Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:08:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 623
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Finally…. A therapist  (Read 3572 times)

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
Finally…. A therapist
« on: January 26, 2024, 03:02:01 pm »
So I have struggled to find a talk therapist since I moved to Boston in 2021. Back in Dec of 2022,  I went on a wait list with several organizations and …. This week my number was finally called!

The organization is out of Georgia so unfortunately they only offer telehealth. I have an intake next week to narrow down my actual provider. My therapist for years, back in Fort Lauderdale, will be a tough act to follow. She was in her 70s, preferred dogs to humans, and her office was filled with hundreds of toy llamas and alpacas.

Fingers crossed on just such an eccentric that can handle all of this crazy!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline Tonny2

Re: Finally…. A therapist
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 03:18:48 pm »

ojo.            I will be crossing my fingers even my toes, and if that isn’t enough, I would cross my legs too, so you can find the right help. I think that I missed why you need such a help. In an event, I will be thinking of you, and I wish you the best. ….hugs

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 03:29:08 pm »

ojo.            I will be crossing my fingers even my toes, and if that isn’t enough, I would cross my legs too, so you can find the right help. I think that I missed why you need such a help. In an event, I will be thinking of you, and I wish you the best. ….hugs

I appreciate all of those crossings Tonny lol! You have more than ensured all will go smoothly!

I go to talk therapy for mental illness. I’ve been riding the Bipolar express since 2014ish. I’ve been institutionalized a handful of times, a few for more than a month. I’ve attempted suicide more times than I can count, and a few times I ended up hospitalized.

Now I just try to equip myself with all the armor I can to battle my demons ie: psychiatrist, therapist, a peer sponsor, and now our biweekly peer support calls and these forums. It takes an army 😅
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 05:50:25 pm »

ojo.              OMG!!,
I am so sorry to hear about here situation and I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to meet you guys on your biweekly support. If I can help you by talking to someone feel free to send me a private message. I’m no psychiatrist nor psychologist. but maybe talking with someone else will help. I must confess I don’t know anything or anyone who is bipolar although my brother-in-law sometime, I think that he’s bipolar. Lol… seriously I can be there for you, sometimes difficult for me to post or reply because I use dictation on my cell phone and then I have they sell fun to read what he typed and if I see a typo and I tried to correct it it becomes a mess, and believe me, I do get frustrated. But anyway, I wish you the best, and I am so sorry that you had to deal with Sasha situation, specially when you had attempted suicide, that must be terrible for your family and for you… i’ll be thinking of you…hugs gs

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 06:52:29 pm »
Thank you Tonny for being so supportive, and willing to be available. Thankfully bipolar is simply a chemical imbalance. So long as I take my medicine, and it’s working, I will be just fine. The talk therapy serves dual purposes by helping me unpack some of the things I’ve done while “spinning” out during my manic episodes, and also to allow an independent person to evaluate my current mood and raise any red flags. They might be the first to recognize when something isn’t right.

Sometimes I wish I was as passionate about my hiv treatment as I am my mental health. I guess I feel like the mental health could kill me much more quickly than HIV ever could.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 09:06:08 pm »

ojo.             Well, we are going to be here for you, and hopefully you will die of  old age.. so keep taking your medication for your mental issue as well as your vitamin as i call my HIV medication. I know that is difficult to deal with a mental illness but like I said, we are here for you…hugs

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.