Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 06:32:37 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773294
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 1
Guests: 589
Total: 590

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Encuesta

UD Pozzies can NOT transmit HIV : Is it time to drop the Biohazards for something more proactive ?

Yes, time to drop biohazards signs and come with a new sign for UD-Ps
8 (32%)
No, we are not sure yet
6 (24%)
No, they are wild and sexy
11 (44%)

Total de votos: 25

Autor Tema: POLL: Time to drop Biohazards Symbols  (Leído 18842 veces)

Desconectado pittman

Re: POLL: Time to drop Biohazards Symbols
« Respuesta #50 en: Junio 10, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »
Miss P owns about a dozen designer swimsuits in very small cuts, which she flaunted for years from East Hampton, to Miami and on to San Juan -- and a dash of Cap d'Antibes . However, I packed them away once I turned 35 along with all of my tank tops. One must be age appropriate.

* pictures available upon request

ha! Being inappropriate was a hallmark of youth to begin with. 

Desconectado skeebo1969

« Respuesta #51 en: Junio 12, 2014, 08:27:35 am »

They have a biohazard  sticker on the needle box at my local blood draw center.  It pisses me off because I still haven't worked up the nerve to play Jeff's game of, "stick your hand in there and swirl it around a bit".
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Desconectado Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Respuesta #52 en: Junio 12, 2014, 08:32:05 am »

They have a biohazard  sticker on the needle box at my local blood draw center.  It pisses me off because I still haven't worked up the nerve to play Jeff's game of, "stick your hand in there and swirl it around a bit".

Its a new version of Pokemon .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Respuesta #53 en: Junio 12, 2014, 08:51:21 am »
Just get HIV+ tattooed on yer arse, as conservative pundit William F. Buckley scandalously proposed a thousand years ago.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Desconectado wolfter

« Respuesta #54 en: Junio 12, 2014, 09:46:46 am »
Back in our day, we didn't need tats to identify as being poz.  Grown ass men weighing 90lbs and walking with canes pretty much outed us.   ;)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Desconectado mecch

« Respuesta #55 en: Junio 14, 2014, 09:49:23 pm »
I met an early 20s cutie the other day with a biohazard symbol and because of age and this era in the HIV epidemic, I thought it was interesting he got one and my feelings on seeing it were different and new.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Desconectado zach

« Respuesta #56 en: Junio 14, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »
Back in our day, we didn't need tats to identify as being poz.  Grown ass men weighing 90lbs and walking with canes pretty much outed us.   ;)

hey!  ;)

Desconectado thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Respuesta #57 en: Junio 16, 2014, 01:13:23 pm »
Ugh.  I hate this thread.  It's even worse than I imagined.  No offense meant to anyone in particular, but I find the whole original premise of it to be ick.

It smacks of that same sort of talk from folks who sound desperate to replace "AIDS" with "Advanced HIV Disease" and all that.  I also don't like the notion of coming up with some new and improved label to slap on those who are "healthy" vs. those who are not.  Cuz guess what?  We're all just an issue away from moving into the other column in one way or another, and even if I'm currently doing fine I would rather align myself with those who aren't in the first place.  They are the ones who need it.  The beautiful people need no help remaining beautiful.

Just - I'm sorry, but just what the hell is the point of all this?  Of all the things HIV/AIDS related to pick up the banner for, this is the crusade??

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Desconectado Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Respuesta #58 en: Junio 16, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »
Ugh.  I hate this thread.  It's even worse than I imagined.  No offense meant to anyone in particular, but I find the whole original premise of it to be ick.

It smacks of that same sort of talk from folks who sound desperate to replace "AIDS" with "Advanced HIV Disease" and all that.  I also don't like the notion of coming up with some new and improved label to slap on those who are "healthy" vs. those who are not.  Cuz guess what?  We're all just an issue away from moving into the other column in one way or another, and even if I'm currently doing fine I would rather align myself with those who aren't in the first place.  They are the ones who need it.  The beautiful people need no help remaining beautiful.

Just - I'm sorry, but just what the hell is the point of all this?  Of all the things HIV/AIDS related to pick up the banner for, this is the crusade??

Thanks Tim ... I could not agree more .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Respuesta #59 en: Junio 16, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »
The beautiful people need no help remaining beautiful.

Kiehl's is expensive!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Desconectado eric48

• Standard
« Respuesta #60 en: Junio 22, 2014, 04:27:20 am »
this endless AIDS phobia makes its hard not to feel like damaged goods

Of course there is nothing wrong about tatoos on one's buttocks.
Of course, burying a discussion with irrelevant comments will always work

So what about a politically correct poll ?: time to drop ... elephant bells ... ?

Biohazards, used in avatars (Twitter, etc.) are for every one to see and convey a message

Is the message they carry, in public domain, still appropriate ?
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Desconectado vertigo

« Respuesta #61 en: Junio 22, 2014, 05:36:04 am »
I don't hate the thread, although I can understand how some will take offense.

Personally I admire guys with the biohazard tattoo.  I think it's sexy and I like their willingness to be open.  But I wouldn't have one myself.  Then again I'm old enough to have seen a lot of tattoo fads (bicep barbed wire, tribal, yin/yang, etc) and never been tempted, so I guess they're just not for me.

The real question is one of stigma.  I suppose you can make the case that someone with a non-infectious condition (assuming UD) needn't sport a biohazard sign, but HIV doesn't exist in the same socio-medical realm as diabetes, and isn't likely to anytime soon.  So I find it hard to accept that having a tattoo adds to the stigma, if that's the point here.  To the contrary, being open about status is probably the best antidote to stigma that's available.

Desconectado mecch

« Respuesta #62 en: Junio 22, 2014, 05:51:43 am »

So what about a politically correct poll ?: time to drop ... elephant bells ... ?

Biohazards, used in avatars (Twitter, etc.) are for every one to see and convey a message

You didn't put this option in your poll:

"I vote that people can choose whatever symbol they want as one identifier. I think that a symbol like biohazard changes meaning over time, and always has several significations anyway, depending on who is using it, and who is seeing it." 

But that would have destroyed the bias built into your poll. I get that you are frustrated that the world, the general public, has a hard time understanding the contradictory meanings of an HIV diagnosis and infection.  But why police HIV+ people about how they choose to deal at the social level (such as a visible biohazard symbol), with their own infection?
« última modificación: Junio 22, 2014, 05:54:28 am por mecch »

Desconectado bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Respuesta #63 en: Junio 22, 2014, 11:52:51 am »

YOU ASKED FOR OPINIONS - -now you are deeming any that go against your preconceived outcome, as "irrelevant comments". 

Here is a thought -- perhaps just like gays taking the word "queer" as their own to diminish its use as an invective, taking on the biohazard symbol gives some folks a sense of power over other's preconceived notions.

However -- whatever someone's reason - it's theirs and your interp of their motives are not a basis to "vote on their choice". 
Stigma is fought best by many strategies and many fronts.  Perhaps you should focus your energies on what YOU CAN DO, vs. what others can do.  You don't like the Biohazard sign, don't use it.

Mike

Desconectado zach

« Respuesta #64 en: Junio 22, 2014, 12:07:21 pm »
you're just tempting me to show off my tattooed ass

Desconectado wolfter

« Respuesta #65 en: Junio 23, 2014, 05:13:34 am »
Symbols of solidarity have assisted the gay culture in eliminating stigma for some time now.  Is it also time to drop the rainbow flag? 

It's unfortunate that the OP dismisses comments as irrelevant.  A true discussion allows for open and honest communication regardless of the content. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.