Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:01:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 217
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Attempting to live on my own... I guess???  (Read 9044 times)

Offline delilah07

Attempting to live on my own... I guess???
« on: January 02, 2017, 08:10:58 pm »
I asked my spouse to leave. I feel so confused, lied to, humiliated, hateful, and dislike myself for this. He wants to be in control and I really hate how I feel with him. I'm not a good woman as he has told me. I had relationships before him and I came from an abused family. I was molested, beaten and accused of things so my Dad didn't find out what my mom had been up too. Then my Dad complained to me about my mom when she was cheating.
I am over this. The reason why I had mentioned it here is that my spouse had used this as a way to decide how to treat me. He would use this as a reason to prove I am incapable of a healthy thinking process. It made me angry and every day I tried to prove otherwise. Nothing I did worked. I am not talented to entertain or mystify anyone. Yet, he told me that anyone could do what I do for him. I looked back at what I did over the eleven years and I cooked, cleaned, and not much else. I did attend school and completed CAN training.
His family wasn't so good either; but very close in ways that involved trouble and drama. So in a way I am just honest about myself. I had to be as meeting a man with HIV was important and he told me some things. I also had so many thoughts scattered through my head that I could not think straight. I asked my spouse to leave tonight and all of a sudden I like myself. I'm sad although my mind is relieved.
I also am trying not to feel sorry for him. He insists that I need help and honestly all I see is he does well with me then when he's on his own he calls needing help. Right now I will be working with energy assistance to live. I have no problem with this especially since my 18 year old daughter can understand that we need to save money.
The problem is my spouse puts so much concern onto me that I am not wanting to deal with it anymore. I clean, cook, and have worked. I start a new job Monday. I quit working as a CNA due to Scoliosis, Vertigo-at times lasting up to two weeks, HIV - the easiest to deal with, and as I found out a few days ago Periodontal Disease. Yes, I am in mess in a way. Except I am sure I can handle it. The only thing I need to be aware of is that since I told my spouse to leave that the apartment has the right to reevaluate my income to determine if I can live here and pay rent. It is 2.5 times the amount rent which is $1320.00. Once I start this new job I will make near two times the amount rent. So hopefully this is enough. SO I need support in ways of how to keep my current apartment. Other than that I am able to live. I am also in the middle of a nine month lease. Which they have the right to collect on even if I do not meet the income requirements any longer.
I asked my spouse to leave as me had convinced me to take his side and know that people are bad and will take advantage of me. Only to see him making friends and pushing me aside. I became hateful to the point I was impatient with my daughter. I want to love myself and I am unable to do this with him.
Honestly, I want to support my daughter and I. I want to be alone due to healing my mind. He's been gone some hours and it's been so quiet, peaceful, and I'm actually happy. He always reminded me of  why I am not normal like other women. He's gone and I now feel no difference between me or anyone else nor do I care.
I plan to add up my bills to plan my living expenses. I also have my daughter's doctor appointment about her tonsils. Like I said she's an adult; but I don't want her to have this appointment alone.
In a way the tough part is continuing with things began while he was here. On the bright side I'd rather be confident that I am not a bad woman due to being abused in my childhood. I have become a mean person due to this relationship.
I need my time alone for some time. Tonight I am going to take a bath, read a book, and I hope I sleep well.
I hope everyone is doing fine. I hope everyone's health is good. And Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:22:53 pm by delilah07 »

Offline greatwich

Re: Attempting to live on my own... I guess???
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:25:45 pm »
I am sorry you are going through this. How are you now? Are you in a better state? Good luck to you and may God bless you.

Offline delilah07

Re: Attempting to live on my own... I guess???
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 02:11:06 am »
I am sorry you are going through this. How are you now? Are you in a better state? Good luck to you and may God bless you.

I'm doing better. My spouse said he brought up things to get me to go to a therapist. Which I ended up doing.
I have worked on forgiveness as part of a way to not let hate consume me. I don't want to be angry all the time.
Now I just speak with people I used to be angry at. It os kind of weird to explain other than not everything is always perfect. I realized that in hearing their issues and being able to say to myself that I never knew they even had obstacles.
Things are improving. But I still have some work to do. Like finding a new job.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.