Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:58:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 636
Total: 637

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Back Home  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Biggums

Back Home
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:18:46 am »
Thanks to everyone who offered support during this difficult time.  They finally realeased him tonight so he is resting in bed at the moment.  He has a pretty nasty open wound on his rear where they drained the infection out.  Because my insurance doesn't cover him, and he has none for medical care, I am responsible for changing the packing in the wound twice a day until it heals.  They showed me how to do it and I nearly passed out.  Taking a pair of tweezers and pulling the old stuff out and repacking it with new.  I have to give him some pretty strong meds just to get him through it.

Thank god he does have HSI, the insurance here in MO that does cover all his meds.  I got to the lone pharmacy around us that has a contract with the state for his meds.  It was closed so I went to Walgreen's to buy just one pill til tomorrow when I can get to his pharmacy and get it filled.  That one pill was almost twenty dollars.  I about passed out but I should have known better from listening to stories on here.

So I will be playing nurse for awhile til this thing heals, and although it is scary, it is far better than what he is going through and I always need to keep that in mind. 

Wish us luck and as always, thanks.
44 year old gay man .......just broke up with the only man I've ever really loved.

You can love completely without complete understanding.

Offline Eldon

Re: Back Home
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 12:48:12 am »
Hello Biggums,

It is good to hear that he his home from the hospital. It is good news that they were able to drain the infection also. Sending wishes for him to heal soon.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:34:59 am »
Glad to hear hes home from the hospital. Hope his wound heals fast. Just dont forget to take care of yourself also.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 02:58:39 pm »
I'll tell you.....it makes you appreciate those nurses who do this dressing change thing all the time.  I had some experience with it  and it was definately something you have to practice a bit before you get good at it.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline whizzer

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 03:30:57 pm »
I had to do that for an abcess I had excised last winter.  It is gross.  I changed mine myself, but it was where I could reach it. Just be sure to wet the old packing real good with sterile water and let it sit for a few minutes before removing it.    That lets any clotted blood around the outside soften up so it is more comfortable when you pull it out.  Not so important now, since it's probably quite moist on it's own, but as it heals it will tend to dry out around the edges and will hurt when you tug on it.

Offline Biggums

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 08:02:48 pm »
Thanks for your concern guys.  Eldon and Teresa you two are always a fountain of support.  Bear....10-4 on thankiing the nurses and Whizzer I know that advice will come in handy as they hadn't told me about that one.  Love you guys.
44 year old gay man .......just broke up with the only man I've ever really loved.

You can love completely without complete understanding.

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 11:39:45 pm »
HEY!!! It's not bad...Do not get me wrong...HE IS LUCKY!!! Someone is taking a look to his ass twice a day!!!!!! :D :D...And you are playing with a nice butt TWICE A DAY!!!!!

Just my very bad humor.... I know...But cheer up...Plus, I may be unpolite...but...You could try to play a little while on the "cleaning" session...

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.