Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:42:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 340
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: + I messed up my life.  (Read 18686 times)

Offline raysoda7777

+ I messed up my life.
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »

I've messed up my life. I regret everything now.
I am not going to have a wife and babies for the rest of my life.
I am also worrying about my parents who always did good things for me.

Please forgive me....

Offline Kardean

Re: + I messed up my life.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:58:55 pm »
Talk to us.
Tell us what is going on.

Offline Ruefulwonder

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:35 am »
I feel the same way Raysoda....it was hard enough finding someone before I was HIV...but now? Who's going to want me when I come with HIV? It's a futile, sad feeling. I wanted to get married someday.
Oct - Dec 2013 Exposed
Feb 2014 Seroconversion

Offline raysoda7777

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 12:16:09 am »
I got the HIV positive. My life is messed up now. I've ruined it. Everything is meaningless. I am crying. That is all I can do now.

Offline absopozilutely

• Love to chat/text/talk/encourage!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:20:01 am »
Woah, STOP. Take a deep breath. This is not the end of the world! You all can still have babies and get married and there's plenty of people that have a positive and a negative partner. Calm down! This is NOT what it was 5-10 years ago, we have come leaps and bounds! Seriously breath. Don't feed into or listen to the stigma. Life keeps going, you still have a very full happy life ahead of you. Just slow it down, calm your brain down, and relax. It's stressful, I know I've been going through this for 7 months, I get it. I can and many others relate to where you're at. You will be fine.
12/18 Infected
2/4 12:22pm tested POZ via ORAquick
2/19 WB Confirmation
2/4-2/19 VL 104,678 CD4 407
3/2 Genotype back, and Started Complera
4/2-CD4 688 38% and VL 1,600
5/1-CD4 592 42% and VL 336
5/22-CD4 732 31% and VL 109 :( STILL NOT UD!
5/31 Switched to Stribild :( I'll miss you Complera!
6/19 CD4 508 35% and VL UD!!!!! Crying at work like a baby.
9/19 CD4 799 46% VL UD yayyyy
5/1/19 CD4 1100 VL still UD.

Offline raysoda7777

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:29 am »
I may give up my life once I make my decision.

Offline Since1993

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 01:45:42 am »
I may give up my life once I make my decision.
There are worse things in life than contracting HIV.  Treated, you can live with HIV for decades now, no longer the death sentence it once was.  Now if you were told you had Stage 4 lung cancer, your life expectancy would be much shorter.

All you have to do is go the doctor, take 1 pill a day, eat well, exercise and go on with your life.  There are options for children and marriage.  In many ways, today is the first day of your new life.  Call your doctor and/or go to the emergency room if you are having suicidal thoughts.  There is a lot of help out there and people willing to help you through this difficult transition.  Millions are in the same boat as you and we're here to tell you life is precious and we strive to live better everyday.  I hope you do too.

Offline YellowFever

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 05:43:00 am »
I hate to be the one to scream 'Wo ist deine papieren?!' but..

Tell us your story!  Have you been tested and confirmed? False positives can and do happen.
08/2010 HIV- 08/2012 HIV+
10/2012 CD4 415
04/2013 CD4 457
10/2013 CD4 520 VL 650
02/2014 CD4 410 VL 390
08/2014 CD4 580
01/2015 CD4 500 VL UD
05/2015 CD4 420 VL 2500
08/2015 CD4 460 VL UD
03/2016 CD4 500 VL UD
08/2016 CD4 410 VL 4467

Offline initforlife

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 08:19:35 am »
Hi Ray, Like others have said  it is not the end of the world. We are all here living with hiv. Yes the dx is a hard pill to swallow at first. but first calm down and listen to the people on this board who have been living with this a long time. You can still get married and have kids. Don't beat yourself up. as my life saver tells me all the time let go of the anger. it isn't good for you. Lets us all here help you please don't think about ending it contact your Dr if you need help right now. I  had to do the same thing, I'm doing much better. Hugs! and welcome you came to the right place!
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline POS07-11-2014

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 12:48:10 pm »
Hi Ray,

I was recently diagnosed as positive on 7/11/2014, less than one month ago.

As a little time goes by and you relax a little, life will look better. Your life is not over by any stretch. My doctor told me that HIV is not what it once was. He equated the disease to Diabetes. He told me that if you take your pill each day and check your numbers regularly (every six months or so) life is fine.

I have actually read studies that indicate that people with HIV have a longer life expectancy because people with HIV tend to be more health conscious than those that do not have HIV (Which makes sense  to me).

As someone else already said above, there are a lot worse diseases to have than HIV. Heart Disease or Cancer come to mind for me. Dont get me wrong, I have only known for about 3 weeks and I have already begun to make subtle changes in my life. Seeing doctors is new to me, but it has to be done. The things that you might have to do are not a big deal compared to what others with disease have to do.

My point is to please try to calm down a littlle and take things slower. Don't freak out so much and do real relavent research of what HIV today means and dont fall victem to what it used to mean.

You have friends here who care about you and want to help you through this process. People here have helped me to calm myself down, relax a little and take it one day at a time. I am confident that I will get my CD4 count up (I am at 276) and my viral load down (I am at 312,472) in no time once the doctors put me on my pill per day.

If there are specific things you are worried about, please tell us what they are so that poeple who have lived it can help calm you down.

Be well!
Questionable event in March
Tested pos with Oraquick 5-17-2014
Positive confirmed on 7-11-2014
7-19-2014 cd4 276 cd4% 9 vl 312,735
Started Stribild 8-15-2014
Allergic reaction identified, stopped Stribild 9-9-2014
Saw ID, started Atripla 9-17-2014
11-12-2014 cd4 447 cd4% 17 vl 326
02-05-2015 cd4 388 cd4% 16 vl 49
04-24-2015 cd4 407 cd4% 23 vl UD (YEAH!)
08-04-2015 cd4 318 vl UD
12-11-2015 cd4 378 Cd4% 21 vl UD
02-26-2016 cd4 367 Cd4% 26 vl UD
05-26-2016 cd4 393 Cd4% 28 vl UD
09-07-2016 cd4 374 Cd4% 27 vl UD

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 02:30:42 pm »
I've messed up my life. I regret everything now.
I am not going to have a wife and babies for the rest of my life.
I am also worrying about my parents who always did good things for me.

Please forgive me....

Hi, its normal you are feeling like this, you can cry, scream, kick, whatever makes you feel better...then, you will see thing more clear, it's not the end of the world, you will be able to marry, have kids,you can continue with your life....so, please try to relax and it will take time for you to adjust to your new life...I wish you luck, and if you need support, you will get it here, for sure   ;p

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 06:24:18 pm »
Please forgive me....

Who is this addressed to?

Us? - a bunch of fellow HIV+ people like yourself?
OK I forgive you!  Most of us have forgiven ourselves and each other.  ;D

God?
If your god judges people for having a virus, maybe you should think again - ask some really deep thinkers in your religion if thats so.  I highly doubt any God judges sickness.

You friends and family?  Well, what's to forgive? As I said, its an annoying, dangerous, costly virus. But it is just a virus, and it has no morals.

Forgive yourself.   Probably you got HIV the old fashioned way like most of us humans - having sex.  Sex is good, and its a rotten deal and a pity that these viruses and bacteria are around, to sometimes ruin sex which is human and wonderful. 

You can get your life and mojo back if you forgive yourself and steel your back a bit to deal with society's stupid cowardly ignorant stigma.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline raysoda7777

how long we can survive in average? can we continue to work?
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 07:46:24 pm »

I am wondering how many years we can survive in average.

With taking medications and having side effects, are you correctly maintaining a job?

I have zero savings. I should work to get the treatment. Even I have to help my family financially.

I am worrying about the case of that I can not do my works correctly. And eventually, I get fired and no money to survive.

I feel too lonely. I can not share my status with my family and any friends.

I am going to be alone the rest of my life.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Re: how long we can survive in average? can we continue to work?
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 08:04:44 pm »
Raysoda7777,

I merged your post from the Pre-HAART forum as that forum is only for those members who were diagnosed prior to 1996.  You are not permitted to post in this forum as you are newly infected.

It helps us, to help you, if you keep all your comments in one thread, as it is much easier to follow your story.

Joe
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:11:46 pm by Joe K »

Offline mecch

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 08:17:05 pm »
Raysoda - do you mind - may I ask where you live?  I don't want to assume anything. I know that living with HIV can be quite different around the world.

There is no obvious answer to your "how long can I survive" unless people know the details a bit, of your age, how long HIV+, what your access is to medical care and treatment.

Here in my country (Switzerland) someone with a new infection, who follows doctors advice, treatment as needed, doctors are telling such people "normal life expectancy."

Lots of people are living pretty normal lives with HIV.  Working, feeling strong, etc.

I got HIV about 5 or 6 years ago and took the medicine right away.  I never missed a day of work because of HIV. Now years later, I can't say I have any side effects from my medicine. 

HIV can be a HEAVY financial and social burden, yes, it's true.  It will help if you start talking about yourself and then people can start giving you specific feedback and info that will be useful and meaningful to YOU.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:23:10 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline raysoda7777

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 08:51:42 pm »
Hi, Mecch

I live in USA and have a health insurance. I should maintain my job to be survived.
Which medication are you currently taking? Did you change them many times?
In these days, I barely sleep and couldn't eat well.
I feel so tired and can't focus on normal things. I miss my friends and my parents a lot.

Sometime later, someone in my working place may know my situation and the rumor will be spread over all places.
I don't know how I can work as normal with those eyes on me.
Due to my job, I have to meet many people everyday.
They will know that I am + and they may not want to work with me. 
Eventually, I am not going to maintain my position.
Without having appropriate $$$, my life is going to be miserable.
Perhaps, I am going to give up everything.

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 09:01:29 pm »
Hi Raysoda thanks for your confidence in us to say more!

First of all, has your HIV diagnosis been confirmed by Western Blot test? 

Who diagnosed you, and what have you learned so far about your "numbers" - cd4, viral load, etc.

Where are you going for medical care?

For the time being, learning of an infection is a big shock so its understandable that
you can't sleep, can't focus.

Please keep this in mind - an HIV diagnosis in the USA is not a big mystery or challenge to doctors.  HIV care and treatment is fully understood and mastered, as it were.  As long as someone follows doctor's "orders", one should expect a good long life. OK?

Second, there is NO reason to tell anyone at your work about this.

Third, people can't "tell" someone is HIV by looking, not in this day and age. Not usually.

How are you feeling generally, these weeks, months? Are you sick at all?  What made you test for HIV?

How long have you been at your job?  There is no reason to expect that living with HIV is going to mean you must lose you job?

Why do you miss your friends and parents?  Do you live far from them?

Offline raysoda7777

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 10:49:57 pm »
I am missing my ex. She was always nice to me but I scratched her mind a lot.
I wanna say SORRY to her.
When we broke up, I was an bad assole.
Before I die, I am thinking of saying sorry to her.
When is going to be good timing?
Since I am mentally unstable now, should I wait several months?
Actually I wanna apologize several folks on the phone or text.

Offline newtome

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 11:33:44 pm »
Ray --

As hard as it may be, you have to pull yourself together.  Where do you live?  (Sorry if you said where earlier, but I did not go through this thread to find out.).  Please, if you are able to, find a support group or something.  Save the apologies for later, after you adapt and are thinking in a less self-destructive manner.  Tell us about what steps you are taking for treatment, to feel better, and cope.  It will not seem so bad if you just type away, we can handle it. Okay?

NTM

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 12:23:46 am »
Raysoda,  HIV is not death sentence. 

You are insisting that you are dying.  I find it both sad and frustrating that you can't talk to us about some facts.  You are typing a few sentences that make everyone pay attention, but then you can't communicate with us?

Do you understand that HIV is not a death sentence?

You could feel suicidal but it won't be based on the facts of how its manageable to live with HIV.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:26:09 am by mecch »

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 07:54:24 pm »

BS, we are all here for ya, and alot of LTS have great advice that you need to hear.  Me I just need to hear it again and again (thanks everybody)

There is life ahead for you and everyone else on this forum.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:54 pm »
Hello Ray,

Becoming poz is one of the most traumatic events you will ever experience, so please be kind to yourself.  You need to give yourself some time to adjust, so let yourself feel, whatever it is you feel, without the need to do anything about any of it.  Emotions are neither good or bad, they just are, but just because you feel something does not make it true.

I've been poz for 30 years and the hardest thing about adjusting to being pos is having to live with the uncertainty of continual health.  Today's medications will allow you to live a long life, but all of this can wait, because you need some time to adjust.

Please don't rush this adjustment.  Give you a break and realize that it will take time for you to learn how to manage your health and how to form a good partnership with your doctor.

Right now, take a deep breath and relax.  You are not going to die, anytime soon, so you will have plenty of time to make amends.  Right now, just concentrate on you.  And if you don't think you can handle this alone, please reach out to someone.  There is never any shame in admitting that some things in life are simply too big for us to handle alone.

Welcome to the forums.

Joe

Offline raysoda7777

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 11:16:52 pm »
Guys,

Thank you for all of your comments!!!
I have my first appointment with the ID doctor next week.
I am reading many things from this forum now.

My question is which tablet is generally recommended at the very beginning?
I prefer to have one tablet per day, if possible.
It seems like there are many choices, stribild, truvada, etc.
What is your preferred/effective tablet?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 11:22:20 pm »
Guys,

Thank you for all of your comments!!!
I have my first appointment with the ID doctor next week.
I am reading many things from this forum now.

If you want one tablet you should be able to get one . I urge you to consider the fact that one tablet meds contain multiple meds and it takes no more a few seconds to take more than one pill, leaving the option open for multiple pill regimens gives you many more choices ... just something to consider .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 11:57:36 pm »
Guys,

Stribild, Atripla, and Complera are the one pill a day combos.  There is expected to be another soon, which includes Tivicay and Epzicom.  Truvada is not a one-pill a day regimen for those with HIV.  When you see Truvada taken as one pill a day, that is for PrEP, which is for negative folks to greatly reduce the chances of becoming infected.

Many docs are not starting with Atripla anymore.  It use to be the go-to, but it has a high rate of CNS side-effects.  Although, many do great on it.  You could do great on it.  Docs just figure there are better one-pill regimens now, which are just as effective or even shown to be better, without the CNS side-effects.  If you have a history with depression, then Atripla is not for you.  As I've been told, Complera also has some of the side-effects seen with Atripla.  It was explained to me as probably about half as bad (perhaps even less) as Atripla, in terms of CNS issues.  There is also a 400 calorie requirement with Complera, but most eat that many calories at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Many eat 400 calories with dessert.  I suppose it depends on whether you would prefer to take it right at bedtime, where you would need those 400 calories.  Stribild should just be taken with "some food."  I have been told a 4oz yogurt would be enough. 

Tivicay with either Epzicom or Truvada are good choices, if you don't mind 2 pills.  As I said, Tivicay with Epzicom is expected to be available soon, as a one pill a day regimen.  All the best with your decision.  Jeff is right about considering other regimens.  Although, I know if you have 3 different scripts instead of one, you have to pay all 3 co-pays, instead of just one.  This only matters, depending on how your meds will be paid.  If you have insurance, then you will pay the co-pays for all three.  If you get meds through ADAP, then not an issue-- unless you are required to pay some of the cost. 

Offline raysoda7777

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 12:08:10 am »
Hi, Tednlou

Thank you for the detailed comments!
It seems like Stribild has less side effect according to your comments.
I may try it with yogurt right at bedtime although I should meet the ID doctor first.

Offline absopozilutely

• Love to chat/text/talk/encourage!
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:13 am »
My friend Irisheyes took it with yogurt and unfortunately it can't be taken with dairy, so maybe not yogurt, but a slice of toast. And by dairy I mean milk yogurt liquids mostly, I take mine with cheese and sausage, ok fine a mcmuffin most days and it's fine, I was UD quickly. Best of luck!
12/18 Infected
2/4 12:22pm tested POZ via ORAquick
2/19 WB Confirmation
2/4-2/19 VL 104,678 CD4 407
3/2 Genotype back, and Started Complera
4/2-CD4 688 38% and VL 1,600
5/1-CD4 592 42% and VL 336
5/22-CD4 732 31% and VL 109 :( STILL NOT UD!
5/31 Switched to Stribild :( I'll miss you Complera!
6/19 CD4 508 35% and VL UD!!!!! Crying at work like a baby.
9/19 CD4 799 46% VL UD yayyyy
5/1/19 CD4 1100 VL still UD.

Offline Irish Eyes

• Standard
  • A closed mind is a beautiful thing to lose
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 12:36:37 am »
I was taking stribild with 2 yogurts (300 cal) at night, and my doc suggested that was the possible reason for the blip in my numbers.
Reason being, the calcium in the yogurt inhibited the absorption of the med.
10/30/13          Exposure
Mid-Nov-Jan    Seroconversion (7-8 rough wks)
12.26.2013      WB dx. HIV+
02.01.2014      OraQuick (result Negative?)
01.31.2014      VL 250700
02.03.2014      CD4  491  26%
02.26.2014      CD4  503  26%
03.05.2014      HLA B6701  not present
03.18.2014      VL 530873 (typical fluctuation)
03.21.2014      Start Stribild
04.14.2014      VL 104 after 24 doses
05.12.2014      VL 129 after 52 doses
06.10.2014      CD4 940 32%
06.11.2014      VL 87
07.22.2014      VL 20
09.23.2014      VL 43
11.26.2014      CD4 1350 33%
01.26.2015.     VL 27
01.26.2015      VL <20
06/03/2015      VL 28
06/03/2015      CD4 1135 42%
12/10/2015      VL 27
12/10/2015      CD4 1111 36% cd8+tcell 1058 34%
06/23/2016      VL 49
06/23/2016      CD4 1255 41% cd8+tcell 882 29%

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 12:54:36 am »
Hi, Tednlou

Thank you for the detailed comments!
It seems like Stribild has less side effect according to your comments.
I may try it with yogurt right at bedtime although I should meet the ID doctor first.

Oh, you should definitely go over all regimens with your doc and all the "pros and cons."  Stribild doesn't have the CNS issues that Atripla and to some degree Complera has.  As far as over-all side-effects, any med just depends on the person.  Stribild contains a booster drug, Cobicicstat, which has no activity against HIV.  It is just a booster.  Some don't like the idea of taking a drug, that doesn't really do anything against HIV.  Some may have issues with other meds (non-HIV) being boosted.  So, definitely discuss the regimens with your doc.  Having kidney issues, for example, will help guide a doc with which regimens are best.  Your doc and you can discuss your lifestyle and any medical issues, and make a better informed decision. 

Offline mecch

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 04:23:20 am »
I was taking stribild with 2 yogurts (300 cal) at night, and my doc suggested that was the possible reason for the blip in my numbers.
Reason being, the calcium in the yogurt inhibited the absorption of the med.
Which blip is that?

Offline Irish Eyes

• Standard
  • A closed mind is a beautiful thing to lose
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:00 am »
Which blip is that?

Between 4/14 and 5/12.

Be reminded that HIV and associated numbers are the least of my concerns in my daily life.
I believe ID was perhaps coming up with a possible reason/excuse as to why VL increased as opposed to natural occurrence.
Like I really cared !
10/30/13          Exposure
Mid-Nov-Jan    Seroconversion (7-8 rough wks)
12.26.2013      WB dx. HIV+
02.01.2014      OraQuick (result Negative?)
01.31.2014      VL 250700
02.03.2014      CD4  491  26%
02.26.2014      CD4  503  26%
03.05.2014      HLA B6701  not present
03.18.2014      VL 530873 (typical fluctuation)
03.21.2014      Start Stribild
04.14.2014      VL 104 after 24 doses
05.12.2014      VL 129 after 52 doses
06.10.2014      CD4 940 32%
06.11.2014      VL 87
07.22.2014      VL 20
09.23.2014      VL 43
11.26.2014      CD4 1350 33%
01.26.2015.     VL 27
01.26.2015      VL <20
06/03/2015      VL 28
06/03/2015      CD4 1135 42%
12/10/2015      VL 27
12/10/2015      CD4 1111 36% cd8+tcell 1058 34%
06/23/2016      VL 49
06/23/2016      CD4 1255 41% cd8+tcell 882 29%

Offline mecch

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 10:00:05 am »
That was NOT a blip.   A blip is when a person is undetectable for some time and then has a detected viral load.  As far as I can see, you had just started meds and had yet to reach UD.   Correct? Who called this a blip?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:03:38 am by mecch »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 10:31:54 am »
I am wondering how many years we can survive in average.

With taking medications and having side effects, are you correctly maintaining a job?

I have zero savings. I should work to get the treatment. Even I have to help my family financially.

I am worrying about the case of that I can not do my works correctly. And eventually, I get fired and no money to survive.

I feel too lonely. I can not share my status with my family and any friends.

This depends solely on you, and you alone.

Short story-- and I'll do my best to keep my experience short, because this is about you.

After I was diagnosed I lost everything.  I lost my house, my car, my wife, family pulled away, enjoyment, future; you get the idea.

Today, close to 10 years later I've realized something-- I didn't lose all the above because of HIV.  I lost those things due to the depression I was in.  The depression I ignored to treat.  I treated HIV successfully, but thought I could work through that whole depression thingy.

Boy, was I wrong.

All that stuff I mentioned I lost?  I've gotten it all back, every last bit of it.  I do have an ex-wife now, but I also have a wife who is my best friend.  The family came back because I wasn't an ass anymore.   I couldn't see what the real issue was, and trust people here probably saw it.  I've lost a good 7-8 years I can't get back because I simply fell apart, and never chose to get help for it.  Luckily, I eventually did.

I thank God I never gave up.  The child I had after HIV diagnosis (who's -) will never know she almost never came to be.

If there was one thing I could tell you, just one simple thing-- It would be to realize there will be another tomorrow.  And, you better plan for that tomorrow, because if you don't-- you'll be wasting today.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline raysoda7777

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 08:46:25 pm »

Depression came back and crying again.
I am not sure how I am going to deal with this rest of my life.
I would like to have a girl I like as my wife and have kids with her.
Everything is over. I am so sad when I meet my friends with their family.
I don't think I can have the same thing in my life.

I am cursed from a witch.
This punishment is too much although I did make many mistakes and sometimes did bad things to other folks previously. It is too much.
God please forgive me.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 09:08:51 pm »
Ray, I know how you feel believe me, but it does get better.. people here have told me the same thing, it gets better.. your not alone my friend.. Please try not to stress too much.. don't beat yourself up, we are all human and so are you.. How do you feel physically?

Offline mecch

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:04 pm »
I am cursed from a witch.
This punishment is too much although I did make many mistakes and sometimes did bad things to other folks previously. It is too much.
God please forgive me.

Is this hyperbole, metaphor? Or do you believe in witches, witchcraft, etc?  Honest question...

Do you think you could explain a bit - what bad thing did you do - and hiv is a punishment.

I realise its a common enough world view that people see illness and disease as a punishment for sins.. 

1) Is sickness a punishment from God?

2) Can evil on earth, such as witches or sorcerers, inflict sickness?

I don't know the answers, only my own truth which is the answer is no and no.

I guess I am more intellectual and scientific than spiritual.  I suspect these two questions 1, 2, are asked out of psychology and biology, more than some spiritual or religious wisdom/dictate/belief.  Even though they ARE questions using religion and spirit, these are just vessels, in my opinion for something that is based in biology (survival instinct?) and psychology... 

The best essay that I know about using illness as a metaphor for sin is obviously Illness as Metaphor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illness_as_Metaphor

Illness as Metaphor is a nonfiction work written by Susan Sontag and published in 1978. She challenged the "blame the victim" mentality behind the language society often uses to describe diseases and those who suffer from them.

Drawing out the similarities between public perspectives on cancer (the paradigmatic disease of the 20th century before the appearance of AIDS), and tuberculosis (the symbolic illness of the 19th century), Sontag shows that both diseases were associated with personal psychological traits. In particular, she says that the metaphors and terms used to describe both syndromes lead to an association between repressed passion and the physical disease itself. She notes the peculiar reversal that "With the modern diseases (once TB, now cancer), the romantic idea that the disease expresses the character is invariably extended to assert that the character causes the disease–because it has not expressed itself. Passion moves inward, striking and blighting the deepest cellular recesses."

Sontag went on to write AIDS and its Metaphors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_and_Its_Metaphors

And I highly suggest it.  At least, give the wiki article a read.

_____

You got to find an escape hatch from this AIDS prison cell your mind has built...
You may not be able to marry the woman you have in mind now, it depends on whether she loves you and can deal with HIV, or not.  Thats her deal, though, not yours.  If she is not for you, there will be another.

There are plenty of sero-discordant marriages out there. WITH CHILDREN. 
You have built a PRISON around yourself, but it is false, not a reflection of the reality.

Offline maxmarco

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 04:44:41 pm »
Hi Raysoda, how are you doing?
2007-2014   Infection
2014-08-15   Diagnose
2014-08-27   CD4 85 (11%), VL 21600
2014-09-14   Bactrim and Azithromycin
2014-09-24   CD4 350 (25%), VL 32000
2014-09-26   Stribild
2014-09-29   Identify Bactrim Allergy
2014-10-02   Receive 9/24 results, stop antitbiotics
2014-10-25   CD4 580, VL 40

Max

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.