Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:24:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 217
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Tiny Black Rocks (please read!!!) im going nuts...  (Read 13697 times)

Offline ParanoidGuy

Tiny Black Rocks (please read!!!) im going nuts...
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:20:15 am »
Hello, I’m Martin… and I’m going nuts.

I've always been extremely careful about STD's, so I always use a condom.

Last night, I was at a sex-worker's place, and had intercourse with her. First I put on the condomn, and after 1 minute of vaginal intercourse I decided I wanted a second condom on top of it, just in case.

Now this is the reason I’m feeling paranoid. After the intercourse, I started thinking… what if the first condomn (the one below) broke and I didn’t notice?

And if so, what if the vaginal fluids (that would have come in contact with the first condom during that first minute of vaginal intercourse) came in contact with my penis, in case it actualy broke? This is all paranoia based on the hypotesis the first condom, the one below, broke (which im not sure and cannot prove, or deny). Alter that, while showering my penis, I noticed a strange little tiny black rock on it (on my penis)… then I remembered that women’s vagina are kind of sandy, so I started thinking… what if that tiny little black rock was inside the woman’s vagina (in case women actually have that kind of little tiny black rocks inside of them), and what if the presence of that tiny little black rock on my penis could be a prove of it (my penis) being in direct contact with her vaginal fluid, in case the condom (the one below) broke?

Please help me! Im feeling paranod, thinking that tiny little black rock would have come from the woman’s vagina, being that some kind of prove the first condom (the one below) broke and that my penis could have come in contact with her vaginal fluid. (the vaginal fluid on the first condomn, the one below, that have may gotten there during that first minute of vaginal intercourse, before I decided to put on the second one)

Alter reading my story, which I know is kinda stupid and all, I got two main questions. Please answer them, so I can stop worrying this much.

1.   DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE’S ACTUALLY LITTLE TINY BLACK ROCKS ON THE INSIDE OF A WOMEN’S VAGINA? DOES THE PRESENCE OF ONE OF THOSE LITTLE TINY BLACK ROCKS IN MY PENIS MEAN I COULD HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH VAGINAL FLUID?

2. DO YOU THINK I SHOULD KEEP WORRYING? I CANNOT PROVE (NEITHER DENY) THE FIRST CONDOM ACTUALY BROKE, BUT THE ONLY REASON I HAVE TO THINK IT COULD IS THE PRESENCE OF THAT TINY LITTLE BLACK ROCK I FOUND ON MY PENIS WHILE SHOWERING. PLEASE TELL ME, ARE THERE LITTLE TINY BLACK ROCKS IN A WOMAN’S VAGINA???

ARE THERE LITTLE TINY BLACK ROCKS IN A WOMAN’S VAGINA???

I’M GOING NUTS WITH THIS!!!!

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
Re: Tiny Black Rocks (please read!!!) im going nuts...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:34:58 am »
I respectfully submit:

The tiny black rock is really a pearl.

You see, when vaginas are loose in the wild, slithering along the beach, they often get sand inside of their pink bits, and this is an irritant to them, so to protect themselves, they create a black shell around the sand, and it makes a pearl!   I hope you kept your "little black rock" because it's worth a lot of money!  You should take it and get it appraised by the jeweler!

Sometimes, if the vagina is exceptionally mean, it may have some pent up anger, and instead of creating a pearl, it will alternatively, through it's heat and incredible pressure, create a diamond... but this is very rare and usually only happens in countries closer to the equator.

Okay, I'm lying about all of this.

WHAT KIND OF ASSHOLE QUESTION IS THAT?

There are no black rocks in vaginas. 

Know the monster.

-joseph

*modified to include respect*
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:40:28 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 11:42:59 am »
Martin, you need to take a good deep breath and slow down right now. I mean it. Nice deep breath in and then out slowly.

Now that I have your attention let's proceed. I have no idea what the little black rock is that you discovered on your penis. Nor how it got there. Whatever it is it has nothing to do with HIV. And no, little black rocks are not one of the elements ordinarily found in a vagina.

In your zeal to protect yourself you actually made an important mistake. Never use two condoms. The effect of doing that can actually cause breakage in the condoms. And if there had been breakage during this incident you would have known it because it's not a subtle event when one of them falls apart.

One latex condom properly worn for intercourse will do the job very effectively as far as protecting you against HIV.

I don't see any cause for further concern about HIV in relation to this incident.

Now, keep breathing and work on taking down that anxiety level.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 11:46:41 am »
Joseph, however ridiculous the question may have seemed to you, the guy is clearly in an agitated stated and is asking for help and not mockery. 

Please don't respond to questions if you can't do it respectfully.
Andy Velez

Offline ParanoidGuy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 12:14:57 pm »
Thank you Andy, and thank you Joseph (or Strayboy74)

Even if Joseph's answer was ever kind of harsh, I really apreciate it, it did get to calm me down a little bit, as well as Andy's answer to my "paranoia issue".

The thing is, this is the second time I get involved in all this HIV thing. Almost a year and a half ago, during intercourse with a woman I barely knew, the condom broke and neither of us realised until it was already too late; the intercourse was over, I eyeculated, and was just after that we realised the condom was broken.

The HIV paranoia then took over me. I went running to the hospital looking for some drugs, and I folowed the procedure. But the paranoia continued not only for the 6 months it took me to get HIV tested, but for a whole year instead, dying in the inside, always fearful of getting HIV from everything I thouched, or anyone.

Finally, about 3 months ago, I got a 1 year HIV test, which came out negative thank god. Ever since, I've been working hard to re-make my life, trying hard to overcome my fears of HIV. And now, when I finally though the fear was gonne, I have sex with this prostitute and all of the sudden I begin fearing all over again: "what if the inside condom broke? what if it broke and then the vaginal fluids on it came in contact with my penis? what if the tiny little black rock (which, by the way, is very very small... that's why I though the worst, that it could be an element of a woman vaginal secretion... because being a woman vagina sandy as it is, I thought: "if it is so sandy, why wouldn't these little tiny things be the reason of it being sandy?") on my penis would mean contact, direct or indirec, of the woman vaginal secretions with my it (my penis)?"

So, that's why I'm so agraviated right now. The thing is, that even if I know that most probably the inside condom didn't broke, or the tinny little black rock is just something else and not the reason a woman's vagina is so sandy, the paranoia just took over me once again. And I just can't get a hold on that. Even now, while I write this and being a lot less anxious than before, I still have a little tiny fear of "what if the inside condom indeed broke" or "what if the tinny very very small black thing that looks like a tiny rock indeed is something that came out from the sex-worker's vagina or her vaginal fluids... would that prove the inside condom broke? would that endanger me?"... I know that's just a stupid fear, but even that way I can't control myself every time I think: "and what if it is no a stupid fear. what if it is true? what if, I'm in danger all over again..."

This is my situation. And I hope you realise how much I apreciate your help, and how much did I take out of me by finally writing this to someone... because is the first time I do.

Thank you,
Martin.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 12:26:47 pm »
Martin-

It is much more difficult for a male to contract HIV from a female.  MUCH MORE DIFFICULT.  Not to say it doesn't happen.  Get tested to relieve your anxiety if you still fear exposure, and know that people generally tend to become positive (if they are indeed, positive) within two to six weeks after exposure. 

The little black rock was probably something along the lines of belly button lint that might have fallen into the condom as you were caught in the moment, and putting it on - or even taking it off. :)  Be grateful that you didn't find a paper clip or a hard candy. :)

-joseph
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:29:22 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline ParanoidGuy

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 01:10:50 pm »
Haha thanks for the information Joseph  ;)

But now, seriously, I know I'm being such a paranoid dutchbag, but...

So there's absolutly any kind of very small grain-like or rock-like (like the size of a grain of sand) involved in the woman's vaginal secretion, or vagina area in general? Let me get this straight, so I can stop worrying about the "the sex-worker's vaginal fluid got in contact with me because I found a sand-like black little thing in my penis... just 1." thing.

Thanks a lot,
Martin.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 01:23:49 pm »
If I were you, and this was giving me a severe case of the head-weasels, I would DEFINITELY get tested, and set my mind at ease.

As far as the rock.  NO. There are ABSOLUTELY NO "black rocks" produced anywhere by the human body.

On this question, I refer you once again to my original post. :)  RESPECTFULLY.  :)

-joseph

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 02:18:23 pm »
Paranoid, it is possible to have found a small stone. It would be related to one of the many kidney stones. Yes, even women pass kidney stones along with guys that go unnoticed. That is the best way to pass a kidney stone I may say. Unnoticed and painless.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 02:38:48 pm »
I don't think kidney stones are black though.

-joseph

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 02:42:04 pm »
Yes, kidney stones can be shades of black, yellow, brown and/or gray. I forgot to mention red.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:51:24 pm by RapidRod »

Offline ParanoidGuy

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 03:11:23 pm »
So, Rod, what do you think?

Should I get HIV tested within a range of 3 to 6 months? Do you think my case would be more of a real peril instead of a paranoia attack?

Remember, I don't even know (or have proves) the first condom, the one below, broke; actually, I'ts more like a fear, because I have no proves to either comfirm, or deny, that the condom actualy broke, It's been more like a "what if" fear all the time.

By the way I've checked some kidney stones on the web after what you said, and the smallest one I could
find was 4 mm sized. The "tiny little black rock" I was talking around earlier was max 1 mm sized (more like a dot, a little tiny black dot)... like I said, it REALLY was small, very small.  ;) So my guess is that's not gonna be a kidney stone after all... at least, that's what I think, please correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Thanks a lot,
Martin.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:13:33 pm by ParanoidGuy »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:18 pm »
You didn't have a risk first of all. You should never use two condoms and yes you can find a kidney stone at .5mm. My first kidney stone was so large it had to be palsated apart. Now if you find a #3 piece of stone, then I would say keep your dick out of the dirt. You don't have any reason to worry.

Offline ParanoidGuy

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 04:18:38 pm »
Yea, you rite.

I have no reason to worry... even if my anxiety told me otherwise.

I think I'm just gonna stop with the "what if" kinda of fears and just relax a little bit...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 07:24:43 pm »
Good. And I'll believe that when you stop with the what ifs.

You have no cause to be concerned about HIV. Period. End of story.

Just keep using latex condoms. One at a time. 

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.