Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:06:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 509
Total: 511

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "Shrink Rap"  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
"Shrink Rap"
« on: July 09, 2006, 09:42:31 am »
I made an appointment this week for my first ever head shrinker..  I hope hes gay, likes to cross dress and looks like Neil Diamond.... :)

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
Re: "Shrink Rap"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 09:50:06 am »

congratualtions....my friend keeps pushing me to go see one (mainly because he says his helped him and he thinks I need help).  However, I feel I'm sane, but in order get him off my back I said I would try one or two sessions. ;)

Anyway, I said when I go see my PCP on July 20th I'll ask for a referral and see where it takes me.

If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 10:07:25 am »
Maybe you could just rent Saving Silverman. Jack Black doing Niel Diamond puts me on the floor every time.

But seriously, I hope he works out.
I'd probablly ruin a shrink. Ever see Good Will Hunting ?
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 10:11:45 am »
Neil Diamond?

Hmm very different taste you have!

;)

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 01:43:57 pm »
Hay!  I got my Secret Service pin today!  After 4 years of dealing with old presidents, they actually trust me... Little do they know... Or maybe they do know?  OMG... 

Offline bear60

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 01:53:56 pm »
I know you are doing the right thing Eric.  Somehow I suspect he won't be "ALL THAT"...but I am sure he is the first step to feeling better about yourself and getting over the depression.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 03:04:21 pm »
I've been seeing mine for a very long time now. I consider him a good help in self examination, as well as a reality check.

My first experience with a shrink was not as good. My parents sent me to one when I came out at age 16. I swear to you he had stolen the face of Sigmund Freud. After one hour, his summary was that I could change to hetero if I really wanted to. (I didn't.) He also said that I should look at some "girlie" magazines. I didn't have the heart to tell him I did and they made me want to throw up. LOL

When I told my father I wasn't going back he said if he ever saw me on the street he would run over me with the car. Ugh! And hey thought I was the one who needed a shink.
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 05:39:55 pm »
Eric,

I think it is a good move. For me it was like "three strikes you're...IN" because I did slam the door twice in my life before (and way before hiv).
My shrink has been part of my complementary therapy ever since the virus invited itself. And she's helped me quite a bit already.

take your time and enjoy the journey once you've found the one you feel you trust; it is an interesting journey.

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 01:34:49 am »
Jordan, therapy isn't mandatory; if you don't want the talking "cure" then you don't have to be talked into it. Why does your friend think you need to see a therapist (the fact that his helped him is not relevant, we're talking about you)?

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 01:56:13 am »

Eric,

I hope it goes well. I found my therapist to be extremely beneficial during my diagnosis.

As a crossdresser...I definitely hope he crossdresses.  A little adapted 'women's intuition' can't hurt :)

brian

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.