Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:53:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 665
Total: 665

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: my prescription  (Read 3306 times)

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
my prescription
« on: July 31, 2010, 04:46:33 pm »
staring at a prescription that I won't start taking for another 3 weeks.  Is there a reasonable way to fill it today and add the excess between now and when I start meds to this stockpile I'm supposed to be forming?
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: my prescription
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:12:04 pm »
So how many threads are you going to ask this same question in???
Fill it now, you can refill it at the regular interval and start your "extra supply".  This assumes that you actually do plan to start taking it.  The meds have a one year expiration, which may or not be "real", but just rotate appropriately and you don't need to worry about it.

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:30:04 pm »
So how many threads are you going to ask this same question in???
Fill it now, you can refill it at the regular interval and start your "extra supply".  This assumes that you actually do plan to start taking it.  The meds have a one year expiration, which may or not be "real", but just rotate appropriately and you don't need to worry about it.

If i cash in the script now, will doc or insurance notice if i ask for another one and fill it 20 days from now?
09/01/2009-neg

09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 07:23:35 pm »
If i cash in the script now, will doc or insurance notice if i ask for another one and fill it 20 days from now?

Did you check how many refills your doctor included? Mine always does three.

As far as insurance they have their own rules covering how early a person can refill. In my case, it's every 24 days. If the pharmacist tries to put it through sooner it won't go through on the computer but at 24 days it goes through so it depends on your insurance.

I was told by someone that insurance companies sometimes will do an audit and figure out if a person has been stockpiling but that has not happened with me.

Have you checked what your pharmaceutical coverage is? One guy on here was shocked because he was able to fill his first two Atripla Rx with a $35. co-pay and then on the third the cost was over $1000. b/c the policy had a yearly limit on Rx.

If you have co-pays you might want to use the co-pay assistance program, most of which cover the entire co-pay up to about $200. per month.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:26:16 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 08:26:59 pm »
I haven't been able to find ANYTHING in writing.  I have group coverage, and so would expect that there are no limits.  I actually called my insurance company outright, verified that my conversation was confidential and not reportable to my employer and stated my situation explicitly, noting that I was operating with an eye towards saving them money (it was part of a broader discussion).  They reassured me that there were no lifetime or yearly limits.  I'm sure this'll be the sort of thing which could come back and surprise me though.  I called a previous time too and was told the same thing.  Still kinda crossing my fingers.  

EDIT:  Copay looks like its gonna be 15 bucks a month.  I'm waiting for hte other shoe to drop on this one.
09/01/2009-neg

09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »

EDIT:  Copay looks like its gonna be 15 bucks a month.  I'm waiting for hte other shoe to drop on this one.

Even though it's only $15. if you use the co-pay card it's free and it's very easy to use.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 01:54:16 am »
why are you waiting 3 weeks and if you call your insurance company, they can tell you when you can fill it again.  So will the pharmacy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.