Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:33:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Costume This Year  (Read 5101 times)

Offline Basquo

My Costume This Year
« on: October 28, 2007, 05:35:38 pm »
Well it wasn't fabulous by any means, but I did a "couple's" costume for the first time, probably ever!  My BF runs a charity and the Hallowe'en party is pretty much the biggest event of the year.  We had kind of a low turnout, tho, so now I have 2 cases of beer in my fridge (boo hoo hoo.)

I was a butterfly and Lee was a lepidopterist, net and all.  Curtis came and won a costume prize for "First Pirate to Show Up." Ask him where he got those fabulous threads. Buckmarktx didn't make it, but I can't say I blame him as it was pretty chilly and generally Hallowe'en weekend is not the best time to be out on a motorcycle at night.

A friend of ours took the Best Costume prize; he was Sen. Larry Craig, complete with a portable stall that had handles on the inside so he could pick it up and walk around. His pants were open, showing stars-n-stripes boxers, and he even had a REAL boarding pass from the airport where Craig got busted!  (Curtis has that picture, so maybe he'll post it for us.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: My Costume This Year
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 07:00:11 pm »
 :D..I love the way you guys get involved with Halloween..we never celebrate it over this side of the world..and it looks like so much fun.. the outfits look good, and Curtis makes a great looking pirate...and I love the butterfly theme, is that the net the BF caught you with.... ;)

Edited because I forgot to tell you Cora celebrates her first birthday today.

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:47:02 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:04:05 pm »
Great pics! I would have loved to see the Larry Craig costume. Unfortunately I am not dressing up this year.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 08:59:28 pm »
Great pics! I would have loved to see the Larry Craig costume. Unfortunately I am not dressing up this year.

GSO, my first reaction was WTF!???  But then I remembered what's going on and it made total sense. You are a good boyfriend/friend/man.  You officialy have this Hallowe'en off. I hope at least you get some Trick-or-Treaters.

:D..I love the way you guys get involved with Halloween..we never celebrate it over this side of the world..and it looks like so much fun.. the outfits look good, and Curtis makes a great looking pirate...and I love the butterfly theme, is that the net the BF caught you with.... ;)

Edited because I forgot to tell you Cora celebrates her first birthday today.

Hugs
Jan :-*

Happ Birthday Cora!  I think you should dress up my little girl and take her door-to-door and ask for charity donations!

Love to you both,
Creighton

Dan J.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 09:03:16 pm »
Looks like you had a fun time! Love the costumes!

Dan

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 09:12:15 pm »
I have decided to follow my calling...and get some nooky in an outfit that suits my speaking style

Offline Iggy

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 09:14:55 pm »
P.s. What good is a priest going for some nooky without a cute young boy to corrupt?

I present my one and only sole desire, my own little Harry Potter

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 09:17:56 pm »
OMG!  I was just about to post that someone needed to shave if you were going to do a "couple's" costume...but I see they already have!

and nice to see a magic wand that he can actually show here in the forums!

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 09:26:56 pm »
Great costumes folks.....

Ford, I'll be thinking of you on Halloween, I know it's your favorite thing !  I'm not dressing up this year either. Hope things are going well in your partner's treatment....

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 10:16:59 pm »
I'll be honest:  Halloween has snuck up on me this year.  I haven't prepared a costume this time around.  Still, I'm supposed to go with my little nephew (age 5) and his friends (about 4 or 5 other little boys) trick or treating tomorrow night.  I'm wondering if there is still time to whip up a good Michael Jackson costume for the occasion.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Jody

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 10:47:45 pm »
Creighton a BUTTERFLY- OMG!!! :P

Sounds like a great time, Curtis must have been a handsome pirate, I'd walk the plank for him  ;)

My best to Abbey as well - what is she going as?

Happy Halloween all, if I can't make it to the Village Wednesday I will watch on channel 1 as I have in the past, you get a great view and even get to vote on best costumes!!!

Jody  ;D
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Basquo

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 09:43:38 pm »
Jody, just saw your reply!  Abbey had to work at her new job downtown, and she was perplexed as to how to dress, and she finally decided to don my wings and be a butterfly!  Very fitting, as she is the one who taught me how to raise butterflies.  She hasn't sent me a picture yet.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 09:55:29 pm »
Me and my boyfriend did the 70's this year. Curled my hair into a white girl afro and wore the gaudiest makeup. We had a blast LOL

Offline Basquo

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 09:59:50 pm »
oh, Honey, y'all looked GOOD! Love the daisies--the onlything missing is a white belt on your man!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 10:13:19 pm »
LOL he was trying to hide his lipo gut. Thank you!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.