Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:37:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 641
Total: 641

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ~  (Read 5480 times)

Offline Eldon

~
« on: August 02, 2006, 05:03:31 pm »
As my story goes, I was diagnosed in August of 1990 for HIV. Since that time I did not let HIV take over my life. I continued to work and have lived my life as anyone normally would. Just recently in Feb 2006, I started meds. I am on Epzicom and Reyataz as a breakfast cocktail. I just recently got my Lab Results back and I wanted to get some opinions on it. I just started tracking as of 02.10.2006 as well as treatment by my doctor:

02.10.2006 -- CD4 was 56 and my VL was 9,260...@5%

06.27.2006 -- CD4 was 126 and my VL was under 400...@11%

I beleive the meds are working. Feedback? I think it is a good thing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:12:30 pm by Eldon »

Offline ademas

Re: Hello Everyone, it is Eldon - Do you think the meds are working?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:09:16 pm »
looks like they're working, Eldon!
It took me nearly 3 years to hit a cd4 over 200 and a percentage in the double-digits, so I think you're off to a great start.
That percentage number did a nice jump there!

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:41:51 pm »
Hello Eldon, yes the meds are working but you doc should be asking for a viral load test that measures to less than 50 copies, which is target for viral load by current treatment standards.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:51:12 pm »
Hello Matt(newt), it is Eldon. i will ask my Docor that when I go to see him on Tuesday of next week. My case manager had mentioned something like that earlier when I called to get the test results.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 07:14:27 pm »
Hey buddy they look pretty darn good to me.   ;D

Take Matt's advice about the more sensitive vl test though.

RAB

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:17:40 pm »
Hey Eldon,

Very nice rebound in the past 4 months as all of your numbers are headed in the right direction.  Just keep doing what you are doing and I'd imagine the trend will continue.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 08:47:20 pm »
Hello RAB, I will take Matt's advice to take the more sensitive vl test though. My case worker mentioned the same thing today when I talked to her about the test results.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:49:35 pm »
HELLO ELDON-JOHN ;D

Sounds like they are working......How do you feel?

Offline Eldon

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 08:53:57 pm »
Hello John, I feel great! and Happy too that I got the news today, a bit releived to know that things are going in the right direction.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:57:30 pm »
Yes the meds do work. Is this a news flash? They have been working fo many of us for a long time. May I ask why you waited so long? 16 Years is a long, long time. Imagine what the numbers would have been had you started...say a decade ago? Just kind of baffled why the long time in starting the meds??? Could you connect the dots here?  Was it the Dr's advice to wait so long???
Not being critical, just playing devil's advocate so others may learn from your situation sir. I'm happy for you that you are headed in the right direction.
Continued success to you Eldon.
Positive since 1985

Offline Eldon

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 10:33:48 pm »
Hello Jeffreyj, it is Eldon. First of all, thank you for your response. To answer your question, I wasn't educated as I am today on HIV/AIDS.To be honest, the Doctor at the time had put me on Retrovir and AZT, they made me sick. I then made a decision to stop takling the meds because all of the side effects. What a mistake that was. We all make mistakes, and I have learned from it.

Now, to all readers, guests and newbies, I'm not saying do not take your meds, I'm saying today that you should take your meds as prescribed by your Doctor.

If I had of known what I know now, I would have committed to meds a long time ago.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.