Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:13:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 246
Total: 247

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ChinaTown  (Read 6825 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
ChinaTown
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »
Was scouting out areas fairly near the Chandler and saw Chinatown. I Would absolutely love to have some good Dim Sum from Chinatown!

Can anyone comment on this area and or the food there? Is the area safe (will I get raped and pillaged?) Is the food edible? (or will I be married to the toilet for the remainder of the stay?)

-Will :)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: ChinaTown
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 02:20:34 pm »
Was scouting out areas fairly near the Chandler and saw Chinatown. I Would absolutely love to have some good Dim Sum from Chinatown!

Can anyone comment on this area and or the food there? Is the area safe (will I get raped and pillaged?) Is the food edible? (or will I be married to the toilet for the remainder of the stay?)

-Will :)

I'm not a huge Dim Sum fan, but my partner loves it and misses his Boston Dim Sum splurges.  I'll check with him tonight and see if he has any specific recommendations.  There really aren't too many "unsafe" areas in Boston -- unless you are trolling the streets at 4:00am, I think Chinatown is unlikely to result in any raping or pillaging (now if that is what you are looking for, I might be able to suggest something...   ;) ).

Mike

Offline mjmel

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:37:23 pm »
Likewise, was checking out Chinatown. I'm defiinitely in for a lunch or dinner any place there.
I don't think there are but one or two places that didn't get decent reviews. However, Chau Chow City has average rating of 4 out of 5 stars, dim sum cuisiine.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:45:38 pm by mjmel »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:20:59 pm »
Lol, Bock. My "trolling the streets at 4am" days are over, plus I'm not packing any high heels. But one never knows about a lil pillaging. But yes please ask your partner for any recomendations on ChinaTown...

Mj,
Let's definately plan on a lunch or dinner in C-Town! and of course anyone else who wishes to go  :)

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:14:25 pm »
I've taxed his memory, but he recalls hitting both the Emperor's Garden and Imperial Seafood for dim sum.  Of course, he stresses -- this was years ago.

there are some great places for pillaging in the Back Bay Fens.........  Not that I ever went there, I, um, have just, uh, heard of them... yeah that's it.....   ;)

Mike

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:12 pm »
Definately many places in China town to have a decent meal...some very elaborate, some strictly tourist  some local lunch places for a the city workers......have a look around when we get there...only a few block to wander around and check menus....been to many of them over the years........never got sick from food..

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:55:28 pm »
Where are we talking about now?

Monsoon storm is out my window and I was just on. You guys are quick to change venues. Guys, Queens, what's the difference. I thought that we were talking about New Orleans.???

I was looking forward to hanging out of hotel windows to pick up men.

Then OOPS!

Sorry
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:59:30 pm by lforsyth »
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 09:58:34 pm »
Jebus Il! This was about Boston posted more than a year ago  ;D

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 10:01:46 pm »
Time to go to bed.  I've too many glasses of wine. ME BAD!

Thanks Will. You little devil.
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.