Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:17:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 311
Total: 313

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: fiskernish here  (Read 12266 times)

Offline krakerjm

fiskernish here
« on: June 15, 2006, 02:08:04 pm »
seems I no longer am in the data base with the changes, so I am now krakerjm(crackerjim); have been a bad boy, depressed and drinking too much, 'bout over it now.  got to figure out all this NEW stuff, LOL! Not good with changes, too many already in my life...I'll be back
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop
"I swear there ain't no heaven, pray ther ain't no hell"

Offline krakerjm

Re: fiskernish here
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:32:09 pm »
Ok, back.  funny story:  my poz health care nurse and case worker were here, we discussed many things while they renewed my paper work.  PN came up; I was asked if I ever had massage therapy, I said what!?(I'm invisioning a hunky man working me over), and laughed.  Yes, I was told, since you have PN you can have someone come to your home and massage your feet.  I laughed out loud. First of all with all the strange unexplainable things that go on with my feet, I don't want anyone touching them; secondly, I am not into foot fetish, lol; I told them thanks but no thanks I can massage my own feet and do it regularly.
Now get this: need new glasses, dental work, and they want someone to massage my feet! LOL!  I love the system, doesn't get any better than this ;) ???  Amazing...
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop

Offline Peter B

• Ways to Make Money Online
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:57:41 pm »
Hey Jim, good to see you back!   Sounds like you have the angel on one shoulder and the little devil on the other like me.... I been indulging in a ton of beer lately, but mostly only on the weekends when watching sport and braaing with friends so i guess thats OK..... except for the number of beers that go down the hatch!!

Cheers
Peter B

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 03:00:12 pm »
welcome back :)

to explain about the user id handles.... none of them carried over to the new forums (this was intentional as the two forums weren't readily compatible.... so EVERYBODY had to re-register in the new forums... many people kept the same names but quite a few picked new ones too :)

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 03:18:02 pm »
Beer drinker myself especially living in Florida; just always had a tendency to over do whether the grill was fired up or not, lol.
Fiskernish was a combonation or pet names(cats)...krakerjm is a term of enderment given to me by black friends years ago; them calling me cracker jim was acceptance cause I accepted them and we understood things(won't go back to that time).  Being born and raised in the south being called a 'cracker' was not always a good thing, but at the place and time, it was to me and I have never forgotten...
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 03:18:02 pm »
Welcome back to the new digs Jim.

I hope I don’t offend anyone by saying this, But anyone that is into massaging a strangers’ feet, well I wouldn’t want to shake hands with him or her.

Now I know some people have foot fetishes, I'm just not one of them. I do my own as well as any other part of this old bod that need attention now and then Maybe a little too much in some areas.  >:(

Terry

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:22:10 pm »
Terry, I think it's just the way they make a living; but won't get any tax dollars form me, LOL!  Leave my feet alone!  A trick wants to mess with my feet, well, it's scarey...don't really like massages of any kind anyway, not a touchy feely person.
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:42:12 pm »
Welcome back, you errant guy! Missed you and it's good to hear from you again.

Andy Velez

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »
Hiya Jimbo,
Glad to see ya made it back. Don't even mention drinking too much. I got my swerve on last nite, woke up too nauseated to take my drugs for a bit, and have been squirting my a** off. Ugh! I gotta learn to leave the damn Richard's alone!
I wouldn't want anybody messing with my feet either. After thiry years of nursing, I can put up with every portion of the human body, but I have seen some really nasty feet in my time. I'd rather be puked on, than have to deal with tootsies. LOL
I'm really glad you came back to us. I've always really liked you. Mainly because I'm a fairly crusty old coot like you. :o ;D
This Bud's for you! :P
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 03:55:55 pm »
Welcome back, Jim........Fishernish..hmm?  Is that an Amish guy who eats fish? :P
Just kiddin......Take it easy on the sauce, good buddy.  It usually creates more problems
than it solves.  I should know...I use to drink like a fish :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 04:16:00 pm »
I had a cat many years ago that had the longest whiskers u could ever imagine, freaky; a very young nephew call them: fiskers; nish is my old lady cat, 17 this year, I think; I don'tknow who is trying to out live whom, she or me.  Fortgot why she is called nish, we are both old and don't care, I am her daddy forever.  My Dad had a 22 year old dochhound(sp, weinner dog) that was his shaddow, when Daddy died the dog died two weeks later...animals are more special than we know.
When I was first infected they said no pets, EXCUSE ME! My beloved golden retriever died of liver disease, but I still have cats, fish (useless but attractice in the big tank inside and the paond outside) and 2 iguanas(totally useless and ugley, LOL)  But gives me something to do and I have learned how to deal with my little managerie without consequence.. Doctors think we're stupid sometimes...When POZ, you educate yourself and learn how to have a life with animals.  If Nish couldn't sleep next to her Daddy every night, she might well give up at her old age, and ME TOO! I think cats and dogs understand love more than people; it keeps them going, we???? I wonder sometimes.
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 04:29:45 pm »
Even if the doctor told me it would be certain death, I would never be without my little Sweetie. I understand completely Jim.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 07:25:56 pm »
My Dad had a 22 year old dochhound(sp, weinner dog) that was his shaddow, when Daddy died the dog died two weeks later...animals are more special than we know.

oh that's precious. i agree. very special. and it's good to see you back.

i would agree on the no pets rule for those who are laxadaisical [spelling?] in the care department (i.e. cleaning, vacuuming). to me that stuff is easy but some people feel the opposite

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 07:36:37 pm »
Even if the doctor told me it would be certain death, I would never be without my little Sweetie. I understand completely Jim.

Amen,Lisa,Amen. You can't imagine how many times my Sam has got me out of my HIV mindset. Welcome back Jim...if your dad had a doxie he's aces in my book.

Pets rule! ;D

Offline Bartro

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 07:51:05 pm »
I don't know what I'd do without my baby.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:53:02 pm by Bartro »
Rusty

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 07:55:25 pm »
Well hello stranger, it's good to see you back, I agree about the animals, if my ID Doc saw all my animals he would probably freak out...I even added a Rooster and six chickens to the farm...Bird flu..well if it comes it comes.

Send your foot massager over here..I love getting my feet massaged.

Hugs
Jan
(who likes her feet massaged but does NOT have a foot fetish)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 08:44:25 pm »
HOWDY JIM  !!

rAY
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 10:10:16 pm »
Hi Jim... good to see you back.  :)
Member since March 2004

Offline Markmt

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 04:58:58 am »
Hi Jim, glad to see you back....this new forum will soon grow on you. I visited the old one yesterday and i though I like this new one better now :). (like some have said i miss the old smileys tho!)
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 07:40:17 am »
YAY Jim! I've been keeping an eye out for you... the forum just wouldn't be the same without you so I'm really happy that you're here.

You might not be a touchy-feely kinda guy, but tough shit mister, I'm going to give you a great big cyber hug anyway! {{{{{{JIM}}}}}} You'll just have to live with it :P

I miss you so much when you go missing.

You've still got those iguanas? Didn't you take them in temporarily? Or is my memory playing tricks on me again? They sure are weird beasts - the way they roll their eyes around makes me laugh.

Anyway, I'm glad you've joined us in the new place. It takes some getting used to, but I hope we'll be seeing you around more than you have been lately. Did I say I miss you when you go missing? Well, I do. So there. Don't make me swim to Florida to kick your cracker ass now! :D

And just for good measure...

{{{{{{Jim}}}}}}

Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline doyourowndamndishes

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 08:49:46 am »
Hey Jim!

Welcome back mister!  Always good hearing from you!!  I've missed your quick wit and repartee.

HUGZ,

Alan
"All that we are is theresult of what we have thought." -Buddha

Offline Robert

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 10:42:44 am »
Aw, shucks.   I'm glad you're back too.  Lately you've been gone too long, too many times.  I need you to come knock some sense into me.

robert

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 12:03:12 pm »
Thaks guys, guess I needed some attention, LOL.
Ann, yes the lizards were supposed to be temp, but you know how that goes, and they are getting huge and of course green iguanas only eat fresh veggies, I should eat so many veggies(but actully having fresh veggies in the house, I am eating more, so that's a good thing).  They get what's on sale at the grocery.  It's just cleaning their cage I have to be really careful about, they are nasty as birds, rabbits and guinne(sp) pigs; but I have lots of latex cloves and soap and water.  Soap and water and keeping your hands away from your face works with animals as well as colds and flu...And can't handle them much cause they have serious finger nails, have to wear heavy gloves and clothing.  They are more managable when cold,  like all reptiles; once they warm up under the UV lamps, I don't mess with them.
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 07:55:51 pm »
Good to see you back Jim.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 01:42:01 am »
Nice to meet you Krakerjim...Im Teresa and only been here a little over a month.
You seem like a really interesting guy and i bet im going to enjoy reading your posts.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.