Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:42:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New numbers  (Read 2945 times)

Offline BigAndStrongSoul

New numbers
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:16:06 pm »
Went to doctor today for number

May 2 2017

T Cell 586

Viral load 2016

Almost 3 years without meds

My doctor said that my viral load is low and that I'm pretty much like a normal person

Was going to Drug store to get Triumec but the co pay is 1300.

IT been two years....still no on meds

(found out in September so probably had it longer)

September 2014

T-cell: 524

Viral : 126

March 2015

T-cell : 694

Viral :500

September 2015

T cell: 624

Viral 500

June 2016

T Cell : 700

Offline BigAndStrongSoul

Re: New numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 09:33:26 pm »
Oh yeah I was around my sister and niece when they were sick but o didn't get sick plus I did experience jet lag from trip to LA

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 10:41:58 pm »
BigAndStrongSoul:  glad to read a posting from you, since it's been a while.  Glad to read that your numbers are good and that, perhaps, you are one of the lucky longer-term nonprogressors/elite controllers.  It's good to read that you remain in medical care and keep regular doctor appointments.

One thing you may wish to discuss with your doctor is the possibility of going on antiretroviral medication soon, since that's what most HIV experts advise regardless of CD4 count.  Perhaps that is a discussion you have already had, since it appears that you were contemplating getting a prescription for Triumeq, but were put off by the co-pay.

I don't know all the details of your insurance and the like, but there are co-pay assistance cards that may be available to you (depending on certain requirements).
You may wish to access the link below and discuss with your doctor:

https://triumeqhcp.com/patient-savings/

Do keep in touch and let us know of your continuing progress.

Best wishes.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:49:17 am »
My doctor said that my viral load is low and that I'm pretty much like a normal person

Well were all normal  ;) Except for the HIV VL that is causing uncontrolled & also unmeasured damage .

On the copay Patrick has given so good information, this page might also help?
https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/drug-assistance-programs

Take it easy

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline BigAndStrongSoul

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 07:25:06 am »
Thank you both. I didn't realize that someone thought me, it makes feel better to know that. Just a quick question. Is there any medicine available with at least a 59 dollar copay to 120?

Triumpec may be out of my budget so I would like to know what brand medicine do you both take.

Thanks for the info.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 09:54:10 am »
Your copay is related to your type of insurance and the type of drug it is (brand name, generic) and often whether it is purchased in a retail pharmacy or though a mail-order pharmacy, so copay's vary widely, so you really won't be able to pin down a $59 to $120 copay until all these facts are known.

You could check with your insurer or check out your insurer's drug "formularly" for more information.

Also, you should know that many of the copay assistance cards are not dependent on income (i.e., have no "low income" requirement).  You simply need to understand the type of insurance you have and the requirements of the copay assistance card.

I take Atripla and use a copay assistance card for it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:13:23 am by Ptrk3 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BigAndStrongSoul

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 10:47:21 am »
Ok. It feel like I'm buying a house lol

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 11:18:57 am »
If you have an insurance that "fits" and qualify for a copay card, it's quite possible that you will pay $0 for your antiretroviral medication.  Many people on these forums pay little or nothing for their meds (regardless of income).

You need only take the time to explore your options (it doesn't take long).  It's well worth the effort and you may find that you can save thousands of dollars (truly).
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BigAndStrongSoul

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 11:44:14 am »
Ok and Thank very much!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.