Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 353
Total: 355

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I need some comfort of some sort, freaking out!  (Read 3613 times)

Offline adamn86

I need some comfort of some sort, freaking out!
« on: July 13, 2007, 01:04:04 pm »
Here is my history.  I am an otherwise straight male.  I say otherwise, because I have one person who I have had sexual encounters with ever since gradeschool.  Up to this point, we still continued to.  We have never had anal, we only give eachother oral.  Mostly everytime we cum in eachothers mouth, no swallowing.  Every other sexual encounter I've had with a female I have used a condom. 

Beginning this march, I began to feel bad.  Mostly a mild sore throat, mild headache.  Over the next month, I went to see two doctors are my university, and both dismissed it as allergies, and gave me meds.  The meds did nothing so I stopped taking them.  About a month later, I began to develop headaches almost daily (tension type headaches-vice like feeling on head, neck ache).  I would also have a slight feeling of congestion in my head, accompanied by a "warm" feeling in my throat.  Not sore, just warm.  I also get cancer sores on my tounge every once and a while, which are gone after a few days.  Most of them I can explain away.  I bite my nails, and my two front teeth have very small chips in them, which I think aggitate the tip of my tounge when it rubs against it.  Most of the sores are right in line with the tip that goes over the jagged teeth.  But I have had a few others on the side of my tounge, a bit bigger, but they only last a few days.  They could be due to stress, who knows, but I have a paranoid mind, I an attribute them to HIV.

Fastfoward to today.  The past few weeks I have noticed some lumps in my neck.  I went to the doc 2 days ago, he examined my neck and found nothing.  That made me feel better, but I get home the next day after work and feel a good sized knot on the lower side of my neck, that I know is a lymp node.  It has been there for a few months, but I think it's gotten bigger.  How the doc missed this is beyond me.  He examined my neck for literally 5 seconds, I don't even think he touched that area.

So today I am going to the hospital for a CAT scan of my brain, and of my sinuses, which the doc from wed ordered since he found nothing phyisically wrong with me, and wanted to be safe. I'm sure that if my sinus scan shows inflammation due to some chronic sinus infection, that I will also attribute that to HIV.  I've had mono before so I am ruling that one out.

I am an otherwise healthy 21 year old.  I don't really feel fatigued THAT much, considering I wake up at 5am and work 12 hours of contruction, then come back home and lift weights.  Something tells me if I had chronic fatigue I wouldn't be able to pull that off.

This lingering feeling of slight congestion, mild tension headaches accompanied with aching on the back of my skull, and a lump in my neck is making me freak out.  If I have had a long day and am really tired, my throat sometimes begins to feel mildy sore.  All of this has been doing on since march.

Am I being unreasonable to be this scared?  This has been the largest amount of stress I've ever felt in my life.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 01:12:17 pm by adamn86 »

Offline RapidRod

Re: I need some comfort of some sort, freaking out!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 01:57:16 pm »
If you have had a concern this long and you've felt it was because of your bisexual activities with your friend, why didn't you go test and collect your negative result and you wouldn't be suffering these anxieties? Note that I said collect your negative result. 

Offline adamn86

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 03:45:49 pm »
I prolly will end up getting tested.  I am kind of reluctant about it though, being as I am so scared at the moment.  Where do I go to get a test?  Just any redi-med, or urgent care place?  Actually come to think of it I will just get a whole STD test done.

I just got back from my cat scan and sinus scan, so I will wait to hear those results before I move onto the next step.

Thanks for the reply.

edit: got the results from cat scan.  Sinuses and brain are normal.  What the hell is making me feel congested then?!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:41:47 pm by adamn86 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:23:59 pm »
I agree with Roddles that should you test, your result will be negative.

All sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least once a year. Twice is better. A full STD screen will include an HIV antibody test. Ask your doctor to arrange this for you. In the meantime you might like to take the opportunity to read our Welcome Thread to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Please note that in recommending that you have a full screen, I'm not suggesting you have HIV or any other STD from what you've told us about here. Rather, regular STD screening is a good habit for sexually active people to get into.

As for your sinus issues, well that's not our problem babe. We deal with HIV here. You should work with your doctor to determine what's making you ill.

MtD

Offline adamn86

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 01:43:02 am »
Thanks to you all, I am feeling a bit better.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.