Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 360
Total: 362

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Mu;tal masturbation, cross contamination  (Read 14626 times)

Offline Jergen

Mu;tal masturbation, cross contamination
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:48:33 am »
Hello all;  a quick description of the event.  After massage received oral and fingering from sex worker.  Sometime during the activity she lubed her vagina.  Later she fingered me.  She was very wet in the vaginal area(much vaginal fluid as I was fingering her).  Am concerned that vaginal fluid was introduced into my anus by her finger.  Would not be too concerned but during bowel movement an hour or so later found small amount of blood in stool. Blood would not be from her finger but from fissures in anus, semi constipation etc.   What are chances of contanimated vaginal fluid passing  from her finger while she fingered me to  tear in rectum from her fingering.    Thank you very much in advance for any information or advice you can provide.  Jergen

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV vaginal fluid to anus through fingering
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:29:50 am »
Jergen, please believe me that you aren't the first person to have been fingered with a woman's vaginal secretions on her fingers.

And there's never been a documented case of transmission in this manner.

By the way, the anal bleeding you are concerned about most likely occured during the bowel movement itself rather than an ongoing bleeding condition anally.

But whether that was the scenario or not I don't see this as an incident to be concerned. HIV is a fragile virus. IF the woman was HIV+ and IF the secretions were from further up in her cervical area rather than the more common area of the lips, and IF, etc.

So many factors would have to come together to make this situation an actual risk ....well, it just doesn't happen and that's why this would fall into the category of theoretical rather than actual risk.

I don't see any cause for concern about HIV nor any need for testing.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Jergen

Re: HIV vaginal fluid to anus through fingering
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:07:58 pm »
Andy,thank you very much for taking the time to reply.  I will rely on your expert advice and let this pass.  You have eased my concern.  Thanks again, Jergen.

Offline Jergen

Mu;tal masturbation, cross contamination
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 01:53:34 pm »
Hi all, need some advice.  Sex provider masturbated, came on hand, used same hand to masturbate me until i came.  Very converned over possibility of cross contaminataion of seminal fluids, cum.  What are chance of his semen, if infected, entering my urethrea and infecting me with HIV.  Very concerned.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jergen.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Mu;tal masturbation, cross contamination
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:10:03 pm »
Put all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 02:11:41 pm »
Jergen,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mutual masturbation is NOT a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jergen

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 06:58:19 pm »
Ann, thanks for the reminder.  Another question.  I keep getting different answers to:  if a person is infected with HIV appraoximately how long after exposure does he or she start experiencing symptoms in the Acute phase.  I know this probably varies, but a general time frame would be helpful.  Would two or three days be too soon?  Thanks, Jergen.

Offline Jergen

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 07:00:31 pm »
Sorry, forgot to add.  If a woman has HIV infected semen in her vagina from recent intercourse, how long does the virus remain viable?  Couple Drs. I asked couldn't provide that answer.  Thanks again.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 07:29:23 pm »
Jergen, this is getting to be a "what if" after "what if" issue with you. You don't get infected in the manner you are "what ifing" about. You did not have a risk and all the "what ifs" you can come up with, will not change our answers.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 07:39:11 pm »
If a woman has HIV infected semen in her vagina from recent intercourse, how long does the virus remain viable?

Jergen,

If you have a condom on your penis, it doesn't matter.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jergen

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 07:59:47 pm »
Very true, but my question remains a valid one.  Do you or anyone in the scientific community know how long HIV remains viable in the semen deposited in a woman's vagina.  A provider that doesn't swish between clients might be carrying contaminated semen for a period of time, and an unsuspecting client who does not use a condom could come into contact with it.  Provider healthy, semen in vagina harmful to unsuspecting, unprotected client.  The forum provides great info. regarding interraction of individuals, but throw in that third variable.  Anybody have an answer.  An not going to get compulsive over this, but is just another bit of the educational process regarding HIV.  I think it is an important question.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Your insight, guidance, and information are appreciated and the forum is a valuable and respected medium for sharing information.  Respectfully, Jergen.  PS, if this is a dumb question, just let me know.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 08:10:54 pm »
It doesn't matter if semen is there or not. You don't use a condom and you and the woman haven't tested negative together, then consider yourself looking for trouble.

Offline Jergen

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 12:21:23 am »
Thanks Rapid; I'm not talking about me in particular, just posing a possible scenario and looking for an answer.  Thanks for your time.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 12:24:36 am »
For what goal do you pose this question other than your own concern?
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Jergen

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 12:56:10 am »
Goal is simple, information and education. The more knowledge a person has about any subject  the more informed his/her decisions are.  Didn't know this was going to be such a big deal.  Is this a state secret or something.  If I have violated forum decorum let me know.  If questions are to be of a personal nature only that is ok,again, just let me know.  Didn't know there were any out of bounds questions.  All of my postings are under one thread as you ask them to be.  They might not be related.  Again,thanks for your time.  I respect and admire all who participate here and don't mean to ruffle any feathers. 

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 11:41:41 pm »
Why I am being a hardass about this? Because you clearly aren't over your concern. The above two statements prove it. So nothing we have said and nothing we put as 'education' on this forum would appear to help. THAT, my friend, is why it is a big deal to answer this rather pointless question.

For people's education? What education do you think they would gain from this? That is is OK to have sex with someone you know to be HIV negative but had HIV infected semen in them after X hours?

No, the only advice is USE A CONDOM. As has been said lots of times.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:44:50 pm by HIVworker »
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Jergen

cuta on penis, oral sex
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 01:32:24 pm »
During extreme masturbation chafed penis to point where skin broke.  Subsequent oral sex by TS during the same session.  Chances of HIV contraction  of HIV laden saliva during oral sex entering through wound.?  Thanks. 

Offline RapidRod

Re: cuta on penis, oral sex
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 01:35:07 pm »
Post all your questions and concern in your orginal thread. Do NOT start new threads for each question and concern.

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
Re: cuta on penis, oral sex
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 02:07:20 pm »
Jergen, as Ann told you in Dec 2006 last time you started a new thread instead of returning to your original one, if you want to find your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page. No doubt she will be along shortly to merge this into your original thread, in the meantime please re-read the welcome thread to remind yourself of the forum rules.

in answer to your question, i suggest that while you are re-reading the welcome thread you pay particular attention to the transmission lesson link as this should provide you with all the information you need.

if you have intercourse you should always use a latex condom but as far as blowjobs go, receiving a blow job is not a risk for HIV. the transmission lesson on specific sexual practices will explain this in more detail but to summarise, there is a theoretical risk but it remains just that, theoretical, ie no cases confirmed in all the years of HIV research. this is due to the fact that even if the person giving the bj was poz (which you dont know) the amount of virus that is present in saliva is negligible.
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 02:44:45 pm »
Jergen, I've merged your threads. Please follow our policy and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

As far as your concern this time, in the entire history of the epidemic there has not ever been a single confirmed case of transmission through someone getting a blowjob. Not one. Not even with nicks, sores and whatever else. So it's safe to say you are not going to make history by becoming the first.

There's no cause for HIV concern about this incident nor any need for testing.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Jergen

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 05:05:12 am »
 Recently I had unprotected oral with a sex worker who came in my mouth.  I had small cut on the lip from shaving that day, and was exposed to the cum.  Should I get tested? Thanks, Jergen.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 08:57:15 am »
No, you don't need to test.

Offline Jergen

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 04:44:52 pm »
Thanks Rapid for the reply.  Just a point of clarificataion.  After the sex worker came in my mouth the cum dribbled out of mouth over lip and cut from shaving.  This has me concerned as nick bled a little after shaving, so could be considered an open wound.  How do you feel about this scenario as a test or no test situation.  Thanks, Jergen.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 04:51:14 pm »
No risk. You don't need to test.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 08:15:40 pm »
There have been a very few cases of transmission attributed to giving someone a blowjob. They have never been solidly documented. There is much more evidence through longterm studies of sero-discordant couples who had lots of unprotected oral (both gay and straight) and none of the sero-negative partners became infected.

Your saliva has elements which serve as a naturally inhibitory force in preventing HIV from being transmitted.

So no, I don't see any need for testing no matter what other tweaks you continue to add into the worry mix.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Jergen

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2010, 02:47:22 pm »
Back to forum after a long absence.  I want to start a new thread(topic), but don't know how.  Please help.  I know this question does not belong here, but don't know how to post it.  Thanks  Jergen

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 02:52:28 pm »
As you have been told before several times, DO NOT start a new thread. Post your question in this same thread.

Thanks for your cooperation. 
Andy Velez

Offline Jergen

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 11:48:59 pm »
Yeah, Andy that's what I'm trying to do. Please tell me how to post a new thread.  Thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 08:06:41 am »
Enter it here in this same thread.
Andy Velez

Offline Jergen

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 11:20:34 am »
A few days ago I had anal intercourse with a transexual sex worker.  After intercourse the condom slipped off during withdrawal.  This was not realized at the time.  Probably ten minutes later she realized what had happened and pulled it out.  The ring and a portion of the condom was outside.  I examined the condom and her cum was still in it.  We had intercourse for a second time with a second condom.  Iam concerned that cum from the first condom entered me.  Also, could cum that possibly might have leaked out from the first condom onto the outside of my anus have been reintroduced with her second penetration?  A scientific question?  How long does cum remain viable outside the body?  Thanks.  Really appreciate the help. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »
You are worrying needlessly. Having the condom stay partially in the way you have described is a not uncommon experience. The fact that it was portruding in the manner you have described is a good assurance that there wasn't any leakage during intercourse and after ejaculation.

HIV is a fragile virus. It quickly loses any viability one it's outside the body and away from a receptive environment like a vagina or an anus.

I don't see any need for testing. Condoms provide very effective protection.

Andy Velez

Offline Jergen

Oral sex, cum in mouth
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 01:30:31 am »
 Here we go again.  A couple of days ago I had oral sex with a sex worker.  He came in my mouth.  A couple of day earlier I had been to the dentist for a cleaning.  Is this a test scenario.  I know this doesln't pertain to my original thread, but I am in a quandry how to post a new thread.  Somebody help please.  Thanks  Jergen.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 04:46:53 am »
You were never at risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 09:34:14 am »
No, here we DO NOT go again. Your saliva has over a dozen elements which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV if it is present. You are worrying needlessly.

And don't start a new thread. All of your entries should go into this same thread.

There's no need for testing. Just make sure that for vaginal or anal intercourse you always use condoms and you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV. It really is that simple.
Andy Velez

Offline Jergen

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 12:43:25 pm »
Andy, Rapid, thanks so much for your reply.  If I may try your patience, I forgot to include that morning I bit my upper lip.  I blotted it and a little blood had weeped out.  That night I had the encounter.  Change your advice?  Thanks  Jergen.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 12:57:21 pm »
Andy, Rapid, thanks so much for your reply.  If I may try your patience, I forgot to include that morning I bit my upper lip.  I blotted it and a little blood had weeped out.  That night I had the encounter.  Change your advice?  Thanks  Jergen.
No. Still not a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 01:20:22 pm »
No risk. Period.

This is your last warning. If you come back again about the same non-risk situation you will get a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.

Get on with your life. You are worrying unnecessarily.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.