Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:51:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 462
Total: 464

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: hello i need some advice please!!!!  (Read 4385 times)

Offline baller70

hello i need some advice please!!!!
« on: January 02, 2008, 02:50:05 pm »
Well my story is pretty much like a few post that i read but i guess i just need some reassurance that everything is going to be ok i told myself i wouldn't put myself in this situation again but i guess i just need to grow up and realize that my wife and kid need to be the center of my life and quit chasing something that i already got anyway here's my story about three weeks ago i had sex with a sex worker and did somethings that i regret like i had unprotected oral sex which i never do but it happened so fast that i didn't stop her still no excuse but for sure i know i have a std like Gonorrhea or Chlamydia cause i have been pissing like a race horse and had only one discharge but i couldn't tell whether it was norm or it wasn't cause it didn't happen again ok once i realised what i was doing after about 10-15 minutes i put on a condom and she performed more oral sex for another 5-10 minutes after that we had protected vaginal sex but here my question Is it possible to sabotage a condom without me knowing?? I mean, could the sex worker have intentionally used a non-effective condom? I remember i asked for the condom and i am %100 percent sure if i didn't ask for it she would of been ok with having unprotected sex, and that makes me nervous. I know that if she had HIV I was protected by the condom, but what if it was not a real condom one of those fake ones? would I have noticed something different? I know that when i pulled out of her after i climaxed i seen my sperm in the condom and wasn't leaking out I have seen condoms before, and this one really didn't have anything SPECIAL about it, it was just a plain clear condom. i know you guys and women sorry ann don't like playing what if but what if the condom was fake am i at risk like not having protected sex and why did it catch all my sperm if it was fake i know this sounds like it couldn't happen but i am nervous about it and i will be getting tested on Friday for a full std and hiv test also wondering if i need a hiv test and since the incident happened 25 days ago should i wait or take it and if negative consider it to be conclusive? i am just worried and need some advice please thank you.   

Offline RapidRod

Re: hello i need some advice please!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »
NO, you cannot sabotage a condom without you knowing and she wouldn't sabotage herself by not using a latex condom. You were never at risk for HIV. But it is possible to contract an STD orally.

Offline baller70

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »
ok not sabotage but could it be a fake condom or something not latex like i said before if i didn't ask for a condom i am pretty sure she would of had unprotected sex and what abot the other questions? thanks for your reply :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:37:34 pm »
baller,

You have no idea whether or not she would have used a condom for intercourse if you hadn't asked for one - and such speculation is useless. Besides, even if she would have gone without, you did use one. If the condom had some sort of problem with it, it would have broken and you would have KNOWN it was broken.

You don't need to test for hiv over this situation, but if there is some sort of irritation going on with your penis, you need to get that checked out. Gonorrhea can be transmitted while getting a blowjob and so can herpes. The only way you'll know is to see a doctor.

Neither getting a blowjob nor protected intercourse are risks for hiv infection. You didn't have a risk.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline baller70

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 04:36:51 pm »
i understand where you are coming from ann but i know we wouldn't have used one if i didn't ask because i was very close in putting it in and then i asked her did she have a condom and if this where a fake condom how would i know the difference would it have broken or it just wouldn't protect me i know this is what if and it is a small possiblity that she did but just answer me if it did happen? what would happen if i test on friday for hiv and was negitive would that be conclusive since it been 25 days since the incident or wait longer. the reason why i say this is because i am sort of famous and i told that person a little about myself when she figured out who i was thats why i ask the question about her might wanting to use a fake condom please help thank you for your last post 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 04:49:33 pm »
baller,

What you're saying sounds illogical. If she had any intentions of trying to infect you, she would have tried to persuade you to not use a condom. That would be much easier than hunting down a novelty condom - what I'm assuming you mean by "fake" - just on the off-chance it would break and you'd have a risk.

You used a condom. It didn't break. You didn't have a risk for infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline baller70

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 05:27:42 pm »
so what you are saying if it was a fake condom or novelty condom and it didn't break it must have been a latex condom and if it was fake it would of broke is that what your saying? And what you are saying make since about telling me not to use a condom but you got people out there that are very hateful and you never know I've come across a lot of people just wanting to ruin other people life because they are jealous of there life but i don't blame them for that i blame myself for putting myself in situation like this one but we are all human and humans are not perfect even though we want everone to think so so thank you ann for your responses also i don't need to take a hiv test you sure

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 06:09:12 pm »
That's what was being said. You don't need an HIV test.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.