Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:31:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773197
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 474
Total: 476

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Took My Dose 8 Hours Late.... Reyataz, Truvada, Norvir  (Read 12193 times)

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
Took My Dose 8 Hours Late.... Reyataz, Truvada, Norvir
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:48:23 pm »
What I understand is that durability is associated with adherence, but there is some "wiggle" room. I will never advocate that its OK to skip days.... We are not to miss days. But studies do show that occasional missed doses may not doom us to instant resistance.

When we are so focused on compliance, it shouldn't become its own source of stress if by accident, we were to miss a dose. Studies suggest a number that is considered within that range of adherence. For discussion Purposes, it would be good to know how folks handle the occasional misstep.

What happened to me, and it even surprised me, that I prepared my morning dose per usual, but because I have pets, I often put my pills in a place where they can't disturb them, while I eat my toast.... I got distracted by sitting down and watching television, and forgot about my pills until later in the day... (I realize, I should not get distracted.... that's how comfortable I had become in my routine. So no more TV until I finish my breakfast and pill combo.)

Now i was presented with the decision... I'm was 8 hour after my normal dosing time, 4 hours after the "window"....

I'm sure many of us will be faced by this challenge. My meds say to skip until the next day. I rationalized that I'll take the pills now, and then take the next days pills 4 hours after my normal dosing time and get back on schedule the 3rd day. So I took them 8 hours late.

I simply don't advise anyone do what i did. I went outside of guidance. But I'm just simply sharing what I did in that circumstance. I felt better taking the pills that late than missing my dose completely. That I rather deal with whatever effect taking the pills late might lead too than stressing out on missing a day's dose.

We are not machines, and mistakes do happen. I try to plan well, even carry extra doses with me when traveling just in case I get stuck in an airport or a campsite or want to stay an extra day.

But I had to deal with my first "misstep".

I'd like to hear how other handle missteps in dosing and weather you think I should have followed Guidelines and skipped until the next day, or do what i did, and take the pills after the official guidance.

I don't feel like I incurred any special or significant issues for this one time, so far, issue.

Thoughts?
risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
Re: Took My Dose 8 Hours Late.... Reyataz, Truvada, Norvir
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:11:39 pm »
Hmmm...  I think you did the right thing.  But it's odd your meds say to skip to the next day.  What the Truvada web site says to do is basically what you did (the first day at least)

"If you forget to take TRUVADA, take it as soon as you remember that day. Do not
take more than 1 dose of TRUVADA in a day. Do not take 2 doses at the same
time. Call your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you are not sure what to do. It
is important that you do not miss any doses of TRUVADA or your anti-HIV-1
medicines."
http://www.truvada.com/ppi.pdf

It's silent about day two, but I'd just go back to the regular schedule in your shoes.

But yeah ... take em when you remember and fix it so you won't forget for that reason again. 

And try not to worry.  99% adherence is still good.
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline weasel

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:47:55 pm »
My meds are the SAME  as yours !

One time  about  four months ago I got up early and just got off tract !

I took my  pills   at   6 pm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take them at   7 am !!!!!!!!!!!!

It says do not take them if too late ........................

I say take them , if you forget !

Yesterday   was my 5 year anniversary   on meds ........OH GOOY !!!!!!!!!!!   HORAY !!!!!!!!!!!

Only  ONCE  have i missed a dose by   11  hours !

I was upset , but my labs came out well    : )

I try to be  right on with meds !   First thing in the morning I put them on my place mat !

The Kitty only  BIT the reyataz   ONCE   :o

be well , I am sure you will be fine .

big hug !  , Carl   
" Live and let Live "

Offline confidentIwillbeOK

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:52:46 pm »
5 years and one late dose?  Bravo!  That is amazing to me.....

Did kitty only bite once because kitty learned his lesson or is kitty in kitty heaven because he OD'd?   :o

Offline weasel

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 08:12:22 am »

hi  OK ,   I really try !  it is important  :)

Oh kitty
 Kitty  Drooled all over the house for a half hour  ::)

Kitty has NEVER  gone near my pills again !   LOL

" Live and let Live "

Offline confidentIwillbeOK

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:32:37 am »
So kitty is taking a little drug holiday? Poor thing going to have any resistance issues when he goes back on?   :D

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 11:27:57 am »
I am on Isentress and Truvada.  I take 1 Isentress and 1 Truvada in the morning and then 1 Isentress at night.  One morning, I messed up and took 2 isentress, so that evening I took 1 isentress and 1 truvada.  Then the very next morning, I got back on my usual routine and took 1 isentress plus 1 truvada.

I noticed that taking the Truvada so close together made my stomach feel a little queasy, so I guess some of the dosing instruction have something to do with side effects.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 12:35:23 pm »
I've been on HAART a year and saw my ID the other week. I told him my dosing (2x a day) is pretty damn irregular and yet I always manage two doses in a day, spaced apart. Lunch and evening, for example. Sometimes breakfast and dinner.  Sometimes monring coffee break and midnight.  Today its going to be afternoon and 1 am or so. 

He seemed fine with this saying that the body holds the therapeutic dose for longer than a day. Maybe thats just my combo.

Perhaps the really knowledgeable members here can chip in their advice.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.