Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:10:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Michael Jackson dead at 50?  (Read 69277 times)

Offline Luke

Re: Michael Jackson dead at 50?
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2009, 07:13:59 am »
I can't believe this thread is still going. The phrase "beating a dead horse" comes to mind. ::) ;D

Don't you mean "beating a Madame Tussauds waxwork horse"?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2009, 07:25:34 am »

Don't you mean "beating a Madame Tussauds waxwork horse"?

hehehe... yep, guess that's more appropriate!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2009, 08:28:07 am »
Topic: Michael Jackson dead at 50?

I think by now the question mark can be edited out of the title of this topic.  ::)

I thought the question mark was there because while he was born 50 years ago most of his body parts were a lot younger.  :D
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2009, 09:31:09 am »
I can't believe this thread is still going. The phrase "beating a dead horse" comes to mind. ::) ;D

Uh, please Oh Bitter One -- this is a celebrity criminal (probably) investigation and thus VERY IMPORTANT.

Don't you have someone else's food to pre-chew?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2009, 10:16:34 am »

Uh, please Oh Bitter One -- this is a celebrity criminal (probably) investigation and thus VERY IMPORTANT.

Oh Sweetheart, I'm not bitter. Twisted, maybe, but not bitter.

I've never had much time for Michael Jackson, but I wouldn't wish murder on him either. On the other hand, the whole thing is getting rather tired.

As for pre-chewing someone else's food, naw, I gave that up in my New Year's resolutions back in 1999.

:-*

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2009, 10:44:25 am »

You know Joe Jackson never pre chewed any food for Michael........you can just tell, he has that look about him.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2009, 11:52:08 am »
Everytime I see the name Joe Jackson I think they are talking about the musician.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2009, 12:47:14 pm »

LOL

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2009, 04:28:26 pm »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2009, 09:04:09 pm »
and I'm just eating it up like a Dipravan and Xanax sandwich and I'm going back for more. For the past 2 weeks I've been watching the screaming heads Nancy Grace and that other broad that's on right after her Jane something-another. I can't stand her but I'm as addicted to the gossip like MJ was to Demerol.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2009, 10:02:48 pm »
I'm as addicted to the gossip like MJ was to Demerol.

Isn't that what we all really want-drama? ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2009, 06:37:50 pm »
Well I'm listening to the music and, um, after Thriller album, a few gems but....music superstar genius of all times....?   Pretty damn cool as a young man though.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline antibody

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2009, 09:30:43 pm »
I've got the Number Ones cd and love all the songs. It is sad that he is gone. I love Michael. I just can't help get absorbed in all the drama.
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2009, 09:39:18 pm »
***BREAKING NEWS***

Report: Jackson's Personal Doc Gave Deadly Shot
Law Enforcement Official Reportedly Says Dr. Conrad Murray Administered Deadly Dose

By LINDSAY GOLDWERT and SHEILA MARIKAR
July 27, 2009

Michael Jackson's personal doctor administered the final, deadly shot of the anesthetic propofol that would end his life, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press.

Dr. Conrad Murray was with Jackson when he died June 25 at his California rental home and has been identified in court papers as the subject of a manslaughter investigation.

Edward Chernoff, an attorney for Murray, declined to comment on the report.

"We will not be commenting on rumors, innuendo or unnamed sources," the lawyer said in a statement posted on his Web site.

Murray, Jackson's personal physician hired to monitor the entertainer for his planned "This Is It" tour, was called to Jackson's house June 24 and was the person who found him unconscious, not breathing in bed the next day.

Murray's lawyers have maintained for weeks that the doctor was simply a witness in Jackson's death and had nothing to do with it.

Murray has been widely criticized by medical professionals for waiting more than 30 minutes to call 911 and for performing CPR on a bed instead of a hard surface, but he has continually denied giving Jackson any drug that could have killed him.

He has been secluded at his Las Vegas home and reportedly goes out with a security detail due to death threats.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=8187420
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2009, 06:37:12 pm »

I guess this means the concert promoter's insurance will kick in.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:43:06 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2009, 09:13:07 pm »
Court Papers Show Jackson Died of Propofol

By SOLOMON MOORE
Published: August 24, 2009

LOS ANGELES — Lethal levels of a powerful anesthetic caused Michael Jackson’s death, according to preliminary coroner findings cited in Texas court documents unsealed Monday.

The documents, a pair of search warrants and affidavits filed by the police in July to search the Houston office and storage unit of Dr. Conrad Murray, Mr. Jackson’s private doctor, provide the most detailed evidence against Dr. Murray by the Los Angeles Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

The police told judges in Texas and Nevada that they suspected Dr. Murray of manslaughter, according to documents filed there.

According to the warrants, Dr. Murray told investigators that he had administered an intravenous drip of 50 milligrams of propofol, an anesthetic, to Mr. Jackson nightly for six weeks before the singer’s death at his Holmby Hills home to help him sleep. Dr. Murray also administered lorazepam, an anti-anxiety drug that can be addictive, and midazolam, a muscle relaxant, to treat Mr. Jackson’s insomnia.

The chief coroner for Los Angeles County, Dr. Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran, indicated that his preliminary assessment of the cause of death was due to a lethal dose of propofol, according to the court documents. They also describe how Dr. Murray administered propofol and other drugs, including Valium, on June 25, the day Mr. Jackson died.

“After approximately 10 minutes, Murray stated he left Jackson’s side to go to the restroom,” the documents show. “Murray stated he was out of the room for about two minutes maximum. Upon his return, Murray noticed that Jackson was no longer breathing.”

Dr. Murray said he tried to resuscitate Mr. Jackson and administered flumazenil, a drug to reverse the effects of the sedatives in his system, and then called Mr. Jackson’s personal assistant, Michael Amir Williams, for help. Mr. Williams called Mr. Jackson’s security detail while Dr. Murray asked the singer’s chef to send one of his sons upstairs to the bedroom as he continued cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

Dr. Murray waited about 82 minutes before anyone called paramedics to the home, according to the court documents.

Investigators said Dr. Murray did not initially tell paramedics or doctors that he had given Mr. Jackson propofol.

Mr. Jackson was eventually taken to University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, where he died. Medical experts said Monday that the combination of drugs Mr. Jackson was given would have exacerbated the effect of the propofol.

Drugs like lorazepam and Valium have the effect of slowing a person’s breathing.

“If you are going to put on top of that some propofol, you are not only standing on thin ice, but starting to jump up and down on that ice,” said Dr. John F. Dombrowski, director of the Washington Pain Center. “If you don’t have someone who knows how to manage respiratory depression, you’re going to die.”

The documents indicate that Dr. Murray tried to revive Mr. Jackson with flumazenil, which reverses the effects of benzodiazepines like lorazepam. But “there’s no drug that reverses propofol per se,” said Dr. Robert R. Kirby, an anesthesiologist.

And waiting 82 minutes to call 911 was inexplicable to medical experts. “Lord, no; you’d call right away,” Dr. Kirby said.

Investigators said they found numerous bottles of medications prescribed by various doctors at Mr. Jackson’s bedside and throughout his living quarters.

Dr. Murray said that he was not the first doctor to administer propofol to Mr. Jackson, that he suspected Mr. Jackson was addicted to the drug and that he tried to wean him off of it, the documents state. Dr. Murray told the police that the singer referred to propofol as his “milk.” On the day he died, Mr. Jackson was unable to sleep and, after repeated demands, the doctor administered propofol in an IV drip.

Investigators also interviewed Cherilyn Lee, a nurse who described how Mr. Jackson asked her to obtain propofol for him.

“He stated he would pay her or another doctor whatever they wanted for it,” according to the affidavit. Ms. Lee told investigators that she refused.

On June 1, Mr. Jackson’s bodyguard called to tell her Mr. Jackson was ill.

“She heard Jackson in the background saying, ‘One side of my body is hot, and the other side is cold,’ ” according to the affidavits. Ms. Lee told investigators that she told the bodyguard he should go to the hospital.

Dr. Murray was a cardiologist in Houston, Las Vegas and Los Angeles for 20 years. Earlier this year, AEG, an event promoter and stadium operator, hired him to be Mr. Jackson’s personal physician during a planned series of 50 concerts in London, for a monthly salary of $150,000.

A special agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration, which investigates prescription fraud, said records showed that despite the discovery of bottles of propofol at Mr. Jackson’s home, Dr. Murray “never ordered, purchased nor received any propofol.”

Dr. Murray told investigators that Mr. Jackson obtained propofol from various sources, including two unidentified doctors in Germany and an anesthesiologist in Las Vegas.

Mr. Jackson’s relatives and associates have said the singer used several aliases to obtain prescription drugs.

Public records show that Dr. Murray was in serious financial trouble before he became Mr. Jackson’s doctor, facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in debts and liens and a Las Vegas home in foreclosure proceedings.

Ed Chernoff, a lawyer for Dr. Murray, said in a statement Monday: “Much of what was in the search warrant affidavit is factual. However, unfortunately, much is police theory. Most egregiously, the timeline reported by law enforcement was not obtained through interviews with Dr. Murray.”

Lt. Fred Corral, an investigator at the Los Angeles County coroner’s office, said the toxicology tests and a final autopsy report had been completed but were being kept confidential at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department, which continues to investigate Dr. Murray.

A spokesman for the police department said he had no official statement regarding the case since the investigation was continuing.

Pam Belluck contributed reporting from Nantucket, Mass.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:41:09 pm by killfoile »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2009, 08:03:38 am »
When I went into a coma about 12 years ago, Propofol was what was used to keep me in the coma while my body healed.  It's just all ridiculous about Murray.  Negligent, I'd say.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2009, 11:11:19 am »
But MJ would have found someone to administer whatever he wanted. In this case Murray was in deep financial trouble and MJ got the promoter to agree to pay him $150k a week@! It's easy to justify things in that situation, "he'd be doing it anyway," "I'm not the one getting him the propofol, he already has it.'' etc etc

MJ was skating on thin ice, this was bound to happen sooner or later (an overdose or death).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:47:02 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2009, 01:20:57 pm »
But MJ would have found someone to administer whatever he wanted. In this case Murray was in deep financial trouble and MJ got the promoter to agree to pay him $150k a week@! It's easy to justify things in that situation, "he'd be doing it anyway," "I'm not the one getting him the propofol, he already has it.'' etc etc

MJ was skating on thin ice, this was bound to happen sooner or later (and overdose or death).

Yes, this is all true, but a doctor has a code of ethics that should be followed.  I've been treated by an unethical doctor in the past, who eventually will end up losing his license for overprescribing, just as the doctor who prescribed for Elvis did.  It's unfortunate when people lose principles; but maybe Murray never had any.

Offline mecch

« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2009, 06:17:13 pm »
Needing money isn't an excuse for unethical behavior. Claiming he was reducing harm by being a medical supervisor to an dangerously addicted person is one thing. Perhaps it was a professional accident. But a doctor should probably know when NOT to get involved in a lose lose situation.  I think he never even got paid. 
He's at fault. But morally I'd say the concert promoter pushed the whole situation to its deadly finale.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2009, 06:25:36 pm »
I agree his actions were unethical.

I guess my point is that even if Michael Jackson and Murray had never crossed paths, MJ was still headed down the road leading to an overdose or early death. The reason I think it's a valid point is that it's too easy to use the doctor as a scapegoat and say he killed MJ. That if it weren't for Murray MJ would still be alive etc.

MJ has been in deep trouble for a long time. So many people around him were enablers, the situation had gotten so out of hand. If it had not been Murray, MJ would have found another willing doctor, there was no stopping him.

From a legal perspective, though, Murray is probably guilty of manslaughter, based on what these reports are claiming, if they can prove it in court.

Offline antibody

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2009, 10:33:48 pm »
and it goes on......
A man is suing Michael Jackson's estate, claiming the singer is responsible for the theft of his herpes cure.

Erle Bonner claims Jackson gave his formulas for "herpes cure, acne cures and arthritis cures" to a guy named Kevin Trudeau, also a defendant, who allegedly pilfered them.

Bonner also claims ..."someone from the Jackson family came by my house and shot a 22 pistol in the air. They turned around in a neighbor's driveway and drove away."

Bonner also claims in his suit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court ... Jackson stole nine copyrights and the idea for an automobile insurance policy that "would revolutionize insurance for cars in America."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/category/michael-jackson/#ixzz0RhkENcQP
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2009, 02:33:29 am »

Bonner also claims ..."someone from the Jackson family came by my house and shot a 22 pistol in the air. They turned around in a neighbor's driveway and drove away."

Latoya is so gangsta!

Offline mecch

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2009, 04:58:09 am »
Latoya may be a bit spooky and she sure ain't gonna miss this media exposure, she's really milking it. BUT. kudos to her for saying right out to the press from the get go that her brother was murdered. Ok so maybe it wasnt Bin Laden investement group trying to steal the Beatles catalogue and working through the nation of Islam to surround MJ with his zombie officers.

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2009, 07:38:40 pm »
  Latoya is so gangsta!

LOL!  I totally imagined LaToya shooting off some guns while Reebie did "Centipede" in the background!

Offline the trebmeister

• Fame is fleeting ... obscurity is forever.
    • daddy, you bastard
« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2009, 10:38:34 pm »
tfg.
Your friends may say that I’m a stranger
My face they’ll never see no more
There is but one promise that’s given
I’ll sail on God’s golden shore

Offline randym431

« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2009, 01:24:42 am »
Michael is releasing a new song. You know... Like John Lennon has been doing for years and years after death. Makes me wonder just how many unknown or un released songs exist. The jackson's could keep this going for years. It would seem natural that any super star singer has hundreds of recording never released. Stuff they just messed with in the studio to see how it sounds, or recording of other hits, like some Beatles, Elvis and others. Since performers like Jackson have access to recording studios, probably own their own personal recording in-home studio, Michael probably had fun singing all types of songs and getting them down on tape.

I would'nt be surprised if we see many never heard songs released, and possibly entire albums from Michael's collection, in the future.
His family could keep the money rolling in for a long long time...   ;)
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2009, 03:08:17 am »
Michael is releasing a new song. You know... Like John Lennon has been doing for years and years after death. Makes me wonder just how many unknown or un released songs exist. The jackson's could keep this going for years.

LOL I can't wait to see the video.   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.