Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:26:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Got a new script  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Almost2late

Got a new script
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:03:57 pm »
Hi Everybody,

Okay so I went to see my ID doc and my cd4's went down from 184 to 117, so I asked about percentage and that to went down 9% to 8%  :( .. My VL down 595 to 235  :-[ so fuckin slow but the right direction, was expecting better.

Now I tell him about the fun stuff, how my lymph nodes still bother me and the Atripla fuckin with my mind, so he gives me a script for Tivicay/Truvada  :-\ and I say fine your the doc.

Then I start thinking, here's my chance to build a reserve in case of a zombie apocalypse or something.. can't let those atripla's go to waist right? and I got a months worth so wtf.. Yeah, I know that shit is fucking with my mind but now I'm gonna pay double for those copays, why don't they combine these 2 pills anyways?

Now I did do a little homework on the threads here and google about T/T and it said its some great stuff compared with atripla but honestly I was hoping for stripbild bc of the copay thingy.

My KS appears to be fading painfuly slow but also going the right direction.. Maybe thats why my lymph nodes under my ears are so fuckin fussy cause its fighting cancer I think.

And recently I've been having really freaky dreams.. Had a nightmare that I was being terrorized by a hand-puppet no lie, it really scared the living shit outta me  :-[ but I'm going to stay on this shit for one more month.

I've learned to cope with my emotions when I'm at work or out and about by reminding myself of the meds side effects, this seems to help.. any advise from you guys would be so appreciated, thank you

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Got a new script
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:11:55 pm »
You are making progress and the new meds will help you make headway on that . Its your choice to wait a month to build up a supply but you can also do that by filling your script as early as possible every month ... its slow but sure .

The bright side is once you ditch the Atripla you will feel better in a day or two tops . Best of luck and keep up the good work .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:28:31 pm »
Thanks Jeff  :)

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:46 pm »
you can also do that by filling your script as early as possible every month ... its slow but sure .

This is exactly what I do - my insurance company lets me refill after three weeks.  The only catch was that the manufacturer co-pay will only allow 12 copays in a year, so you can get caught without the manufacturer copay at the end of the year.
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:02:38 am »
Think I may reconsider and not wait so long  ???
The Atripla is just too much for me.. called in sick  :P

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 02:57:01 pm »
Think I may reconsider and not wait so long  ???
The Atripla is just too much for me.. called in sick  :P

Having suffered major Atripla side effects myself I cant blame you for going ahead and switching meds right away . You will feel better right away once you do it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 08:28:05 am »
Good morning sunshine!

Started the new meds last night at about 10 pm, same time I would take my atripla and it wasn't too bad at all.. my throat was a little dry and a little pressure around my head (no headache), also felt like that feeling I get when I've had a little too much coffee  :-\
Was hoping my swollen lymphs would go away but that did'nt happen, I think I got a headcold

No crazy dizziness, no depression, no unstable emotions, or foggy mind and no sleep disruption.. I slept through the entire night without getting up for anything  :) and thats that there's probably sustiva still in my system

Overall I feel much better even with the headcold.. hopefully that will clear up too.. will continue updates on this thread.. wishing everyone a nice day  :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 10:02:04 am »
Good morning sunshine!

Started the new meds last night at about 10 pm, same time I would take my atripla and it wasn't too bad at all.. my throat was a little dry and a little pressure around my head (no headache), also felt like that feeling I get when I've had a little too much coffee  :-\
Was hoping my swollen lymphs would go away but that did'nt happen, I think I got a headcold

No crazy dizziness, no depression, no unstable emotions, or foggy mind and no sleep disruption.. I slept through the entire night without getting up for anything  :) and thats that there's probably sustiva still in my system

Overall I feel much better even with the headcold.. hopefully that will clear up too.. will continue updates on this thread.. wishing everyone a nice day  :)

Its been most peoples experience that once you make a med change off of Atripla/sustiva the side effects and quality of life improve rapidly . I'm happy to hear you have seen improvement after one night off, it gets better from there . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 06:44:45 am »
Thanks Jeff for your encouragement .. Last night was only my second night and again rested much better .. If only these lymph nodes would settle down I'd be so much more at ease, worried so much its something else like lymphoma.. my next id doc appointment isn't till late August.. hopefully by then I'll be ud with cd4's in the 200 range.. is this normal for people with aids to have lymph nodes swell up on them this long? .. dr. just looks at them and says my immune system is trying to repair itself, no test have been done on them.

Well off to work to dodge OI's, wishing everyone a wonderful day  :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 11:40:42 am »
Its not uncommon to have swollen lymph nodes but you are doing the correct thing by discussing it with your doctor and following up on it . I hope you are not putting your fingers in your nodes and palpating them . If your lymph nodes were completely normal and not inflamed you can make them so simply but pushing on them .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 11:01:11 am »
Good morning all and Happy Independence Day!

Well its been close to a week now since I switched from atripla to tivicay/truvada.. I'm just so happy I didn't postpone the switch any longer cause now I see life so much clearer.. Not dissing the atripla cause it literally saved my life and lord knows I'm grateful for that.

Since my switch I've been eating more, starting to weights and been riding my bicycle alot further, (22 miles  :) ) which is my passion.

And yes my lymph nodes are still a little swollen but for some reason I'm not so bothered by it right now.. guess I'm just so high on life right now, not gonna let it get me down.. will bring it to my docs attention next month (thanks Jeff).

I would like to thank the people on these forums for sharing your experiences, it makes the world of difference, Thank you  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc&feature=kp

Offline wolfter

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 11:08:18 am »
Many of us noticed immediate improvements upon stopping Sustiva.  Glad you're feeling better with the med change.

greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.