Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:04:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: a lot of peeps gonna hate this  (Read 19154 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: a lot of peeps gonna hate this
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 04:27:28 pm »
LET THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DECIDE!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 07:19:14 pm »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2010, 07:33:45 pm »
Obama clarified what he meant Friday in Florida. Yes they should be allowed to build it but it's location is a little insensitive.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2010, 07:37:43 pm »
Obama clarified what he meant Friday in Florida. Yes they should be allowed to build it but it's location is a little insensitive.

link

Obama didn't say it was insensitive -- stop lying. He said “I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making a decision to put a mosque there.”

You have no shame Roddles. None.  But then you just lied last month about Gov. Rendell funding abortions with ObamaCare programs so this should surprise nobody here. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:39:26 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »
Whatever MissP. He's out in 2012 anyway.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »
And if that wasn't clear enough for the brain dead among us, Saturday the White House clarified it once again[url].

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2010, 08:00:33 pm »

You're a joke -- you can't even admit when you blatantly lie for political points.  Not once but twice.

It's like that time you lied about something Doxie said, and Tim Horn required you retract it publicly, and instead of doing what he requested you slinked away from the forums for an entire month until posting again.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:03:41 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010, 08:03:40 pm »
How many days till the 2010 elections MissP? Do you think you'll keep all your seats?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 08:03:59 pm »

lulz, wow... you amaze me some times.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2010, 08:05:27 pm »
Nevermind. I am having photo trouble.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:10:18 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2010, 08:06:10 pm »

She's trying real hard to change the subject away from her repeated lying, like a good lil' Republican.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2010, 08:09:12 pm »
If you haven't noticed Rev. Moon I don't like Obama or Biden and some of the Senators and Representatives.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2010, 08:11:57 pm »
She's trying real hard to change the subject away from her repeated lying, like a good lil' Republican.

That's their specialty.  Especially since some of them have nothing (as in... facts... logic... etc..) to support their statements then they must use nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Sad.

If you haven't noticed Rev. Moon I don't like Obama or Biden and some of the Senators and Representatives.

Trust me Roddles, I have noticed.  And I remain amazed.  We are cool, but I am amazed nonetheless.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2010, 08:14:55 pm »
I got news for you I'm no she MissP. I'll make sure you have your Kleenexes come November.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2010, 08:17:21 pm »
I got news for you I'm no she MissP. 

Like I said earlier, please stop with the lies LOL

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2010, 08:23:55 pm »
Like I said earlier, please stop with the lies LOL
LOL, how many days is it 80 give or take a day? Obama said he wants change.  :D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2010, 08:34:12 pm »
Ain't it grand how some homos can just lie through their teeth, have zero compunction and express absolutely no remorse?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2010, 08:42:56 pm »
Ain't it grand how some homos can just lie through their teeth, have zero compunction and express absolutely no remorse?
Yes, I was going to ask you why you do that, but I just placed the blame on the poppers. I have remorse. Hey MissP why is it not all of PA agrees with you or is it you just read the Huff Post?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2010, 08:50:13 pm »
Hey MissP why is it not all of PA agrees with you or is it you just read the Huff Post?

There you go, lying again -- this makes three times.  I used an NPR link (you do know what that is, right?) to counter your erroneous claim last month about abortions in Pennsylvania. Naturally you were unable to back up your assertion because it was a lie manufactured on some right wing web site.

Like I said to you earlier in this thread, you can't argue your way out of paper bag.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2010, 08:59:19 pm »
There you go, lying again -- this makes three times.  I used an NPR link (you do know what that is, right?) to counter your erroneous claim last month about abortions in Pennsylvania. Naturally you were unable to back up your assertion because it was a lie manufactured on some right wing web site.

Like I said to you earlier in this thread, you can't argue your way out of paper bag.
I'm not here to argue. I'm just stating my opinion just like you. All you can do is assert to  calling people names that don't agree with you.. I look at it you're leaving everyone else alone. They probably appreciate the break.  :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2010, 09:11:17 pm »
I'm not here to argue. I'm just stating my opinion just like you. All you can do is assert to  calling people names that don't agree with you.. I look at it you're leaving everyone else alone. They probably appreciate the break.  :)

No dear, a lie isn't an "opinion" it's just a lie -- and one that's easily rebutted by providing a primary news source.  Anyone with a high school degree should know this.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:26:12 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2010, 09:28:34 pm »
No dear, a lie isn't an "opinion" it's just a lie -- and one that's easily rebutted by providing a primary news source.  Anyone with a high school degree should know this.

You're so funny.. :D

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2010, 09:49:21 pm »
The Right and the media are making this center an issue. Its cynical for both to be doing this.

I feel dumb, because I don't get why the location is an issue at all. Is that pollyanna of me?  

I decided to read again about Al-Qaeda's and the Salafi jihadist justifications for 9/11.  It's chilling and I see that the same jihadist view results in death and terror many times in recent history - Algeria in particular, but post-Saddam Iraq also.  Muslim radicals killing other muslims.  

After 9/11, all governments and all the Islam "establishment" rejected jihadi terror - as not part of the Islam religion.  It's terror, pure and simple. And fanatics. Fascists.

It seems to me that the really fundamentalist christian right would make good bed fellows with the radical muslims - its all about fanatical devotion to ancient texts, misread and selectively applied to contemporary situations.  

A french guy put this quote on his gay chat profile, that I saw today and thought is just marvelous:  

Un peu d'argumentation face aux crétins qui nous jugent

Récemment une célèbre animatrice radio états-unienne fit remarquer que l’homosexualité est une perversion. « C’est ce que dit la Bible dans le livre du Lévitique, chapitre 18, verset 22 : « Tu ne coucheras pas avec un homme comme on couche avec une femme : ce serait une abomination » C’est clair, non ? « La Bible le dit. Un point c’est tout. », affirma-t-elle.

Quelques jours plus tard, un auditeur lui adressa une lettre ouverte qui disait :
« Merci de mettre autant de ferveur à éduquer les gens à la Loi de Dieu. J’apprends beaucoup à l’écoute de votre programme et j’essaie d’en faire profiter tout le monde. Mais j’aurais besoin de conseils quant à d’autres lois bibliques.

Par exemple, je souhaiterais vendre ma fille comme servante, tel que c’est indiqué dans le livre de l’Exode, chapitre 21, verset 7. A votre avis, quel serait le meilleur prix ?

Le Lévitique aussi, chapitre 25, verset 44, enseigne que je peux posséder des esclaves, hommes ou femmes, à condition qu’ils soient achetés dans des nations voisines. Un ami affirme que ceci est applicable aux mexicains, mais pas aux canadiens. Pourriez-vous m’éclairer sur ce point ? Pourquoi est-ce que je ne peux pas posséder des esclaves canadiens ?

Je sais que je ne suis autorisé à toucher aucune femme durant sa période menstruelle, comme l’ordonne le Lévitique, chapitre 18, verset 19. Comment puis-je savoir si elles le sont ou non ? J’ai essayé de le leur demander, mais de nombreuses femmes sont réservées ou se sentent offensées.

J’ai un voisin qui tient à travailler le samedi. L’Exode, chapitre 35, verset 2, dit clairement qu’il doit être condamné à mort. Je suis obligé de le tuer moi-même ? Pourriez-vous me soulager de cette question gênante qu’une quelconque manière ?

Autre chose : le Lévitique, chapitre 21, verset 18, dit qu’on ne peut approcher de l’autel de Dieu si on a des problèmes de vue. J’ai besoin de lunettes pour lire. Mon acuité visuelle doit-elle être de 100% ? Serait-il possible de revoir cette exigence à la baisse ?

Un dernier conseil. Mon oncle ne respecte pas ce que dit le Lévitique, chapitre 19, verset 19, en plantant deux types de culture différente dans le même champ, de même que sa femme qui porte des vêtements faits de différents tissus, coton et polyester. De plus, il passe ses journées à médire et à blasphémer. Est-il nécessaire d’aller jusqu’au bout de la procédure embarrassante de réunir tous les habitants du village pour lapider mon oncle et ma tante, comme le prescrit le Lévitique, chapitre 24, verset 10 à 16 ? On ne pourrait pas plutôt les brûler vifs au cours d’une réunion familiale privée, comme ça se fait avec ceux qui dorment avec des parents proches, tel qu’il est indiqué dans le livre sacré, chapitre 20, verset 14 ?

Je me confie pleinement à votre aide. Merci de nous rappeler que la parole de Dieu est éternelle et immuable. Un point c’est tout. »

-------------

A quick Google translation:

Recently a famous U.S. radio host pointed out that homosexuality is a perversion. "That's what the Bible says in the book of Leviticus, chapter 18, verse 22:" You not lie with a man as one lies with a woman: it is an abomination "It's clear, right? "The Bible says. Full stop. "She asserted.

A few days later, a listener sent him an open letter that said:
"Please put as much fervor to educate people in the law of God. I learn a lot listening to your program and I try to benefit everyone. But I need advice about other biblical laws.

For example, I would like to sell my daughter as a servant, as claimed in the book of Exodus, chapter 21, verse 7. In your opinion, what is the best price?

Also Leviticus, chapter 25, verse 44 teaches that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend says that this applies to Mexicans, but not to Canadians. Could you clarify this? Why is it that I can not own slaves in Canada?

I know I'm not allowed to touch any woman during her menstrual period, as ordered in Leviticus, chapter 18, verse 19. How do I know if they are or not? I tried to ask them, but many women are reserved or feel offended.

I have a neighbor who wants to work on Saturday. Exodus, chapter 35, verse 2 says clearly that he should be sentenced to death. I am obliged to kill myself? Can you relieve me of this troublesome question that any way?

Another thing: Leviticus, chapter 21, verse 18 says you can not approach the altar of God if I have vision problems. I need glasses to read. My eyesight must be 100%? Would it be possible to review this requirement down?

One last tip. My uncle does not respect what is said in Leviticus, chapter 19, verse 19 by planting two different types of crops in the same field, as well as his wife by wearing garments made of different fabrics, cotton and polyester. In addition, he spends his days gossiping and swearing. Is it necessary to go through the embarrassing process to gather all the villagers to stone my uncle and aunt, as prescribed in Leviticus, chapter 24, verse 10-16? You could not burn them alive rather in a private family meeting, as it is with those who sleep with close relatives, as indicated in the holy book, chapter 20, verse 14?

I rely completely on your help. Thank you for reminding us that the word of God is eternal and unchanging. Full stop. "

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.