Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

just tested positive 2 weeks ago :(

(1/1)

casumik:
i just tested positive 2 week ago, initially pretty numb, coming out of the fog and trying to understand cd4(166) and viral load(4.6 million) good lord.had noticed a fever for over a month, then got a call from the only person my partner and I have slept with, oner time in four years of monogamy. he told us he was poz and to get tested. well i am poz, thank god my partner tested negative. so this is my first hello to everyone albeit somber

Jim Allen:
Sorry to hear about the diagnosis.

The news that you are living with HIV can take time to digest. How is your partner taking the news of your diagnosis?

With a CD4 count below 200, your doctor might want to start you on antibiotics to prevent certain infections. Has this and starting HIV treatment been discussed already?

Best, Jim

casumik:
My partner is doing very well with this he has started prep and I am on the biktary and an antibiotic. Thanks for your reply🙏🏾

leatherman:
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis; but finding out and getting onto meds is the most important and most helpful thing you can do.

--- Quote from: casumik on April 01, 2021, 12:00:44 pm ---then got a call from the only person my partner and I have slept with, oner time in four years of monogamy. he told us he was poz and to get tested.

--- End quote ---
that person probably found out just recently that they were positive too. I say that because people living with HIV who are on successful treatment (i.e. staying on the daily meds and their viral load getting to undetectable) for at least 6 months, no longer transmit HIV. for you this is good news because once you become UD for 6 months, you and your partner will no longer need to worry about you passing HIV to him. (he may even want to stop PrEP then, if you are his only partner)

and just a quick word of caution for the next time y'all have another partner - unprotected sex can also lead to syphilis, gonorrhea, or chlamydia. While none are as bad as HIV, you don't want any of those STIs either ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version