Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:42:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 580
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 464
Total: 464

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: so scared!  (Read 9180 times)

Offline canon

so scared!
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:57:46 pm »
Hi Ann and Andy
I'm 18 years old, I'm male,please help me to let it go, I can't do anything...I often getting blowjob(insertive partner) when I go to massage,My question are: getting blowjob is  a risk? I need to test HIV?In my country, doctor said that...It need 2 lits saliva to transmitted hiv?is it right?
I'm so sorry about my bad english, please help me, i'm too young to die :'(
This is only my sexual experience
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:15:27 pm by canon »

Offline canon

Re: so scared!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 05:02:27 am »
anybody here help me pls

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:20:49 am »
canon,

Relax. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection. Never has been, never will be. Not one person has ever become infected this way and you will not be the first. Saliva is NOT infectious, no matter what the quantity.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do NOT need to be tested over a blowjob, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

When you become sexually active and having intercourse, you'll need to start having these check ups. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline canon

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 12:50:37 am »
Thank you so much Ann, and the last question: Do I need to Test and let this go? Ann?
I haven't had anal or vaginal intercourse with someone until now, just only blowjob. Please reply me with your kind,thank you so much and so sorry about my bad english

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 01:08:00 am »
Canon,

As Ann said above you do not need to test. You cannot get HIV from receiving a blowjob.

MtD

Offline canon

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 02:15:27 am »
Thank you so much  MTD!
The risk when you getting blowjob is zero,is it right? Ann...I need your help,please

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 03:44:17 am »
canon,

The risk for hiv infection when getting a blowjob is ZERO. I've already told you this.

You had no risk and you do not need to test.

What you DO need to do is get over someone sucking your dick and move on with your life. Really!

Make sure, when you start having intercourse, that you use a condom and put it on correctly. If you do this, you won't have to worry about hiv. OK? Make sure you read the condom and lube links in my signature line so you know what you're doing your first time. We're not born knowing how to use condoms, so get reading.

You did not have a risk for hiv when you got a blowjob. NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline canon

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 09:45:15 pm »
Hi, Ann
It hard to put it behind me, but I'll try...I believe in you,Thank you so much, I had a good sleeping lastnight.
Is it safe when I have a deep kiss with someone I don't know her HIV status, Ann? Is it the same when I getting blowjob?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 09:52:18 pm »
There is no risk in kissing either. The only worry you would have is unprotected anal or vaginal sex and the sharing of works with other IV drug users.

Offline canon

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 10:31:47 pm »
Thank you RapidRod!
I need your advise, Ann! ;D

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 10:48:06 pm »
Canon,

Your questions have already been answered by Ann. You've been told that kissing is not a risk when it comes to HIV transmission.

No matter how many different ways you try to ask the same question our answers will not change.

MtD

Offline canon

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 12:24:05 am »
Doctors in my country(i'm from viet nam) said that Hiv can infect through urethra,scratch on my penis when I getting blowjob,hic,i'm very scare.....so Ann, what's the truth?I believe in you, u are so great, but they are doctors and I search Interner, some websites said Oral sex is a risk, but lower than unprotected anal or vaginal sex.
Please explain me clearly why getting blowjob is not a risk...please help me

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 06:17:10 am »
Your doctor is wrong.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 08:52:30 am »
Canon, in the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a documented case of HIV transmission to a man getting a blowjob. Not one! It's one of the most common sexual activities and we would have known long before this if there was any risk.

Unfortunately doctors and other medical professionals can be ill-informed. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first man to get HIV from getting a blowjob.

Really.

Andy Velez

Offline canon

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 01:13:50 am »
Dear Experts,
so sorry to bother you, last night my friend made a sexual  mistake, He can't speak english.
He fingered the sex worker  for maybe about a minute, it a little wet, and she use a towel to wipe his finger(that did "fingered"),then she use this towel to wipe his penis.
The question is: Is it a HIV risk? if her vaginal fluid from this towel to his penis

thank you so mush and sorry to bother you.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 01:15:12 am »
Sigh.

Canon, your "friend" was not at risk of HIV.

MtD

Offline canon

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 05:15:57 am »
dear experts,
How long does hiv virus live when it outside the body?and does saliva kill HIV ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 09:23:12 pm »
Saliva inhibits HIV and saliva itself is not infectious. HIV cannot live outside a host for any length of time.

Offline canon

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 05:43:18 am »
Hi Ann
so sorry to bother you,but I need your advise in this case
I have a pymply face,one day I go to beauty salon to cut my hair, i use a small tool to squeeze matter out of pymply, the tool look clean, but I m scared if another one used it before me, i didn't see any blood on the tool,but ....still scare
Is it a risk Ann?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 06:08:03 am »
You did not have a risk. You do not contract HIV from environmental surfaces. Please read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the Welcome thread.

Offline canon

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 10:17:16 pm »
 Thankyou Rapid, but my question is IF the tool has little blood on it, and my  pymply has little blood, it means blood contact...and make  a risk TO ME?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 04:41:10 am »
canon,

NO, you did not have a risk. Blood that has been outside the body and in the environment is not a risk for hiv.

It may be time you saw a counselor who can help you learn how to deal with your hiv-related anxiety. Hiv is NOT lurking in the environment, waiting to get you. As long as you make sure you're using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline canon

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 05:03:11 am »
U are so great Ann, I will put it behind me, once again, Thank you so much Ann.

Offline canon

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 09:22:57 pm »
Transmission in healthcare settings. Healthcare professionals have been infected with HIV in the workplace, usually after being stuck with needles or sharp objects containing HIV-infected blood. As for HIV-positive healthcare providers infecting their patients, there have only been six documented cases, all involving the same HIV-positive dentist in the 1980s

Hi, Ann
As you said that"Blood that has been outside the body and in the environment is not a risk for hiv" but Why "Healthcare professionals have been infected with HIV in the workplace, usually after being stuck with needles or sharp objects containing HIV-infected blood"
sorry to bother you again, but please explain me clearly, in my country, I don't want to ask doctor about that, because they are so stupid and don't update the latest HIV transmission research, they always scare me.
Thank you, Ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 04:47:17 am »
Canon,

Every single hour of every single day, hundreds of people who work in the health care profession end up with needle-stick injuries. However, in all the 25+ years of this pandemic, there are only a hundred or so health care workers who became hiv positive as a result. So you see, it's a rare occurrence that anyone gets infected this way.

And when they do get infected this way, it's because the needle was just that second used on an hiv positive patient. Not only that, but there's a HUGE difference between blood that is inside a hollow bore needle and blood that is on the surface of an implement.

YOU did not have an experience that comes anywhere close to being a needle-stick incident. You did NOT have a risk.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation(s), will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

As long as you are using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline canon

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 12:29:07 am »
Dear Ann
When I use ALCOHOL45- 90 degree to aseptic the  pymply tool, Is it OK? alcohol can damage HIV,is it right?
No risk=No HIV=No need to test over getting blowjob(uncount many times), and pymply tools.Is it right?and I can move on with my life and don't worry about HIV?
I swear this is my last post.Sorry to bother u again,Ann.
Wish you have a beautyful  life and good luck to you
 :)

Offline canon

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 09:30:50 pm »
Ann, please..one more time,please easy my mind..to let me put it behind me and continuous my normal life.

Offline canon

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 05:55:43 am »
Ann,are you here?please..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 07:43:44 am »
Canon,

You didn't have a risk.

I warned you that if you persisted in posting about these no-risk incidents of yours, I'd time you out. You ignored my warning, so I'm giving you that time out.

The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum. Please find a counselor who can help you learn how to manage your anxieties. We cannot help you with that here.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, I will know and you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.