Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:40:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 580
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 468
Total: 468

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: tested poz on april 14  (Read 7607 times)

Offline paradiseboy

tested poz on april 14
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:51:08 pm »
hi guys,

i hope everyone of you is doing well .i was doing a routine blood test for my work permit when i found out  i was poz. and had to come back home.i workout and iam healthy as a horse.finally got the sick pack ..of course i had my mental ups and downs since then but being  a  Buddhist helped me in more ways than i could imagine .

i am very grateful for this website this is so lovely,even though it took a while for my approval iam finally here :)

i also found a lovely  organization here in my home country who helps HIV+ patients from health care to mental support even though i am  in a 3rd world country this surprised me most, my only wish that my brothers and sisters can get the same care  in everywhere else.

i haven't had a cold or fever  in the past year but tomorrow iam going for my cd4 count and meet my doc .love to everyone here .

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: tested poz on april 14
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:54:38 pm »
Welcome Paradise!

I sorry you've joined us but I'm glad you found us all the same. :)

MtD
(Who knows that to exist is to suffer)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:26:11 am »
Hello P-Boy,

welcome to our boards. Sorry about the poz diagnosis, but glad that you found us.  Sounds like you are on the right track to dealing with the virus in a healthy manner.  Get those numbers and keep taking care of yourself.

Best of luck and health :)

Da Rev.   
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline paradiseboy

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:22:15 am »
Thank you Matty and rev moon appreciate everything..

since i am new they are checking my overall health  and starting from there

gave a lot of blood for all kind of test and i have to do some more outside, as the govt hospital doesn't have that facility.but the thing is the machine that checks viral load is broken so i have to wait for a while till they fix it

Thank you guys so much love and hugs to you...

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 01:26:55 am »
Thank you Matty and rev moon appreciate everything..

since i am new they are checking my overall health  and starting from there

gave a lot of blood for all kind of test and i have to do some more outside, as the govt hospital doesn't have that facility.but the thing is the machine that checks viral load is broken so i have to wait for a while till they fix it

Thank you guys so much love and hugs to you...

Yeah, there are lots of blood tests. I hope they fix the VL machine soon! That is an important test.

If it's possible you should ask to be checked for STDs other than HIV - gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis as well as Hepatitis B & C. These are not uncommon in HIV positive people.

Take care and keep us informed! :)

MtD

Offline djayp

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 07:37:27 pm »
Paradise -

welcome to the forums - I am also new and was just diagnosed last month. Great to read your spirits are high and you are definitely on the right track to controlling this disease rather than letting it control you. I just try to take one day at a time. I just got my CD4+ results today (literally about an hour ago) and am scared of the results. Just waiting on my results for my VL numbers and hopefully your facility will get their machine fixed quickly!

all the best!
---
5/26/10 - Poz
6/16/10 - CD4 276, VL 20,000, 20%
7/28/10 - began Atripla
8/25/10 - CD4 291, VL 211, 23%
12/13/10 - CD4 370, VL UD, % unknown
4/18/11 - CD4 390, VL UD % unknown
4/17/12 -CD4 344, VL UD 29%

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14:49 pm »
Welcome Paradiseboy - 
you are among friends -- get ready for the ride of your life ---
the first set of blood they take is a lot (16 vials on my first) - I almost passed out after 8, as I am not big into needles --
Now, I am almost a pro at it --- normally they take about 5 or 6 -- last draw was 12 because ID doc was doing some of her annual/semi annual tests on me.
Look forward to hearing more from you -- Once again WELCOME!
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Donna

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 07:38:04 am »
Hi PBoy, so good you're positive in the spirit sense. I've been there 13 years now and life has never been so good. This disease can give a great sharpness to life. I went from being a lazy depressive not averse to hard nights of drinking and some drugs to this year running a 89 kilometre ultra-marathon, and i feel fantastic. I'm also 3rd worldish - it makes one accept fate more easily i think.  :) Good luck to you.

Offline paradiseboy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:28 am »
Thank you All for you lovely support,i will get my blood test results on 8th of July. i have started a new job .its not new but one of my former employer ,while i was job hunting our paths crossed again and i told her that i was positive  (she was more like a friend than a boss) and she offered me a job with good hours and pay.so iam very grateful for this .i really needed this now i can get on with my life.

thank you donna,djayp,phildinftlaudy so much and i wish you all the best of health and happiness

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 07:25:14 am »
That's great you found a new job so fast! Welcome to the forums. There are so many wonderful people in here. I wish you the best in your treatment.
I hope you find the forums to be a helpful place.
Positive since 1985

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.