Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:50:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 596
Total: 599

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How to Survive a Plague movie and picture of Peter  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Jody

How to Survive a Plague movie and picture of Peter
« on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:19 pm »
There is a movie review and write-up and a picture of our heroic Peter Staley being shlepped away by police on page 40 of the conservative New York Post today-9/21/12...It is cool that the movie got publicity (and three and one half stars) in such a medium. 

If anyone will be in New York Saturday, 9/22 I will get to the IFC Center Theater- on 6th ave and 3rd st - late afternoon for a ticket to a Saturday evening showing.  I can get an extra ticket if available so let me know.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: How to Survive a Plague movie and picture of Peter
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:49:16 pm »

I need to place the trailer up on this one : ( not sure if its been posted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haEPLCA_H2Y&feature=player_embedded

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Rhaegar

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:23:56 am »
I just got home from seeing this, and I have such profound respect for those that came before me. 

-Kevin
05/19/2011: Diagnosed.  CD4 159   VL 284,000.
04/29/2013:  CD4 789,   VL <20

Offline Jody

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 01:34:20 pm »
The 5:25 showing at the IFC is a possibility for Saturday, more likely the 7:15 show.

Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »
I hope I get an opportunity to see this soon.

HUGS, Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jody

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 11:40:55 am »
I saw How to Survive a Plague last night.  It was good to see Andy Velez and other fine folks giving out Silence=Death buttons and signing people up for ACT-UP outside the IFC.  Indeed I think it is an award winning film.  Bob Rafsky should get a posthumous award.  And of course Peter Staley was outstanding, all his efforts were great.  A tongue tied Patrick Buchanan was fun to see and Peter's speech in front of a large audience in Montreal?, San Francicso?, DC?, I forget which city, was profoundly beautiful and very moving.  David France did a great job putting it all together from VHS tapes (we will lose much of the digital stuff from today).  Kudos to all the men AND women, from Larry Kramer to those less well known who did a great job to get people AIDS drugs that work and keep us alive.

Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 12:53:34 pm »
I can't wait to see this.

This mornig on MSNBC they were discussing this film and how Act-Up became a model for grassroots group being able to affect government change.  It shows that the people do have power.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 12:24:44 pm »
I hope it's released in Europe soon. I watched the trailer in iTMS and I'm looking forward to see the whole movie.
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 05:02:07 pm »
Watched the movie this week. Check the website to see if it's coming near you. Wow. Educational. Moving. Loads of footage you'll never see elsewhere and it will give you a valuable perspective about Peter Staley.

You will shake your head when you compare what focused activists were able to achieve. If we had that energy now and dedicated it to prevention....

Offline mitch777

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 09:22:05 pm »
nice write up in today's Hartford Courant. can't wait to see it even though i know i will cry with tears of joy and sorrow.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.