Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:24:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 595
Total: 598

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Spring in Missouri  (Read 4760 times)

Offline weasel

Spring in Missouri
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:56:37 pm »

So I go out to the dog water bowl    (   5 foot x 9 inch kitty pool )

This morning and find   2,000   POLLY WOGS  :o

We had heard a bull frog the other night .

Bob helped me strain the dog water bowl into a five gallon bucket using

a kitchen sieve .   I took my little Polly wogs down to the brook and placed them .

I ended up playing with a  Painted Turtle for a half hour  :D

Glad my pool filter works , GOD only knows what I would find ..............

The 17 year cicada bugs are wonderful , Like a space ship landing !

My dog ZIPPY loves to eat all kinds of bugs , Zippy is in heaven now .

Next week he Will be disappointed  :-[

Would be nice if Zippy ate TICKS  ;)

Weasel

P.s. got seven mosquito bites in the process

" Live and let Live "

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Spring in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »
We call them tadpoles. Speaking of reptiles, yesterday I was in the hammock reading when I looked down and saw what at first appeared to be a toad with a really long tail. I then realized an 8-inch garter snake that had bitten the toad on the butt and the toad was far too large for the snake to eat. The toad hopped around until the snake gave up and let go. It made me think that some days I am the snake that has bitten off more than he can swallow and some days I am the toad jumping around with a snake on my ass.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:26:55 pm »

The 17 year cicada bugs are wonderful    

The birds will be well fed this year too.  The loud sounds they make are an awesome reminder of the power of nature. 

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »
We call them tadpoles.
Thankyou
mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline weasel

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:49:35 pm »
We call them tadpoles. Speaking of reptiles, yesterday I was in the hammock reading when I looked down and saw what at first appeared to be a toad with a really long tail. I then realized an 8-inch garter snake that had bitten the toad on the butt and the toad was far too large for the snake to eat. The toad hopped around until the snake gave up and let go. It made me think that some days I am the snake that has bitten off more than he can swallow and some days I am the toad jumping around with a snake on my ass.

Can you post pictures of this  ???
   I always was told a polly wog turned into a Tadpole  , Learn something new each day !
  My kitty is still after the BIG Frog that layed the eggs , she has taken up under porch .

My dog ZIPPY is still going after Turtles  >:(

Life in the woods is  an adventure  :)

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:17 pm »

So I go out to the dog water bowl    (   5 foot x 9 inch kitty pool )

This morning and find   2,000   POLLY WOGS  :o

We had heard a bull frog the other night .

Bob helped me strain the dog water bowl into a five gallon bucket using

a kitchen sieve .   I took my little Polly wogs down to the brook and placed them .

I ended up playing with a  Painted Turtle for a half hour  :D

Glad my pool filter works , GOD only knows what I would find ..............

The 17 year cicada bugs are wonderful , Like a space ship landing !

My dog ZIPPY loves to eat all kinds of bugs , Zippy is in heaven now .

Next week he Will be disappointed  :-[

Would be nice if Zippy ate TICKS  ;)

Weasel

I love every bit of this  ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:37:27 pm »
     Life in the woods is  an adventure  :)
argh! the skitters are killing me. I don't step out the door without spraying down with Off.

however, having been a city boy all my life, the worst part to living in the woods now isn't the mosquitoes, anole lizards, turtles, frog, snakes, hawks or ants but the damned spiders! I swear i must walk through 8 spider webs a day just moving around on the porch, decks, and yards. Ick.

I love the tadpool story. I'm going to check the fountains and bird baths tomorrow to make sure we don't have that issue.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 10:56:09 pm »
To think I was watching the deer in my back yard.
Put up a bat house, they will eat the mosquito's, and the only good snake is a dead one.
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 07:31:11 am »
the only good snake is a dead one.

Amen sister! 

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 11:17:59 am »
Well one black snake is good, keeps the mice away. ;)

As long as I don't step on them when I'm walking in the woods.
 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline weasel

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 11:27:55 am »
To think I was watching the deer in my back yard.
Put up a bat house, they will eat the mosquito's, and the only good snake is a dead one.

Hi Kitty  :)  ,
                           I love GOOD snakes  :o

I was looking at BAT houses the other day . Is yours on your home or out in the yard ?
                             I would like more bats , Mosquites love me  :-*

I have been lucky so far , six years in the woods , Only have seen one copper head .
                         tossed it across the road , knowing it would not comeback  ::)

We have a six foot black Rat snake , I love him . Mr. Slithers is his name .

I ended up with CHIGGARS  :-[   , I even used off  @Leatherman , did not help  ???

" Live and let Live "

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 11:49:18 am »
                 I ended up with CHIGGARS  :-[   , I even used off  @Leatherman , did not help  ???
I haven't had chiggers since I was in college in Florida. I went out gathering spanish moss to put on the stage for a production of Midsummer Night's Dream and got more that just the moss :D I don't know anything to prevent those bastards but afterwards I've always used clear nail polish to smother them.  ;) With as much as I prowl through the woods on my property I figure I'll have chiggers or poison ivy/oak before the summer is over. ROFL

and did I mention fleas? There is something to said for the cold winters in OH that killed off all these bugs, unlike the mild weather in SC that lets this stuff stay alive and multiplying.

a bat house, hmmm? I"ll have to look into that  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline weasel

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 12:07:36 pm »
I haven't had chiggers since I was in college in Florida. I went out gathering spanish moss to put on the stage for a production of Midsummer Night's Dream and got more that just the moss :D I don't know anything to prevent those bastards but afterwards I've always used clear nail polish to smother them.  ;) With as much as I prowl through the woods on my property I figure I'll have chiggers or poison ivy/oak before the summer is over. ROFL

and did I mention fleas? There is something to said for the cold winters in OH that killed off all these bugs, unlike the mild weather in SC that lets this stuff stay alive and multiplying.

a bat house, hmmm? I"ll have to look into that  ;)

Howdee Leatherman  ,
                                            I am Lucky  never have had Poison Ivy  , ever  ;)

I romp  through the woods all the time  :o

Here in S.E. Missouri  The bugs do not die off  ???

I had tick bites in January . I have ticks everyday . The fun of country living .  LOL's

Bat Houses look pretty simple to make . I looked at one for $29.95

It had a $1.00 worth of wood in it ......

Maybe I should start a bat house business .

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.