Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:57:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Golf  (Read 6659 times)

Offline et in arcadia ego

Golf
« on: June 13, 2006, 03:45:11 pm »
Hi,

I'm generally the worst golfer on Earth, but had an unusually good round today. Wondered if anyone else here plays much.

Oh, and I'm a lefty.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Re: Golf
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 04:03:41 pm »
I hit balls almost every day. I just started playing again. I play three times a month. Used to play that much in a week,at least. My most expensive addiction.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 05:15:07 pm »
Jake, my man...I knew we would agree  on something eventually... ;D

Offline Peter B

• Ways to Make Money Online
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 05:21:35 pm »
I play a bit of golf socially, used to play a lot some 20 years ago at school. Its the 19th hole that gets me everytime now!!!! I'm about a 14 handicap, but very erratic!

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:26:05 pm »

My 93 year old neighbor plays golf every day, weather permitting.

Old golfers never die, “like Jake” they just lose their balls! ;D

Terry

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 03:03:56 am »
Terry, funny you say this.

The other day, a couple other guys and I were playing behind a woman in her 80s.

It was fun to watch her. She never hit the ball more than 60 yards, but it was straight down the pipe every blessed time.

I'm sure she was quite a few strokes over par, but she never held us up, and I just loved watching how her shots never had much distance but were always straight. Every damned time. Wsih I could do that.

Offline jack

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 08:21:54 am »
I like to tell people, I dont care what you shoot, just miss it quick. I only play with my wife these days and if we dont have people in front of us,we can play 18 in under three hours,no problem. She shot a 91 this weekend, which is pretty good for someone who has only played 6 rounds this year.
before I stopped playing,because of lipo and feeling crummy from drugs, I was a one handicap. Now i shoot around 80, with a  low 70s score every 4th round or so. I just play to have fun now. A great escape.
They paired us with a 5th grader this weekend, he shot 76 and hit it a mile. Amazing.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 08:36:14 am »
I love golf.  I started at an early age.  My dad was retired before I started grade school, and he was a die hard.  In my professional career I did a lot of business entertainment, and played many rounds.  I have had some incredible rounds, and some pretty shitty ones.  Doesn't matter because a shitty round of golf is better than a day in the office, or a root canal! ;D

Offline jack

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 09:44:46 am »
Terry, I havent lost my balls, in fact I have had 8 holes in one. The absolute best golf I have ever played was while I was on steroids in middle 90s. I was bombing the ball. The worst I have ever played was when I was doing the 36 pills a day thing back in 90s, with diahrea attacks every several holes.
Speaking of balls,at a dinner party last year,where I was the only sober person, my wife made the ridiculous but hilarious statement that "balls were over rated", a very good looking woman sitting next to me whispered in my ear "i just love balls". I have no idea what this has to do with golf.

ET, we agree on a lot of things,just not how to get there. heavy,huh?

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 05:58:45 pm »
ET,

I forgot to mention, My 93-year-old friend walks the course while his younger buddies ride in the golf cart. I usually have Sunday brunch there a couple of times a month. Northwood golf course is beautifully set in the redwoods.

If I can ever figure out how to do it I’ll attach a picture of  the golf course here.

Jake, I never doubted once that you didn't’ have balls. If anyone does it’s you!  ;D

Terry (Who really does like Jake)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:01:20 pm by Terry »

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 12:22:04 am »
I LOVE to golf, but I really suck at it!  When I pay for a round of golf, I REALLY PLAY ALL AROUND the course and get my money's worth!

The feeling of being outside, competing only against yourself is awesome!  And OH the sound the ball makes when it makes contact with the club AWESOME!

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 12:35:33 am »
I am so addicted to playing golf.....but unfortunately I rarely have time to play the courses....so I usually end up at the driving range.  whacking those golf balls is a good form of stress reliever for me. 

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 02:11:19 am »
Jake:

Man, your "miss it quick" is right on. That's exactly how I feel about the game. I am a bad golfer, but I play badly in swift order.

There is nothing like being on the course on a hot day, sun blazing, and looking at your watch while some idiots in front of you "plumb" every one of the seven putts they're going to take on the hole.

Offline jack

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 06:46:51 am »
sdgirl, my favorite sound on the golf course doesnt exist anymore. The sound of metal spikes on concrete was the finest sound in the world. But the first thing that got me hooked was the sound of the club hitting ball.

optimistic, I hit try to hit at least one bucket every day. Stress and all my troubles disappear. I only play two or three rounds a month.

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 04:19:29 pm »
Hi, guys!
Well, I haven't posted much in these forums lately and one of  the main reasons  is...Golf!  The other being travelling around this enchanting European continent that I love so much.  I have to confess, though,  that I play the courses almost on a daily basis.   There are at least fifty nice courses around Paris and this, of course, makes it easy for me to practice my second favorite sport, swimming being my first passion.
Also, I live in one of these fifty golf courses and that, believe me, is a blessing in every sense!  Whenever I feel like hitting some balls, playing some holes, well, I just get out and go.  By the way, if any of you come to Paris and feel like playing eighteen holes, just let me know! 

Val
______
______
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.