Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:48:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: All news is bad news? Comedy to the rescue!  (Read 2319 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
All news is bad news? Comedy to the rescue!
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:25:30 pm »
Geezuz.

See, I'm paying my bills, doing the household management that is farther and farther behind, and planning my summer, so need something in the background to keep my mind off the stress of it all.

I started to watch the newscasts and it was all so dire.
So I switched to The Daily Show.  Teeheehee, but it's comedy about the horrendous state of affairs.
So I put on a documentary - "Collapse."   Horrific news! Cut that after 15 minutes.

Finally I sort through my comedy files and find Robin Williams last concert "Weapons of Self Destruction".  He looks great, and very funny how.

Thank god for comics.  Lift the spirits when I'm bored with show tunes....

Later I'm gonna listen to Phyllis Diller, Moms Babley and Harvey Fierstein.  Corny I know, oldies but goodies.

What's making you laugh?

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: All news is bad news? Comedy to the rescue!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:20:47 pm »
Silence. I keel you.

Old but still good.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:11 pm »
The ridiculous price of my meds and mepron is sure giving me a good laugh.  That anyone thinks I could afford 8 grand a month in medicine alone is kind of laughable.  96grand a year in pharmaceutical bills not counting anything else.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:36:54 pm »
We are fucking expensive, but so be it.
Think of the waste in the world.
And also realise that 100K is recirculating into the economy so its all relative.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:56:18 pm »
The ridiculous price of my meds and mepron is sure giving me a good laugh.  That anyone thinks I could afford 8 grand a month in medicine alone is kind of laughable.  96grand a year in pharmaceutical bills not counting anything else.

If you think that's a hoot, then you'll shit yer keks when you settle down with a copy of the Platform of the Texas GOP.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »
If you think that's a hoot, then you'll shit yer keks when you settle down with a copy of the Platform of the Texas GOP.

MtD

Texas = Uganda whoddathunkit
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 05:16:54 pm »
 :D

I know this comedy series has been mentioned many times before, but, there's nothing like Absolutely Fabulous ...  I think I have just about all episodes recorded on VHS, there getting a little grainy.   :P  A little montage :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9l187u_mZw

Ray 8)

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 11:39:57 pm »

MtD

Basquo and Willy,Texan wondertwin powers unite!

Form of an oil spill, Shape of a gay tiger!

I'm not really sure what those two transformations would do to help you defeat the republican party but it seemed like a good idea at the time

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.