Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:52:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 226
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hemorrhoid Question  (Read 5712 times)

Offline krishnan

• Standard
Hemorrhoid Question
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:58:30 am »
I had oral sex with a guy recently; oral sex, little to no risk...I understand that.  But he tried unsuccessfully to insert his penis into me (anal sex), but I pushed him away in 1 second.  There was certainly no penetration, but the tip of his penis might have touched the outside of my anus for that 1 second.  I had hemorroids at the time, so there was some blood there.

Was there any risk to me?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Hemorrhoid Question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:30:37 am »
You didn't have a risk from a penis pushing against your rectum . These are the risk factors for HIV ....

Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.
Mother to child during or shortly after birth
Very specific healthcare situations.

No penetration means no risk for HIV . 

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline krishnan

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:11:48 am »
Thanks, Jeff.  2 comments:

1.  he fingered me.  since I had hemorriods, is there a risk from that if he had pre cum on his hands?

2.  I have a sore throat now, and earache.  does that change anything.

Thanks so much Jeff!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:56 am »
Fingering is not a risk for HIV , only the things I listed in August are a risk for HIV and you did not have a risk .

If you are unwell see your doctor , its not HIV that causing it .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline krishnan

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 11:08:19 am »
Jeff,

Thanks again.  May I resume unprotected vaginal sex with my girlfriend without getting tested?

Krishnan

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 11:22:07 am »
I would not recommend unprotected sex to any individual who is not in a mutually monogamous relationship period .

You didn't have a risk for HIV in the situation you describe but its ultimately up to you how comfortable you are with the risk of exposing your girlfriend to a host of other STD's . We deal with HIV assessments here so we only focus on that aspect but you asked and I provided my thoughts on the matter .

I will repeat this helpful information ... anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline krishnan

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 07:01:25 am »
Experts,

I need your advice.  I performed unprotected oral sex on a man on August 22, 2014.  After the brief encounter he told me he was HIV+. 

The act lasted maybe a minute or so, and he did not ejaculate in my mouth.  There might have been some precum which I swallowed. He also said his viral load is undetectable; I have no reason to doubt him in this regard.  I might add that my gums and mouth are healthy (or so my dentist tells me).

I did test one week after the encounter (negative).  I know that's useless, but I was going crazy.  I have had a very slight sore throat and some muscle aches (which came about a week apart)...no fever, rashes, diarrhea or vomiting.

Was this a risky act, low risk act or virtually zero risk act (the latter akin to being struck by lightening)?  Should I test at the 6 and 12 week mark?

Thanks so much.  I am worried sick about this.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 08:00:01 am »
Krishnan, nothing except sex with your own hand is 100% safe. But we know from decades of experience in the epidemic that the only confirmed risks sexually are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

With regard to giving oral sex, your saliva has over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV. Sure if you had a gaping and bleeding wound in your mouth there could be some risk, but then that is not likely to be the circumstance when you would be giving oral to someone.

You are worrying neeedlessly. There is no need for testing unless strictly for your peace of mind you want to do it and collect the inevitable negative result. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline krishnan

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »
Thanks Andy.

What do you make of my ARS symptoms.

And would you say my risk was no risk or super low negligible risk.

Thanks.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 03:37:19 pm »
Your symptoms are not specific to HIV and since you never had a risk its safe to say that they are not ARS symptoms . If you are sick go see your doctor and find out whats wrong .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline krishnan

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 11:15:42 am »
Today marks the 30th day since the encounter.  I tested at the lab and it came back negative (as Andy predicted).

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.