Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:54:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #63: Hot Fun in the Summertime!  (Read 45811 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Ladies Thread #63: Hot Fun in the Summertime!
« on: August 07, 2009, 04:39:41 pm »
I'm gonna try to find the link to the song in my head about the summertime, lol!

Got it!  Sly and the Family Stone!  Pretty good for a Metal Head.....   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdOJPmnaeuE

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
Re: Ladies Thread #63: Hot Fun in the Summertime!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 04:45:52 pm »
Hello everyone..just passin thru to say wassup..i hope all is well with everyone!....I am well...still in school, working, etc. etc.  kids drivin me crazy but its all good....
Miss u guys....
Live life to the fullest...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 05:37:51 pm »
Damn, Jamie.  You didn't even give us any words to nibble on.  Nice to hear from ya, though.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 11:49:54 pm »
Hey everyone!

Betty- I am so sorry to hear about the job. I FIRMLY believe that things happen for a reason and you are probably needed somewhere else. Hang in there.

Well I have just be so neglectful to you all and I apologize.  :( I've just been busy trying to enjoy my last couple of weeks of summer break. I have also been hooked on this series of books. Does anyone here watch True Blood on HBO? Well, I haven't seen it yet but I've reading the books that the series is based on and I can't stop. I am on the last one now (there are 9). It's been a long time since I've read a book that I can't put down. I got my friend hooked too LOL!

I skimmed through the previous threads. When I get too far behind it's hard to keep everything straight.

Have a good night everyone! I am off to read in bed....my favorite!  :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 08:15:26 am »
Andrea, I know it's almost time for you to return to school, so I figured you were going wild (just kidding).  My neighbor was telling me about True Blood.  I don't have HBO any longer, or I probably would be hooked on it.  I'm going to try to see if the library here has those books.  I love good novels.  I actually just finished Elizabeth Edward's book called "Resilience."  It's an excellent read.  She's really been through a hell of a lot and I admire her.  I didn't know this, but her breast cancer has metastisized  to her bones.  And she had to bury a 16 year old son years ago.  Not to mention her husband's affair.  She's fighting for health care reform, so people can afford the same quality of care she gets.  She mentioned speaking at an event about it, and afterwards there was a young, single mother who worked full time who went up to her.  She (the mother) whispered in Ms. Edward's ear about having a lump in one of her breasts, but not being able to get it checked out because she doesn't have insurance.  Such a shame in this country, people die because they can't afford something as simple as going to a doctor.  Anyway, I'm going to rant, and it's too early. :)

I have lots to do today.  I want to go to the library to get a couple more books to read, do laundry, and start sorting through stuff in here, to get ready to move.  I hope everything goes alright with that.  I would really be disappointed if something fell through.  Anyway, that's it for me.  You all have a good one.

Oh, thanks, Cin for starting a new thread.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 09:16:05 am »
Hi GFs~

Finally got to sleep in today after dragging myself to work this past week.  Ice is working today so I am going to run some errands.  I need a new purse and I'm sure the sale ones in the stores are cheaper than online.  I also need to buy some more blinds for the rental and a few other things before move-in day.

Ice and I are going to have the final talk with the renter tomorrow to make sure everything is on the table.  I hope it goes well.  He still wants the place, but he's got to know a few certain things before he moves in.  It will be so nice to have extra money to pay down debt -- we have spent so much getting this house ready!

OK, time to shower and get motivated!

~ Cindy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 01:47:01 pm »
Hi Ladies,

I have a favour to ask. When you want one of the ladies threads locked, do NOT use the "report to moderator" link as this causes confusion because ALL the moderators receive the reports, not just me. I had locked the old thread yesterday but another moderator came along and hit the lock button after me, thereby unlocking it. I only noticed the error when doing my routine check of the mod log. I've re-locked it.

Because I always work off the "All Unread" page, I usually notice within a few hours when a new ladies thread has been posted and so it's not normally necessary to give me notice. However, I don't mind getting a PM about it, just to make sure. But to avoid confusion in future, no more mod reports, OK? ;D Thanks.

There's nothing much going on with me lately, that's why I've not been posting here much. My life is really boring at the moment, but no news is good news, eh? A good friend of mine had swine flu recently (she's also poz) and we'd had a couple coffee and chat afternoons just before she got sick, but so far (touch wood) I haven't come down with it myself. I did feel under the weather last weekend and beginning of the week, so I don't know if I had a mild version or was just having a few viral days. Anyway, I'm ok now and so is my mate. She didn't get to the doctor until she felt better, and they told her it was too late for Tamiflu. But the main thing is she got through it, even with being poz. And that's about as exciting as my life gets right now.

Betty, you're getting ready to move? Fantastic! Last I knew, you were in negotiations with the landlord, but I don't remember you saying you'd taken the other place. Hope you enjoy it! Good luck with the move - it's always stressful moving house, even when it's just literally around the corner. Hope your kitty settles in easily and you too, for that matter. ;)

Hello to everyone else!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 06:38:59 pm »
Thanks Ann.  Housing (section 8) said my rent would only go up $8 (my portion).  They still have to do the inspection.  I'm thinking that there may be some plugs that may need to be changed out.  When I got on section 8 here, the landlord had an electrician come in and replace the plugs he had with plugs that have circuit breakers on them.  I don't think the other place has that.  I'm going to call section 8 Monday to make sure that's required of them before I ask my landlord to do anything about it.  So, it's not written in stone yet.  And you know me, until I sign the lease, I won't believe it.  I'm just a Nervous Nellie.  And I'm sure my cat will probably hide the first few days of being there.  She's a worse Nellie than I am. ;D

On a good note, Sotamayor got sworn in today to the Supreme Court here. :)   Also, for some reason, even though I typed an "8" n the 2nd sentence, it shows that emoticon with sunglasses.  It's supposed to be an 8.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 10:13:09 pm »
Hi GFs~

Sorry about the "Report To" Ann, thanks for staying on top of locking our threads.  :)

I PMed Wendy yesterday because its been soooooo long since she has been here.  She is absolutely fine, she says she just hasn't been on here, just taking a break.  At least she's OK, I was worried.

I went to Lowe's, Home Depot, Target and Walmart today to find blinds and kitchen curtains.  You know at a small Walmart a half hour ago I found everything that I couldn't find earlier today?  You would've thought it was Christmas!  I have been trying to find 47" mini blinds for weeks, the cheap kind.  Everything else was fancy, made of wood, $60 each and so on.  I kept hunting today and found one set in white and that was it, didn't want white, I wanted "alabaster" which is off-white.  I bought the one white set and Ice bought one white set for $30 at another Home Depot.  When we went to Walmart tonight, they had 3 sets of alabaster 47" for $15 a piece.  Joy to the world!  Hee hee!

Tomorrow we pressure wash and I get to meet my renter for the first time.  I hope everything goes OK.

~ Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 12:00:54 am »
It's good to hear that Wendy is doing fine and even Wishful popped in. I was chatting with her today thru text messages. I have a few other ladies here on my list too. I can text all day but I try to take it easy on them..... ;)

I'm with Ann. I totally missed that you got the place, Betty. Congrats. At least you're moving right next door. I am excited about my upcoming move. It's the only time I have looked forward to going back home since it will be the last time... ;D

Not much going on with me. Went out to lunch with Papi earlier. Had a banging avacado salad. Picked my son up a card and dropped him a few buck. I sent him money last month and it wasn't that much. But he'll be happy when he gets it. On a sad note, Papi found out today that a friend of his passed. He comitted suicide about 2 days ago. We were going over there because his friend did tattoos. Papi was blown away and I was shocked because we had just talked to him last week.

Oh hell, screen is jumping on me now..Gotta go....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 07:47:06 am »
Queen, my sponsor's son is in prison in Texas, and she sends him money using the computer.  I don't know exactly how she does it, but maybe where your son is they could do that?  I'm just thinking back to the time that the money didn't reach him.  I know how some of those people who work at jails/prisons are-crooked.  Anyway, just a thought.  Because when it's sent on the computer, it automatically gets put on their books.    And I'm very sorry about the friend.  It's such a shock, especially when someone commits suicide.  I am so, so sorry.  I don't go along with people who say "oh, that was so selfish."  Because I know that people who actually take their own lives are in desperate situations.  And to make that decision is a tragic one.  I hope your day goes better today. :-*

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 08:21:11 am »
Queen~  That is surreal that you just saw the guy last week.  Sorry that its a sad time for you and Papi.

BT~  Nervous Nellie, how much bigger is the place?  I know you're excited!

Ice and I are loading up to go to my rental.  Lots of work to do today, so I hope the heat doesn't get me.  Heat index is supposed to reach 100 around here.

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 12:13:41 pm »
Cin, it's a one bedroom, and the one I'm in now is only an efficiency.  So, I'll have a bedroom (yay).  And it has a pretty large living room.  I don't have furniture, other than a rocking chair and a couple folding chairs.  A friend of mine said she would give me her couch, as she's going to buy another one.  It's in good condition, she just has to measure it to make sure it will fit through this door in the front apartment.  If not, there's a charity organization in town that helps people who don't have furniture I'll contact.  One of the people who works there also works at the organization I was just volunteering at, so I may just go in there and bug him. :)    Good luck with the work you're going to be doing.  It's humid here today also, with the heat index reaching 104.  Don't push yourself.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 05:09:31 pm »
Ice and I are dozing on and off watching golf.  We got out this morning at 9am, went to Costo and then he started pressure-washing.  I pulled out the fridge and the power tools to hang some curtain rods.  My renter came over and he seems like a nice guy.  My place is in better shape for him than it was for me.  I should clean more often.  NOT.  LOL  I cleaned out the oven and my back was toast.  It was a quick day.  The heat index here is 99 right now but the worst is over as far as being outdoors.

I just hicupped and scared the heck outta Cheech, lmao.  Scared myself, too.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:53:59 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »
Hey everyone!

I'm glad to hear that Wendy is ok. It has been a while.

Betty- I must have missed the moving part too. What a pain, but exciting too!  :)

Cindy- You will probably feel so good when the renter gets in there and you're done cleaning.

Queen- Sounds like you're enjoying New York.  ;D

Well, nothing is going on with me and I am soooo bored! I am halfway through my last book of the Sookie Stackhouse series and I am dragging it out. I had my yearly pap and blood work done last week and I got a call from the doctor who wants me to make another appointment...great.

That's about all. Have a good night everyone!

Andrea

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 07:33:28 pm »
Evening----

Ok, let me start off with viv's post about True Blood on HBO. I meant to chime in about that on my last post. Viv, I never read the books but the show is pretty good. But I have a thing for vamps. I like it because it shows for a change vampires living in the open among us mere mortals. You don't see that  often but has happened in Blade, I think, Angel, and Buffy. And I just love Lafayette, the gay black man. If you have HBO you should check it out. It comes on tonight at 9.

Moving on...My PS3 stopped working. We had to go to 3 stores before we found one identical to mine. We even called the place and they would exchange it. Once we got there and I told the man a game was stuck in it. He changed his story and didn't want to do anything. Papi's son-in-law works for a GameStop. He told us since it was under 30 days we could exchange it. I tried to explain this to the man. Even had the manager from son-in-laws store call the store and spoke to the man. He still was being stubborn. And while this is going on, Papi is naturally showing his ass in the store....*insert drama*..So much so the police was called. I understood his frustration considering he bought it for me and I know how much he spent. During that time I was trying to calm Papi down which was not working and smoking mad cigarettes. After all the drama was over, we got the new PS3 and the police left. Needless to say as soon as I got in the door, I rolled one... :o

Damn, this jumping screen thing is getting on my last nerve... >:(

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 10:19:11 pm »
Hi GFs
Queen, what a bummer! I hate when that happens. When someting doesn't work the store should just take it back and give you another one. We the consumer should not be pt out they should be bending over backwards for our business.

Cindy, good luck on the rental hope all goes well.  Can you come over and clean my oven it really needs it (yuk!). I hope no one opens it when I am showing the house.  Guess I should break down and clean it next weekend and purge the cupboards again. I am not sure how I get so much junk.

Still no tv, it has been out since a little after 7 when a storm went through. I guess I should be glad I can use my computer. I guess I will go to bed and read for a while. Good night all. Mary

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 12:07:44 am »
BT- Congrats on getting the new apartment, 8 bucks is not bad.  That will be nice to have the change.

Moon- So what did you end up getting for a purse? Nice job on the title.  Have you decided on the veteran?

Wish- Nice to see you, glad to hear you and the kids are doing well.

HI Wendy!

Ann- Wow, that is good your friend got over the swine flu with no problems AND that you didn't get it.  Boring is nice, sometimes.

Queen- WooooHOO, sounds like you had an interesting afternoon, your SO sounds like mine. I can totally do without the drama. Thank goodness they came to thier senses and gave you another one.

Keeping- I hope you are doing well and the kids are enjoying school.

Missy- Got any books you want to catch up on? ;D

I got to go down to Boston for the day yesterday and meet up the AMG-ers for awhile.  I had a great time, meeting everyone and going on the scavenger hunt. It was so great to put names to faces, everybody was very kind and down to earth and lots of fun.  My oldest turned 11 today so we went to my Dad's and had a cookout, I can't believe how fast time has gone. The way he is growing he will be taller than me next year.

Hope everyone has a good night!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 12:24:13 am »
Hi ladies,

Queen, that sucks about the PS3. I'd be pissed too. At least you did get a new one. I'm still on the PS2 and have been thinking about hooking it up again. My BF and I really like Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven. I used to play the Grand Theft Auto but I played too much and would then dream about it at night, lol. Anyway, I hope your having fun.

Vivyt, I hope your appointment goes ok. You must be worried though. I had some issues a few years back. Now I make sure I don't miss my yearly. For a while I had to go to the gyno every three months. You stop being shy about stuff like that when you go that often, lol. Goodluck!

Betty, I hope the new apartment works out for you. Have fun making it homey.

Cindy, Good luck with the rental. It sounds like quite the process.

Snow, you posted right before I did. That is so wonderful that you were able to pop in to the AMG. I think about it every year. I'm glad that you had fun.

Not much going on with me. It was so hot here today and it's supposed to be over 100 the next couple of days. I'm watching the Joan Rivers Roast on Comedy Central tonight. Some of it's pretty funny. Well, you all have a good night.

P.S. When are they going to fix this jumping thing??????
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 09:06:39 am »
Morning all,

Cin, good luck finalizing everything.

Andrea, now I'm a bit worried that your doctor wants to see you again, after the problems you've had.  Please let us know what's going on.

Queen, I agree with the other ladies.  They should've exchanged your PS3 with no problems.  That's ridiculous.  Glad no one got arrested, though.

Mary, did your t.v. ever come back on?

Snow, AMG sounds like a lot of fun.  I'd like to go some year.  And tell your son a belated happy birthday.

Holly, it's been hot here as well.  Yesterday, with the heat index, it felt like 104.  And today it's supposed to be hot and humid again.

Well, I think the drain's backing up in the shower.  Every time I flush, I hear a gurgle.  And that's what always happens.  So, after I shower (provided it doesn't back up before then) I'm calling the landlord.  He usually gets people (plumbers)  over here pretty quickly.  Other than that, I have a little shopping I have to do, and more sorting.  Just so everyone's on the same page, I haven't moved into the apartment yet.  Section 8 hasn't even done the inspection yet.  So, just waiting on them to send the papers to the landlord so he can fill them out and send them back, and the inspection.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 12:04:08 pm »
I swear I forget stuff.....To answer your question about my son and the sending the money online, Betty. Yeah, it's called JPay and when he was in prison I did that. But where he is now they don't use JPay. So it has to go through the mail. I tried to send him 50 bucks again. I told him to let me know when he gets it.

HollyStar---I have heard of that game. My games are anything with zombies in it or something similiar. I collect the Resident Evil games. Right now I have Resident Evil Nemesis, Code Veronica, Outbreak,  Part 4 and the most recent Part 5. It's hard to find the earlier games. I have tried on Ebay but folks is always outbidding me or they get over on the price. I also have Dead Space The Sims, The Godfather and Scarface. Did I mention that I also play Warcraft. Yep, I am a gamer. I haven't played  GTA in awhile but liked it. I like the music they have on it. A lot of old school.

Snow---Yeah, I could do without the drama too but in this case it was necessary. Papi spent damn near 500 bucks getting me that system. And the guy was basically saying we were  S.O.L. or we'd have to buy another one. What have I learned in all thiis? Don't piss Papi off, his temper is worse than mine... :D

Here goes the dancing screen again. How do you fix this again?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 12:40:35 pm »
How I got it to quit jumping, is to go under the page link on the right hand top side of the screen, and click on the "compatibility view."  Someone had put that in another thread in off topic, and it seemed to work for me.   Anyway Queen, I hope your son gets the money.

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 02:45:58 pm »
Hi ladies,

Queen, it sounds like you do have quite the collection. I have the Sims Castaway but it takes forever to play. And I knew that the PS3 was pricey but I didn't know it was that much. I'm sure you will put it to good use. I'm more of a computer gamer. I really like The Age of Empires 3, Diablo 2 online games, but my computer won't play them anymore.

Betty, I hope you get a plumber over there asap. I'll cross my fingers for you that the inspection goes well and you get the apartment.

It is already pretty warm out today and I have to go out in this weather, ugggggg. I'm also having to figure out some stuff with my insurance. I made a lot more money this month and it's going to mess with my coverage. I got a wholesaler's permit because the only way I could sell what I wanted was to get this permit and fill out a W-9 form. Anyway, I thought maybe I could spread the amount over several months, so my coverage wouldn't lapse but a lady I talked to today at an HIV/AIDS organization advised me that I should report it all and explain to my case worker that this is a one time thing. It's a good thing me and my BF had a ton of bills to pay, so that should help too. Anyway, I just hope I didn't screw myself by making this money. I hate dealing with all this insurance stuff. If I get a co-pay, there is no way that I could pay it. I'm supposed to get my labs this week and start my new regimen. So, not sure what my case worker is going to think about all this.

Well, you all have a nice day.

Update: I talked to my case worker today and she said that my benefits wouldn't change until I need to re-up in December, so that's good. I need to send her proof of everything and I was looking at my wholesale permit application and realized I didn't write my mailing address on it! So, obviously I won't be getting the permit until I can figure out how to correct this. GRRR!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:13:27 pm by HollyStar »

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 08:05:43 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am so tired.  Ice is at an AA meeting so I showered and took off my toenail polish.  Too much work, lol.  

I did decide on the veteran guy for the place, so hopefully he'll take care of it.  Yes, Mary, cleaning the oven killed my knees and my back, but thank goodness for Easy Off!  Spray and go do something for at least 2 hours, come back and its easy to wipe up.  I got bold and nearly asphixiated myself spraying the oven racks over the sink!   :o  I waited 10 minutes, put on the yellow rubber gloves, got some Joy dishsoap (works wonders) and an SOS pad.  The oven looks great now except its a mustard yellow color, circa 1983.   ;D  If ain't broken, don't fix it, lol.

Cheech is having a hard time today.  His eyes are super red and the heat is killer here right now.  His arthritis is getting worse, he has to lay down very slowly.  It breaks my heart.  I keep saying I need to get the name of an emergency vet here in my new town, just in case, but I don't want to face the facts, you know.  Some days Cheech is zipping up and down the fenceline at the speed of light and other times he goes snap, crackle, pop when he walks cause his joints are stiff.

Sorry I am getting somber and teary-eyed, dammit.  August 21st is looming and this shit messes with me every year, although this year I made it until 11 days out without crying.  August 21st, 1996 is the day Dave died of AIDS.  I had to keep that horrible secret to myself for years, with no one to talk to, with no one to really fully understand what his death meant.  They all thought it was cancer, that's what his parents and I told them.

I need to vent for just a few more minutes.  My townhouse that I am getting ready to rent still has his name on the title, the old dog who has been faithfully by my side for 15-1/2 years was picked out at the shelter with Dave.  The things I've been throwing away this summer were from my life with Dave.  Sure, I've held on to many precious special items, but dammit, there is so much change going on right now.  The house isn't for me to live in any more and when the dog goes -- I don't even have to tell you all about that day.  I already lost one dog a few years ago and it broke my heart.

I know I'll get through everything, but I hold so much in that it always wells up from nowhere like this.  Usually at this time of year.  Thank God for Iceman, and thank you, my GFs for listening.  I'll be OK, I just needed to vent tonight, and I know that no one can understand my life better than you ladies.  So, thank you.  Say a prayer for me.  I'm gonna look like a puffed-out blowfish in the morning from these tears.  (lol)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:47:42 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 09:25:02 pm »
Moon- Sorry to hear that Cheech isn't feeling so well, I know this time of year must be really hard and I can't imagine how it feels rent the place out that you both lived in.  My uncle is a vet and he told my mother to give her dog a OTC people medicine, when she got creaky, I can ask what it was if you want.

Viv- I must have missed your post about going back to the doc.  I hope everything goes well, I will be thinking of you.

Mini and family, Sheri and the girls and Jan- I hope you all made it home safe and sound.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 11:27:45 am »
Morning all,

Holly, I would think that with your caseworker, that your insurance is kind of month-to-month, isn't it?  I mean, if you went over one month, and the next month didn't, wouldn't she adjust that?  I know here they would.  Although, that's with my kind of Medicaid.  Here in Indiana, there's either 6 or 7 different kinds of Medicaid, so it's all screwed up.  Anyway, good luck with that, and let us know what comes out.

Cin, I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now.  When my first husband died, even though he was a jackass, there were still some very raw feelings.  We had been together since I was 16 (other than when I broke up with him when I stripped), and I was 24 when he died.  And it was unexpected.  I never knew he had Aids until awhile after his death.  But, I do remember feeling like I was never going to be alright again.  Of course, I was.  When emotional times of the year creep up, I just remember I'll get through it, it'll pass etc., even if those sayings don't help at the time.  We're here.  I understand how you feel, though I'm sure yours and Dave's relationship was better than mine and Oscar's.  I know it's still emotional, nonetheless.  Even when I remember my mum, I smile sometimes through the tears when I remember something really good, or funny.  And I'm sorry about Cheech.  I knew he was older.  I know you'll keep him as happy as he can possibly be; you're a good "doggy mama."  I'm thinking about you, know that.

Snow, what's going on with you? 

Well, today I went and got the voucher from housing.  Which means, once my landlord gets done filling out the packet the lady at section 8 gave me, I'm going to take that back and they'll schedule the inspection.  Then I can move.  I guess I better get my ass in gear and finish cleaning out the rest of the place. 

Did I tell you all our garbage cans caught on fire Saturday night?  I was putting something in the recycle reciptible, glanced out towards the alley, and saw flames. :o   I tried to get the fire extinguisher off its hook, and couldn't.  So, I kept taking pans of water out and put it out.  Luckily it didn't spread, because my car is not too far from the cans.  Anyways, it melted one, and put a big hole in another.  I'm not sure what caused it.  I'm thinking maybe someone was walking down the alley, and maybe flicked a cigarette or something.  I remember when I smoked, how I would take a cigarette I had finished smoking, and flick it out of my fingers if I was outside.   Which was not good, and I believe I saw evidence of that.  Anyway, I guess that was my excitement for the weekend.  You all have a good one.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 12:09:44 pm »
Hey everyone!

Cindy- You and Cheech are in my thoughts

Betty- Trash cans on fire! What in the world? I'm glad everything was ok.

Hello to Holly, Snow, and Queen!

I go to the doctor on Wednesday to go over my bloodwork. My gyn. wanted to do a check on everything. I hate not knowing what the deal is. The nurse said it was nothing to be to concerned about but then I think, why would I have to make a separate appointment to come in to talk about it? Oh well....par for the course I guess.

I don't have any plans today. Talk to you later!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 01:34:39 pm »
Just a quick post since Papi and I are going out in a few. I am now on a diet and started working out with an ab machine that Papi bought. It really makes doing crunches a lot easier. I need to get rid of this stomach which seems to have started because of 3 c-sections when I had my kids. Not sure if my meds are adding to it but enough is enough, it has to go!!!!!

Fire Marshall Betty.....*lol* Glad you noticed the fire and was able to put it out. Just imagine if you hadn't caught it.

Cindy--- I feel for you, gf. I have never lost anyone to AIDS but me and Papi have talked about it. Though I really don't like to think about it. He thinks he will be the one to pass first since he is older and has issues with his liver. But he is a gym rat so I always tell him it will be me. I also tell him we have better things to do than think of our inpending death. This too shall pass for you as you well know. And there is nothing wrong with shedding tears for the man and dog you loved so much. I will be thinking of you and checking up on you.

I will fix this jumpoing screen later. It seems to happene after I write a couple of paragraphs. I'll check back in later....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 01:55:37 pm »
HI GF'S   how are you? a big welcome to Holly!
Betty- happy about your move, a change is good. Sorry about your problems with sealing your records, I understand what you are going through,my dh has a record for armed robbery and he did 10 years! he is a recovering addict, The reason he served so much time was because he was a repeat offender,After his gf told him she had aids he fliped and didn't care anymore. , she has longsince died. When he moved here he was nervous about his crimainal background check, his records are not suppose to show up after ten years, or something like that, anyway he got his job and everything worked out, guess it didn't show up when they checked. Get this, my dh is up for a promotion, he was excited untill he found out, his coworker, whom he confided in about his past, told management he served  10 yrs.prison time !!!! >:(
His friend and supervisor told him what happen, so now he is worried he won't get the promotion ! He is so angry, but I told him not to trust people and tell them your business. My hubby has been stressed out since and its takinga toll on his health, his blood pressure has been high and his blood sugar is high and low , off the charts!!! i am trying to get him to go to the doctor, but he won't. He is so stubborn, September his medical insurance kicks in, and I hope we can hold on till then,last nite his blood sugar dropped to 55 !! this morning it was high as 500 !!! he is a walking time bomb, i don't know what to do, please say a prayer for us. he keeps saying he is fine. he has no insurance and doesn't want to go to the emergency room, last time he went we got a bill for 6,000. dollars!!! But he does have a clinic he goes to that  monitors his diabeties, but he won't go.
Well enough venting, I am glad you all are here, I don't know what I would do without you.
Queen- so happy things are going well and your getting spoiled, I know the feeling.
I watch True Blood aand it is addicting !
I  have been reading a lot of good books, lately, and keeping busy with my crocheting. I am making an afghan for my brother in law with some yarn my brother sent me a while ago, my late brothers partner, Bernie,  is still having a hard time with my brothers death, They have been together over 30 + years it has been April since he passed.My heart goes out to you all who have lost loved ones. I dream of him often, doesn't seem like he's gone, his dog Gertrude,  a houndog, refuses to sleep in the bed, he slept in with my brother and waits at the window in the living room for him, thinking he's coming back home. This is remarkable!
Well lots of love to you all, glad Wendy is ok, Where is Tendai ???
Queen I see you  on here with me! I need an ab lounger!!! how nice , I need to geth ride of my gut also, I have lost weight everywhere but there!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 02:07:00 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »
Hi ladies,

Netta, thank you for the welcome. My brother has diabetes. He was diagnosed with in when he was about 9 years old. Just several years ago, he was pretty broke and couldn't afford test strips, so he would guess on how much insulin he needed. My Mom and I went in halves to buy him some, he got so mad! I have seen him when is really low before and it was scary. Thank goodness he is married to a nurse. I hate it when men are so stubborn, especially when it jeopardises their health. I feel for you and I hope he sees reason and goes to the doctor for this.

Betty, thank goodness you looked when you did and saw the flames. That must have been scary. Has the local fire department made you an honorary member of the force yet? lol. I nearly started my car on fire once by putting a cigarette out in a really full ashtray. When I came out of the store, you couldn't even see inside the car it was so smokey. Yikes.

Well, I think the insurance thing is going to work out. I have county medical service provider (CMSP) insurance. So, I think it works a bit different than other programs. It's for low-income people and since I'm not receiving food stamps right now, I only have to reapply every six months (unless something changes). Anyway, the worker said that she can't adjust my share-of-cost (which is zero at this point) until I need to reapply in December. I also called the State Board of Equalization and they are going to fix my mistake on the Seller's Permit, Yay!

Does anyone go to the allrecipes.com site? I'm totally addicted. I haven't made as many of the recipes as I have saved but it's a really good site. I've been hankering for some Mexican food lately and it's hard to find authentic recipes sometimes. I just can't use my oven because it is way too hot. So, I'll have to experiment with other methods.

Well, that's it for now. You all have a nice day.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 08:48:32 pm »
Betty, when do you move?  I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Cindy, thanks for letting us know about Wendy.  I'm glad she's doing OK and understand about her needing a break.  Congrats on finalizing the renter - big load off your shoulders, I know.

Snow, now that I've seen you in person, your avatar does NOT do you justice.  Don't let her fool you ladies, she is beautiful inside and out.  Her laugh is infectious, her heart is genuine, and she has good taste in names (her oldest and my oldest have the same name ;D)  Meeting you was one of the highlights of my week.  During the scavenger hunt, Snow, Sheri, me, and Jan were on the same team (with a couple of guys).  We won first place for best picture - it was of our BUTTS!  What does that mean?  That our butts were cuter than everyone else's faces! ;D :P ::)

Hubby got accepted to school.  He has to go Thursday to finalize everything - school starts in 2wks.  I'd be lying if I said I was excited.  Truth is I'm scared silly.  He's been working out of the home for 5yrs now he's going to be gone 5 days a week for the next 2yrs.  I keep having flashbacks of when he worked 60 hours a week with a 10hr / wk commute.  All the appointments with the kids, soccer practice, games, yadda, yadda.  We weren't really a family - he was never home.  I was a single mom of 6 babies. Of course I'm not telling him that.  I'm being extremely supportive.  I can do just about anything for 2yrs.  I know in the end it will be worth it.  I bought him several "encouragement" cards so I can stick them in his backpack during the school year when things get rough.  I also bought him a new backpack and funky school supplies.  I'll give it to him on the first day of school along with his favorite breakfast.  Then I'll hide in the bathroom and cry.

Tomorrow we're going to pick up our new floor.  It has to sit in the room for 5 days before we can put it down.  The place we're getting it is a 2hr drive.  But, there is a big 2-story mall.  After we get the floor, we'll take the kids and let them walk around, have lunch and come home.  It's not 9pm and I'm ready go to bed.  Hope you all are having a great week.  Tomorrow is hump day - go find something to hump ;D.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 09:13:05 pm »
Hi GFs~

A quick post cause I am beat.  Thanks for the kind words, I was feeling down in the dumps last night.

Queen~  Thanks for checking on me, GF.

Betty~ I know you can relate.  Dave wasn't a bad husband but the fact that he knowingly passed the virus to me makes things so confusing, even still.  I'm torn sometimes with the good guy, bad guy thing.

Snow~ So glad you got to meet Mum and Min at AMG!  I'm sorry I couldn't make it.  BTW, if you DO think of it, ask what that OTC doggie medicine is for arthritis.  I had Cheech on a glucosamine condroitin thing, but it really upset his belly.  He was on it in May and our carpet paid the price.  Plus it was very expensive as well.

Mum~  So glad you got to go to AMG and meet Snow!  I would probably cry tears of joy if I ever met any of you GFs inperson.  We have all become so close here.

OK, too tired to think.  Trying to coordinate a housing inspection, hopefully this week.  My renter called and got most of his security deposit together, so things are looking good.  Fingers crossed.  You know someone else even called about the place today and I haven't run the ad in over a week?  :)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:08:12 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 09:27:07 pm »
Just chiming here. Netta, I know what you mean about your hubby being stubborn about his health. My father was the same way. Sometimes I think they would've caught his cancer in time if he hadn't been. When hubby sugar crashes, you do keep sweet stuff around for him I assume. It amazed me to read his sugar went from 55 one night to 500 the next day, WOW. Mine usually spikes when I get the munchies and trying to eat everything in sight..*lol* But even then, the highest mine has been is in the 300's.

I am a little concerned because I got an email from FAFSA saying that stuff had changed with my application and it has it for the 2009-2010 school year. The thing is that I haven't applied for school since last year when I was denied because of past student loans. I am wondering if I got the email because my student loans went out of default....*paging Betty* Or anyone else who is up on student loans and FAFSA. It's making me wonder if someone is going to school using my info. I know that is not possible but something is not right. I don't plan on applying for another school until I get situated in NY.

Other than that another hot as hades day....I've been sweating so much I know I had to lose some weight. :-\ I still am hoping one day to show up at an AMG. There is so many people I would love to meet. Cindy, you know I was going to check on you. You had me worried there. I am going to run now, Warcraft is calling me...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 10:19:42 pm »
Hi Gfs, just came home from a meeting so I thought I would unwind and catch up with everyone.

Mum I am so glad you had a nice holiday with the hubby. It sounds like you and snow had a great opportunity to meet and get to know each other at AMG So how was the meeting and what do they do there,, and was it worth the trip? As for hubby and school, I guess I never put the shoe one the other foot. When I went to school my first husband (fh) was at home, we used to fight all the time about me going but I knew if I wanted to better myself I had to do it. I guess it is kind of lonely.  Now Jim , that was my late husband, he was so supportive like you. When the weekend rolled around he would ask me if I had homework if I said yes, he would say we not going out till you get it done. I used to chuckle because he was just the opposite of my fh. I can only say hang in there it will pay off. Good luck with the new floor.

Betty, when do you move?  I'm glad everything  is working out.

Cindy, I am glad you picked the renter, the vet sounds like he really wants it.  My sh was a Vietnam Vet, sometimes they just need a break in life.  God willing, everything will work out with him.
I can understand how you are felling about Dave, I miss Jim too in September, it will be one year.  He was the apple of my eye, my sole mate. No one can match the twinkle he had in his eyes when he smiled that shit eaten grin. Now I am getting teary eyed., love you gf you are in my prayers.

Well I better run its after 10 and I have to get some things done before I go to bed and I have to work tomorrow.  Have a great evening all.  Mary

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 01:00:41 am »
BT- That is nuts, thank goodness you saw the fire.  I always wonder if I will be able to make a fire extinquisher work, you landlord will have to replace that one if it isn't working. I haven't been up to much, my oldest has football practice everyday for a couple of hours and then I just try to clean and keep the kids occupied.

Queen- Let me know if the ab machine works and which one you got, I need to get rid of my 3some belly.

Holly- I love to check out the recipes sites. Mum knows a lot of good recipes, maybe she has a mexican one up her sleeve.

Mum- Your so sweet, thank you for your kind words.  I feel the same way about you, I am so glad we could finally meet. Mim is such a cutie pie. I am watching that book you and Hubby told me about on ebay, I think the auction is going to end tomorrow, so hopefully I will get it soon and start on my rugrats. Congrats to your hubby for getting into school, that is exciting. I feel like I have been taking care of my gang by myself forever so I am here for you, if and when you need to vent.  I was kicking my own ass on the way home for not getting you and Sheri's #'s before I left so I would know if you made it to the hotels OK.

Moon- I will call my Dad tomorrow and ask for you, hopefully it is something different than what you tried already.

Missy- I just went to AMG for the day but I thought it was totally worth it. I wish I could have stayed longer, everyone was very nice and welcoming.

I took the kids to see the Harry Potter movie tonight, we just got home at midnight. The movie was good, makes me want to read the last book again. I hope everyone has a good night!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 07:00:10 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, I really hope the doctor has some good news from you for a change.  I'll be anxious, as I know you will be, to find out what's going on.

Queen, I'm not really sure why you got that e-mail from FAFSA.  Did you get ahold of the student loan companies to forgive your loans?  If you did, and it went through, that may have been what changed the info.  If not, I would call the FAFSA 800 number (it should be in the e-mail or I believe it's also on their site), or the school you applied to and find out if they've received anything.  That's very interesting.  Please let me know what you find out, I'm curious.    And an ab machine?  Wow, that's what I need.  My gut used to be a tennis ball, then volley ball, now it's  basketball.  Let me know how that works for you.  I always wondered about those.

Netta, wow, that's a huge difference in blood sugar in one day, I agree with Queen.  I don't like it when my sugar gets too low; it can be scarey.  I hope he gives in and goes to see his doctor.  And I think that really sucks about that guy telling your husband's business.  You're right, you can't trust people, especially ones you don't know well.  I have one friend I tell just about everything to.  But I'm pretty choosey about what I tell everyone else.  I can kind of gauge how much I can trust people.  Anyway, tell your husband to hang in there.  Maybe if he went to a meeting (AA) and talked a bit about it it would help him. 

Holly, glad to hear about your insurance working out.  We're people who can't afford to be without it.

Mum, welcome back!  I know it's got to be stressful about hubby going back to school.  Vent here anytime.

Cin, maybe your husband was in denial about having the virus.  Oscar (my #1 ex) probably didn't even know, he was drunk so much of the time.  And maybe your husband thought the test was wrong.  Did he ever tell you he was sorry?

Mary, hopefully next weekend I'll be able to move.  My best gay friend said he'll help me.

Snow, would you believe I've never seen one of the Harry Potter movies?  I'm sure I would like them.  Maybe I'm afraid of getting addicted to another series-that's how it's been with The Wire and The Sopranos. 

I'm up early so I can take the forms the school needs so I can get the loans to cover school/books.  My doctor filled out the one he needed to yesterday.  Oh, that's another thing, Queen.  Once you get loans forgiven, to get anymore, usually there's a form your doctor has to fill out about you being able to work in the future.  Anyway, so I'm going to do that and take the packet my landlord filled out to housing.  Like I was telling Mary, hopefully everything will be in place for next weekend for the move.  It's not like I have tons of stuff, and I'm only moving to the front apartment.  I'm going to get some more stuff sorted today (that's what I plan on now anyway). 

Well, I've got stuff to do, so I'm gonna run.  You all have a good one.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 09:42:32 am »
BT- It took me a long time to get interested in Harry Potter at all. I read the books and got interested in the movies.  The authors story is kind of amazing to me.  I wish I could write some HIV chronicles, make billions, then none of us would ever have to worry about where our next dose is coming from.

I don't know if I will be able to be on much in the next few weeks.  I got a text around 2 in the morning that one of the girls I used to work with might need a place to stay.  Although, with all these kids, she might stay a few nights and want to escape. LOL.  It might be a good thing though, maybe my SO will fix the things I have been asking to get fixed for months  ;D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 08:21:07 pm »
Hi GFs~

BT~  Yes, my late husband was in denial.  He tested pos at a point when I wasn't in his life and he was only 20 years old.  Four years later we started dating again.  We had dated in HS from age 14-17 and then he moved.  I went to college and called him out of the blue when I was 21.  By the time I was 22 he was mine again.  By the time I was 23 I had sero-converted.  He never mentioned having the virus.  I know he was so ashamed and scared, so it was definitely denial.  I think of how close I was to saving him.... but I can't dwell on that.  I only say that because the PIs came out just as he died, I went on them the following month.  If he had a higher CD4 a few months prior, he might have been able to tolerate the PIs.  :(  I'll never know, but I know I did all I could.

Mary~  I'm so sorry about your husband.  I know this must be a surreal time of year for you, approaching the first anniversary.  It will be tough, but it will make you stronger.  Its amazing the stages of grief we go through, even over years' time, not just weeks or months.  I wish I had had this website back then. 

Andrea~  I'm curious too, as to why you have to go back to the GYN in person.  Maybe they are just being extra careful because you're pos?  I have found over the years that many docs are extra careful with our diagnosis.  Please let us know what's going on.

Queen~  When can you come down and visit, lol?  You're getting closer, kinda.  ;)

I have my housing inspection tomorrow.  I'm hoping I don't have to do anything to pass it.  I bought an extra smoke alarm just in case.   ;D  Time to start planning a Hello Kitty themed birthday party for Ice's youngest, lmao.  It should be fun!

~ Cindy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 08:42:24 pm »
Moon-I called my Dad and it was the same thing that you had mentioned.  I had it mixed up he takes what my uncle gives the dogs and it seems to work well with him? Sorry :-\

Offline vivyt

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:47 pm »
Good evening ladies.  :)

I got the blood work results from the doctor. She just wanted to go over everything rather than just put it in the mail. Cindy, she is extra careful and really makes sure she goes over and beyond with me because of the HIV. She is really good and I wish she was my ID doctor instead of just my gynecologist. Anyways...she is VERY concerned because I am extremely anemic. I am 3 numbers away a transfusion. She wants me to talk to my ID doc and find out if it is related to the HIV. Also, for the first time in my life my cholesterol and triglycerides are high. The cholesterol could be because of the weight I have gained and I need to lose about 30lbs so I'm hoping that is it. That's really all. I go to see my ID dr. on Friday to get my new numbers. Today I tried to find another doctor but it is difficult. I only want one that is board certified, you'd be surprised how many are not, and the ones I called had very limited office hours or were not accepting new patients. I guess I'll have to expand my search.

So that's all.  ;D

Talk to you tomorrow!
Andrea

Offline minismom

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 10:12:37 pm »
My daily plans always go perfectly - as long as I'm still laying in my bed mapping them all out.  The second my feet hit the floor, they all tend to go to crap.  Well, not always.  Sometimes, it takes a little longer - just long enough to get me to lower my guard.

We left on our 2 hr. trip to the state capital in a slight drizzle.  We thought nothing about it.  After all, the big mall we were going to has a covered parking garage.  Anyway, that part of the trip was non-eventful and kind of ho-hum. 

Fast forward to the second part of our journey - the part where we pick up our new hardwood flooring - that doesn't fit in our car. Still, not a problem.  Hubby had enough forethought to pack the tie-downs.  We hoisted 6 of the boxes to the top of the car, satisfied that they would've fall off going down the highway.  The 7th box we opened and piled the pieces in the back - most of which fell and landed on my head.  Big knot, little blood, couldn't get much worse, right?  Come on, it's me.  It got worse.

Driving down the highway at a 70mph clip, it started to sprinkle.  Then came the thunder and lightening.  Then the hail.  Our hearts stopped.  Our brand new hardwood planks getting soaked, warped, ruined.  From the back seat, our boys started yelling, "Cardboard!".  Yep, the cardboard boxes, drenched, were falling apart and leaving a nasty trail behind us.  We had to stop - but there was no where.  We abandoned common sense in the name of saving our purchase.  Out in the hail we went.  Drenched and pounded, Hubby decided to leave the boxes on top of the car. 

We found an exit that advertised several gas stations.  Finally!  Not quite.  Yes there were gas stations - 9.9 miles off the exit.  Back to the interstate.  A growing cardboard trail.  7 miles later, another exit with another set of gas stations.  Breath held, we got off.  A wonderful sight emerged - gas station with covered pumps. 

Long story short (or am I too late for that promise?)  45 minutes later, we'd broken down 6 boxes and piled the planks in the car.  Took some rearranged seating of the kids, but we figured it out well enough.  Happy that only a few boards were wet, we set off again.

For the next 118 miles, not one drop of rain fell.

Mum (who should've opted for a darker shirt)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:16:11 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline minismom

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 10:20:20 pm »
Andrea, you posted the same time I did.  Sorry to hear about your numbers.  I'm glad your OB caught it, though.  Mim was on iron for a quite a while because she was enemic.  I hope they are able to get your iron under control before the need arises for a transfusion.  Although, a transfusion may "jump start" your system.  My grandma has had quite a few because of low iron.  Not saying your are as old as my grandma ;)  This may also explain why you've been so tired.  I sure hope they can get things worked out before you have to go back to work.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline missy

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51:20 pm »
Hi Gfs,
Andrea, with the cholesterol and triglycerides some of the meds we take (Atripla for sure) can cause them to go up.  My ID doc has mine tested everytime I have to go for blood tests  (every 4 months).
I hope your feeling better and get this all straightened out.

Cindy, My 2nd husband did not know he was positive when we started dating, so when I sero-converted
6 months latter and almost died (I was in the hospital for weeks because they never tested me for HIV…I didn’t fit the profile, what ever the hell that is!. He stuck by me even though he still did not know he was positive. He came to the hospital every day to see me. Not to much later, he had PCP pneumonia and was hospitalized. I was there when they told him he was Poz too. At that point we just hugged each other and said it didn’t matter you got it first. I didn’t know till latter as I read this web site that he was the one who shared it with me. But I still don’t love him any less and miss him every day. This was our little secret. only my son and sister knew about it. It’s not something you can share with your friends (?) and co-workers. I thank god every day for all of you because I feel Like I can say what is on my mind I and in my heart. Thank you all so much.

Tonight I went out with my girlfriends, to the VFW it is ladies night on Wednesday we had a great time just caught up and talked and had a few drinks. My Shitzu Keegan was barking at the door so I got up to check it is a big moth (yuk!) I got the fly swatter, but oops I missed it. Oh well it will show up again.

I have an appointment at the ID doc on Friday I had to get my blood tested last week (5 tubes), God I hate it, my veins do not give up blood easily so it hurts so much. I guess I am just a wimp! Went to the Gym today but I think I countered it with all the mudslides. But I had a good time...talk to you later and take care. of that foot. Mary

Ps Mum sorry about the rain and flooring hope everything turns out ok.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 11:26:46 pm »
Geezo, Mum! What a day you had, it figures it would pour when you have planks on the roof.  How is your head feeling? I am glad you all made it home OK, sounds like a crazy day.  How is Susie doing? ;D

Missy- Sounds like you had a fun night out, your dog sounds cute barking at a moth. I have a little terrier and a pit and the terrier barks at anything, which gets the pit going, drives me nuts.

Viv-I was having problems with my cholesterol too and that was one of the reasons I was switched to Atripla.  I started taking long walks and trying to get some exercise and I got it back down. I wish my ID doc was like your OB too.  The only thing my ID doc does when I go in for my results is weigh me, tell me I am undetectable, to get some exercise and that I will live to be old.  My first ID doc, felt my lymph nodes, checked my legs, felt my stomach, asked me a bunch of questions, I don't get any of that anymore.  I hope if they decide to put you on iron it helps out.

I cleaned the bathroom, the kitchen floor and a wall in the hallway today.  I want to paint again before winter. My friend is not moving in yet, she is staying with a girl we both used to work with and the girls boyfriend.  She introduced the two and now, the girl she is staying with is jealous of her?  Too much drama for me.  I guess this girl asked my friend if I was working and when she told her I wasn't ,she freaked out, bitching and moaning, that she is facing foreclosure and having too work while I live off the system.  She has no idea I am on disability, I can't stand when people assume shit.

How do you guys check the posts?  I usually just hit the unread or reply button but I figured out today I have been missing a bunch of topics.  Do you guys go into each category seperately?

Hope everyone has a good night.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 07:40:53 am »
Morning all,

Snow, I go to the forum I want to check, then scan what topics are new. 

Cin, again, I'm sorry about your husband.  I don't believe my ex ever knew.  He never went to the doctor, ever.  So, how would he ever have found out?  And he was such an alcoholic, he stayed drunk most of the time, probably not really caring if anything was wrong.  And I think he was depressed, (at least that's how he looked when I saw him once), thinking about what his life had become (total shit).

Andrea, I hope the doctor gets that anemia under control soon.  Your gyn sounds like a great doctor.

Mum, crap.  I hope your flooring's o.k.  What a pain.  Sounds like something I would go through.  How's your head?

Mary, do you tense up when they draw your blood?  That would make it more difficult.  Try some deep breathing, and thinking about something you really like to do.  That helps me a bit.

I got another good chunk of this place sorted yesterday, and threw out two bags of trash, and took two bags to the Goodwill.  I can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated throughout the years, it's insane.  And, I was cleaning out some cupboards, and found baker's chocolate that expired in 2007.   You'd think I'd be more organized than that, but, well, what can I say.  Anyway, I hope you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 10:11:45 am »
Snow, Suzie is adjusting to life in the nuthouse..lol.  She's currently nekked with #6's diaper taped to her.  I just hope it was clean when they put it on her :P.  Good luck with the painting.  What color are you looking at?  I'd like to get the livingroom and hallway painted before winter, but Hubby is giving me grief about it.  It's the only room that's still stark white and making me bonkers.  I'll end up picking out the color, buying the paint and putting it in the middle of the floor.  After stepping around it for a month or so, he'll get the hint that we're painting.

To check posts, I just go down the line of topics: LW, PW, LTS, OF, AM, then I hit T/SE, and Lipo.

Betty, that's why I HATE moving.  Sorting through stuff makes me crazy.  There are times I get in a purging mood and wind up throwing out bags of trash and taking more bags to GoodWill.  I'm about to have one such mood in the kids' rooms and their toys.  Do you have an official move in day, yet?

My head is OK.  I had a nasty headache last night, but 800mg of Ibuprofin took the edge off.  Hubby noticed that our resident barn black snake was out in the yard.  He wasn't sure how he got out, so he opened to barn doors hoping the snake would go back in (it keeps the mice out) when he realized why the poor thing fled for it's life - HORNETS!  There was a basketball - sized nest in the corner of our barn.  Hubby got stung on the head twice.  He sprayed them with some stuff we had, but that only made them swarm more.  This morning the whole left side of his head and neck are swollen.  He took Benedryl and advil last night and I have him more this morning.  He's now in town finding some "good stuff" for them.  Hornets and wasps have been horrible this year and I'm not sure why.

Other than laundry and the yard, not much else planned.  After yesterday, I'm scared to make any plans.  Hope you all are having a great day!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 12:01:28 pm »
Hi GF's !
Mum- sorry you are having some rough days, make sure hubby doesn't get a fever or infection from the bites, he may need antibiotics. Glad you had a nice vacation.

Vivt- glad  you have a great doctor, are they putting you on iron pills?? anemia can make you very weak, so take it easy. I used to be an anemic and just pass out anywhere!!!

Holly- glad things are working out with your insurance, are you a realtor???

Betty- good luck with the move, how is your new grandbaby?? any pics???

Missy- seening you a BIG HUG !-

Moon - Hope the inspection turns out ok !

Queen- We are alll coming up to new york to use your ablounger!! lol

Snow- I hope you don't have any drama , moving your girlfriend in, just be carefull.

Nothing much going on with me, still lazy and tired. Hubby is fine and has a doctor appointment next week.
I am still trying to finish my afghan I am making for my late brothers partner. I am using some yarn my brother bought me, so that makes it special.

take care all.

anyone here from Tendai???

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:10:41 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 02:56:54 pm »
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to pop in here real quick.

Netta, no I'm not a realtor but that kind of money would be nice. Where I live there are still forclosures but the market is a bit different where I am. Some of the rural properties still can fetch big bucks.

Mum, for goodness sake woman! What a day you had. I would have been in tears most likely. I seriously don't know how you do all that you do. I hope your hubby's ok and finds the 'good stuff'.

Vivyt, I'm glad that your appointment went well.

Andrea, yikes! I really hope your numbers improve soon! Maybe a dietition could help?

Well, not much going on with me today. My BF isn't feeling well today. It always seems he something going on. Kidney stones, liver, frequent headaches, med side-effects, etc. I'm glad that it doesn't all seem to hit him at the same time (knock-on-wood). So, we are going to take it easy today. YOu all have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 03:40:21 pm »
*sighs*....Checking in ladies. I am a bit pissed today because the damn manager of my apartment back home is starting to get on my last nerve. Why? About the car because it is down again, in the driveway, mind you. She won't write my letter for Section 8 til it is moved. I am fine with that but bff is suppose to be taking care of that since she wants the car back. She really can't afford to maintain the car but it was hers in the beginning so I have no beef about that. What bothers me is every time she says she is going to have it moved, it never gets moved for one reason or another.

Realizing this, I told the manager that I am out of town but trying to get it moved anyway but if I couldn't, I would take of it when I get back. So WTF? But at the same time I had mailed her rent to her from NY. I have been emailing her asking her to let me know when she got it. I had to send her like 5 emails and a text message before she decided to tell me that she hasn't been to the office. Well, damn she hasn't been to the office since last week. Then she has the nerve to say, "It's probably there IF you sent it", now wtf is that suppose to mean if I sent it. I have never been late with my rent which is only 11 bucks but that if you sent it comment really pissed me off... >:(  After all that I called the bff and told her how the manager is tripping about the car and that she needs to get on the ball and get that car moved. I also told her if it isn't done by the time I get back that I am just going to scrap the damn thing. And she can't get mad cause I have given her more than enough time to get it done.

LOL Netta, well, I use the AB Rocket 3 times a week to start and am increasing the crunches by 5. Believe me I can feel it by the time I am done.Papi says I should do it for 15 minutes but I can't do it that long. Baby steps is all I can manage for now. I wonder how Tendai is doing also.

I still do not see where at the top right that I am suppose to click on to stop this damn jumping scvreen.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 04:05:50 pm »
Hi GFs~

I have been up since the crack of the crack (of dawn).  I met with the inspector and my house passed, just have to hang another smoke alarm, which I had already bought after reading the housing assistance paperwork.

My renter is getting money from three places to help with the security deposit and no one will release anything until the renter pays me his share.  He can't pay until the first of the month, and then he can't pay it all cause he can't get but so much out of the ATM at one time.  Oh dear.  I am going to be having money coming from five different places come next month, but only $400 on move-in day.  I should be getting $2400 on move-in day, but everyone wants proof that the renter "paid his part" before they release their pledges to me.  Also, housing assistance takes 2-3 weeks to release the first month's rent.   ???

I guess I have to be patient, but by the end of September I should be sitting pretty.  I'll be alright as long as everyone follows through and pays their part, what they promised to pay.  That reminds me, I need to call the electric company and also find a new washing machine for the place.  I took the day off so I'd better keep moving along.  Whew.

Mum~  So sorry to hear about hardwood flooring and crazy hornets!!  OMG Is Hubby ok now?  Ice is allergic to bee stings so I usually keep Benadryl nearby, just in case.

OOOOh jumpy screen.  :o  :o  OK, I got it fixed.  Remember to COPY (Control A Control C) everything and then click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW up top. ----> Look where it says File-Edit-View-Favorites-Tools-Help at the top of your screen.  CLICK ON TOOLS, then scroll down and click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW.   :o

I went to the MVA today and was sitting there for 1hr and 40 minutes before a long lost GF from my pos group came in.  I hadn't seen her in a year.  She says the support group kinda fizzled cause nobody was showing up.  I told her to tell everyone that I had moved out of town, 45 minutes away with Ice, so it was tough to drag my ass to group these days, plus I had been getting my townhouse ready for rent.  It was nice to see her and I kept joking that she should've gotten there an hour and forty minutes earlier so we could catch up on things, lol.  I was so bored waiting and right before they called my number she walked in and sat down right next to me in that huge place, lol.  I am sooooo whitebread in my driver's license pic but I look ok for being tired and starving, hee hee.   ;D

Queen~  I would just donate your car to someplace and have them come and MOVE it.  We have Cash for Clunkers here and they come haul away your ride and give you money.  Who is the car registered to?  Your gf needs to move it or lose it!

Getting tired so I will post more tonight.  Whew.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:08:38 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.