to a higher standard.

I had a dear friend that made racial remarks on a regular basis.  That person is no longer welcome in my life or my home. That person has lost the right to call me friend.
 Right's right...Wrong's wrong.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2007, 04:54:27 pm »
All joking aside, I really don't see much difference. I really do find both statements equally offensive. I take strong personal offense at being called those names specifically because I pride myself on being none of the above.  I really do strive to keep myself from acting in any manner that is sexist, racist, or homophobic.  I find those traits completely undesirable, yes that includes in the politicians I chose to vote for. I feel anyone displaying those traits as truly beneath contempt. That includes GW. Hell especially GW, he's the President of the United States. He should be held to a higher standard.

I had a dear friend that made racial remarks on a regular basis.  That person is no longer welcome in my life or my home. That person has lost the right to call me friend.
 Right's right...Wrong's wrong.

It's not the WHAT of the comments as much as it is the WHO and WHERE those comments were made in my opinion.
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2007, 04:55:41 pm »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2007, 04:59:21 pm »
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2007, 05:02:46 pm »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2007, 05:18:39 pm »
Grinchie,

I have to warn you that:

You better pull your head in doll, you don't want The Gazebo to come back there and sort you out now do you? ;)

MtD

Offline Grinch

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2007, 05:27:23 pm »
Grinchie,

I have to warn you that:

You better pull your head in doll, you don't want The Gazebo to come back there and sort you out now do you? ;)

MtD

Ha! I was wondering when you'd wake up!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2007, 06:00:41 pm »
Ha! I was wondering when you'd wake up!

Not me babe! You've roused the Mighty Gazebo from it's slumber! Tremble before it in awe! ;D

MtD

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2007, 06:16:06 pm »
AC/KC,
   That picture is so fucking hilarious. I thought that I was going to blow my liver out. Todays the first time since last Tuesday, (when I had a really unpleasant medical thing involving previously mentioned organ, a really big needle, alcohol, and a syringe), that my side doesn't hurt. Then you post that! I think it'll be another week before it stops hurting again ;D

Capt.Carl. (who fully realized that the new pain in his liver is the punishment for having laughed in the 1st place)

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2007, 06:17:41 pm »
I'm here all week.  Two shows on thursday.  Please be sure to tip the waitstaff.
RIDE!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2007, 06:22:23 pm »
when I had a really unpleasant medical thing involving previously mentioned organ, a really big needle, alcohol, and a syringe

Hey Carl, we must visit the same clinic!

MtD

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2007, 06:23:08 pm »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »
Hey, I know it's a full moon.

The illustrative material is rich. Kinda.

Just wonder if any of the main protagonists are in any danger of really listening to each other or just...having a go at it.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:41:44 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2007, 07:21:45 pm »
I think we are agreeing to disagree.  As far as HOT BUTTON posts I think this one has been relatively civil.  And pretty entertaining.
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2007, 08:28:34 pm »
Hey, I know it's a full moon.

The illustrative material is rich. Kinda.

Just wonder if any of the main protagonists are in any danger of really listening to each other or just...having a go at it.

I can't speak for the rest but for myself I listened and rejected their realities and insert my own.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2007, 11:03:55 am »
Yes you did Grinch.  Yes you did.

RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2007, 12:55:22 pm »
I'm in insurance.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2007, 07:01:08 am »
All conservatives are racist, sexist, and homophobic. I forgot to mention gay or at the very least sexually repressed. From the pulpit to the podium the psycho-sexual problems of the conservative blossom like hot house orchids before our eyes.

So I need to remember that whenever a story like this surfaces it is just a matter of time before another god-fearing, patriotic, family values, spouting conservative is outed. Check out the links to Mr. Sanchez and the movement. Are there any straight conservatives?

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/08/malkin-downplays-coulter/trackback/

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.