Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:26:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 399
Total: 399

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Did AMG 06 - Montreal meet your expectations?

Surpassed What I Expected
17 (68%)
What I Expected
3 (12%)
Not Sure
1 (4%)
Could Have Been Better
1 (4%)
Was A Bust
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: October 03, 2006, 12:13:06 am

Author Topic: Public Opinion Poll  (Read 7057 times)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
Public Opinion Poll
« on: September 03, 2006, 12:13:06 am »
Dearest Friends,

Okay, here's your chance to let us know how you really feel about AMG 06 - Montreal.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Public Opinion Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:00:49 am »
I think that this thread is kind of mean. I should have kept my mouth shut about anything negative. I see that it just makes people mad.

I think I had better take some time off. While I still have good memories about Montreal, and aidsmeds.

This whole thing hurts a lot, Ric. It hurts and it reminds me that I really don't belong.

don't know what, exactly, I expected from the gathering. I did not expect to feel soured on this forum at the end of it though. And that's where this discussion has put me.

I wish you the best of happy times, and will always treasure the memories, the good ones, I had in Montreal.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 05:15:02 am »
Jonathan, it's a poll for heaven sake.  I think you are being manipulative.  You are simply trying to play the victim in these discussions, so that you can get your desired result, (everyone to beg you not to go away and for folks to attack Ric and all the other meanies in the forum for daring to disagree with your opinion).  All this drama is not necessary you know.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 08:11:20 am »
C'mon Jonathan...

Give it a rest sweetheart.  You've made your point.  Now let it go...........

In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:35:43 am »
Thanks Ric for starting this poll the other thread was getting a little out of hand.I personally had a great time and wish it was longer to have got to know more of you. Where I live in Virginia we have no gay bars or have any actions of the gay lifestyle. I really enjoyed being with people just like me we all have AIDS. I personally think it was a fun experience to get to meet so many of you. Also if I hurt anyones feelings for drinking and acting like I did I'm only human and I wanted to have a good time.

I would love to see you all again. Just looking back at the pictures and listening to the cd really makes me think that I have a family out there that really cares about me. I love you all on this forum family. Also wish you all the best.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 09:49:32 am »
I guess any response that defies "groupthink" here is defined as manipulative.  Jonathan is the LAST person on these forums that deserves the drama tag. 

The gathering meant different things to different people.  Those of us that spend our lives in seclusion, with no support group are obviously going to rally around it.  A trip to a strip club in a nearby city would be like club med to them.  Others are at different places in their lives, and may have different expectations.  To attempt to diagnose everyones feelings and shove them into one big happy consortium would be futile at best. 

Why would anyone care that it wasn't the same for everyone else? As long as it was good for you as an individual.

We all come from different walks of life.

Ric. You know I love you, but I am abstaining from the vote here.  Mostly because none of the questions really match my opinion.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 04:29:53 pm »
I haven't written anything about my thoughts on Montreal yet. I have been basquing in the afterglow....so to speak.
I will preface my opinions by telling you what you all already know about me......and that, is that I'm like a really big lap dog. ;D I had a fabulous time(even when I was bitching about my feet), and fell even more in love with all of the people I have longed to touch, and hug for almost three years now.
It surpassed any expectation I ever had. It was like going to the family reunion.
I won't make a wordy post here, but will write some more in another place, but the only thing I want to make perfectly clear, is that I really do love each, and every attendee from the bottom of my heart. I cannot relay in words the powerful emotion that swept through my heart at the candle ceremony, the meet& greet, Ric and Thoms wedding, waddling along the avenue between two beautiful leather clad men who literally parted the humanity on the sidewalks every step of the way, the individual hugs, and I love yous, touching the faces I have come to care so deeply for. I could go on for quite some time, but will end it here as it seems I must go wipe my eyes, and blow my nose.............I'm just feelin' the love.

I have created a desktop montage of all of your faces, that plays rotation whenever my computer is on(wwhich is always)
so that I see you all every day, and it brings me closer to all. I have a really nice pic of Johns eyeball, and a panoramic view of Jerry's nostril, but managed to get everybody elses face. ;D ::)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 06:23:10 pm »
I am not going to do this poll.

I did just began a new thread about future meetings which I hope will allow you all to put energy in a friendly and creative direction.

Just sayin'......

Andy Velez

Offline Basquo

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 07:42:46 pm »
heh heh...Lisa said "basquing in the afterglow..." welcome to the club Sweetie!  

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 07:51:15 pm »
As the originator of this thread, I have a couple of comments I’d like to share.

First of all, why do some people think it is necessary to respond to an anonymous poll by saying that they are not going to respond?  Doesn't that response take away the anonymity of the poll?  No one knows whether you responded or not, that is until you say “I’m not going to respond.”

Secondly, I started this thread in an attempt to start a new dialogue because the thread “Here’s a thought to consider” had gotten out of hand.  The thread I started was an anonymous poll.   Why someone chose to attack me and personalize the thread to meet their own personal agenda is beyond my comprehension.

With love and respect to all, Ric

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 07:58:24 pm »
Dear Friends,

Please don't go there.  Enough feelings have been hurt and to keep picking at the scab solves nothing.  Surely we are better than this???

The only opinion poll that matters is whether you believe in the gatherings and want them to continue.  If so, please join the new thread started by Andy.  If not, there is really little left to say.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:22:55 pm by killfoile »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 06:56:55 am »
Ric...

Your efforts to create a more positive dialogue was not lost on us.  Don't let the comment of one person take away the Positive Effort you made by starting this thread.  I dare say for many of us it was a welcomed distraction and offered many of us a wonderful reminder of those days in MONTREAL.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 11:01:27 am »
Geez, folks, what the big deal?  Ric, I agree with David completely.  Your sincereity and efforts do not go unnoticed.  As Cliff said, it's just a poll.  How anyone could possibly read anything else into it is beyond me.  But then, again, I'm HIV +.  You see, Ric, I do understand.

robert

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.