Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:10:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 675
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 600
Total: 600

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: PLHIV-Pakistan  (Read 2736 times)

Offline aki-pk

PLHIV-Pakistan
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:16:34 am »
I am hiv +ve from Pakistan where discussion on this topic is almost nil. I am very much depressed and there is no forum to discuss issues facing due to my treatment except my doctor. I am on treatment (Efavirenz,Lamivudine &Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate 600+600+300mg) one pill per day since 30th March 2016 i.e.19days have been passed and I remained under great depression,weakness and tired all the time. I start weeping loudly and sometimes just want death instead of life. So I requested my doctor to reconsider my medicine. Now he is changing medicine from tonight. I do not know what will be the effect of new regimen. I am being treated from Shukat Khanum Hospital Lahore. Is there anyone from pakistan to share his views. My CD4 on 17th March 2016 was 359,viral load not tested.
My brain seems foggy and I feel dizziness.Said medicine seems bad effect on brain. Is someone here from Pakistan?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: PLHIV-Pakistan
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 06:50:17 am »
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you having problems and glad you found us. We have members from all over the world.  It can be a shock and take time to digest a diagnosis, but it's great to hear you have started treatment and things do get better, I am also sorry to hear your feeling depressed but good to hear that you are engaging with you Doctor on this. Do you already know what medication you are switching to tonight ?

I'm sure other members will also chime in on your thread so do keep us posted.

Jim.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline harleymc

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 06:55:09 am »
Hello Aki
 I'm sorry you have been feeling depressed, changing the medication should help.

I saw a documentary on Pakistan and know there's at least one community based support centre in Islamabad, but can not remember it's name. So maybe there's something in Lahore. Maybe someone at the hospital might be able to help to find a support group.

I'm not sure if there are and Pakistanis on this forum, but you can come here anytime and know that someone cares.
Good luck

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 09:31:39 pm »
Hello Aki, and welcome to the Forums. I hope you find some friends were you are, and you will certainly find friends and support here.

Best,
Creighton

Offline Since2005

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 11:21:49 am »
Hello Aki,

Welcome to the forum. I am South Asian myself though living in the US  for a while. I understand what you are going through. It is very hard living with HIV disease in such socially conservative place. I am not sure what the resources available but I am sure your hospital / Doctor can provide you some information. It may not be easy but it can help out you a lot while you can talk to a group. If that's not an option and you are not comfortable then I would suggest to reach people online, watch videos, and use other resources if you can.

Everyone handles HIV differently but I am sure came to the right place. I can assure you that what your are feeling is normal. Everyone goes through this, I know I have. Please keep connecting with people here. Wish you the best and hope it gets better for you.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 07:53:08 pm »
Hi Aki,
I am so sorry you are living in such oppresive  conditions but I do know you are. Please check out the info that the other members provided.

You are certainly welcome here to post and share.  Whatever you do, we are here.  We will reply.  And you will have support, at least here.  Please take care of yourself and don't let the oppression keep you down.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline aki-pk

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 01:13:56 am »
Thanks to all who response me here. My doctor has switched my regimen. Now I am taking (Lopinavir200mg+Ritonavir50mg) 2pills two times a day,(Avolam150mg) 2pills at night,(Tenofovir disproxil fumarate300mg) 1pill at night. Although this regimen has not so much bad effect as compared with the previous one with Efavirenz but still I am in crises. It seems as living with treatment is bad than without treatment. I am very much confused whether I should leave all such treatments and let me on the fate.What should I do?
Daily I make courage and daily it breaks. It seems neither I am living life nor die. Its not the life.Its curse. Neither I am comfortable at home nor on job. If I remained at home I face depression issues.If I come on job I feel to much tired and try to find some place to lay down on some bench or on floor.Its very terrible condition.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 03:59:23 am »
Hi

So glad you switched and that you are finding this combination better, now you only just switched medication and need to give yourself time to settle into it this. Most if any side effects are only mild and temporary. I appreciate you are still digesting the fact that you are Living with HIV.

Having to take the pills daily I understand your just starting off and that it seems/feels like a big hurdle, however with time this feeling will pass as you get use to this, so stick with it and take your meds. Now I appreciate there is not a huge amount of support where you are located but stick with this and try to talk to someone like your Doc regarding your feelings of depression.

However to be blunt not taking you meds simply means death, and not a fast one but a nasty slow and sick decline, it will be filled with horrors and pain along the way. I don't say this to scare you but I'm not going to lie about it either. 

Jim   
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 05:27:03 am »
Aki, I echo what Jim said.  Dying from AIDS is no joke.  I've been living with this for over 25 years and have seen many deaths. It's slow and totally miserable.  Any discomfort you are feeling right now may well be related to your depression.  If it's side effects from the meds, that should go away. 

I also agree you should talk to your doctor about your depression. Do they have counselors there you could perhaps talk to?  I urge you to continue with your meds and don't give up.  It sounds easy to do (to give up), but that's a horrible road to go down.  Hang in there and continue to talk to us!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline aki-pk

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 05:55:58 am »
Dear JimDublin & BT65!
Thanks a lot to respond my messages. Its really give me support,courage and re-sum-up myself. This forum is indeed a great help for us (people living with this shit-hiv).
Pray for me and my wife to face the reality and courage to fight with this disease.
Thanks a lot

Offline harleymc

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 10:48:30 pm »
Hi Aki,
I'm glad you got the change in medications. Your new combination will work very well. The fact that your doctor changed your medications so quickly tells me you have a great doctor. you are in good hands.

At the moment HIV is the new big thing in your life, it is natural to be thinking about it a lot.
With time and medications it just becomes something in the background, it will still be there, but it won't dominate things.

I count some good things from HIV, it is not all bad.
I've learned humility, I've learned compassion for other people and I've learned to ask for help if and when I need it.

I wish you well on your journey through life.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.