Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:35:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Las Vegas  (Read 9811 times)

Offline Worried2006

Las Vegas
« on: March 16, 2007, 02:38:31 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I would like to say that i think this web site is very usefull for people who are worried.

My story goes like this.In December 2006 i went to Las Vegas for 5 nights,on the last night we decided to go to a strip club where i had sexual contact with one of the girls which involved touching her breasts sucking her breasts and finger penetration.The thing i was worried about was that i had a chapped lip and was worried that some of her fluid may have got into my lip.

The second thing that i was worried about was because i was so worried when i got back to the UK i found a clinic in London that test 28 days after exposure which involved a finger prick to gather blood.After the test which showed negative the girl in the clinic gave me some cotton wool to stop my finger bleeding.After a few mins i went to reception to pay for the test,while the girl was doing the payment i had my hand face down on the counter and noticed some blood by my finger, i thought it was my blood so i licked my finger with saliva and wiped the blood away with the same finger i had the test done from.After i left the clinic i started to get worried that it may not have been my blood and may have got into my system.

I would like to know if any of the above situations could be a risk of HIV or other STDS like herpes or clamidia.
I have had a very sore throat since end of Jan and a chest infection.

Thanx for your help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 05:49:44 pm »
Neither of those two incidents put you at risk for HIV transmission. Anyone who's sexually active, and you appear to be such, needs to become better informed about the real risks for HIV transmission.

Read the lesson on Transmission on this site. There's a liink to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. You'll get all the basics there. Then you won't have to be concerned about such fanciful things as what occured when you went to get tested.

As for your symptoms, you should be discussing them with your doctor. There's nothing even remotely HIV specific about them.

Anyone who's sexually active should have a full STD panel done at least annually and every six months is even better. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV, and even just by skin to skin contact. Getting tested regularly will ensure that everything is under control. 
Andy Velez

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 06:55:30 am »
Thanks for you help Andy.

I still have some worries.

The other day i noticed i have very dry sore itchy skin on my penis,i have also had a few outbreaks of red spots on my penis and my anus has also been itchy and a bit sore.I am worried that i may have got herpes from the stripper and also worried that herpes can be a way of contracting HIV.

Since i have been back from Vegas i have been very worried and depressed that i may have contracted HIV or herpes.

Towards the end of January i developed a very dry sore throat and cough that i still have now.Other symptoms include headaches,stange feelings in my groin (not sure if lymph nodes are swollen) pain at the back of my knees,lower back pain including pain down the back of my legs,head cold,aching muscles and a general feeling of not been myself,lack of motivation.

I look forward to reading your advice.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 07:36:54 am »
Hi Worried,

I've deleted the other thread which you began before it received anymore responses. Please keep all your questions and comments in this thread so readers can follow the conversation.

There is still nothing you have reported symptomatically which is suggestive of HIV, but then that's not surprising since nothing you have done would have put you at risk for transmission.

Herpes is a separate issue. If you come into contact with someone who is having an active herpes outbreak, it can be passed by skin to skin contact. I am NOT saying you have herpes or that the various concerns you mention are symptomatic of herpes. What I am saying is that you should see your doctor and discuss whatever is bothering you like the skin on your penis, etc. Actually whatever you have described sound like garden variety events to me, but we cannot diagnose symptoms here and we're not in the guessing business.

I will say that much of what you have described also seems like an overzealous concern on your part driven by anxiety. Still, when there are troubling symptoms it's always good to have them checked out medically.

You keep throwing HIV into the mix here and I don't see any science-based reality for that. This is NOT an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 07:54:03 am »
Hi Andy

I will get a check up at the std clinic.Have there ever been any documented situations where a person has contracted HIV from catching herpes.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 08:03:36 am »
The relationship between HIV and herpes is this. If you already had herpes and were having an active outbreak, that would make you more vulnerable to HIV transmission through unprotected intercourse as your immune system would be lower during an outbreak.

But you didn't have herpes during the incident you were concerned about so I don't see it as an issue in this situation.
Andy Velez

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 08:26:15 am »
Andy

Would it have been possible to get herpes from what i did with the stripper,if so is it possible that the HIV virus could have been passed on also.

Thanx.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 08:33:21 am »
From the activities you have described I would consider getting herpes to be unlikely.

That's something to discuss with your doctor.

I've already told you that you were not at risk for HIV. You just keep mixing the two together without any basis in HIV science. Anxiety is fogging your brain. This is not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline Worried2006

Night sweats.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 12:22:20 pm »
Hello there

Just a quick question,if a person was infected with HIV when would they experience night sweats.Does it happen when sero conversion happens only.

Thanx.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Night sweats.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 12:25:16 pm »
You need to keep your thoughts in your original thread.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 12:27:21 pm »
Night sweats can occur for MANY reasons other than HIV infection.  They are not a symptom of HIV infection if that is what you are looking for, but then again only a test will tell you for sure what your status is.

In regards to your Las Vegas incident you needn't worry that HIV is the cause of your night sweats.
RIDE!!!

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 12:33:44 pm »
Thanx for your advice.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 01:13:21 pm »
I've merged your threads into this one. Please keep all of your comments and questions in this thread. Do not start anymore new threads. This allows readers to follow the conversation more clearly.

Thanks for your cooperation.

As for night sweats, as you have already been told, they occur for all sorts of reasons including stress, and are absolutely NOT an HIV-specific occurence. Which is no surprise in your case since you haven't reported doing anything which has put you at risk for HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 03:05:31 pm »
Hi Andy

Sorry to keep asking, but i have a hypothetical question.If i had a pin prick in my finger and i touched fresh blood infected with HIV outside the body would there be any way of infection.

Thanx again.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 03:06:40 pm »
NO.  Hiv transmission does not occur this way.  HIV is VERY fragile and is not transmitted outside the body.
RIDE!!!

Offline Worried2006

Re: Just Tested Poz
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 07:30:46 am »
Hello, I need bigger guns.

I would like to ask a question if that is o.k i have been worried about HIV since end of December (my story is in the am i infected link) Can you remember when you were going through sero conversion and if so what kind of symptoms did you experience,what kind of breathing problems and sinus problems did you get.Have you still got symptoms or did they get better.

Thanx for your help.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Re: Just Tested Poz
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 01:25:18 pm »
Hello, I need bigger guns.

I would like to ask a question if that is o.k i have been worried about HIV since end of December (my story is in the am i infected link) Can you remember when you were going through sero conversion and if so what kind of symptoms did you experience,what kind of breathing problems and sinus problems did you get.Have you still got symptoms or did they get better.

Thanx for your help.

Worried2006, DO NOT POST IN THIS FORUM you are NOT HIV+, and you have already asked this question in the "Im I Infected" forum. Please do not hijack other people's threads.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 02:43:02 pm »
Worried,

You've got some self-centered nerve asking someone who is dealing with a new diagnosis questions like this after you have not even had the slightest risk of infection. You've been told you had no risk - no risk = no seroconversion for you. Sorry to disappoint you mate.

Read the Welcome thread and abide by our forum posting guidelines or you WILL be given a time out. Don't let me catch you posting in the other forums again.

Got it?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 07:52:43 am »
Hello everyone.

First i would like to say sorry for going onto the i am infected site,that was very wrong of me and it will not happen again i was just not thinking due to anxiety.

I still have some worry.I went to see my doctor about my symptoms ie; sore throat,chest infection, shortness of breath.I still have sore anus and keep getting rashes appear on my body normally in the morning when i first get up.They are like small sunburn rashes but then disappear soon after.My GP could not explain my symptoms with shortness of breath and sore throat just said to try some gaviscon.

Im just still worried about symptoms.(Sorry to keep going on about it but if find it helps to talk about it.

Thanx.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 07:58:48 am »
worried,

Symptoms or even the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Your symptoms could not possibly have anything to do with hiv as you have not had a risk.

If your symptoms persist, you will simply have to go back to your doctor and have him take a second look. My guess is that they are down to anxiety, pure and simple - but see your doctor again to be sure.

You can test over this if you like, but don't be surprised by your negative result. You didn't have a risk for hiv in any way, shape or form. No way.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 07:31:01 am »
Hello

I would just like to know how accurate the line immunoassay rapid hiv antibody test is after 3 months of possible exposure.I have heard people sometimes test poss after 6 months.

Thanx

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 07:42:03 am »
It's an FDA approved test and it is accurate at 3 months. There is no need for further testing if you have tested negative at 3 months unless you have been an IV drug user who's shared needles or have been treated for cancer or anything else which has severely depleted your immune system.

Andy Velez

Offline Worried2006

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 08:16:42 am »
Thanx Andy.

Just for my own peace of mind im going to get tested on Tuesday 17th April which is 3 months after i touched the blood in the London clinic,if it is negative i think i will be able to move on.Im just worried about how im feeling at the moment as i dont feel myself and i still have some symptoms.

Thanx.

Offline Worried2006

Oral sex
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 10:03:12 am »
Hello everyone, hope you can help as im a bit worried about a situation.

At the start of August i went for a massage where they also offer sexual services. I received oral sex (blow job) from the woman, then we had penetration sex with condom. The problem is i cant remember if i was wearing condom when she did oral sex. If i was not wearing condom would there be any risk of hiv infection during oral. The last few days i have had very loose bowl movements and a very upset stomach. I also feel a bit week and tired.

I have read there is a small risk through oral sex, what are your thoughts in my situation.

Thank you for your help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 10:12:38 am »
As requested in our Welcome thread, please follow our ruile and keep all of your entries in this same thread. I have merged your older one with your latest question. Thanks for your cooperation.

Your possibly not having worn a condom to receive oral sex did not put you at risk for HIV transmission. In the entire epidemic there's never been a confirmed case of a guy becoming infected in that manner. Not one! The important thing is  you wore a condom for intercourse. They provide very effective protection, so there's nothing about this incident that put you at risk for HIV.

Other STDs are much easier to acquire so we strongly recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done at least annually.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

You have nothing to be concerned about related to HIV this time.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.