Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:53:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Spam mail increase  (Read 2632 times)

Offline DanielMark

Spam mail increase
« on: April 12, 2007, 03:19:11 pm »
Lately I've been getting more and more spam mail. I do not acknowledge it of course and wonder why the sudden increase. Anyone else experiencing this?

This one just made me laugh because a) it came with an actual attached file to download and b) it was sent by a very caring robot.

Then I  also got this fabulous job offer!

ZHANGZHOU HUAYUAN TRADING is one of Japan's largest food manufacturers,
with a proud history of growth.We produce and market some of Australia
and New Zealand's best loved brands. Otsuka Pharmaceutical (OP) is a
wholly
owned subsidiary of Associated Chinese And Taiwanese Foods Plc, one of
the world's leading food companies.
Permit an introduction. My name is Mr. Qinglin Zhuang,  CEO OF
ZHANGZHOU HUAYUAN TRADING CO based here in China. Our company exports cement,
sugar and textile materials for world trade. We are searching for a
representatives who can help us establish a medium of getting to our
customers America and Canada as well as making payments through you as our
payment
officer.
If you are interested in our offer, please do send to us the following
informations via e-mail:

( 1. ) Your Full Names:
( 2. ) Your Contact/Residential Address:
( 3. ) Your Age:
( 4. ) Your  Occupation:
( 5. ) Company Name:
( 6. ) Position Held:
( 8. ) company Location:
( 9. ) Your Company Address:
( 10. ) Phone Number ( Home Telephone Number ):
( 11. ) Cell Phone Number:
( 12. ) Bank Name:
( 12. ) Fax Number:
( 13. ) Email Address:

Respectfully Submitted,
Mr. Qinglin Zhuang,
President
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Dan J.

Re: Spam mail increase
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:22:49 pm »
I get emails like that also. The are phishing for your personal information to steal your identity. The best thing to do would be to not respond and put these emails in your junk mail folder.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:55:02 pm »
Well the first one expects you to be stupid enough to download a file, which of course would contain something destructive.

I zap all spam mail but it's still annoying to get.

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:36 pm »
Daniel, I am surprised that you open these. Surely you realize that hidden and embedded in seemingly innocent & tivial junk mail are malicious monsters of the internet,,,,,,,,,,just one visit to Worm World and you'll be crying and there will be gashing of teeth!  ;)

edit: (Oh, I understand now from reading your 2nd post. )
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:59:07 pm by mjmel »

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:28:47 pm »
LOL How dumb do I smell anyway?

Glad you caught on.  ;)

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:43:43 pm »
Hhmmmm,

I never get any spam or junk mail. I have yet to recieve any any kind of junk mail in my primary email addresses. I have a yahoo, and gmail ,and hot mail account created, I give those addresses, when I have a feeling, that I may get spammed.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.