Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:12:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Did Clinton "Go Crazy" as Fox News described, or uncover the "pass" Bush got?  (Read 20111 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Did Clinton "Go Crazy" as Fox News described, or uncover the "pass" Bush got?
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2006, 03:23:32 pm »
Rod, I didnt mention anything about HIV or spending money on it.    And if the same thing would have happened on the Democrats watch (9/11) we would also be at war.  You have already shown this in a previous post about Roosevelt and Wilson and Kennedy.

So I ask you, WHICH IS IT?  Do the Democrats go to war or not when it is required?  You have now said BOTH.  And claimed both sides to prove your point.  Flip Flop, I believe is the words you guys like to use.

Talk about having their cake and eating it too!!  And I dont for one minute think that we are on the VERGE of being invaded!  They don't have BOATS they live in a DAMN DESERT!  So dont try and convince me we would have an Iraq type war within our borders, its just more Republican fear mongering.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
Re: Did Clinton "Go Crazy" as Fox News described, or uncover the "pass" Bush got?
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:49 pm »
Terry, I'm sorry to bust your bubble. I'm not religious at all and no, those statistics aren't from the Religious Right Wing of the Republicans. You need to get your head out of the sand. We have more people dieing each year of heart disease, diabetes and cancer than we do people dieing of HIV. What about those people? You don't care, because it doesn't affect you? Well, HIV doesn't affect everyone else either.

Rod,

It would probably be a good Idea if you first read what is posted before you start attacking people. 
You really need to get a life other than pontificating from your keyboard.

Nothing I said in my post was directed towards you.  (I’ve never made any comment with you in mind until now) I never said whether you are religious or not. I wouldn't know that and personally I don’t care if you are or not.

I didn’t say that this was from the Religious Right Wing of the Republicans. I said it is what they would want you to “READ.”

You seem to enjoy highjacking everyone's post. HIV is only one item of interest for me. I have lived many years with diabetes as well as cancer. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

I was making a point. Now you can put your head back were ever you want to put it.

PS Rab, sorry about that but people get tired with being attacked for their  opinion.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2006, 03:35:44 pm »
Such compassion...I say we cut off all funding to people with HIV if you became positive after, let's say 1984...you should have known better. That money could be better spent fighting terrorists in Iraq that were not there until we invaded. It should be made perfectly clear to the world...unlimited deaths to non-white civilians is part of the deal...better innocent civilians dead there, than us having to change anything here. Fill 'er up!

Oh, and to all you people posting in Am I infected...get over yourself...you probably deserve it.

It boggles the mind.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:38:10 pm by Dachshund »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2006, 03:46:51 pm »
Damn dasch, you crack me up.  We think alike. 

And to all of those who I disagree with, im having a BLAST!  Hope you guys are as well.  I like nothing more than a heated debate.  Especially about the Douchebag Bush.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2006, 06:06:16 pm »
Rod, I didn't mention anything about HIV or spending money on it.    And if the same thing would have happened on the Democrats watch (9/11) we would also be at war.  You have already shown this in a previous post about Roosevelt and Wilson and Kennedy.

So I ask you, WHICH IS IT?  Do the Democrats go to war or not when it is required?  You have now said BOTH.  And claimed both sides to prove your point.  Flip Flop, I believe is the words you guys like to use.

Talk about having their cake and eating it too!!  And I dint for one minute think that we are on the VERGE of being invaded!  They don't have BOATS they live in a DAMN DESERT!  So dint try and convince me we would have an Iraq type war within our borders, its just more Republican fear mongering

I was pointing it out that the Democrats declared war more than Republicans and it's the truth. I didn't say they shouldn't have, nor have I said the Republicans shouldn't have declared war. I put the facts in there because I'm tired of hearing about the lost of life of US soldiers and civilian casualties wars have case. None of you were pointing out how many soldiers and civilians have been killed in other wars, just what was going on now. You were being very one sided.

Terry you did say, Above are some of the statistics the Religious Right Wing of the Republican Party wants you to read.

ACinKC, what the hell do you mean they don't have boats or should I have said, DID?

Dachshund, as normal you twist things around like you want. I have compassion for people that have gotten infected by, blood transfusions, broken condoms, unfaithful spouses, babies born to IV drug using parents. Those people didn't have a "Choice." and a few more. But I have NO compassion for people who go get drunk, don't use a condom, people that think "Oh it won't happen to me." Or people that bareback with an HIV positive person. People that share works because of a drug habit. NO, I don't have compassion for them. I'm sorry they got infected, but I have NO compassion.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 06:37:30 pm by RapidRod »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2006, 09:56:20 pm »
Ademas:

LMAO AND MAY I ADD!  BINGO!

RAB

Edit to add:  Since I started it, I think this is a good place to end this thread.  Politics are one thing we'll never agree upon as a group.  Some people I have a lot of respect for have different opinions than I do and that's O.K., it's not personal, it's just the way it is, a lot of emotion and strong beliefs can sometimes get misdirected onto individuals, which isn't productive.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:26:29 pm by RAB »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2006, 11:39:57 pm »
Thank God there are some people who do have the compassion not to judge others. I suppose the alcoholic, drug and sex addicts, and the mentally impaired should just suffer the consequences. Many people that you have no compassion for rely on this site for help and understanding. Your posts always make me sad and somewhat ashamed. I feel sorry for you.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Did Clinton "Go Crazy" as Fox News described, or uncover the "pass" Bush got
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2006, 12:15:34 am »
O.K., it's not personal

Rockala,

The personal IS the political.

MtD
(Who was indoctrinated from an early age) ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2006, 06:13:39 am »
Ademas:

LMAO AND MAY I ADD!  BINGO!

RAB

Edit to add:  Since I started it, I think this is a good place to end this thread.  Politics are one thing we'll never agree upon as a group.  Some people I have a lot of respect for have different opinions than I do and that's O.K., it's not personal, it's just the way it is, a lot of emotion and strong beliefs can sometimes get misdirected onto individuals, which isn't productive.

I agree Rocky. The original premise of biased reporting in the media was totally lost in the rush to beat each other over the head with ideology. ~sigh~

Locked.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.