Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 06:27:54 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773294
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 1
Guests: 584
Total: 585

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: I am lonely and sad  (Leído 13129 veces)

Desconectado worried100

I am lonely and sad
« en: Septiembre 03, 2016, 02:35:03 am »
So I was diagnosed  positive around 6 years now. I met someone online and thought everything was fine, we had our ups and downs but at least I had someone.

It turns out that the spark was never there for him and he stayed with me in the hope that it would grow and obviously it hasn't. He wants me out of his house and my relationship is over. Looking back the warning signs were there but I choose to ignore them, I was just happy to have found someone.

I am 40 years old soon with no children, I'm trying to find HIV+ friends to go out with and enjoy myself with and have asked on various websites but no-one is interested. I live in the UK and just want to be happy.

Are there any women out there who can relate?
Much love
worried.xx

Desconectado emeraldize

Re: I am lonely and sad
« Respuesta #1 en: Septiembre 04, 2016, 10:24:29 pm »
May I call you Ried? Reads more optimistically than Worried.

I think whether female or male, positive or negative, none of us wants to be alone.

Why do you think positive women friends are the key to a good time? While I agree it's nice to have a couple of people who can understand it firsthand, much about living with HIV is just the living part.

Get counseling if you can, if you find you need it. Find friends no matter what their health status or sex. And perhaps you would benefit greatly by finding a cause that draws you in or a person who is worse off than you and needs help. Perhaps it would be an agency or organization in great need of a volunteer like you. The more you can get someone else on your radar, the less lonely you will be  and the sadness will be lessened by contrast, by engagement, by looking outward.

Warm regards
Em

Desconectado BT65

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #2 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 06:17:34 am »
Hello,
I agree with Em.  Much of this is learning to live with HIV, read "live."  Just because you have "someone" does not guarantee a good life, as you are experiencing.  Relationships are really no different emotions wise, whether someone is HIV+ or HIV-.  Just know that you are a whole person whether you are in a relationship or not.

With that in mind, you also don't have to settle for just anybody because of your status either.  We are still entitled to happiness, and if you believe that involves being in a relationship, than don't settle for just anyone.  Find yourself, your cor values, and go from there.

In the meantime, what Em has suggested as far as volunteering is a great idea.  I did it for quite a while and sometimes still do.  I tested HIV+ almost 30 years ago and volunteering is a great way to get out of yourself and build your self esteem.  Do you have a particular interest or group of people you would love to help?  Try that.

Meanwhile, we're here.  I hope to hear more from you!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Desconectado PittGurl

« Respuesta #3 en: Octubre 26, 2016, 11:13:53 pm »
Wondering how you are?
Infected ~5/16/15-7/19/15
8-2-15    CD4=286; VL=43800; 15% WB Pos Test Confirmed (waiting for genotype to start Triumeq)
9-4-15    Started Triumeq thanks to the people on board encouraging me :)
9-21-15    CD4=570; VL 26; 30% 16 days on Triumeq….
10-27-15   CD4=522; VL=UNDETECTABLE!!!; 29%    7 wks, 4 days on Triumeq
1-28-16    CD4=479; VL=UD; 31% almost 5 mo on Triumeq
4-27-16    CD4=580; VL=UD; 32%
7-28-16    CD4=991; VL=UD; 38% almost 1 year on Triumeq
8-3-16    ONE YEAR DX
10-27-16    CD4=765; VL=UD; 39%
3-8-17   CD4=709; VL=27; 39%
7-13-17   CD4=942; VL=UD; 41%
10/12/17   CD4=626; VL=UD; 39%
1/21/18    CD4=650; VL=UD; 40%
4/26/18   CD4=893; VL=UD; 39%
8/9/18   CD4=858; VL=UD; 41%
12/27/18   CD4=841; VL=UD; 41%
4/24/19   CD4=751; VL=UD; 39%
8/27/19   CD4=719; VL=UD; 36%
10/31/19   CD4=746; VL=UD; 37%

Desconectado Renee

« Respuesta #4 en: Abril 05, 2017, 01:30:29 pm »
Hello Worried100,

I am in the US, if I were in the UK, we could hang out. We can email each other if you like.

I have been positive for 28 years and it is a journey.  I agree with the others that you can be in an HIV- relationship and still there are ups and downs, or two people meet and it doesn't work out.

I have met gentleman over the years and they were not HIV+, they accepted me and it did not work out because I learned one drank too much, and another was older than me but was so insecurity and like a teen boy.  I ended both.  The "teen boy" relationship was for 5 years. I saw signs that we probably would not be getting married and we stopped dating then started up again. I think due to loneliness on both parts. I am glad it is over though. Too much emotional drama.

But, I understand, totally, your feeling of wanting to be in a relationship with someone.  There is some anxiety on my part due to my situation. You have to tell "the story" per say.  But, I am trying to just keep it moving until...

-Renee

Desconectado Charlykappel

« Respuesta #5 en: Mayo 07, 2017, 07:22:41 pm »
Hi worried!
I got the same experience. I am an  older one, for 30 yearsnow positive and I tried very hard to find someone. I failed! It is really impossible to come in touch. Therefor I can understand your feelings very good. We hiv+ we must stay alone! With that we have to fight.

Regards + keep going

Desconectado krismel

« Respuesta #6 en: Febrero 21, 2019, 07:06:37 pm »
Just wondering how you are doing?
I like in the us, but we could be friend. your story is similar to one
please let me know
Continue to take care
k.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.