Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 344
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What Do You Guys/Gals Make of Drag Queens???  (Read 12956 times)

Offline 1228GUY

What Do You Guys/Gals Make of Drag Queens???
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:32:38 am »
Just wondering the diff opinions people hold??? :)
12.28.09 - Rcvd call I should test
12.29.09 - Confirmed
01.19.10 - VL 30015  CD4 172
03.18.10 - VL 1627    CD4 193
04.15.10 - VL 965      CD4 248
07.09.10 - VL 227      CD4 233 (19%)
08.12.10 - VL 99        CD4 280 (18%)
12.03.19 - VL 79        CD4 262 (21%)
02.09.11 - VL 90        CD4 376 (19%)
05.20.11 - VL 106      CD4 196 (25%)
06.23.11 - VL 82        CD4 289
08.05.11 - VL UD       CD4 286
11.04.11 - VL 54        CD4 305
03.02.12 - VL UD       CD4 523
04.30.12 - VL 74
08.12.12 - VL 153      CD4 353
11.15.12 - VL 43        CD4 443
01.11.13 - VL 39       
03.29.12 - VL UD        CD4 640
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Truvada.Norvir.Prezista - Serostim HGH

Offline tednlou2

Re: What Do You Guys/Gals Make of Drag Queens???
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:48:24 am »
Well, I've known a few I'm friends with.  Most of them look better in drag than out--at least the ones I know.  But, when I don't know them, they kinda scare me like clowns do.  It is that clown, santa, Easter Bunny thing where they are hidden.  Overall, I enjoy them.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 01:55:17 am »
As I understand it, drag queens are gay men in womens' clothing.

It is considered to be a form of transvestism and should not be confused with transsexualism.

cf Drag king.

I wonder if the OP is a drag queen?

MtD

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:19:42 am »
Here in Atlanta, I noticed that a few of the "glamour" drag queens (svelte, athletic, feminine) have transitioned over the years. First by adding breasts, then having gender reassignment surgery. The "camp" drag queens tend to maintain a masculine persona when out of drag. Some manage to straddle both worlds for decades. The drag scene in Atlanta seems to have seriously tapered off, I noticed.

Though drag queens and leather bars remain the most active HIV and AIDS awareness spokespersons, and continue to draw crowds for benefits beyond almost any other segment of the gay population. I respect those who give to the community, and those who entertain others.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 03:02:21 am »
Here in Atlanta, I noticed that a few of the "glamour" drag queens (svelte, athletic, feminine) have transitioned over the years. First by adding breasts, then having gender reassignment surgery. The "camp" drag queens tend to maintain a masculine persona when out of drag. Some manage to straddle both worlds for decades. The drag scene in Atlanta seems to have seriously tapered off, I noticed.

Though drag queens and leather bars remain the most active HIV and AIDS awareness spokespersons, and continue to draw crowds for benefits beyond almost any other segment of the gay population. I respect those who give to the community, and those who entertain others.

Is Charlie Brown and Raven still in Atlanta?  We have Hurricane Summers here in Louisville.  I guess she's still here.  She left and came back.

Offline john33

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:20:57 am »
Just wondering the diff opinions people hold??? :)

Some of the funniest people with the bitchiest comments I know. and I luv em for it.

I remember having a drunken exchange with Lucy the Drag Hostess in Funny Girls in Blackpool. Must have been really drunk as She's the only person I know of who's left Anne Robinson speechless (Weakest Link)

John

(edited for spelling)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 04:40:32 am »
Hurricane Summers here in Louisville.

Great drag name, bravo!

I find drag less and less entertaining as the years roll on but good drag deserves respect.

As people I like the older drag queens.  The younger ones tend to be less charming and human.  For example there were quite a few young ones on the second season of RuPaul and they were not so appealing.

I dated a famous drag queen when I was younger and al the role playing became too much for me. He was a great guy, very sexy, and a great drag, too, but I ended up feeling seriously gender fucked.   Drags tend to be be pretty fierce people.

As for transvestites and transsexuals I don't have much experience, really.  My drag boyfriend took me to transvestite bars and it was really trippy. Average men in average women's clothes being pursued by "straight" men who wanted "women" with dicks. To me, it seemed banal, and bizarre, and overly complicated and confused.

People convinced that they were born the wrong sex and who than transition to the other sex - transsexuals - thats just a hard blow in life, isnt it? I can't imagine who difficult it must be to be young and in the wrong body! I've learned of some success stories but also a lot of sad results, too. 

A couple of years ago there was a wave of lesbians who transitioned to men.  A story that repeated a few times was that one lady in a lesbian couple would transition, and then the relationship would be thrown off because it wasnt homosexual anymore, so the other would transition. So the lesbian couple ends up a gay couple.  Hows that for unique, and complicated!

In my town there are two guys, each married to women and with children, and they became women and stayed more or less with the wife as a family unit. Don't know what happens in the bedroom.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:44:38 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 05:53:28 am »
I've never done drag but I love a clever drag queen. I want to see something original, funny and preferably irreverent. They need to bring something more to the stage than just jumping into a gown and lip-synching "The Greatest Love of All".

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 06:35:39 am »
I've never done drag but I love a clever drag queen. I want to see something original, funny and preferably irreverent. They need to bring something more to the stage than just jumping into a gown and lip-synching "The Greatest Love of All".

Says the guy who looks like a condom full of walnuts.

Sorry Ford, but really. :)

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 08:10:08 am »
Is Charlie Brown and Raven still in Atlanta?  We have Hurricane Summers here in Louisville.  I guess she's still here.  She left and came back.

Does Hurricane Summers do Tina Turner songs a lot?  If so this is hands down the most hilarious comedian bar none I have ever seen.  She performed at The Connection in Nashville a handful of times and had the entire crowd rolling.  People would buy her shots and as she did them she would tell these nasty limericks.

I find some drag queens to be wildly entertaining and some to be wastes of time, as for friends I've had a couple drag queens as friends.  Once a drag queen friend of mine who I'm convinced was angry at me was helping me select a hair product and suggested I used African American pomade as my mane was particularly wild at the time.  It worked alright, but I could not get that shit out for a week.  During that week I had to have washed my hair at least 40 times.  I did however have a level of control over my hair that was simply amazing I could've written the declaration of independence on my scalp in hair had I chosen to.

Offline poz1970

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 01:08:34 pm »
IMO, its not my thing, but it makes them happy... each to their own!
Drag shows, if they actually sang it.... I'd like drag shows alot more.

J.
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline mecch

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 02:01:49 pm »
My NY experience is that any drag queen worth her sequins sings.  Lipsynching too but emphasis on irony and comedy.

Two words for dinosaurs here:  Pyramid and Whispers!

http://motherboards.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4006060101/m/7466028701/p/2

Hapi Pface was pure joy. Best naked and doing a so simple and classy tuck, just hidden behind the-legs-squeezed-together.

All the legends tramped through there sooner or later.

Misstress Formika had a great party and concept as well!!

We were all floored by Lypsinka's early shows.

Most of us ran screaming out of the bar when Joey Arias would channel Billie Holiday. It was like nails on chalkboard.  He was better much younger, and then again much older with his bizarro vegas act.

Varla Jean Merman can belt very well and does wonderful shows.

Sandra Bernhard was an honorary drag, as is now Lady Gaga.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 02:40:18 pm »
I have a lot of love and respect for drag queens.  There bold enough to be who they want.  In a world where most people are sheeple just stumbling around to be normal and try to fit in. Drag Queen's stand out with being unique and being themselves. 
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 05:35:54 pm »
Drags queens are great! So long as after you have intimacies with them (thinking they are anything but a drag queen) they dont take you to the spare bedroom to show you their wigs and dresses and pumps, and you get totally freaked out cause you were thinking you jsut had sex with a voracious top....

Not that that's ever happened to me.

-Will

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:37:55 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 05:40:58 pm »
I was once spanked by Brandy Wine on stage at The Tunnel (Manhattan club)... my friends were aghast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtcFaI_XJ2w
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 01:22:13 am »
Does Hurricane Summers do Tina Turner songs a lot?  If so this is hands down the most hilarious comedian bar none I have ever seen.  She performed at The Connection in Nashville a handful of times and had the entire crowd rolling.  People would buy her shots and as she did them she would tell these nasty limericks.

I find some drag queens to be wildly entertaining and some to be wastes of time, as for friends I've had a couple drag queens as friends.  Once a drag queen friend of mine who I'm convinced was angry at me was helping me select a hair product and suggested I used African American pomade as my mane was particularly wild at the time.  It worked alright, but I could not get that shit out for a week.  During that week I had to have washed my hair at least 40 times.  I did however have a level of control over my hair that was simply amazing I could've written the declaration of independence on my scalp in hair had I chosen to.

Yes, she does a very good impression of Tina.  Although she's white, you don't even think about that.  She is very funny.  You've been to Connection Nashville?  The main Connection is here in Louisville.  It is one of the biggest gay bars I've ever been to---bigger than Backstreet was in Atlanta.  We have a huge drag bar with balconies and several other bars attached.  There's a leather bar where there's a see-through glass at the urinals.  There's a bench on the other side where you can watch people pee pee.  They closed Connection Nashville. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 01:27:21 am »
good times -- I used to hang out here in the early 90's all of the time.  Plus this is her "Barbara Please!" routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwBImEgilQ

I hope someone else here used to go to Wigstock annually.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:30:57 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 01:32:24 am »
I'm trying to think of all the funny drag names I've heard over the years.  Pat McGroin comes to mind.  Anita Dick. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 01:38:57 am »
Wow... this one's still around.  I first met her in Puerto Rico 15 years ago. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3v61M9QQQ

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 01:40:16 am »
I wonder if Rev. Moon remembers this one -- didn't you used to live in Astoria?  She always used to perform at Krash on Steinway Avenue in the mid-90's.  Probably before you're time though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzTcjtrNm0s

Note that this is for the Festival Dominicano!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:42:49 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline edfu

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 02:41:40 am »
I've always liked "Bessie Mae Mucho."  
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline mecch

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 04:55:25 am »
Michael Musto made a couple good lists a while back:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/archives/2009/04/some_more_drag.php

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 09:01:27 am »
My drag name would be Mary Areola.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 11:20:30 am »
Yes, she does a very good impression of Tina.  Although she's white, you don't even think about that.  She is very funny.  You've been to Connection Nashville?  The main Connection is here in Louisville.  It is one of the biggest gay bars I've ever been to---bigger than Backstreet was in Atlanta.  We have a huge drag bar with balconies and several other bars attached.  There's a leather bar where there's a see-through glass at the urinals.  There's a bench on the other side where you can watch people pee pee.  They closed Connection Nashville. 

I didn't know that the bar was a sister bar to one in Louisville although I did know that it had closed down.  I remember going into the western bar and offering to buy a couple cowboys a drink and being incredibly turned off when the designer bags came flying out of their mouths.  There was a massive drag bar, dance bar, gift shop, jazz lounge, and all of thjis was contained in one building.  It was a fantastic bar and always incredibly busy I'm not really sure how they went out of business.  I was actually very good friends with Regine Phillips who was this little phillipino drag tranny who did an amazing Janet Jackson.  Anyway, Hurricane is most assuredly the one I'm thinking of I would love to come see her perform again, hell I might make a trip to Louisville just for that.

Offline alliance

• hmmmm. . .
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 11:36:31 am »
I like having drag queens around. I dont understand them, but I dont care. I dont have to. When I first "experienced" them, a friend told me to reframe them, the flamboyant ones, as party clowns. Personally, I look at it as either just a costume or different way of dressing. They are fun to have around at the bars and add richness of diversity to the crowds. I dont care who they have sex with, or what sex they are, anymore than I want anyone else to know what I "got going on." I like to compliment them if they look bored. Try it! Compliment their shoes or hair or jewelry. (Be authentic, not patronizing). It'll make the world a better place. :)

And of course I should mention some of my favorite drag queens, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, some of the most noble drag queens of all. (I think they call themselves drag queens)
http://www.thesisters.org/   There are also some extremely creative names among them!

"An order of queer nuns, founded in San Francisco thirty-one years ago, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence is now a full-fledged pastoral and charitable organization, having given away more than a million dollars. They've also raised pioneers in LGBT and AIDS/HIV rights to sainthood, creating their own holy calendar."

"Soon after the San Francisco Order was founded in 1979, the mission of the Sisters ? to promulgate universal joy, expiate stigmatic guilt and serve the community ? spread far and wide. Houses can be found across the United States and in several countries around the world."

The link below is a  local chapter list.

http://www.thesisters.org/world_orders.html

Support your local "Sisters"!

By the way, any "Sisters" in the house?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:45:47 am by alliance »
"The influence of each human being on others in this life is a kind of immortality."
10/10/12   CD4=378  %=32   VL=UD
5/10/12     CD4=426  %=32  VL=UD
11/15/11   CD4=296  %=29  VL=UD(20)
6/15/11     CD4=345  %=29  VL=UD(38)
3/15/11     CD4=317  %=31  VL=UD
12/1/10     CD4=315  %=28  VL=UD
8/11/10     CD4=250  %=25  VL=UD
6/10/10     CD4=380  %=24  VL=UD
3/4/10       CD4=340  %=22   VL=UD
1/11/10     CD4=312  %=22   VL =130
11/30/09   CD4=228  %=19  VL=1726
11/20/09    started atripla
10/15/09   CD4=281  %=18   VL=85,000

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 11:38:51 am »
Personally I don't see much difference between a man dressed in leather and a drag queen.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 12:34:21 pm »
When I was bartending at a gay club they made us bartenders do something called turn about night . The queens had to tend bar and we did the shows in drag .

I thought if I made myself extra ugly I would be excused but that only made them like me more . My name was Amber Alert . The boss man took pity on me and let me tend bar so I wouldn't have to do a show . They never asked me to do it again because I was really uncomfortable with it .

I have more than a few Trans friends I love dearly .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 09:19:08 pm »
I wonder if Rev. Moon remembers this one -- didn't you used to live in Astoria?  She always used to perform at Krash on Steinway Avenue in the mid-90's.  Probably before you're time though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzTcjtrNm0s

Note that this is for the Festival Dominicano!

Escuelita!!!  Yeah, I'm an Astoria queen.   Jessica Foxx is voluptuously fabulous.

Here she is doing CeCe Peniston.  Back in 94 she loved to include her music for her shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-yghm46SHA&feature=related
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »
Oh, and here's my good friend Daisy Dead Petals.  I have always loved her irreverent style.  Not your average drag queen at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQuXW2GXhBM&feature=related

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 09:41:10 pm »
Speaking of Boy George, I just watched the 2010 TV biopic "Worried about the Boy" - about Boy George's pre-stardom youth.

Well the actor playing the young Boy, was slim, and gorgeous!  Obviously fat padded for the role. The Marilyn actor was gorgeous too. As were all Boy's boyfriends!  Then I went to youtube and saw some Marilyn videos. Gee, they do NOT date well. What a strung out no talent.  

Boy holds up well as an artist.  Have you seen his latest video? Pretty!  (The vid, not Boy, anymore  :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfmcLE5BNLI
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:44:34 pm by mecch »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

Boy holds up well as an artist.  Have you seen his latest video? Pretty!  (The vid, not Boy, anymore  :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfmcLE5BNLI

That's an awesome Vid! I quite like it!

was I tripping or did I see Gene Simmons playing the harp?

-Will
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:56:42 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mecch

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 07:00:54 am »
Good eye! I hadn't caught that Kiss face!

I like the funny corny tacky pretty boy dancer.

Offline mecch

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 07:34:01 am »
The Boy biopic is still making me think today. Spoiler alert.

One of the central themes is his gender benderness, and his search for love.  There are some incredibly touching and realistic scenes with his equally confused boyfriends. In fact the boyfriends are more confused than he is. Its a little bit hard to understand in the film because the actor is too pretty and too handsome and too thin.  Boy was a homely chub who transformed himself with makeup and fashion and gesture into something very seductive and appealing.  He wants a gay boyfriend and wants to be considered a boy, neither of which is working very well, so he asks Marilyn why the gay boys dont want him. Marilyn matter of factly explains that gay boys will never be attracted to him, he's too different and feminine.  So then Boy focuses on the bi guys who say they are straight but find themselves oddly compelled by Boy and become his lover.  One insists before he can jump into it, that Boy declare he is a girl. And Boy says "I'm your girl" (rather significant because he doesnt say "I AM A GIRL" but more if YOU need me to be a girl, for your love, ok) and he has to repeat this over and over to the boyfriend during the relationship.  He goes overboard and acts it out - gets into a fantasy of being the suburban wife of a successful rock star.  That goes to hell.

(That lover was Kirk Bradon who never became a big star, and later in 1995 sued Boy George saying he hadn't been his lover. He lost! Hahahaha, still a desperate closet case I guess.)

Of course, then it repeats with Jon Moss his lover from the Culture Club band. In the movie, Moss is rather nicer to Boy - after he dumps him hes still kind.

Its interesting the story is told in flashback from Boy's junkie year of public shame. And in those scenes he is no longer the Boy George fat girlly image the world has of him, but a now a skinny gay enough looking pretty guy.  There are multiple symbolisms of when he puts on and takes off his make up and what it signifies.   One time the younger boy says that he would give anything to look like a "straight" but macho/pretty gay boy.

The biopic got bad reviews as being slow and boring without much action but I thought it was full of insight into this world of famewhoring, gender bending, fashion, drugs.  

I looked up his recent troubles with getting sober, again, and the hustler he chained and abused and went to prison over.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/people/court-hears-singer-beat-and-chained-male-escort/2008/11/25/1227491491795.html

The hustler who seems to have driven him mad is very much like the boys who drove him crazy in youth -
NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22223241@N04/

Maculine beaut, a bit rough, but also somehow angelic and soft in the eyes. Easily gay for pay, or maybe open for love.

Or just the basic gay so many of us had become by the 90's?

Or the metrosexual straight, as well?

All the lines are blurred now.   South Park's Metrosexual clibs does it all rather well.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:04:39 am by mecch »

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 07:52:42 am »
That's an awesome Vid! I quite like it!

was I tripping or did I see Gene Simmons playing the harp?

-Will

Indeed awesome. Can you imagine what this video would be like in 3D ?

(Saw parts of Monsters v.s Aliens yesterday on a demo Samsung 3D led tv.....to die for)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 09:22:46 am »
I have a deep respect for Drag Queens, because they were the first to get out there in the '70's and show themselves for Gay Rights.  They were the ones who were the centerpiece of parades, protest marches and generally the outspoken ones who led the movement for Gay Rights.  They were the ones that wouldn't take no for an answer, and were always "out" there.  During the first days of the HIV Pandemic, it was The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence who were the public organizers and the spokes people in an effort to get the government to pay attention to the viral plague.

Drag Queens are special, and are to be respected, simply because they didn't give a damn what anyone said or thought, and we in this current day are living the consequences of their outspokeness.  I thank them all.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.