Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:40:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 344
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Aunt flow keeps dropping in for a visit  (Read 12113 times)

Offline camille07

My Aunt flow keeps dropping in for a visit
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:04:36 pm »
Uggghhh, ok, I've been going almost everyt 6 months for a pap smear since my poz. dx.  I'm not on meds.  My smears have been off, but the gyno takes a "snip snip" and checks the tissue sample.  Everything is always A-ok.  Lately, though, my cycle has been way off.  I seem to be getting my period more often ???
Anyone else find their flow out of wack?

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: My Aunt flow keeps dropping in for a visit
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 04:50:49 am »
Hi Camille

It sounds like you have a condition known as polymenorrhea,  it could  be something as simple as an hormonal imbalance, go and talk to your doctor again and see if you can get your hormones level  checked.

Maybe a D&C ( dilation and Curettage) will help, but you really need to talk to your Doctor.

Remember it's important to keep up your fluid intake to substitute the blood you lose.

Let us know how you get on.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline ubotts

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 08:51:07 am »
HI there
Do  you know if your starting menopause? I went though
bleeding for 16 days and heavy, then went to my gyn and
she gave me a hormone pill, which stopped the bleeding.

If this continues go back and see what treatment is right for
you ..Everyone women's case is different, so see why this
is happening to you by asking alot of questions..
Hope that helps..
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline ubotts

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 08:52:25 am »
HI there
Do  you know if your starting menopause? I went though
bleeding for 16 days and heavy, then went to my gyn and
she gave me a hormone pill, which stopped the bleeding.

If this continues go back and see what treatment is right for
you ..Everyone women's case is different, so see why this
is happening to you by asking alot of questions..
Hope that helps..
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline camille07

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 12:42:55 pm »
I'm 37 so I don't think I starting menopause just yet, though I have heard of the exceptions.  I'm also thinking it might be an ovarian cyst, which I've had in the past.  I will get it checked out, just have been to more doctors in the last few weeks and I'm doctor'd out.

Thanks Girls.

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:36:05 pm »
I seem to have this problem also although I just had a baby. I did the depo shot to be on the safe side in the hospital and now I am spotting everyday! I am not sure what is whether it is a light period or I will be spotting on the shot.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 12:40:07 am »
Hi Camille,

I have been going through the same thing, too, and every time I say its due to stress, my OBGYN disagrees.  I have been on the pill for close to 20 years now, and just lately I have started bleeding during week 2 as well as the normal week 4 of my pill pack.  I had a Pap come back slightly abnormal in early May and followed up with a uterine biopsy (not cervical, think higher up....lol, OUCH if you haven't had kids, remember to BREATHE, lol....).  Just got the results back, A-OK, but I have three superball-sized fibroids in my uterus.  Fibroids are very common in women, some can be tiny and cause discomfort and/or irregular bleeding, while others can be as big as an orange and cause no trouble at all.  They go away by themselves over time, this happened to me before a few years back.  So, maybe you should have a pelvic sonogram done to check for fibroids?  Also, I am diabetic which throws my thyroid out of whack, and I personally think that is the reason for my irregular and sometimes heavy bleeding.  My thyroid meds had to be increased in early May when my labs showed the thyroid was underactive.  I am on Levoxyl.  My OBGYN said I need to come back in to "discuss my irregular bleeding" but I am going to give myself a hiatus and see if my increase in thyroid meds helps things to straighten out.  I hope you find some answers!  Hang in there, changes with your cycle don't happen overnight, unfortunately.

Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 02:14:33 pm »
Hey Cammie,
Have you tried birth control pills? I have been on them since I was 15 to regulate my period. It might help you. But if it's bleeding that's come on suddenly you should talk with you doctor. I know about doctored out, if it's a possiblity try to email your doc instead of having to come in.
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:48:07 pm »
Once everythings been checked and OKd I'd recommend the contraceptive injection. i've been on it for 20 years, it stops my periods completely except for the short times I've been off it to make sure I'm still capable of having them! They popped back up like clockwork, then I just started the jabs again. I know its not everyones cup of tea, but depo provera has been a gift to me. I used to suffer really hellish 7 day periods, with 7 days before and after of moodswings and PMT,spotting and cramps. Had a D&C to sort out underlying problem, got it treated, then the jab.
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 10:00:46 pm »
I seem to have this problem also although I just had a baby. I did the depo shot to be on the safe side in the hospital and now I am spotting everyday! I am not sure what is whether it is a light period or I will be spotting on the shot.

I am 38 and was having periods that lasted almost 2 weeks every month. Since I am always known to be anemic, I went to the ER. They tried the pill but that seemed to make it worse so they referred me to one of their gyns. I must admit, I love him. He's gay and looks like a blonde beach bunny. Anyhoo, he put me on the depo shot and my period has stopped. You will spot sometimes, I know I did once since I have been on the shot. Some worry about weight gain but I have actually lost a few pounds. How long has this spotting been going on? I would suggest you call your gyn, it may just be your body getting use to the shot....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 01:05:52 am »
Hi Ladies,

I got my labs back today, and since upping my Levoxyl dose for hypothyroidism last May, things with my cycle are returning to normal.  Thank goodness!  I am still bleeding during week 3 of my Yasmin rather than week 4, but the breakthrough is slowly merging with the regular period.  I love meds!

Cindy   :D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 10:17:53 am »
Hey Cindy,
Glad to hear everything is working out, with the meds, and that your in a better mood.
 I am confident there will even Better results next time.

Good luck,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.