Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:15:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Just tested Positive Today?  (Read 7429 times)

Offline Dan1987

Just tested Positive Today?
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:28:40 am »
Hello,

I just tested positive today. I made a great mistake. I got very drunk and had unprotected sex with a women I did not personally know on vacation, I really don't even remember doing it and I thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

I am scared!! I do not know what this means. I know there is treatment. I am 29 years old and married my wife hopefully will test negative.

Questions:

1. I had sex with my wife 3 days after I contacted the virus. Is she infected and what are the odds that she is not.

2. Will I be able to live a semi-healthy life until at least 60?

This has just changed my entire world. My wife will obviously leave me and I love her more then anything. I have to lay in the bed that I made and I accept that.

Very scared any consultation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Just tested Positive Today?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 12:00:45 pm »
Dan1987:  for the time being, I have moved your topic to the "Am I Infected" forum and added a "?" to your subject.

I'm sorry to heat of your predicament.  However, from the information you have provided, it is unclear as to whether you are, in fact, infected.  What type of test for HIV antibodies did you take and have you received a confirmation of that test?  You may not, in fact, be infected.  There are such things as "false positives."

If it turns out that you are, indeed, infected, know that HIV is a completely manageable condition today and that you can live a long and healthy life, provided that you adhere to your medication regimen--which, today, may be as simple as a pill a day.  There is no reason whatsoever for you not to expect to live a normal life span, and to achieve all your dreams and goals, so, yes, you can expect to live to 60 and beyond.  Being HIV positive is not a judgment or a death sentence.  It is a medical condition.

Presuming that you are positive, yes, your wife should be tested.  Odds exist, but it's not helpful to focus on them because it's the "individual" that matters, ultimately, not the "group."  The test will reveal her status.

But here is a link that will give you a sense of things:

http://www.aidsmap.com/Estimated-risk-per-exposure/page/1324038/

Your ongoing relationship with your wife, of course, is a personal matter between the two of you.  Many couples, after the initial shock and breach of trust, work through things and remain a couple.  Perhaps counseling may be an option for you, but you should not conclude that your relationship is over at this point, or that she will leave you.  Couples do get over this.

In the meantime, here is a link that may be useful for you to peruse:

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics

If you are confirmed positive, I will move your post(s) back to the "I Just Tested POZ" forum.  If you are confirmed positive, please continue to use this forum as a source of ongoing support and enlightenment for you as you adjust to your new situation.

I wish you and your wife well.

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 12:07:02 pm »
Thank you so much you brought tears to my eyes. I have had 4 tests done and each has come out Positive most recent was a PCR Test.

I am just terrified.. I hope she did not catch this from me.

I hope to start medication ASAP to avoid health complications. Also I hope I am fortunate enough that it's the one pill a day treatment I need.

Thank you so much for your encouragement. Cleveland, Ohio does not seem to have any physical support groups.

Best regards,

Dan

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 12:18:24 pm »
PCR tests are usually not done for diagnostic purposes.  What type of test did you have?  The general guideline is to be tested for HIV antibodies six weeks after exposure, then at 13 weeks past exposure for confirmation of the six week results.

Has a health care provider told you that you are HIV positive?  Do you have Viral Load and CD4 numbers.  Has the health care provider told you that he or she is now exploring what medication is best for you?

I'm just trying to determine if you have been truly confirmed as HIV positive in order to provide you with appropriate advice.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 12:20:48 pm »
Cleveland Clinic has told me that I am positive. I have a doctors appt to get my CD abd VL on Feb 2nd. I have never been this scared in my life

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 12:34:20 pm »
I have moved your post back to its initial placement.

I'm sorry that you have tested positive for HIV antibodies, but glad you found these forums for support and enlightenment.

All the things I said in my earlier post remains true, of course.  You will be fine.  It appears that your infection may be relatively recent, so it's great for your prognosis that you can be treated early.  You are fortunate to be involved with the Cleveland Clinic, one of the best facilities in the United States. Though you are now in shock, believe me, it does and will get better. 

Once you are placed on a medication regimen, you will be fine physically.  You will go on with your life, which can easily be long and healthy. 

Do take care of your mental health, too.  Seek referrals from your health care providers for appropriate professionals to assist you as you begin your journey.

Here are some links to support group possibilities:

http://www.recres.org/HIVAIDSPrevention  (there appears to be "gay" and "straight" support groups)

http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2012/09/hiv_support_group_meets_on_fac.html

https://www.odh.ohio.gov/-/media/ODH/ASSETS/Files/hst/hcs/OhioTalksHIV/Resources-Cleveland.pdf?la=en

Do keep in touch with this forum and let us know of your progress.

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum, firstly sorry to hear your worried and concerned.

Until you have your results on the 2nd of Feb please only post in this one thread, members of the forum will be able to answer and support you here.  Thank you.

2. Will I be able to live a semi-healthy life until at least 60?
You are still newly diagnosed and that can wreck your mind.

Look, living with HIV is taking a pill a day but life goes on, and you should expect to have to work, pay your bills, pay the rent, plan for retirement and live a long and boring productive life just like everybody else.  Simply put life with HIV goes on as normal, it just takes time to accept that. 

1. I had sex with my wife 3 days after I contacted the virus. Is she infected and what are the odds that she is not.

To be honest for all you know she is the source, I don't say that to be crude but that is the truth. She will need to test and again if negative 3 months post last exposure.

Take it easy in the meantime no need to panic.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 12:38:26 pm »
Thank you. I am going today after work to the lab to take my bloodwork to look at my VL

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »
My wife just told me I ruined her life. I can not believe I did this to my family. She wont even let me come home. I am very scared I gave her HIV as we had sex 3 days after I was exposed. My life is over.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 03:47:46 pm »
Hey Dan, sorry to hear about your situation, I so much know the feeling. Telling my wife was a very hard thing for me also but it has to be done. I've been diagnosed positive for 3 years now and although it was rough the first couple of years, it's all been much better now. Hang in there, it gets better.

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 03:51:33 pm »
Thank you. I just can't believe I lost my soulmate because of being piss drunk and not knowing wtf I was doing.

Also HIV terrifies me I feel like I am going to die in 3-5 years.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 03:55:09 pm »
Dan, that is far from the truth if you just been infected.. hell, I've let it go to full blown aids before I found out and I'm pretty damn healthy IMO.

Offline FarmBoy

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 04:35:52 pm »
Hi Dan,

I understand your fears and emotional pain.  I too contracted HIV through poor choices/risky behavior while I was on a business trip last summer.  The moderators have given you a lot of good advice and resources.

I don't know how your marriage will handle this, but I can give you my experience - my wife and I are still together.  It took me almost 2 weeks after Dx to confess and reveal the diagnoses to my wife.  That whole time, I was an emotional wreck and had stomachaches, anxiety, you name it since I already knew in my mind that my wife would leave me, I had given her HIV, our marriage would be over, and I ruined my kids' lives.  Also, I was scared to death of what it meant to have HIV and all the fears of AIDS, dying too young, etc.

I had my blood work and met with the ID nurse at the University HIV Clinic and the State Dept of Health Social Workers were also at my appt (for partner notification) before disclosing to my wife.  The state SW that met with me was great.  She stated that many couples she has worked with stay together.  She offered to either notify my wife or be there when I did and to provide private HIV/STD testing in our home for my wife.  I decided that it was best for me to tell my wife but had the SW on call to come to our house if my wife wanted to meet with her.

The next week after I took the kids to school, I went back home to disclose to my wife.  She was very hurt and angry as expected. However, we agreed we needed to work through this, especially for our kids sake.  She agreed to meet with the SW.  So we called her and an hour later, she was at our house.  She performed the quick test for HIV and other STDs.  10 minutes later, we learned they were all negative which was a relief (it had been over 8 weeks since any sex since I was so sick during seroconversion).  I then let the SW and my wife talk privately.

I agreed with my wife to seek counseling.  One thing I learned from the counselor was that marriages don't end due to infidelity.  They end because the partners don't get help to get through it.  She stated that 75-80% of couples that seek counseling stay together.  It is possible for your marriage to survive, but it will take both of you wanting to work at it each day.  Just as it is possible for you to survive HIV, but you just have to take your pill each day.

My wife went with me to my first ID doctor appt where I got initial viral numbers and started treatment.  The medicine has been effective getting me to UD in 4 weeks and no side effects.  She was able to get into a new state program to prescribe PrEP to partners through the same clinic vs having to go through her PCP.

This past week we took a 4-day trip to a B&B in Vermont.  We had a wonderful time.  It's not a path we would have chosen for our marriage, but our marriage is becoming stronger since we are both working at it and I'm being open and honest with my wife.

Hang in there, Dan.  You aren't the first to go through this.
7/25/16 - Infected
8/4/16 - Sero-conversion started (flu, then fever, fatigue most of August)
8/29/16 - hospitalized O.N. for dehydration; tested
9/1/16 - Dx'd (confirmed WB 9/2)
9/6/16 - CD4 1395 (15%); VL 275,904; genotyped
10/5/16 - CD4 800 (27%) Started on Triumeq
11/2/16 - CD4 699 (26%); VL <20
1/11/17 - no CD4; VL <20
5/17/17 - CD4 742 (22%); VL <20
11/15/17 - CD4 745 (33%); VL <20
5/16/18 - no CD4; VL <20
11/28/18 - no CD4; VL <20
05/29/19 - no CD4; VL <20
07/01/19 - switched to Dovato
11/20/19 - CD4 835 (32%); VL <20

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 04:41:19 pm »
I am more scared that I ruined my marrige and life then HIV.  I read todays treatment and taking your meds you can live a regular lifespan

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 05:01:28 pm »
Dan.

I know your hurting right now, however you have just told your wife that you have been cheating and that you have HIV.

I get that your a mess right now but give her some time to process the news and time to think, give both of you time to calm down and perhaps than a conversation will go better. Go stay with friends or family for a few days.  That is what i would do.

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 05:06:31 pm »
I am more scared that I ruined my marrige and life then HIV.  I read todays treatment and taking your meds you can live a regular lifespan

Now next to your marital problem, you will probably next week need start thinking more about HIV treatment  this brief and useful lesson is an easy read introduction: Starting treatment https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/starting-hiv-treatment

On the life thing yeah with treatment life expectancy has reached near normal and so you should expect to live a long and productive life. Plan for retirement just like everybody else.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 05:22:33 pm »

OJO       HELLO DAN....I WAS DIAGNOSED 22 YEARS AGO WHEN GETTING AN HIV DX WAS STILL A DEATH SENTENCE, AND I'M STILL HERE, SO PLEASE RELAX, TREATMENTS NOW ARE GREAT AND IF YOU ARE A NEWLY INFECTED MAN, YOU WILL BE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME, AS LONG AS YOU TAKE YOUR MED/S...GIVE YOUR WIFE SOMETIME TO DIGEST THE NEWS, IF YOU ARE IN SHOCK, IMAGINE HOW SHE IS FEELING...HOPEFULLY SHE WILL BE NEGATIVE, BECAUSE OF YOUR NEW INFECTION...AGAIN, GIVE HER SOME TIME, AND LET'S SEE HOW MUCH SHE LOVES YOU...I ALSO GO TO THE CLEVELAND CLINIC FOR TREATMENT, YOU ARE IN A GOOD PLACE FOR MEDICAL CARE...BEST OF LUCK...PLEAE KEEP US POSTED...YOU WILL BE FINE...HUGS                                                                                             OJO

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 05:50:55 pm »
Thank huys IDK wtf i would do without being able to talk to you guys

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 06:05:23 pm »
How much medication do you get when you start?  Also in a years time how many trips do you have to make to the docs?

Offline FarmBoy

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 06:24:15 pm »
Dan,

You can see the dates of each of my doctor visits in my signature since Dx'd. Once they had all my labs and genotype, my 1st Dr visit they prescribed Truumeq, a single pill treatment. They filled the Rx at the clinic pharmacy and I took my first pill as soon as I could to kill the bastards.  Been 1 pill a day for breakfast since then. If you have good CD4 which you should and no other STIs, that should be it.

They wanted to see me 4 weeks after that 1st visit to check VL and get a couple vaccinations. Since my VL was UD, they scheduled me for 2 months. Just had that appt last week and they took another blood for VL and no CD4. VL was also UD. Since everything is going well they don't want to see me for 4 months now.
7/25/16 - Infected
8/4/16 - Sero-conversion started (flu, then fever, fatigue most of August)
8/29/16 - hospitalized O.N. for dehydration; tested
9/1/16 - Dx'd (confirmed WB 9/2)
9/6/16 - CD4 1395 (15%); VL 275,904; genotyped
10/5/16 - CD4 800 (27%) Started on Triumeq
11/2/16 - CD4 699 (26%); VL <20
1/11/17 - no CD4; VL <20
5/17/17 - CD4 742 (22%); VL <20
11/15/17 - CD4 745 (33%); VL <20
5/16/18 - no CD4; VL <20
11/28/18 - no CD4; VL <20
05/29/19 - no CD4; VL <20
07/01/19 - switched to Dovato
11/20/19 - CD4 835 (32%); VL <20

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 07:06:00 pm »
The crazy thing is now that I know im not crying or anything im in emotional buble but I am reacting better then I ghought for a person about to lose his wife nd everything. I wont let this diagnosis defy me. I really do fear being alone for rest of my life

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 10:33:09 pm »
How much medication do you get when you start?  Also in a years time how many trips do you have to make to the docs?

OJO      HELLO DEAN, LET'S TAKE A STEP AT A TIME, FIRST YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR BLOOD WORK RESULTS. THEN, YOU AND YOUR DOCTOR WILL DECIDE WHAT TREATMENT TO CHOOSE AFTER HAVING SOME MORE BLOOD WORK...IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA, TO START MAKING A LIST WITH ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU ARE MAKING HERE AND WHATEVER OTHER DOUBTS YOU MAY HAVE, SO YOU CAN ASK THE SPECIALIST...YOU CAN READ ABOUT ALL KIND OF INFORMATION ON TREATMENTS ON THE TOP OF THIS PAGE...AGAIN, I KNOW IT'S DIFFICULT WHEN YOU GET AN HIV DX, BUT, IF YOU READ SOME OF THE NEWLY DIAGNOSED PEOPLE ON HERE, YOU WILL SEE THAT IT'S A PROCESS, BUT EVENTUALLY YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO COPE WITH YOUR STATUS...I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR WIFE BLOOD WORK RESULTS, AND SEE IF SHE WILL STICK WITH YOU, WHEN THERE IS LOVE,, IT SOEN'T MATTER IF YOU CHEATED ON HER, SHE WILL FORGET YOU,  BUT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS YOUR PARTNER. JUST GIVE HER SOME TIME AND HER SPACE...BEST OF LUCK...HUGS                                                                                     OJO

Offline newbie2016

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 06:27:25 am »
It doesn't matter that he cheated on his wife? are you kidding, would you forget either way if she was postive or not, i extremely doubt it.
Im disgusted by your comments

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 06:34:36 am »
Newbie it matter it very much matters and I deserve what is happening with me. Hope she tests clean as we haven had sex since day 2 of my exposure and then she can divorce me and move on with her life. Ee will sell the house and I can then try to rebuild the life I destroyed. I am so discusted with myself

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 07:37:49 am »
Dan,

Whatever happens, you need to work through this and that can not be done in a day so don't plan out all this stuff in a day.

Now is not the time to be thinking or doing anything in haste, look give your wife time and than talk to her. I am not saying it will be all okay however you can't predict the future either. One step at a time on that one.

Now as for her status I can understand you want her to test negative (BTW clean is not a word I would use to explain HIV status, I am living with HIV but I am not dirty, I wash)

Jim

It doesn't matter that he cheated on his wife? are you kidding, would you forget either way if she was postive or not, i extremely doubt it.

Look the man cheated on his wife, does not mean this was the source of the infection. Could be the wife could be an old infection we don't know or care as we don't judge.  The cheating aspect is between him and his wife.

We do not judge someones personal story and I there is no benefit for the OP for you to be adding judgment to his story either directly or indirectly. The OP's focus is the road ahead.

If you want to argue with Tonny be my guest but not here, and if you want to feel disgusted go express it somewhere other than this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation 

Jim
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:54:59 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 08:26:12 am »
Thanks Jim. Do you think she is at great risk to HIV because we had unprotected sex 2 days after my exposure and that was the last time. I also apologize for using incorrect words.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:11 am »
No need to apologize I took no offence. Just wanted to point it out as you will need to know this.

Look if you post back in 3 months time that she is convulsively negative it would not surprise me, it would also not surprise me if this infection is an older infection and not from the event that recently took place.

Anyhow no point speculating, it will keep you awake at night and it does not good and will not change the outcome of the testing.

Jim 

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 01:18:55 pm »

ojo      HELLO NEWBIE...I'M SORRY I MAKE YOU FEEL DIASGUSTED...OOPS, THERE IS AN ERROR ON MY REPLY, WHAT I MEANT  IS,, FORGIVE, NO FORGET (SORRY I'M LEGALLY BLIND, MISTYPED)...AND YES, I REALLY  UNDERSTAND THAT IF SHE REALLY LOVES THE OP, SHE MIGHT FORGIVE HIM, EVEN IF SHE WERE TO BECOME POSITIVE, WHICH I DOUBT IT AND I'M CROSSING MY FINGER FOR HER...I'M AN OLD FASHION GUY, WHO BELIEVES IN LOVE.

I DO NOT WANT TO HICKJACK THE OP'S THREAD, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THE FOLLOWING.

I HAD A SEVEN YEARS RELATINSHIP, IN THE BEGINING OF THIS RELATIONSHIP MY EX CHEATED ON ME TWICE, I FORGAVE HIM. WHEN SOMEBODY CHEATS SOMETIMES, IS BECAUSE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG IN THE RELATIONSHIP, SE DISCUSSED IT AND FIXED IT...SOME TIME LATER, I LOST 30 POUNDS, COULD BREATHE, HE TOOK ME TO THE ER, DX, PCP THERE FOR AIDS, I TOLD HIM TO GET CHECKED, EVENTHOUGH WE ALWAYS PRACTICE SAFE SEX (OBVIOUS REASON, HIS CHEATING), HE IS NEGATIVE. WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL, I TOLD HIM TO LEAVE ME AND LOOK FOR SOMEBODY NEGATIVE, THAT THE DOCTOR TOLD ME I WOULD LIVE JUST TWO MORE YEARS, HE TOLD ME, "YOU WILL OUTLIVED ALL OF US, AND NO, WE WILL DEAL WITH THIS TOGETHER, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU", THREE YEARS LATER WE BROKE UP, NO BECAUSE OF HIV, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING I DID AND HE WASN'T HAPPY ANYMORE, SO, BECAUSE OF LOVE, I ASKED HIM TO LEAVE, HE DIDN'T WANT TO, BUT I INSISTED AND HE LEFT.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT LOVE IS LIKE A SWITCH, THAT YOU JUST TURN "ON" AND "OFF"...THE OP'S WIFE MIGHT BE UPSET BECAUSE OF THE CHEATING AND THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING INFECTED, I HOPE, HER RESULTS COME BACK NEGATIVE AND THEN, BOTH OF THE, THE OP AND HIS WIFE, CAN TALK AND DECIDE WHAT IS NEXT FOR THEM.

SORRY FOR THE ERROR AND I HOPE OUR GRAND MODERATOR WANTS TO EDIT MY REPLY BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO CTUCIFY ME...HUGS

PS, IT'S SAD THAT MOST OF MY POSTS I TRY TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE NEWBIES TRYING TO GIVE THEM HOPE AND I DO NOT GET A REPLY BUT, I MADE AN ERROR AND I'M DISGUSTED WITH ME, HOW UNFAIR  ;(                                                                                                                                     OJO               

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 01:24:21 pm »
Dan,

If you want to argue with Tonny be my guest but not here, and if you want to feel disgusted go express it somewhere other than this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation 

Jim

OJO      THANKS JIM...I DON'T THINK NEWBIE2016, WHEN HE SEES MY ERROR, HE WILL CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT ME, IF HE DOESN'T, HE IS ENTITLE TO HIS OPINION...I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT...HUGS                   

Offline Dan1987

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 03:20:40 pm »
I just got a call from Lake Health they are saying that the second test they did on me which is a HIV Qunitative PCR test came back negative and that I am fine. I said CC tested me positive and they said that PCR test is the most accurate test and I have nothing to worry about. I am so lost I have an appt at CC with ID Feb 2nd. WTF do I do.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 04:45:51 pm »
The great news is that it means that you are "negative."  False positives do occur.

Of course, go the appointment February 2, 2017.

In the meantime, go about your life, be assured and glad that you are "negative," practice safe sex, and focus on repairing your relationship with your wife.

Good luck to you!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 05:25:01 pm »
Hi

Indeed do the follow up. Glad to hear you had a negative result in the initial follow-up tests.This is why BTW both Patrick and I were probing what test you had had so far, to confirm diagnosis and limited you to only 1 thread.

Look I wish you well and hope you can make things work with the wife. Some couples counselling might help if your both willing to work on the relationship.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:27:24 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.