Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Junio 25, 2017, 04:56:52 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 30926
  • Latest: nod136
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 714937
  • Total de Temas: 57553
  • Online Today: 275
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (Agosto 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Usuarios en Línea

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ/AIDSmeds.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ/AIDSmeds haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: my drifty life  (Leído 328 veces)

Desconectado em

my drifty life
« en: Junio 08, 2017, 11:32:56 pm »
My thoughts are I have noticed some good questions and concerns in living with HIV

Was just thinking about the past that I lived through. Made it this far and would like to write some place about My experiences and how the fear of HIV and then having it had pushed me down a road I did not want to go down.

While in the service in the eighties I got in just before HIV testing was thing. while serving I was accused of being open minded about sexual relations. Everyone was under suspicion of being gay and there were those who wanted to out anyone who might be. to weed out the undesirables.  I know most reading this stuff think that is old news. Even now I believe from reading the military website they test for HIV before enlistment and if you are positive they will not allow you in. If you get HIV they will not allow you  to deploy. My experiences to boring to write about here even if most of them revolve around HIV. 

but thirty years ago it was all brand new. I had thought I had no place to go other then stay in if I could. I could not go back to my parents. come back with it or on it ?  So what am I doing now thirty years later  I am living well if I might say. I have a home and people who care about me as precarious as it might be at times, There are things I would like to do like see the total eclipse in August. Build things to see what they might look like out side my minds eye.

Sorry I am nervous of what to post after the last post was read about 1700 times. TO me that is a lot of people. Maybe not viral but still a good junk of readers.

HIV thirty years ago sorry if jumping time lines makes you dizzy buckle up. random tangents and dizzy thought are my specialty.

here is a thought from thirty years ago. My division officer in the military had told me just before liberty that there will be people out there looking and watching. so forewarned is forearmed. I left the ship and tried to be on my best behavior. Then well that is long story for a fire brandy and cigars and close friends share intimate thoughts. Not that i have any close friends the people I used to call friends well better off without. maybe another time in another life? Being on best behavior and not doing anything may lead to long life. Now that I am older I still want what I wanted when I was younger productive loving relationships. I have some and to many just mucks up the works does not end well for all concerned. I have some old thoughts that run amuck in my mind from time to time but that makes me more interesting I have been told ?

maybe some time if a place exists were old man can have a smoke and a drink and tell stories my turn might come up. Heck I might live to be a very old man at this rate. Not that I am not already a very old man to some I know.   

I had wanted to go to one of the group meetings of this website but my significant other had said they are just looking for some A-- to F--- ?? I had thought O I guess you do not want me to go then ? I dropped  the subject and did not go.

DO I have a question to start  a thread with? Or is this going anywhere?

Just as an old man the things you do today will be the memories of your tomorrows so forewarned is forearmed.

I will just drift around and drowned in my thoughts of life lived under the weight of HIV for numerous years. You my friend I hope you find a life worth living HIV or not. 

SO many drifting memories but like and old man once asked me when I was younger what are you thinking about ? I had said my memoirs he let out a critical laugh and said no one is going to care about what you have to say in your  life ? 

I hope you find this entertaining and respond with more interesting  ideas of your own.

I do not have many friends and those I do have after they leave  when I loss stuff and O loss stuff often I blame them. They must have taken it. then I find it most of the time and feel very stupid for blaming them. some times I loss stuff for quite along time. there is one of my many faults.

sorry to write so much I hope it was not to difficult to follow
well that is window into my drifty life how are you?

Desconectado em

Re: my drifty life
« Respuesta #1 en: Junio 12, 2017, 12:13:09 am »
I had meant to say chunk of people as an expression of 1700 reads being a sum I thought large?

as far as going to the group meeting. traveling to a gathering of a group of people you met online. Might not be all that safe and what could go wrong is what I think was the intent of the message as said to me.

most probably looked at what was written and past it by thinking it was to much to read.

thank you for having a place an old man can share his thoughts on an illness he has had for a long time. Most of the people visiting this site  have not lived as long as I have lived with HIV. Having it and the fear of getting it.

As far as being forewarned as being forearmed. the things you do today are the memories that will either give you satisfaction distraction anguish and even sometimes disgust in your thoughts years later. I may be alone in this thought and this post but again thank you for letting me say what is on my mind and if it helps only one person to think about what they do and how they do it to make there world a better place.

like the guy who helped the  turtle across the street to safety. HE was told that would not change the world but to that turtle it was his world that was saved.

"Saving one animal won't change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal" A quote from a charity to save animals. just googled it ,  I think  the same thing could be said with a substitution of the word person? 

thanks again

Desconectado OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Respuesta #2 en: Junio 22, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »
Em,

You are not alone. As I am now going 33 years HIV+, I also have many memories. Beginning to chronicle a few.

Take care,

OT
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Desconectado Wade

• Global Moderator
« Respuesta #3 en: Ayer a las 09:34:54 am »
Em,

OT is right, you are not alone !
I have memories of 30 years ago, the 3-5 memorial services a week, the scouring your body in search of spots.
I'm thankful those days are gone and I don't think of them very often.
I am not a writer so it will be rare to see a long post from me but your stories are always welcome and they are read.

Hugs,

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2017 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.