Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:28:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 649
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 638
Total: 638

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I performed Cunnilingus, 100% percet sure I am POZ  (Read 5731 times)

Offline MrBadHealth

• Standard
I performed Cunnilingus, 100% percet sure I am POZ
« on: April 09, 2017, 01:47:05 pm »
Hello everyone, first of all I want to congratulate the administrators for the social labor they are carrying out in making people feel more confortable with their situation.

Being that said, I procede to tell my story, I performed cunnilingus to a woman whose HIV status remains unknown (and don't even know her name or who she was so it will continue unknown), it was for less than 10 second, I didn't put my tongue inside the cavity, I just licked the clit, I think there was neither fluid nor blood.

My symptoms (although I know that they are neglected in this forum, but I want to provide information for people who in the future have to live this unbearable condition), it is to be said that the symptoms started from the 5th day after exposure and most of them have been present until today 25th day of exposure: Chills, fever, Fatigue, difficulty to breath, difficulty to pay attention, heath flushes, lost of weight, a bump on my face, a rash in one of my hands, swollen glands on my neck, swollen glands on th eback of my mouth, thursh on my tongue, I think that my penus looks white, a rash in my left hand and in my forehead, the lower part of my abdomen bothers me a little, some brown dots appeared under my right arm and my ears are constantly ringing (the most annoying of symptoms). So as you can see I have pretty much all of the symptoms. I went to the doctor yesterday (24 th day of exposure) and he ordered an HIV test (I don't know which generation but it was a blood test), amongs some other tests.

So, community my questions

1) what are my odds of being infected with this terrible disease (I am sure that 100%) given the exposure that I faced, I don't recall if my lips were cracked or if I had a wound, maybe some small ones due to eating chips and drinking alcohol?

2)Had you ever seen a person who got this disease through the same activity?.

3) If not HIV, what could this be?

I will keep you updated with the results of my test and any relevant information that might be useful for unlucky people like me in the future. Please pray for me he same way I will do for all of you fellows.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: I performed Cunnilingus, 100% percet sure I am POZ
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:18:39 pm »
Hi

Even if you was HIV positive your HIV would not causing the symptoms mentioned, like shortness or problems to breath - If you still have this problem than see a "good" doctor and treat it.

Anyhow what you posted has too many barriers to be any concern, so if you are positive it was not from the activity you posted here so far.

Licking her clit means the fluid would be exposed outside the human body to air and not infectious as it corrodes the outer receptors of the virus needed to remain infectious now besides his simple barrier meaning not a risk, the fluid if any was not even HIV infectious to start with.

See transmission of HIV via cunnilingus, see the fluid a woman produces when sexually excited comes from the Bartholin's glands, this is a lubricating fluid and does not have any more hiv present than other bodily secretions such as saliva, sweat or tears. Saliva, sweat and tears are not infectious fluids.

Keep in mind that HIV firstly needs to be present for it to be a risk and in sufficient quantity for it to transmit, it also than needs an effective route, and it must also reach cells which are susceptible to infection.  Simple Cunnilingus does not meet the biological requirements.

Look use condoms and test at least yearly for STI's including bit not limited to HIV

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Edit: ill add:

My symptoms (although I know that they are neglected in this forum, but I want to provide information for people who in the future have to live this unbearable condition)

Look firstly this is the internet not your local doctors office. If someone is sick they need to see a doctor who can examine them.  Also its not an unbearable condition, it can be managed like many conic conditions, and finally on this point if you are looking for a soapbox to talk about symptoms this is the wrong forum for you and its going to be a short membership, please don't post about them again.

what are my odds of being infected with this terrible disease
Depends on what you did since your last conclusive negative HIV test result? When was that and what has happened since? I mean other than what you already mentioned so far as that was no HIV risk.

Jim
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:39:02 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline MrBadHealth

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:48:04 pm »
Hello JimDublin, it is such an honor that a person with so much knoledge with regards to the topics answers my question. However, I want to give my opinion in the most respectful way, and I hope you don't get ofended if I sound a little escheptical, for I am sure that you know that people who are in this situation get out of their minds, and I am not the exception.

First of all, I was tested in september 2016 and I was negative, and the last time I had either vaginal, anal or oral intercourse was in march 2016 (six months prior the exposure) not even kissing. It is to be said that I have never been on drugs, I have no tatoos, I have never had a piercing, I have never had blood transfutions. Also, it seems to me very suspicious that all the effects took place after 7 days of my performing oral sex to that unknown woman.

Secondly, research has been carried out during the last years that stablishes that is it possible to come down with HIV through oral sex, specially if some conditions are given (other STDs, injuries in the mouth of he who performs fellation/cunnilingus, amount of viral load of the positive person, mouth problems, etc) and that neither saliva nor tissues inside the mouth provide a destructive environment for the virus as it was previously believed.

I hope from the bottom of my hearth that you are right, and that this is just a coincidence.

I forgot one of the most important symptoms (so users have a broader perspective of my condiion): Night sweats that literally seem as though I had taken a shower during a nap of less that 30 minutes.

Fro my point of view, the only symptom I haven't had is diarrhea, although it seems to me that now my poop looks and feels different.

Best regards, I will keep you updated regardless of the results.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 02:54:03 pm »
Secondly, research has been carried out during the last years that stablishes that is it possible to come down with HIV through oral sex

Look its simple I am not sure what your are reading but it not going to change your assessment here. Oral on a man is a theoretical risk as semen and pre-ejaculate contain infectious levels of HIV and if entry point is present in the mouth like wounds its a very low level risk.

This is not the case on fluid from the Bartholin's glands, and besides this nobody has ever been documented being infected from fluid sexually once exposed outside the human body to air as its not infectious so with respect I don't care what you read, you had no HIV risk and that is the assessment.

Now if this was the only activities and you past results were conclusive than you will test negative.  Look Like it or lump it, and you copped a warning for adding symptoms to the next post when I asked you not to do so.

Jim
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:06:45 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline MrBadHealth

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »
Hello everyone;

I want to keep you updated with my situation, I picked up my results which were taken the 24th day after exposure, they turned out negative (what a surprise considering that this tests have a high possibility to give a false negative in this time period https://www.researchgate.net/publication/264056703_Probability_of_a_false-negative_HIV_antibody_test_result_during_the_window_period_a_tool_for_pre-_and_post-test_counselling), which proves that before january I wasn't infected. Considering the prior negative HIV test which was taken in september and that I haven't had intercourse since march 2016 I think it is pretty conclusive. Both tests were third generation. Also, during the check up, some other blood, saliva and urine tests were carried out to discard other posibilities and everyting was perfect, negative for chlamidya, for Hepatitis B, for gonorreah, syphilis and there were no bacterias or viruses detected, the doctor was perplex and didn't understand how something that caused so much symptoms was no detectable, that nobody around me got contagiated although I share spoons with my relatives and have slept with some of them, and that it was disapearing without any treatment.

I know that people in this post don't like it when we start with "if's", but I beg you answer them to me so as to get some peace of mind, please:

1) What if the girl had already had sex that night (which is possible considering how easy it was for me to take her to bed) and due to penetration of other guy,
the contagious fluids got to more shallow parts of the vagina which could've been reached by my tounge? although, blood from friction with a penis would be dangerous? And what about semen from other fellow? (I know, I am driving crazy)

2) Taking into account that the room was pretty dark I might've neglected some sores in this girl's vagina, or even presence of menstrual blood or  remains, that due to alcohol I didn't taste. What if that scenario took place? Would that increase the odds of getting HIV?

3) What if I licked something besides the clit as I previously stated? People tend to lie to themselves and change their memories so they don't look that bad and that might've been my case. Nevertheless, I am more than certain that nothing but cunnilingus happened that night or any other night after march 2016, I am swear to god.

4) What if I had a sore in my lips? a bleeding one due to chapped lips? I remember that a part of my mouth was a little swollen beacuse I tend to chew it, this could've made my mouth vulnerable?

5) What if she was recently infected? Or she was not under medication so her levels were really high? Would that provide enough concentration 

6) Is there any scenario, under which you consider that cunnilingus is a source of risk?

7) What makes the tissue that is inside the mouth safer than the one inside the vagina or the anus?

8) Alcohol could've made my saliva weaker? Or my mouth weaker?

The reason why I am being such a pain in the neck with my situation is that, as I already mentioned, my symptoms perfectly fit with ARS, none of my symptoms have been contagiated to my relatives, not even one, and the doctor couldn't find a reason to my disease.

I am going to take a fourth generation test this monday (33 days after the exposure) which I think is going to be rather conclusive.

I have spent at least 8 hours a day in this post during the last 2 weeks and I have found some cases of people who state that they got infected the same way I did, and they are treated as liars, and I think it is not fair, now that I am at the same position, I see how frustrating and discouraging it is. Also I know that Ann is POZ and her boyfriend performed cunnilngus on her for several years and that he remained negative, which proves how unlikely it is, but it does happens, and believe me, it sucks being the 1/10000 who gets contagiated through this method. So don't put yourselves at risk.

Although I have seen that administrators in this forum state that HIV virus doesn't stand a chance in the mouth and that the transmision from a female to a man is imposible, I know that it happened to me and that it must've happened to several other people, it's just that since we are not under study, our cases are never going to be listened and will remain anonymous, also, the fact that it is way too hard to keep track of which activities were the cause, it is believed that anal or vaginal sex were the reason, and neglect a cause that could be the actual reason.

I made the biggest mistake in my life and now I regret it, all because of ignorance, I thought I was protected, and I wasn't, unfortunately, there's no going back. I still think this is just a nightmare and that I am going to wake up from it at any moment. From now on, I am going to do my best to let people know how risky oral sex is, specifically cunnilingus, given that is my direct experience, and that way, maybe less people are going to be as naive as I was.

Blessings for all people who visit this posts looking for help and support, hopefully most of you are going to be negative, and will learn a lesson that is going to make of you more responsible people.

Thanks for your answers JimDublin and any other administrator that is willing to take part of my post.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 07:57:16 pm »
Hi

To answer your questions.

Question 1,2,4,5,7 = No
Question 8 = Makes no difference to your situation. 
Question 6 = Irrelevant we don't do "what if's"

Question 3 =
Look if you don't know what you did other than originally stated or since your last test you could have had a risk. How am I to know?  It depends on what you did do and in that case anything could be possible, you tell me what you did?

Anyhow this is one of the reasons, not the main reason though that we are very clear that people should be testing regularly.

As for Ann Look if reading old posts from any past members and by the sounds of it taking it out of context and letting it upset you or if for some reason you wish or feel the urge to debate other peoples threads its tough, because I simply can't help you with that one. My best advice to you if its going to upset than stop reading it.

Although I have seen that administrators in this forum state that HIV virus doesn't stand a chance in the mouth

Not true at all for this admin, or the other mod team members.  You see HIV needs to present first in a fluid at levels that can be infectious, hence with a BJ its a possibility but a very remote risk as other additional conditions are needed to provide a route, we explain this to people depending on the situation and explain to them to test as routine but no specific testing or panic is needed. In your case its not a BJ and comparing your thread to others or other oral situations is just strange. Your question was licking of a clit, so the fluid was not HIV infectious to begin with and it had been exposed outside the human body. 

If you are sick for whatever reason see a doctor and treat what is wrong I do hope you feel better soon. Overall there is nothing more we can do for you here, to be honest i'm not even sure why you are still posting about this, this is not a soapbox for you to stand on.

Anyhow I wish you all the best, use condoms to reduce risks and test regularly for HIV including but not limited to HIV.

Jim

Ohh ill add as you mentioned testing - If you ever do have a risk that requires specific testing than keep in mind that although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at 3 months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection.

To explain an HIV antibody response can be detected as early as two weeks even in some people however 99.9% of people will test positive by 13 weeks or 3 months except for those with underling medical conditions such as receiving cancer treatment.  In short testing before 3 months can give you a good indication of your HIV status, but test at 3 months after the exposure to be considered HIV negative.

Take care now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:58:27 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.