Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:55:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 658
Total: 658

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dateline TO CATCH A PREDATOR is on again!!  (Read 5618 times)

Offline allopathicholistic

Dateline TO CATCH A PREDATOR is on again!!
« on: January 30, 2007, 08:20:16 pm »
 :D  :D

bitcccchhhhez!!!!!!!!

Edited to correct typo in headline
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:59:00 pm by allopathicholistic »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Dateline TO CATCH A PREDTOR is on again!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:06 pm »
I love that show!  Love it!  Love it!  Love it!

The looks on their faces when they realize that their lives are forever destroyed... it's beautiful!  And I laugh and laugh and laugh.   :D

That's schadenfreude at its finest.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:27 pm »
I am really bored with /tired of these shows.   Yes, I know the people they catch are doing "awful things"......but I don't agree with making sting operations into a spectator sport.   It's just ludicrous.

Alan (who's watching Idol tonight, even though I don't give a flip about these audition shows)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:36:44 pm »

Caught a couple of these shows in the past. And to think, some of these people did it again, within days. Remember the naked Guy?....

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:37:33 pm »
I understand what Alan is saying, but I also have to confess that it is funny when they start trying to water down what their intentions were.  It's always something like...

Oh, well I was only going to come by and check on her and warn her about the dangers of inviting strangers over.   And have some cookies maybe.  Oh...and invite her to our church's youth group....

(Notice how many of them turn out to be big wig members of their churches and stuff??)

I never ever planned to have sex with her!  No, not ever!

But we have this IM where you said you wanted to [bleep] her and spread her like peanut butter and munch her     [bleep] like a big ball of cotton candy while she sucked your [bleep] like a Tootsie Pop.

Did I mention about my church's youth group??

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 08:38:35 pm »

Caught a couple of these shows in the past. And to think, some of these people did it again, within days. Remember the naked Guy?....

Ray

Oh God, I remember that one!  And the guy who showed up the next day at a McDonalds for some underage poon after being filmed in the house!

They actually did that one in Fairfax county... about 15-20 miles from where my parents live.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:25 pm »
But we have this IM where you said you wanted to [bleep] her and spread her like peanut butter and munch her     [bleep] like a big ball of cotton candy while she sucked your [bleep] like a Tootsie Pop.

LOL! CHRIS HANSEN!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 08:50:14 pm »
Yeah, that Chris guy is looking good to me bout now.    I think the show is hysterical.    But alas, I am an Idol fan so had to DVR the Dateline show. 
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 08:50:36 pm »
ugh... I got sick of that show because they always repeat it so much on MSNBC
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 09:05:13 pm »
Alan, I'm one that is totally for it. Do whatever it takes to catch them. Let others that are doing it see what will happen WHEN they get caught. They wreck children's lives and whatever we do to them can not possibly make up for what they do to children. My neighbor that lived back of me, was sentenced to 15- life for molesting his 8 yr old neice by marriage. He sets in a wing of the prison away from the population to protect his life.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: Dateline TO CATCH A PREDATOR is on again!!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 09:41:40 pm »
Oh yes, I totally agree with catching them and punishing them.  It just doesn't make for a TV show that I enjoy watching.   

I watch COPS all the time, but I don't like the ones where they have drug or prostitution stings.   I know they are cleaning up the neighborhoods, but again, I just don't like to watch it.   Maybe it stems back to me being caught in a sting operation back in the early 80's, when I lived in Oklahoma.   Undercover officers were inside a gay bar, soliciting....then, when you walked outside with them, they put the cuffs on you.   That cost me $500 and community service, and I was INSIDE a gay bar at the time.   I know it's a totally different thing than the pedophiles on this show, but at the same time, I just don't enjoy watching it.

These predators definitely need to be stopped, and I hope the show is accomplishing the goal of doing that.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 04:02:41 am »
I agree with you Alan. I don't like sting operations either. Even though these guys deserve to be caught there is something distasteful about turning child endangerment into a spectator sport.

I also confess it hits a little close to home, not in going after underage sex but just being gay and HIV+. Growing up in the South I was always worried about entrapment, even in gay bars. I can envision myself chatting with some guy online, going to his house and finding cops and a camera crew. Then a sanctimonious news reporter reads off a transcript of our chat: "So you said you want to, and I quote, 'F**k your tight ass raw all night long'. So you admit you were coming over here to have unprotected sex knowing that you're HIV+, knowing that you could infect someone with a horrible fatal disease. Some people would say you're a monster. How do you respond to that?"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 05:12:03 am »
I agree with you Alan. I don't like sting operations either. Even though these guys deserve to be caught there is something distasteful about turning child endangerment into a spectator sport.

I also confess it hits a little close to home, not in going after underage sex but just being gay and HIV+. Growing up in the South I was always worried about entrapment, even in gay bars. I can envision myself chatting with some guy online, going to his house and finding cops and a camera crew. Then a sanctimonious news reporter reads off a transcript of our chat: "So you said you want to, and I quote, 'F**k your tight ass raw all night long'. So you admit you were coming over here to have unprotected sex knowing that you're HIV+, knowing that you could infect someone with a horrible fatal disease. Some people would say you're a monster. How do you respond to that?"
That is easy, I would never put myself in a compromising position like that. I would never go to anyone's home to meet them for sex, if I've never met them in person and I don't date kids. Even if I didn't have AIDS I wouldn't do it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:17:13 am by RapidRod »

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 08:35:52 am »
a was a little taken aback when i saw the cops use a tazer gun

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 09:22:13 am »
was a little taken aback when i saw the cops use a tazer gun

Oooooh, that sounds hot!  ;)
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »
First let me say that I think everything possible should be done to protect children from predators.  However, I have problems with these type tactics.  First I know it isn't entrapment but boy I just feel funny about how the guys are led on.  But what is even more disturbing is the fact that the police use an outside watchdog group to do the work.  This group isn't subjected to the same rules and such as the police. So the police are able to get evidence that was gathered in what could be questionable ways without paying the group because NBC has done that.

Also don't these idiots ever watch TV and know about stings.  Why take the risk of getting caught.  (of course I am not one to talk since i ended up here by not worrying about the risk)

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 01:03:44 pm »
I doubt these guys have to be LED ON too much.  The "victims" clearly state their ages mutiple times.  If I was talking to someone who was turning me on left and right and they told me they were 13, first I'd puke then I would stop talking.  These guys have EVERY chance to discontinue a conversation with these "girls/boys".  Not to mention some of these douchebags drive HOURS to get there.  Hell I wont drive across town for poonany much less across state lines or county lines!!!!

If they believe that the girl was lying to them about her age or whatever or that it was "fantasy" then why show up.  I sure wouldnt.  I am all for fantasy time and have the wifey dress up ala school girl every once in a while with the pig tails and what not but damn, these guys are not looking for that!

So I say keep it up, put it on tv for 2 reasons.  1-the ratings and money pays the bills and 2-it deters others from doing it hopefully!

And yes it is strange how many profess god to Mr. Hansen when they finally get caught!  Can't trust those religious whackos I tell you!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline mjmel

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 01:22:05 pm »
Also don't these idiots ever watch TV and know about stings.  Why take the risk of getting caught. 
Woods
In a recent bust, one of these guys stated that he knew who they (host and camera crew) were since he actually watched the program.
I say use any method that works to catch 'em. Also, when they are doing time, they shouldn't be protected from general prison population either.
I catch it now and again if I'm flipping through channels or if it happens to come on the channel I am already watching. Digusting stuff to go out of my way to watch, as entertainment.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 02:48:39 pm »
I say use any method that works to catch 'em.

While pedophilia is vile and all should be done to prevent it from happening, we must be careful not to go down a slippery slope where government agencies use outside resources to investigate potential crimes.  These agencies don't have to follow the same laws as government agencies.  That is where my biggest problem lies in the way the sting is done.

There have been so many of these shows, are we watching them now to stop predators or for the enjoyment of seeing these crackpots get caught.

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 03:07:52 pm »
There have been so many of these shows, are we watching them now to stop predators or for the enjoyment of seeing these crackpots get caught.
Woods

YES!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 10:31:24 am »
I have 2 thoughts on this show first one is you know your doomed when little miss 13 year old offers a kool aid- and secondly lets all have a reality check,!
First off I have always been into older guys but what I learned is this has been going on for centuries. Just think where would Elvis or Jerry Lee Lewis be if this was the mentality in the 60's?
Pricilla was 12 when he started dating her, and Jerry Lee married his 13 year old cousin! In fact it wasn't till just a year ago that Kansas (I think) was forced to change their marriage laws.

Now I am not saying it is right but since this country uses the Bible as it's moral compass one need not look any further, it is ripe with child abuse- in fact if I remember correctly god knocked mary up at 13!
Then the christians argue that people didn't live that long back then so it was okay, yet the same christians explain that Moses, and all those other old men lived so long because they were genetically closer to Adam- a sly way to advocate incest.Which is why I gues  so many Republiicans get busted for this crime.The other major religions also have positive slants on this new crime de jour.
I am waiting for the news one day someone takes Hanson down.

Btw there is way more human trafficing today the the entire time of the Atlantic slave trade!

So remember this when you listen to Elvis!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:47:11 am by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 03:28:53 pm »
This thread reminds me of a really awesome movie I saw a few months ago.

Hard Candy.

It. Was. Amazing.

"I fucking hate Goldfrapp."

So good!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 04:25:30 pm »
alisenjafi, the last time I looked I don't believe anyone uses the bible to hand down punishment for breaking the law.  ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.