Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:39:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 410
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 404
Total: 406

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very much worried  (Read 14034 times)

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
Very much worried
« on: July 24, 2006, 02:45:16 pm »
Hi,

I had posted my concerns in the previous forums in the old site, but will post it again quickly

1. I had sexual encounter with a paid worker in Aug 2005. After the encounter, I noticed that there was blood on the condom & she told me that its due to her recently completed periods. I don't remember whether the condom broke or not.

2. In Jan 2006, I have symptoms like, some rash, some fever, throat pain, feel like my body is heating internally but won't show temp when measured.

3. I went for the test in Feb 2006 & tested -ve ( tested from the instant saliva test, forgot the name). Also the CBC blood test showed no other concerns for WBC, RBC, all other counts.

4. But since last like 10 weeks, I have a bit headache always, constant yeast infection in my penis,and bowl movements have changed (I have to go to restroom as soon as I have lunch/dinner). Do you guys think I still need to go for test or its just that I am not able to get out of that encounter I had. I just don't want to pass it on to my wife. Your help & inputs will really help me get rid of my fear.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 03:06:37 pm by bob_worried »

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
Re: Very much worried
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:50:22 pm »
Bob,

You had protected  sex and subsequently have tested negative for hiv past the window period.  You are conclusively hiv negative.

Whatever is going on with your body, it has nothing to do with hiv.

Work with your doctor resolve these health issues.

Good luck,

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 11:28:35 am »
Morgan & All,

I really appreciate your input, but I need to move on with my life. Its been more than 6 months now & I feel something or the other wrong in my body. Since last 10 days, I feel burning & tingling effect in my feet & also when I walk. I read on internet that it can be the first symptoms of HIV called PN. Do you think I can get this symptoms while its more than 1 year since I had the protected encounter with a sex worker. I am really worred as we are trying for a baby & don't want my wife also to get HIV.

Bob

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:32:55 am »
Under no circumstances is this an HIV situation.

I hope that you are able to work out whats wrong with a physician. Whatever it is, it is absolutely NOT HIv related. No way, no how.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 10:06:22 am »
Thanks for the reply. I had one question to ask. MY bowl movements are still not normal, its been like 2 months now (some days its like diahrrea & some days its normal). Normally how long after infection, does the diahrrea symptoms last if I had HIV?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 10:20:23 am »
Bob,

See your doctor about your bowel problems. It's nothing to do with hiv. How could it - you are conclusively hiv negative.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:11:06 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I had one question to ask. MY bowl movements are still not normal, its been like 2 months now (some days its like diahrrea & some days its normal). Normally how long after infection, does the diahrrea symptoms last if I had HIV?

Bob unless you're an M.D. stop trying to diagnose yourself!!!  You can spend everyday looking at your body thinking this and that is related to HIV, but in reality we all know it's not.  Everyone has already said "you've tested conclusively negative."

You don't have an HIV issue, this is a psychological issue.  You need to try and think rationally about this.  You've tested conclusively negative if you cannot accept that fact you should seek the help of a mental health professional.  Anxiety and irrational fears are a very real problem that many people to choose ignore.

Good luck!

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:23:45 pm »
Thanks everyone for the response & I understand that I am not M.D, but just a bit more worried & don't want to spoil the happy married life.

Just to ensure, I am going for an Orasure test tomorrow, because we are starting the IVF procedure with my wife's gynec & he is going to perform all kind of blood tests, so want to just make sure before he does.

The only reason why I am concerned is because since last Aug 05, I have been for nude massage, many times, with happy ending by hand & also feel toes & hand go numb almost everyday & frequent diahrrea.

Also, my doctor did some bloodwork last week & the ALT count in liver test came high. He is going to perform Hepatitis panel test tomorrow & see if its due to hepatitis or some other reason.Do you think this has anything to do with my event in last August.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 08:55:34 pm »
You've had a negative result way past the window period. You are hiv negative. Period.. No "what ifs or buts."

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 12:01:18 am »
Thanks everyone for the response & I understand that I am not M.D, but just a bit more worried & don't want to spoil the happy married life.

Just to ensure, I am going for an Orasure test tomorrow, because we are starting the IVF procedure with my wife's gynec & he is going to perform all kind of blood tests, so want to just make sure before he does.

The only reason why I am concerned is because since last Aug 05, I have been for nude massage, many times, with happy ending by hand & also feel toes & hand go numb almost everyday & frequent diahrrea.

Also, my doctor did some bloodwork last week & the ALT count in liver test came high. He is going to perform Hepatitis panel test tomorrow & see if its due to hepatitis or some other reason.Do you think this has anything to do with my event in last August.

Bob

No one will be able to diagnose you over the internet but one thing is for sure, anything you're experiencing is not HIV related.  The fact that you had protected intercourse, makes it highly unlikely that any thing your experiencing now is due to your previous encounter.

You've spent a lot of time worrying about this issue, even after you've conclusively tested negative.  So i'm wondering in all your stress and worrying about HIV have you neglected other areas of your health?  Are you overweight? Are you exercising regularly? Are you getting regular check ups to look for diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure? All of these ailments are enormously more common than HIV infection and could all be playing apart in your current situation.

Have you spoken with any sort of counselor to address your irrational fears surrounding this event or have you only been going online looking for information to scare yourself? We can't make you take our advice but you might want to consider it, especially if what your doing now isn't working for you.

Best of Luck

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 04:52:45 pm »
I have a quick question. I go to massage often with a lady. I lay down on a table with a cloth on top of it. First I lay down on my stomach. Do you think this is a risk if the cloth on the table is been used by someone else also? Is it safe to lay down like that on a towel/cloth used by someone else also?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 04:56:59 pm »
Not an HIV risk.  No.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 05:17:27 pm »
HIV is absolutely not passed in that manner.

If you haven't already done so, please read the lesson on transmission. You can find a link to it in the Welcome thread which begins this section. Everyone needs to know the basics about safer sex and you can get that in that lesson.

This time you have no cause for further concern about HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 05:22:53 pm »
Bob,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 02:38:43 pm »
I have a question & am worried. Do you think licking a girl's breast & a quick short kiss on her lips (dont know her status) is a risk for HIV?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 02:50:00 pm »
Absolutely not a risk, Bob.

But what is a risk for HIV is not being well informed about the basics regarding HIV transmission and testing. Please read the lessons on this site about both. You will find a link to them in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

By becoming familiar with that information and consistently following safer sex guidelines you can enjoy your sexuality, protect your health and be spared the kind of unnecessary worry you are experiencing.

This time out you have no cause for concern.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 03:39:59 pm »
Not at all Bob.  Lick and kiss and suck on those nipples till your hearts content! 

But do follow Andy's advice and remain protected for intercourse!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 05:58:32 pm »
Bob,

I've merged your new thread again into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 10:47:50 am »
I had prostate massage twice in last 6 months. The lady told me that she uses a new glove everytime, but who knows that she might be using the same glove with everyone. Do you think this is a risk for HIV? I am a bit worried as I had a viral flu for 3 days (like 1 month ago) & at the same time, my wife also had viral flu for 3 days.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 11:10:09 am »
Bob you need to keep all your questions in your original post.  It can be found by clicking the Show Own Posts link under your screenname on the left hand side of this page.

PS
This would not be considered a risk of HIV transmission.  Please read the lessons in the welcome thread to find out how HIV is transmitted.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 03:45:10 pm »
Bob, first of all, as AC told you, keep all of your entries here in this same thread. Even when you think it's an unrelated matter. I've merged your threads into this one.

Secondly, you've been coming around here long enough to know what is risky and what isn't. Getting a finger up your bum is NOT a risk for HIV transmission and you ought to know that by now. Re-read the lesson on transmission. It's really simple, Bob. Unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse are the risks and by unprotected I don't mean getting buggered by a finger.

This incident was not a risk for HIV. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 08:54:54 am »
I had posted few questions in past, but needed to ask one last question.

I had an oral with a TS with condom on. First I did oral to her & than she did to me, both times with condom. How big a risk this is for HIV transmission?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 09:38:03 am »
I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

Receiving oral is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. In the entire history of the epidemic there's never been a confirmed case of transmission to a guy getting a blowjob.

As for giving oral, there have been a very few cases of transmission reported in that manner, but they are not well documented. There is much more evidence through longterm studies that giving oral, especially without oral ejaculation, is not a risk. Your saliva has natural elements which effectively reduce HIV's viability. And HIV is a fragile virus not easily transmitted. So giving oral is for some in the domain of what level of risk you are prepared to accept.

In general we do recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done regularly -- at least annually. Other STDs are much easier to transmit than HIV. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 10:43:48 am »
Bob,

Along with keeping all your posts in this thread, I also need you to stop trying to create new accounts. You've tried twice in the past two days and both attempts have been deleted.

Having more than one account is against our Terms of Membership, which you agreed to when you became a member. You were sent an email about this yesterday. Keep your login information somewhere safe so you have it when you need it in future. Thank you for your cooperation.

And I totally agree with Andy; you haven't had a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 12:32:29 pm »
Thanks Andy.

But in giving oral, do you think its a risk if I gave oral with a condom?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 12:47:08 pm »
Bob,

Condoms prevent hiv transmission. Giving oral with a condom is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv transmission.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 11:12:25 pm »
I had few massages in past few years. Also had some massages and touching with a TS but no sex. I had tested for HIV in 2007 and was -ve but since than also I had some prostate, happy ending massages. Am I at risk cause I just did another HIV test today. I am very much worried. I did not have any sexual encounters, either oral or penetration.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 11:35:11 pm »
Please keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 07:45:41 pm »
I had an encounter with a sex worker earlier today. I went to her room and she had a dildo and I wanted her to use on me. She did not have a condom but washed it (I did not see her wash but heard water sound) and came back and put some lotion on it and put in my anus for like 2 to 3 minutes and removed it. She never put inside her during my time but that does not mean that she did not use on her earlier or on other customers but I am just worried.

Can HIV be transmitted thru dildo if it was used on others also? Can the virus survive for few minutes or hours if it was used on others and than on me? Has anyone seen cases of HIV transmitted thru toys? I am stressed and looking for help

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 07:13:30 am »
Bob,

It was no risk at all, move on with your life.
Also don't post in a new thread again, I mean it

HIV is transmitted sexually inside the human body as in never leaving the confides such as during unprotected intercourse. HIV is incredibly fragile and the outer receptors needed to infect cells corrode in contact with the environment/air meaning it can no longer infect, next to half a dozen other barriers.

Do not post outside this one thread again or about fluids that have been outside the human body again. I mean it as next time i will issue a ban

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:37:02 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 06:48:32 pm »
Got it. Thanks.
I will make sure I post in same thread

Offline bob_worried

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 10:44:21 am »
Have one quick follow up questions. Since my encounter last Friday I have had canker sores in mouth and a light headache. It concerns me that hope I am not infected cause when I google it says that there is high risk with sex toys (if not cleaned) but some sites say HIV virus cannot live outside body so hope you guys and those sites are true but I am just worried about the canker sores/mouth ulcers. Please help me out

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 10:51:45 am »
Bob,

I have read all your posts, they were all no risk situations as is this one.
To be clear, HIV is primarily sexually transmitted through unprotected anal and vaginal intercourse... end of story.
Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV and it is safe for you to move on.

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.