Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 356
Total: 357

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: stoped feeling sorry for myself  (Read 4302 times)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
stoped feeling sorry for myself
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:51 pm »
Got 8 vials taken today for my quarterly check-up. In Las Vegas I had a credit card only good for $500. Today I got pre-approved for $1,500. Guess I'll take it.

RAB and Willy, Guess I may just make it next year, no matter where it's at. I stand by my decision to help Hippie Lady to get there also.  Then she's on her own (just kidding).

I've had some drama this year and hope to be up and about without another trip to the hospital this next Christmas Eve.

People do accept and support me at work but that doesn't cover my needs for real friends to relate to. Las Vegas gave me so much.  You all gave me so much.  I have more names of people I lost in the 80's, even my last Doctor there.

I'm trying to hang in there and trying to hang strong. There is a lot of pressure on me at work and now I have to justify the system I was mandated to create in 1989. Oh Well. It's in it's third life now. But it's not a Common System in Boeing.  Wish me good luck.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:29:48 pm by lforsyth »
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline weasel

Re: stoped feeling sorry for myself
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:00:11 am »

Good luck , glad you are doing better !

I hope to see everyone next year too !

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:35:48 pm »
I don't know why you are known as Weasel  You are the sweetest man I know. All of you were kind to me and treated me like I was just another human being. At work I'm treated like that guy with HIV or worse, The guy with AID's.

I had a moment of being treated like I was the normal in my Life.

Thank you All
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:15:19 pm »
RAB and Willy, Guess I may just make it next year, no matter where it's at. I stand by my decision to help Hippie Lady to get there also.  Then she's on her own (just kidding).

Hey L:  that sounds great.  Sorry for all the other stuff though.

RAB

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:15:01 pm »
Hello ifrosyth---we all have periods off feeling sorry for ourselves, and periods too when we read a situation the wrong way. Just part off the deal, anyway are you computer worker? if so and a system you created in 89 is still being used thats rare is it not ?

Take care
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:07:52 pm »
Just an update.

Four weeks ago I had an infection. This week I had another one.  A cist above my right knee became infected and I went to urgent care. It was lanced and I'm now coming out from the  numbing (OUCH). My Primary Doctor wants me in his office tomorrow.

This has been a hell of a year.  Starting with Heart Attack and now this.  The bright spot was the "Gathering" in August.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »
The Doctor saw me today and lanced the cist again.  He wanted to do it without numming me first. I could accept the lancing but then he poked the scissors with the crooked end in and started getting more puss out.

That would have hurt without preparation.  I'm into Leather and some Fetish but that would definitely been beyond my comfort zone. I wonder if he's been hanging out in leather bars.

I was put on pain pills on top of antibiotics so I'm taking vacation days from work but I brought my laptop from work home to keep up.  Can't be on if I'm on my pain pills as I could wright something inappropriate.

I'm just hoping to get through this year and into the next to see as many of you as possible next year.

Have I mentioned that I Love You All So Very MUCH!

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:47 pm »
RAB, I Love you like a Brother But, I've been to Seattle on three occasions. 1) Skating with Ice Follies at the World's Fair Arena. 2) A stop on the way to the Vancouver World's Fair. 3) Excel Developer's conference and had Dinner with Bill Gates.

Never been to Washington D.C., Florida or New Orleans. My BAD.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:12:18 pm by lforsyth »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.