Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:15:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773210
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 540
Total: 542

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Egrifta after 3 months...from firm to flabby  (Read 15782 times)

Offline meh3948

Egrifta after 3 months...from firm to flabby
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:15:57 pm »
Hi everyone. First post. Glad I discovered the site. I FINALLY got my Egrifta prescription in late October after waiting over a year. Here is what I have noticed...my large but firm stomach is now loosening up to become a flabby stomach. Has anyone had this side effect? I know it takes awhile to experience results. I used to take Serostim a long time ago and it got rid of my buffalo hump completely, but might consider plastic surgery for that, as it has returned. I'm having difficulty accepting my changed body image and need to lose about 40 pounds. Can any long term users of Egrifta share their experiences? I appreciate it!

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
Re: Egrifta after 3 months...from firm to flabby
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:50:20 pm »
been  with  Egrifta  for a few years... worked  great  for the  first  round..got  back to  slim  (  not  flabby)  from a 36  to a  32..... lost  Egrifta  for  7 months (  not available)  but  have been back  for  2 months  now...starting to  work  Ok ... gone  down from very hard  watermelon  bulge  to  getting softer   from  36  to  about  34.5  so will take a while    according to  DR  works  good for  about  50%  who  do  it... hoping to be back to my 32  by summer...

as long as you are one of the 50%  should  work for you  the  "soft"  sage  gradually  levels out to  whatever  muscle  you have   there...remember this is  the  Internal  hard fat  that is being affected it is  primarily under the  muscle
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 05:49:07 pm »
just  to  follow up ,   I  have been using  Egrifta  again now  for another  month  getting  noticeable  shrinkage  now... but  have  developed  some  "hard  spots " where  frequent injections  were  done.... be sure to  move around  the  sites  where you inject.. been using a  "clock"  lately  to  keep  site to once a week use put  four  "dots "  on  stomach   12, 3, 6,9   o clock  try to  hit  different  hour  each time you inject using  the  four as  reference points 

BTW  needed  36"  pants  with a  tight  fit  when started  now  down to  easy  34...

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 08:43:05 am »
Hey guys,
I was on serostem for just a few months,before egrifta was approved
It raised my blood sugar so much I had to take Metformin.
I quit using it , because I didn't want to become a diabetic.
My BS went back to normal in the normal range.

Anyone on egrifta have this happen ?
I have had Lipo issues for years . Have a felling the side affect would be the same for me.  Just wondering if anyone else had similar , side affects
With egrifta ?
Glad this is working is working for you Nick !
Good luck to you Mec !
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline justinmiller46

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 08:31:50 pm »
I been trying to get my doc here in NC to get me on that.  She will not let me.   Is there any tips that you all did to get approved for it? 

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 11:56:24 pm »
no  particular  tips  but  be sure  to get the  info across that this is not a  "cosmetic"  procedure..in fact  is is an ongoing "treatment"  for  internal  hard  fat  that  surrounds the  organs  and  causes  multiple problems..... increased  awareness of the possible  effects on  sugar  is  essential...test often 
be  aware  that  there is a  very  high  monthly fee for this  treatment  and  insurance  typically has  some  co-payment    I have seen  CVS  charge  the Insurance  $7000/mo  but  insurance  negotiated  $2100    still a  sizeable amount

good luck

Nick

Offline TnMan62

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:17:59 pm »
Has anyone taking Egrifta injections had any problems with carpal tunnel symptoms? I had CT before Egrifta, but symptoms seem worse now. I have been doing injections for about 6 weeks now.

Offline SteveA

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 06:06:34 am »
I've been on Egrifta for all of a week now. I'm also diabetic and I haven't yet noticed any surges in my blood sugars.

Offline DodgerDawg

• "Dude, It Could Be Worse"
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 05:57:32 pm »
There is always the dreaded "Diet and Exercise".

Like eat less,

Move more.

Tip: cut out 500 calories a day. (No soda, no pastry, no bread, 1 pc pizza instead of 4, things like that)

DD
January 2014 CD4 = 5      .03%  VL = 1,800,000
June      2014 CD4 = 206  .15%  VL =            48
January 2015 CD4  = 211  .13%  VL =            71
June      2015 CD4 = 155  .12%  VL =             UD
July       2015 CD4 = 148  .11%  VL =             48

Offline SteveA

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 08:53:34 pm »
I dropped even the 0 calorie soda's about 3 weeks ago in favor of sugar free koolaid packets sweetened with Stevia, I don't eat pastries or candy and I'm on an exercise plan that includes walking and swimming laps. I eat pizza rarely enough that 4 slices is allowed...

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 10:47:08 am »
There is always the dreaded "Diet and Exercise".

Like eat less,

Move more.

Tip: cut out 500 calories a day. (No soda, no pastry, no bread, 1 pc pizza instead of 4, things like that)

Wish it were that easy .
Diet and exercise do next to nothing for Lipo
People wouldn't be going to such extents with egrifta,
having buffalo humps surgically removed and other expensive procedures
if it were !!

DD
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 10:52:14 am »
Sorry my response ended up as part of your quote,
my I pad has a mind of its own sometimes .

Just to be clear , diet and exercise do pretty much
nothing for Lipo issues.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline synjewel

Re: on Egrifta for about 3 months
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 04:22:03 pm »
I was on a grifter for about 3 months and my tongue started turning yellow I didn't have any se any  change   that is before my copay went up to 700 and some odd dollars but I couldn't afford it anymore but when I stop taking the Agrifta the yellow and my tongue went away I think it might have been having effect on my kidney I did want to try it again but I'm afraid. Anyone ever have this problem with the yellowing of the tongue

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.