Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:05:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 589
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 582
Total: 582

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A disability nightmare: Pt 2  (Read 6510 times)

Offline koderkev

• Everything works...in theory.
    • Messages from Krypton
A disability nightmare: Pt 2
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:25:53 pm »
I would like to thank everyone here that sent good thought my way.  Monday I got the letter from Social Security - I won!
It's a shame my hubby didn't live to see it, he died 8 months ago, depressed that after all that waiting we lost our first appeal.
Or perhaps he pulled some strings with God from the "other side." :)

kk
I distrust morning people largely because I suspect them of getting together one morning and setting up the rules of civilization while the rest of us slept.

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
Re: A disability nightmare: Pt 2
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:09:40 pm »
 :D  :Dam glad you did not give up.That's the mistake most people make.This has made you day brighter an mine.Spend it wisely it goes so fast. :D :D
Scooter

Quote from: koderkev link=topic=26502.msg 329224#msg 329224 date=1238700353
I would like to thank everyone here that sent good thought my way.  Monday I got the letter from Social Security - I won!
It's a shame my hubby didn't live to see it, he died 8 months ago, depressed that after all that waiting we lost our first appeal.
Or perhaps he pulled some strings with God from the "other side." :)

kk
:D

Offline lipoenvy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 12:33:01 am »
Congratulations on the successful outcome of your appeal!

We'll have to ask James Van Praagh if your hubby has been pulling strings.

lipoenvy

Offline koderkev

• Messages from Krypton
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:31:11 am »
Actually, my hubby has made it known he is still around.  He's turned off the fan 2 times, the TV once, and caused a printer test page to print out our initials in a line across the page.  He and I both had "Addam's Family"-type families that had these sorts of things happen, so it just further proves that there is life after death.
I distrust morning people largely because I suspect them of getting together one morning and setting up the rules of civilization while the rest of us slept.

Offline thinkertwo

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:26:11 pm »
was wondering....I'm on short term disability.  I have Long term disability insurance through my company.  I was assuming that this would be smooth.  I was informed that the insurance company may require me to apply for disability insurance through the gov.  I wasn't anticipating a fight...will I have one...HIV, Motor Neuron Disease...very hard to move around...work?

Offline koderkev

• Messages from Krypton
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 01:15:04 am »
Not sure about that specific problem, thinkertwo.  My advice (generally speaking) is to anticipate a fight, have your doctor(s) document everything, and file with the government as soon as is possible.  Keep in mind, though, that you cannot be working for the duration from when you apply until you are approved (or finish your appeals).

In my specific instance, I had multiple issues (diabetes, anal warts that were cancerous, and other things) besides the HIV/AIDS diagnosis.  And they still fought me.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 10:34:47 am »
It took my late partner two years to get his Social Security. Unfortunatly 6 months after he started receiving it he died suddenly of heart failure.  Their routine is always to turn down the inital request.
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:44:56 pm »
All sound advice mines don,t are try not to let it frustrated and don,t give up don,t give in and three contact your local are national AIDS organasation so you can talk with a AIDS Law Lawyer but they will try to fight it,s never easy.But remember there are a lot of people behind you.
Scooter

was wondering....I'm on short term disability.  I have Long term disability insurance through my company.  I was assuming that this would be smooth.  I was informed that the insurance company may require me to apply for disability insurance through the gov.  I wasn't anticipating a fight...will I have one...HIV, Motor Neuron Disease...very hard to move around...work?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.