Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:57:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 636
Total: 637

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: dating sites  (Read 2140 times)

Offline bosco

dating sites
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:42:44 am »
I've been on POZ personals for a couple of years on and off. And while I have received some messages and even corresponded with a couple of people. I've found that overall the majority of people don't reply.
Has anyone had experience with or found a better POZ dating site?
"Dog is my co-pilot".

Offline Hoover

Re: dating sites
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »
I have contacted most the poz guys in CR on Manhunt when we turned poz for information of choices in this country.
Funny thing is most speak English also!
Double bonus for us...
Do a search by what : Poz.

We have met people that will be friends for a long time.

Cheers,
Hoover and the man
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 04:36:52 pm »
I use a dating site in EUrope where you can tell as much or as little about your HIV status as you want in your profile.
Chances are somone who says SSR (safe sex rules) "needs negotiation" or "never" is positive or open to talk about HIV status, and its not difficult to dig up some positive guys that way if they dont bother saying it flat out in their profile.

A general dating site where everyone is welcome to try their luck seems to work ok but yeah you can get rejections. But as we know, people reject people for all sorts of reasons, and it just saves time in the end that you don't pursue a person who could never deal with you.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:41:46 pm »
There are a few sites that I've joined that I think are good. Also a few that nothing ever happens on. I think a lot of it depends on how you approach the other person. If you just send a "Grrr" or a "Woof" I seldom reply.

If someone catches my eye I'll write a few complete sentences (it indicates you may have a brain). Something along the lines of: Strolling through the site your pic caught my eye. Handsome man. Really liked the pics of your dog, how long has he been with you? Anyway, hope you're having a great day. My name. Referencing his profile shows you at least read it.

Do some trolling on various sites. See what you think about the posters and how they describe themselves. If you're going for sex, go to the ones that every one is showing a hard-on in. If you're going for friendship/date, look for the ones where everyone is dressed and are in group pictures.

Figure out what it is you're looking for and try to match to the sites that fit.

Good luck!!!
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline bosco

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:26:27 pm »
There are a few sites that I've joined that I think are good. Also a few that nothing ever happens on. I think a lot of it depends on how you approach the other person. If you just send a "Grrr" or a "Woof" I seldom reply.

If someone catches my eye I'll write a few complete sentences (it indicates you may have a brain). Something along the lines of: Strolling through the site your pic caught my eye. Handsome man. Really liked the pics of your dog, how long has he been with you? Anyway, hope you're having a great day. My name. Referencing his profile shows you at least read it.

Do some trolling on various sites. See what you think about the posters and how they describe themselves. If you're going for sex, go to the ones that every one is showing a hard-on in. If you're going for friendship/date, look for the ones where everyone is dressed and are in group pictures.

Figure out what it is you're looking for and try to match to the sites that fit.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the advice!
"Dog is my co-pilot".

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.