Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:16:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 653
Total: 653

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My control -regarding VL and some questions..............  (Read 2064 times)

Offline SASA39

My control -regarding VL and some questions..............
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:25:08 am »
Today I was at the control with my doc who is a good doc but a very closed as a person.
Because he is a chief of the staff here and there are only 3 doc in whole Serbia in this particularly department , switching a doctor would not bring any good because all others are submitted to him .

So here we go :
09.00 AM :
Me : Good day doc
D : Good day , how are you
M: So -so I have some questions to ask you .........
D: OK

Q1 : What about my VL in October .It was 0 and a CD4 was 58.How can it be?
A: Hm..........let me see.................oh yes .......we did not perform a VL that time so it was not 0 , you do not have it ..........( but the other doc said to me straightly on the Oct 3 , that they want { and that is a goal of therapy }to remain my VL undetectable-I could swear at it ! ).
Maybe they have lost it somewhere..............
"So, it went down to 0 in a 1,5 months and I`m pleased with it."
And I have posted a post regarding my undetectable VL before:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=12229.0

Q2:
Sustiva is giving me a hard time , I can concentrate , and how I`m supposed to go to work in that way..............
A: Well..................it is usuall to feel that way.........................

Q3: My lower leg joints are swelling and I cannot take a lot of sunshine
A :...........Hmmmm......let me see...oh , you do not have a Jaundice ........so..........keep an eye on your legs and  wear a hat

Q4: I `m going to take a vacation abroad. Would you be able to give me some kind of your affirmation on paper in case of custom query ?
A:.........and who is going to fumble your luggage ? Custom ? Why ?
Just put your therapy in your luggage ( he did not emphasizes hand one ) and travel...............

Q5: What about Bactrim ?
A: You can stop it now , yes........................

Q6 : And I`m taking some additional supplements : C vitamin , alpha lipoic acid , omega3 fatty acids , ( last time he has told me that it might be OK )..........
A: I do not know , maybe you should stop them , there is almost no evidence that they improve someone health ,.............and yes vitamins , especially B12 , are you eating bread ? That should do .................

DOC : and yes , when was your last VL check -in March ? ( it was in Dec ) . We could do it now.......
Q : And what about CD4 ?
DOC : It is still broken.......................

DOC : Are you taking your escitalopram ?( 5mg a day is a questionable dose for a 6 feet 3 " and a 242 pounds person).
Just continue on it............here let me give to you another dosage............

And he forgot almost completely about my HPV that had reoccured again ( and he know it ) , Sustiva rash , and tiredness , and did not gave me to perform any blood or urine test so far   ???

Whole conversation took place for no more than 15` , 20` max. and I was almost at the end of a Que.End time was about 9.20 and all docs take patients daily only till 11 .When I left his office , there was only one man waiting.....

I was preparing to ask him some more ,( about new methods in HIV  treatman, participating here in forums) but after this I had to shut up , pack my things and say : " Thanks doc ......"
( And I have heard  (maybe wrong )that sometimes if he is not pleased with a fact that there could be a second opinion , he just say : " Well , go to him , and let him be your doc ....................."

Your thoughts and suggestions.................
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:34:40 pm by SASA39 »
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.