Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 403
Total: 403

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Broken condom - receptive anal  (Read 12722 times)

Offline danny401

• Standard
Broken condom - receptive anal
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »
Hello,

A few days ago I had sex with a black TS CSW. I performed oral for a few minutes and then she topped me for a few minutes but did not ejaculate inside me. When she pulled out she took off her condom and masturbated to completion. However I noticed after she took off the condom that it had broken. When she took it off she yanked it off quickly so I don't know if it broke then, or inside me. Also her penis did not smell bad and did not have any residue (feces) so I am not sure  when the condom broke. I am very nervous right now. She says she got tested the previos week and also back in January. She showed me a paper that was her negative test result but I don't know if it is really hers because it shows her real name which I cannot verify. She recently had her boobs done and she said that most doctors require an HIV test in order to have your boobs done. I always practice safe sex when it comes to anal and this is the first time a condom has broken while being the bottom so I am really worried. She did not ejaculate inside me. Please give me some advice!

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Broken condom - receptive anal
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:01:40 pm »
If you are not sure if you had a risk or not the responsible thing to do is to test, better safe than sorry.

You can test at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 13 weeks to confirm the results. You can read about testing here...
http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/HIVtests_5029.shtml

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:04:42 am »
I will but what are the odds? I always practice safe sex and this has never happened to me. She's told me she tested recently and also back in January (she says she does the one where they prick you on the finger). Also I've asked her if she does bareback and she says no. The only thing I did unprotected was oral. I have been told that I can tell when a condom breaks but I really didn't see it until the end and I'm not sure if it broke inside me or when she pulled it off. Please help I am really worried.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 11:15:45 am »
Hi ,
As Jeff advised you if you are unsure about the incident,
you should test. I cant speculate on the odds , because you don't know
when or where the condom broke.
I can tell you the only test that matters is your own .
Good Luck to You, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 11:26:37 am »
If you are not sure then go test, thats the best we can advise. We cant give odds on transmission much less odds on guessing if the condom broke or not.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 09:03:34 pm »
I will in 4 weeks but I was just curious as to precum and HIV. I read from jkinatl2 that it is possible but not probable to get HIV from precum. Also I've read that there is a 1 in 100 chance to get HIV from unprotected anal sex. That sounds like it's not that easy to get. Am I misinterpreting this?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 11:27:57 pm »
Im sorry you used your last free post to ask again about some we do not discuss. Statistics on transmission are not meant to be applied to an individual as there are to many variables.

Sexual fluids are not infectious for HIV once out of the body so you only need to be concerned if there was a condom break … Condom breaks are a risk to test for if there was ejaculation not. Given what you shared you should expect a negative result.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:33:03 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 11:42:20 pm »
Jeff, a little over six weeks (44 days to be exact) I did an Oraquick which came back negative. I set my stopwatch and checked it at exactly 21 minutes (I'm not sure if I should have let it run for more time since it said 20 - 40 minutes). Also I rinsed with listerine about 45 minutes to an hour before and then I read the instructions which said not to rinse with mouthwash for half an hour. Regardless I will repeat in another 6 weeks. Ever since this sexual encounter I have noticed a lot of white mucus in my stool which I did not have before and I'm thinking it could be hepatitis C. Could I have gotten Hep C from this exposure? I know this is primarily an HIV forum but maybe you could point me in the right direction to someone who could give me more advice on other STDs such as Hep C and Genital Herpes. I would greatly appreciate it. Btw you guys all do a tremendous job here educating the public on HIV transmission!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 11:48:26 pm »
The only way to know if you have an std or Hepatitis is to test . If you think you have Hep or have a std ask your doctor for a full std panel and they will know what to do.

If you are not confident in home testing then go let a professional do the test for you. A negative test at 6 weeks past any possible exposure rarely ever changes when confirmed at 3 months … so you should fully expect a negative result.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 12:46:21 am »
Hello,

Last night I visited a TS worker. Initially she asked me to bring condoms because she did not have. Once I arrived to her place and she remembered me (I had seen her once before not too long ago) and she was willing to let me penetrate her without protection which I was not willing to do nor have I ever done. I put on a condom and penetrated her. After a minute I pulled out to change positions and penetrated her again. After 15-20 seconds I pulled out again and discovered that she had pulled off the condom when we changed positions so those 10-20 seconds were unprotected. I freaked out as I never engage in unprotected sex and asked her about her status. She showed me a negative result but it was from November - about 5 months old. She recently came to the US and she said that the govt. required her to undergo certain medical exams/vaccines and she showed me some paperwork. She also showed me her driver's license to confirm it was her. I am concerned that despite her negative result from November, if she was willing to let me penetrate her without a condom she may have done the same thing with other men. It has only been about 18 hours (this occurred at about 6am). I am uncircumcised which I know increases my risk. She seemed loose and I penetrated her easily which leads me to think that she bottoms a lot. I did not have any fecal matter on my penis nor did it smell bad but I am worried about rectal fluid/mucus. I also did not see blood on my penis.

Given the situation, how high is my risk and would you recommend PEP? It was not a condom failure but rather that I penetrated her for about 10-20 seconds (30 seconds max) without a condom before I realized it.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 04:10:56 am »
Hi

So as you were the insertive partner it would be less risk than being the receiving partner as example.  Now saying that you did have a risk from the unprotected intercourse and so testing would be advisable. Guidelines are to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result. 
You can read about testing here:HIV Testing

Regarding PEP this is up to you and your Doctor to decide if you want to take PEP for this incident, I expect it is a low risk situation however this is up to you.  Note that PEP should be started as soon as possible an not any later than 48-72 hours after exposure.  You can read more on PEP here: HIV PEP and PrEP
PEP and PrEP

As a side note even if your partner was tested today all it means is that she was negative 13 weeks ago, it's simply not important. Instead you should focus on knowing your own HIV status and continue practicing safer sex.  Note as you are sexually active, it is also highly recommended that you get a full sexual health check-up / screening at least annually including but not limited to hiv testing.

Kind regards

Jim

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:13:49 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 07:30:05 am »
Thank you for your response. I will certainly get tested in six weeks. However I am in a critical moment now regarding PEP. I will visit the ER today and speak to a Doctor but do you think PEP is warranted in this case?

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 07:39:38 am »
Hi , PEP is a personal decision for you , and yes please speak with your doctor.
It is very rare for the insertive partner to be infected after such a very low risk  brief exposure.  I think you will come out of this OK

Best , Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »
Hello, thank you both for your quick replies. Lately I have been masturbating at least once a day sometimes twice or up to three times a day and the opening of my urethra seems a little reddish. I am not sure if it is normal or may be a bit irritated as a result. Could this have increased my risk? Also I did not feel my foreskin pull back when I inserted but you never know. I am trying to stay calm and not overthink this but it is not easy to have to wait six weeks to get tested. I appreciate your support.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 05:12:19 pm »
Hi

So the let's call it "friction" irritation to your urethra would not have increased or affected your risk. You are simply overthinking this.

You risk was simply brief unprotected sex and as you did have unprotected intercourse testing would be advisable. I fully expect you will be fine when you do test. Guidelines are to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result.

Jim 

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 05:36:00 pm »
Thank you Jim. It's mainly the fact that she is a TS csw and how willing she was to let me penetrate her unprotected that has me most concerned plus the fact that I am uncircumcised. She had also seen someone before I got there.
Thank you for your advice and words of encouragement. I will let you know when I test.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »
Your Welcome
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 02:57:19 pm »
Hello, it's been about three weeks and I've been worrying about it lately. I have three more weeks to go before my first test. I haven't a fever or rash (if I have it hasn't been noticeable) however I have been having jaw pain on one side and what seems to be a swollen lymph node on my neck on the same side as the jaw pain. This morning I woke up with a feeling of something in the back of my throat that won't go away. I know symptoms are not indicative but I have been worrying a lot about this at work today. What are your thoughts? Thanks guys I really appreciate your support.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 03:08:55 pm »
Hi

So I still think you are overthinking this and that you will be fine.

Stop worrying about it as worrying, reading and posting about this is pointless just get tested at 6 & 13 weeks.  You already know that I will tell you your symptoms ... They are meaningless, and go and see a doc if you are sick.

Jim

Hi

So the let's call it "friction" irritation to your urethra would not have increased or affected your risk. You are simply overthinking this.

You risk was simply brief unprotected sex and as you did have unprotected intercourse testing would be advisable. I fully expect you will be fine when you do test. Guidelines are to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 12:20:21 am »
Good evening Jim, Wade. It has been six weeks since my unprotected insertive anal encounter. On Friday April 22 I did an Oraquick test which came back negative (41 days). I will do another one in about six more weeks. This same Friday night I performed long deep throat oral sex on a trans girl. She did not cum in my mouth but there was precum. I figured this was a low risk activity. Thanks again for all that you guys do with this forum educating people like me on HIV transmission risks.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 02:39:23 am »
Hi

A negative result at 6 weeks will rarely change. Still test again at 13 weeks for a conclusive result.

Jim.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »
Good afternoon,

I had a possible exposure yesterday with a Transsexual CSW where I was the bottom. After performing deep throat on her, I asked that she top me with a condom. After topping me for about 5 minutes or perhaps less, I came and she pulled out, removed the condom and came on my genitals. After we cleaned up I checked the condom and noticed it had a horizontal tear near the tip of the condom, I panicked and asked her about her status to which she replied that she tests regularly and that she recently had plastic surgery and told me not to worry. I am very worried about the condom breaking given that I never engage in unprotected penetrative sex and this is one of the rare occasions that I've had a condom break on me. After she put the condom on she was masturbating to get an erection in order to penetrate me while she fingered me with her other hand after I applied some water based live to my anus. I am very concerned about this incident and am considering PEP but I would like your thoughts. Although there was no ejaculation inside me, I am concerned about precum as I do not know her HIV status and am therefore assuming that she's positive. I will get tested in six weeks and again at 12 weeks but I need some guidance while I wait. Is PEP warranted in such a scenario?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:15 am »
Hi

After she put the condom on she was masturbating to get an erection in order to penetrate me while she fingered me with her other hand after I applied some water based live to my anus.

I hope you understand that this part of the story was not a HIV risk. Fingering is not a concern. None

After we cleaned up I checked the condom and noticed it had a horizontal tear near the tip of the condom

I doubt the condom broke, see they shred. Small tears are normally the result from people trying to check condoms.

Anyhow if you believe the condom broke than indeed test in 6 weeks and 13 weeks to confirm the results.   Taking PEP is fully up to you, do note that if you are considering PEP you should start taking this as soon as possible after exposure starting no later than 48-72 hours post exposure. It's up to you at the end of the day to decide to take PEP for this incident.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 06:22:24 am »
Hi Jim thanks for your reply. The condom however was broken as I did confirm this after the fact and even showed it to her. The condom was somewhat loose on her as she wasn't fully erect. I don't know at what point it may have broken, maybe it didn't even break inside me, maybe it broke when she was removing it - it's a possibility, but since I don't know I'm thinking worst case scenario. Let's say it broke inside me and I was unprotected, is there a significant risk with precum given that there was no ejaculation? I will get tested in six weeks but I'm trying to get my mind of this in the meantime.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 06:39:25 am »
Hi

Let's say it broke inside me and I was unprotected, is there a significant risk with precum given that there was no ejaculation?

Yeah if it broke it was a risk . Asked and answered.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 07:08:01 am »
I understand there was a risk. My question was if the risk is significant? I am trying to get by the next six weeks until I get a preliminary test to be confirmed later. Is the risk significant enough to warrant PEP? I understand that the decision is up to me but I need the guidance of experts like you guys in helping me make that decision. I understand it is something that is not only expensive but takes a toll with side effects and all that. That is why I ask

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 08:15:47 am »
Danny,seeking PEP is a personal decision that we can not make for you.
Your questions have been asked and answered, test as planned and try and move on with your life.

One last thing...use more lube, you seem to have a problem with condom breakage.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 08:34:44 am »
Thank you both!

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2017, 09:03:04 am »
You're Welcome
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 07:54:23 pm »
Good evening ,

I came across an article that states that 51% of new HIV infections are from condom failures during anal sex (derived from mathematical models and not from clinical trials) which has me concerned. I always wear condoms while topping and make sure my partners wear condoms when I'm the bottom and this is only the second time a condom has broken on me while being the receptive partner. Even though in both cases there was no ejaculation inside me what has me worried is the possibility of being infected through precum as a bottom during anal sex. I know oral is not a risk for infection (even though I sometimes swallow) and neither is fingering. What are your thoughts on this article?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:18:50 am by JimDublin »

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 08:45:06 pm »
I have read from a few of the MO's here that they have yet to see a condom break result in transmission. Is that for insertive or receptive anal? Most of the condom break posts I have read here have been from the insertive partner as I haven't read many posts here that resemble my exposure

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 02:28:15 am »
The article is jibberish.

If the condoms fails you have a risk, its that simple. How big odds a risk depends on so many factors its impossible to calculate for an individual event and we know that it only takes once for HIV to transmit. So people could fuck a 1000 times without a condom and some unfortunate person will get it the 1st and only time.   

We know the conditions needed for transmission and unprotected intercourse meets all of them and hence is a risk, reflected in real world data as it is the main transmission vector in the HIV epidemic.   

Condoms, as it seems to be a reoccurring theme in your thread, so as long as the condom remains intact. Latex or polyurethane are effective barriers against HIV, HIV simply can not transmit through the intact barrier.

Do make sure that whatever the type of condom being used, you only use approved condoms. In other words check for certification mark (FDA, CE, ISO or Kitemark). This means it complies with safety standards. Check the expiry date and make sure the condom is still in date.

Also to note when using condoms use lubricant, condom safe water-based lubricants makes condoms more comfortable and reduces the risk of breakage. – but avoid oil-based lubricants  as they can weaken or break condoms.

As for putting condom on correctly, as incorrectly done it increases the risk of breakage.  Place one on top of the erect penis and pinch the teat at the end of the condom before you start to roll it down the penis. By doing this you’ll squeeze out any air bubbles and ensure there is room for the semen (cum).Roll the condom down to the base of the penis.

If it's on correctly it will roll downwards easily. If you've started putting it on the wrong way or you’re not sure then take it off and try again. Even if the partner or you hasn’t ejaculated (cum) there can still be semen on his penis (pre-cum), so it’s important to try again with a new condom. (Mainly due to risk of other STI's)

Finally if you are changing the sex act, than change the condom.

Your risk assessment:

The condom broke, so testing would be advisable. Guidelines are to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2017, 06:53:35 am »
Thanks Jim. I forgot to mention, I did not start PEP thinking that my exposure was on the lower end of the risk scale given that the condom must have protected me for some time up until it broke. I hope I'm not proven wrong. I will get tested in about five weeks from today. However I read in another post that the only FDA approved test is the Home Access Test and I have been using the Oraquick oral swab test. Is the Oraquick not reliable or can I trust my previous results? The earliest I have tested has been six weeks post exposure.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2017, 07:04:54 am »
It's approved and reliable if used correct at least 3 months post exposure.

Stop reading posts or stuff from the past. Simply test as per guidelines and move on with your life. No need to focus on or to stress about this.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:07:15 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 10:59:04 pm »
Hi guys,

I just hooked up with a transsexual, though not the same girl from my previous incident. All we did was she performed oral on me with a condom and I performed oral on her without a condom. She then put a condom on herself and penetrated me as I sat on her for about 15 secs until I came. she did not ejaculate and like luckily the condom did not break this time. Now I know none of this was a risk, however this has me thinking about my previous incident. It's been approximately 2.5 weeks and I have yet to experience any flu like symptoms, swollen lymph nodes, etc. I know symptoms or lack thereof are in no way indicative of HIV however I suppose it's a good sign? I will wait another 3-4 weeks approximately to test but every now and then I start to think about the likelihood of having contracted HIV from that incident. When I checked the condom it was not shredded like a hoop with flaps as I've seen some people describe but rather it had a tear going across horizontally towards the tip. I do not know if her head may have been protected or not but I do know for a fact that there was no ejaculation inside my anus/rectum but perhaps there was precum. From your experience have you seen many cases of transmission from a broken condom from  top to bottom this way? I know I am trying to pick apart the details and recollect what happened which at this point is useless but I can't help sometimes thinking about it and just want to put my mind somewhat at ease.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 11:28:31 pm »
All asked and answered before.

Lack of symptoms would be normal as most experience none during initial infection.

All I can add is by the sounds of it the condom did not fail at all, and you broke it whilst checking or removing it as that would be typical.

Anyhow test as per guidelines and move on with your life, and yes you are now getting on my nerves and I have answered your questions there is nothing more we can do here for you.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2017, 12:03:01 am »
Sorry if I'm getting on your nerves... I came here for your knowledge, expertise, and support while I wait for these six weeks to pass... I understand that I probably sound repetitive but you gotta understand that unlike you guys, most of us are NOT experts on HIV transmission. Again I appreciate your quick responses but try to be more patient with us

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2017, 04:46:00 am »
Danny its really simply.

You think you had a broken condom than test as per guidelines. Nothing else matters and in the meantime focus on your life. The answers here are not going to change and there is nothing i can do for you in this limited setting.

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2017, 11:29:27 am »
Good morning,

I just did an Oraquick which came back negative, although it has only been about 30 days (a little over 4 weeks as this took place Wednesday Oct. 18). I know this is not conclusive and I will test again at the 12 week mark, but can I be confident about this negative result?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2017, 11:43:21 am »
Look all i can say is test as per guidelines if you believe the condom broke and move on with your life.

The test is conclusive at 3 months

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2017, 10:29:11 am »
Good morning Mods,

Earlier this week I was the insertive partner with a Trans csw. She began rubbing my bare erect penis against her anus. I proceeded to put on a condom which was very tight and wouldn’t roll all the down and stayed maybe halfway. I’m afraid it may have slipped. The anal sex lasted about 1-2 minutes with me as the insertive partner. I will get tested in approximately 6 weeks but what is my risk?

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2017, 10:48:28 am »
As long as the condom covered the end of your penis and remained intact there was no risk. If you're worried about the rubbing that was not a risk either.

Best,

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline danny401

• Standard
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2017, 01:40:49 pm »
Thanks Wade. I know the condom did not break this time however I am concerned it may have rolled up and come off having left me unprotected for some time, especially given that I am not circumsized. I have read that the statistics for insertive anal for uncircumcised males is 1 / 161 which does not seem that much better than the statistics for unprotected receptive anal without ejaculation of 1 / 154. Does this make any difference given that I am not circumsized in this scenario?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2017, 01:51:06 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=220.0

Thanks Wade. I know the condom did not break this time however I am concerned it may have rolled up and come off having left me unprotected for some time, especially given that I am not circumsized. I have read that the statistics for insertive anal for uncircumcised males is 1 / 161 which does not seem that much better than the statistics for unprotected receptive anal without ejaculation of 1 / 154. Does this make any difference given that I am not circumsized in this scenario?

No, that applies to unprotected intercourse. Stop reading shit out of context and about something you did not have or experience, you had no risk and Danny I am giving you a 30 day time out as this is paranoid posting now and out of our scope.

Some of this post will sound crude but after 26 posts about similar concerns its time to get real here and direct on some of this.

The situation you are writing would mean, the condom rolling all the way off you penis up someones backside for a while and than perfectly back onto your penis before pulling out ...  :o Take a step back and think about this for a while, the answer is "no" it did not happen Danny. Neither condoms or bums work this way.

Ill give you a word of advice and after this please do not post about no risk scenario's or condom breakage again, you have our answers and they are not going to change no matter how many times you ask.

You had no risk, the condom covered the head of you penis. Latex or polyurethane are effective barriers against HIV, HIV simply can not transmit through the intact barrier. HIV does not transfer through the skin from your shaft.

- End of story and we have been over this with you a number of times now.

You keep having issues with condoms so I have include below a quote on how to use them correctly. Now I don't want to sound hostile and I wish you well but start using condoms correctly, you should not be experiencing so many issues if you were doing so already and stop asking us about the same type of issues.

In a nutshell:

*If the head of your penis was covered it was not a risk.
*When a condom breaks they shred, if it does its a HIV risk. Test at 6 & 13 weeks post incident, consider PEP.
*Reduce the chances of this from happening by using condoms correctly.
*Do not test condoms yourself after usage or before usage, this is a myth and leads to the breaking of the condom and misleading people to believe they had a risk when they did not.
*Talk to your doctor prehaps about PrEP as additional layer of protection from HIV.
*Test for STI's and HIV as routine at least yearly

If the condoms fails you have a risk, its that simple. How big odds a risk depends on so many factors its impossible to calculate for an individual event and we know that it only takes once for HIV to transmit. So people could fuck a 1000 times without a condom and some unfortunate person will get it the 1st and only time.   

We know the conditions needed for transmission and unprotected intercourse meets all of them and hence is a risk, reflected in real world data as it is the main transmission vector in the HIV epidemic.   

Condoms, as it seems to be a reoccurring theme in your thread, so as long as the condom remains intact. Latex or polyurethane are effective barriers against HIV, HIV simply can not transmit through the intact barrier.

Do make sure that whatever the type of condom being used, you only use approved condoms. In other words check for certification mark (FDA, CE, ISO or Kitemark). This means it complies with safety standards. Check the expiry date and make sure the condom is still in date.

Also to note when using condoms use lubricant, condom safe water-based lubricants makes condoms more comfortable and reduces the risk of breakage. – but avoid oil-based lubricants  as they can weaken or break condoms.

As for putting condom on correctly, as incorrectly done it increases the risk of breakage.  Place one on top of the erect penis and pinch the teat at the end of the condom before you start to roll it down the penis. By doing this you’ll squeeze out any air bubbles and ensure there is room for the semen (cum).Roll the condom down to the base of the penis.

If it's on correctly it will roll downwards easily. If you've started putting it on the wrong way or you’re not sure then take it off and try again. Even if the partner or you hasn’t ejaculated (cum) there can still be semen on his penis (pre-cum), so it’s important to try again with a new condom. (Mainly due to risk of other STI's)

Finally if you are changing the sex act, than change the condom.

Your risk assessment:

The condom broke, so testing would be advisable. Guidelines are to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result.

Jim

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:00:51 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.